Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2001, 07:25 AM   #1  
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

Hello and welcome to the Thin Group! We are a great group of ladies (but men are welcome if there are any who care to join us) who have one thing in common. We are all working together toward our goal of being healthier in our daily lifestyles and to lose weight in 2000. There are all different ages and backgrounds here and we all have different ways of losing our weight. We all love to have fun and laugh, but we also give a lot of support, encouragement and motivation for one another. Please feel free to post with us - just jump right in and believe me, you will be welcomed with open arms. The more the merrier!
Please feel free to check out our website and learn more about us at: www.geocities.com/hotsprings/sauna/4797

Love, CJ

------------------
"It must happen in your mind before it happens in your life!"
Old 02-09-2001, 08:35 AM   #2  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone ~ I went for my first weight training appointment after work today. It was really good but I think I may be hurting tomorrow morning.

Jo ~ I know from where you speak. I am so like you. I usually eat myself silly when hubby is on a business trip ~ and I have no idea why I do it. :confused: The bad thing is, he is going out of town Tuesday, 2/20 until Sunday, 2/25 so I'm really gonna need lots of help. Don't worry though, just stand back up Jo and look ahead.

CJ ~ Woo Hoo!! Are you doing the "dance" over there?? Good job kiddo, good job!! I do the same as you eat next to nothing before weigh in. When WW was at work, Tues. at 11am, I have nothing ~ not breakfast, not coffee, not water. But now that it's at 6pm, I have my coffee, skip breakfast and eat a light lunch. I'd die without anything until 6pm.
And hey CJ, that was pretty sneaky, starting the new thread and then going back to finish up the other one....hmmmmmm, I need to get here first.....someday. Ha!

Kelster ~ spaghetti isn't bad for your diet ~ too many carbs can cause you not to lose but pasta is good to eat for dieting. Of course, I love it so much that I eat too much and get carried away. Ha!

Hello to everyone I didn't address personally. I hope you're doing well and staying on track. Have a great Thursday night and Friday.

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-09-2001, 10:07 AM   #3  
CH

Hello Ladies, I have been lurking tonight waiting for CJ to do "her" thing before I post. When the board gets to 25 I always think I'll wait for the next one.
CJ---Thanks for the e-mail. You always boost me up with your pep-talk. I was searching this house over for something sweet. I found half a bag of M&M baking chips in the freezer. Your e-mail arrived and I threw them in the trash. Thanks, CJ.
BTW your granddaughter is the cutest. Somewhere I missed the part about you building a new house. I know you are excited. Do you have house plans already made?

Zoe---You are still doing so well. And you are exercising. I am impressed! I know the problem with the chocolate. I never crave it but TOM will do it. I teach a class at church on Wed. nights and one girl in the class brings homemade cookies every week. She is killing me! I don't know how to very politely say "Stop it!". This is a Divorce Care class and feeling are on edge anyway. Only one week could I refuse one. It wasn't last night.

Kelster---I received that same info on water that you posted today. I like water but guess where I spend the day. It's hard to do that at school. At the bottom of the same e-mail was info about coke. I thought it was pretty interesting too. Did you see it? I didn't know you could clean your toilet with coke. Don't worry about spaghetti it was just one meal. I try to remember I didn't gain it in one day and I won't lose it in one day. (Oh, but how I wish I could)

angel-eyes---I have been playing with 2 lbs. this week also. Isn't it aggravating? Don't give up. They will eventually move.

Chrissy---I have you written on my calendar for the 12th. Please know that I will be sending lots of prayers your way for you and the girls. I really want all your family to have some relief and closure from this awful thing. Good for you for not smoking and exercising. I know that does a lot for your stress at this point. May God hold your hand thru this.

Regency919---Good for you for not eating all the brownies and cookies. I am not very strong when it comes to homemade cookies. Hope your doggy is feeling better. Did you ever find out what was wrong?

Sherry---Our weather was beautiful today also. It was in the 60's and the same for tomorrow, although they are promising rain to go with it. Today was the first day I've been warm since October. Hope it's a preview of things to come.

Sharon---The same article was in our paper about the school/house. I would love to see it, inside. I can't imagine it! The outside of that school was really looking bad. I just can't imagine putting that much money in a house. Let's just say it's not how I live! I wish I knew someone who knew them, who would invite me in. I know you must be working like crazy on those taxes. I'm taking mind to my accountant tomorrow and then I will say a prayer! My thoughts are with you on the 12th.

Jello---I think you might have mentioned how you feel about snow. Am I right girls? Did Jo mention snow? I don't blame you for not driving that new car. Who wants to take a chance with a new car? Why if someone hit it I'm afraid Jo would "kill". I'm afraid stress makes me eat. (As does happiness, sadness, nerves, loneiness and any other feeling you can have)

Gail---Okay I am jealous of your flowers, so I'm going to try to be nice. I know it will be late May before I see any serious budding here. I can't wait. Let me know how WW goes for you. Have you been before? Are you actually going to the meetings or just doing the program? I may have to try it also. I mean I have been at least 5 times before but not with this new program. I have a Dr.'s appointment Monday for a physical. I dread it because I haven't lost any since the last time I was there.
The good news is my grandbaby is spending the week with me starting Monday. How I will get both of us dressed and out of the house every morning I do not know. Forget me wearing make-up this week, I won't have time.
but I can't wait to get my hands on that sweet thing! I missed Dr. Phil, I think I have a friend who taped it, maybe I will get to see it. I went to Oprah web site and read about it. I enjoy her show but am often not home in time to see it. I do love Rosie also.

JinksE---I have thought about buying Dr. Phil's book also. I understand it's not about dieting exactly but the reasons for feelings and how we react to them. I don't know if I want to know that much about me. I understand when you say you can't keep up with the posts. Today I printed #36 so I could have them in my hand to post now. It took 21 pages, so that's probably not a good idea. I don't want to skip anyone but I'm sure I do sometimes. And sometimes I think my posts are more about me than others. I also think I'm losing my memory! Seriously!

Well, ladies you know I turn into a pumpkin at 10:00 so I will sign off. I'm supposed to be off tomorrow but I'm so far behind I'm going to work for awhile. I forgot to tell you one more story. Monday was the 100reth day of school so we have a big celebration. One class made necklaces with 100 Fruit Loops on them. Josh (one of my favorites) wanted to give me his necklace. I said "How sweet but I'm afraid I will eat it". He looked at me very seriously and said "Well that's okay but I have to tell you I've already licked it." I put the necklace and wore it home and did not EAT it. On that note, Good night ladies, have a great week-end! Carolyn

Old 02-09-2001, 11:39 AM   #4  
Taking It A Day At A Time

OK CJ-WHY YOU LITTLE BRAT! You sure did start this one than go back and finish # 37 like Zoe said. Just wait till I come there to Michigan next week. I am gonna give you what for. LOL

BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT BRAT

There that feels so much better. HA HA HA HA

I didn't even really get on, just sent you an email congratulating you on your #2 lb loss and that's what I get for taking the time for doing that. I guess I should have started # 38 instead. LOL I wasn't home either tonight and was at my son Alan's band concert with my daughter Kelly-Ken is out of town so couldn't go. This was my FINAL BAND CONCERT after 4 kids-2 girls and 2 boys, and 14 years of marching season and concert. Just think of all the songs I have sat thru from the first concert of my daughters 14 years ago to the last one tonight. I sure have heard it all from squeeks to the most beautiful music I have even listened to. So I AM THRU GUYS! Never again will I have to sell anything ever again. Unless it is for my grandkids if I have them. Never again will I have to work a band fund raising function. No more selling pointsettia's, cheesecakes, fruit, candles, peelers, discount cards, trash bags, sausage and cheese, or candy. YIPPEE I AM ALL DONE. But I didn't cry like I thought I would to hear my son play his last note tonight. Why didn't I cry? Cause I didn't feel like it, I am so happy that I am all done with band. I enjoyed it when I heard them play, I put up with it when I had to raise money every year for the various projects, trips, uniforms and instrument repairs. But I am truely glad it has come to an end. I AM TIRED GUYS! I just don't know what Ken and I are ever gonna do with ourselves on Friday nites, instead of going to football games, or Saturday nites instead of going to competitions. I don't know what we am gonna do but I am sure we can find something to do with our time now. I LOVE IT!!!

OK anyways.

CJ-Like I said in my email, congratulations on a job well done. See I told you that all your hard work would pay off big time and I was right. Good for you not giving up this week. I am proud of you for that, but NOT for starting the new thread instead of me. YOU LITTLE BRAT!! Hope to see you soon and beat you up in person. HA HA HA HA HA HA HA Just kidding you know I can't do that, who would give me any of their Buttershots when I get there? LOL

Zoe-Good for you in your first weight training session. Take a nice hot bath in your tub and relax, soon your soreness will go away. Just keep on working out and you will get used to it. This is your first time and your muscles take some getting used to it. When I am away from my weights for a while I too get pretty sore. But as I get back into it, it goes away. I also don't do my weights 2 day in a row and let my muscles rest for a day in between. Did your instructor tell you that? I was wondering if I am hearing right. Cause that is what my instructors at the gym told me. Keep it up and that is great about your .8 lb loss. Everything adds up in the end.

Kelster-Hey you can eat spaghetti. I have some cans of that Pasta Ready for whenever I feel like some spaghetti. It is meatless, but does the trick with a bit of parmesan cheese on top. I too love those carbs and need them sometimes to get through the day and fill me up. Also thanks for posting those great facts about the importance of water. I never knew alot of that. Glad you are doing so well on your program too, I tell you it's all the wonderful support around here that is making the difference this time for you. Well as well as all your hard work and determination.

Jo-Hey don't worry we all get like that. Tonight we order pizza cause Ken was out of town and we had Alan's concert and wouldn't you know I sure had my share. But tomorrow is a whole new day and I am not gonna worry about and neither should you. We all get on a roll sometimes when it comes to eating including me. But let's just star fresh tomorow, if you will I will.

angel-eyes-Hey we are all LOSERS around here. You got right back on track and I know that will turn your around before you know it. Just wait and see how the scale somes down before you know it.

Mary Kay-How romantic of you to do that for your hubby for Valentines day. What a great idea with the balloons and the teddy bear too. Have a nice romantic dinner you two.

Jinny-You are lucky that you don't eat when you are stressed. In the beginning I can't eat, but it doesn't take long till I am back to the way I used to. An eating machine. LOL You did a good job on the bold see I did it too. CJ taught me how to do it. Good job on your .8 lbs too and your 5 lb star too. WAY TO GO!

Chrissy-Glad you called tonight, it was good talking to you. I can't wait to see you when I come there. I know you work on Sunday, but I will call you when I get to Papa's house. Don't worry Chrissy things will go alright I just know it. Just think we will be together during this trial and that is the important thing. Hey even my daughter Kelly is coming. Won't you love to see your niece again? She always cheers you up, you two are pretty funny when you get together. Like I don't add to it any. LOL I can't wait to see my nieces Emily and Ellen again. Hey your niece Sarah will be there too, Kelly loves to see Sarah they hit it off pretty good since they are both teachers. It will be good to see your sister Cynthia too. I really like her too. Hey we sure are gonna have the people in the courtroom won't we? With all your friends and Ricks friends from the Detroit News there it will be quite a show of support for him. We won't let them forget about justice for my brother and your husband Rick. {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CHRISSY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Carolyn(CH)-So you decided to just get the heck out of the way since it was getting too close for comfort there eh? LOL Ha Ha Ha that is such a hilarious story about the Fruit Loop necklace and how that boy said he licked it. HA HA HA HA TOO FUNNY FOR WORDS. I don't see how the heck you kept a straight face when he said that.

Gail-Hi there Gail, I watched Dr Phil too on Oprah. It was really motivating for me to watch. He makes alot of sense doesn't he? Yes I think there is a fibercap that stops at 4, cause we got the new sliding thingie to figure out from the back of cans, boxes and packages how many points you have from the calories, total fat and fiber. Glad you are doing well on your program.

Sherry-Hi ya Sherry! You ain't no PIG, if you are than I am too. LOL But it doesn't matter if we are or not, we are both gonna dust ourselves off and start over again.

Let's all do that, hey anyone who did get into things they regret join Sherry, Jello, angel-eyes,Kelster, and myself in starting all over again. No matter what you ate, just go on from there, and don't even think about it. Tomorrow is another day and let's just start fresh.

I forgot to tell you that when Chrissy called me tonight she said that we have yet another Prosecuting Attorney. This makes the 4th one, the 3rd one that Chrissy mentioned in her post is gonna be out of town next week. So guys he has just 4 days to prepare for this case. Gee I hope he is a quick study cause we want a good man on this case. I just can't believe this, I liked that 1st guy, Mike and REALLY liked the 2nd guy Tom, he was my favorite and I could always call him when I had any questions at all. Now in one week we had another Michael or Mike and now we have a guy named Ken. Oh well like I told Chrissy I like guys named Ken, hey I married one so maybe this is a good omen after all. We gotta make the best of this and give him a chance and stand behind him.

Take are guys and talk to you later.

Love ya Sassy Sharon

Old 02-09-2001, 07:07 PM   #5  
Long Lost Chickie

TGIF!!! Boss leaves for business trip to India at 4:00 today so I only have to listen to him rant and rave for a few hours today. Whew!

OK, so what genius invented Girl Scout cookies anyway??? Who has the heart to turn down the cute little girl all dressed up in her uniform? Unfortunately, not me. And, OK, I admit. It's not that I can't turn down the cute little girl. It's that I can't turn down the chocolate and carmel and sugar, etc. Yeah, it's a good cause but at what expense!?

Did OK last night actually but it's too late to try to undo all the damage I've done this week. Tomorrow's weigh-in won't be good and I just hate that. It's embarrassing even though the weighers and everyone there understands how it is. And it tends to get me down for the rest of the day. And what do I do when I'm down? Why I eat of course. I'm with you Carolyn! Any emotion at all!

CJ, I thought I emailed you my start date for the update page. Sorry. It's 6/19/00. Exactly 15 months until I turn the Big 4-0. I'm looking forward to turning 40. Is that too weird or what?

Carolyn, what a great idea! I'll just imagine that someone licked all my food and then I won't want to eat it! LOL! Actually, I would have to kill anyone who hit my car. The car I had before my last one I bought used but it was new to me. I had it for 8 days when this @#!*# clobbered me while I was sitting at a red light. Just sitting there innocently!!! I remember standing in the rain crying over my crumpled new car. He almost died that day!

BTW you guys! You're not helping talking about spaghetti and pizza!! LOL!! Seriously, Sharon's right. We can eat those things. We're allowed to eat whatever we want. We just have to watch how much and when, etc. Right?

And always remember one of my favorite expressions I learned from WW: If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

On that note, I have to go. Have a great day everyone.

Much love, Jo.
Old 02-09-2001, 08:37 PM   #6  

Good Morning everyone,
Is this February here in Illinois or what? Temps of 55 degrees? That's a bit weird. But when I woke up this a.m almost all the snow is gone. Had bad rain storms on the night so it washed it away .
Am getting ready to go to the gym and hopefully get on a treadmill before my class. This one is called toning with toys and I really like it. Stretches some of those muscles I think I haven't used lately.

C.J....Congrats on your 2 pound loss. Good job!!!! I also like cinnamon-Hazelnut creamer too. But can't seem to find it in low fat. Only French Vanilla.

Kelster...Interesting article on water. But I have to admit (and most oldies here know) I hardly ever drank or do drink water and I seemed to do fine in my weight loss. Maybe getting it from tea and Crystal light helped. But I am not a plain water drinker at all. Gla dyou are Loving your weight loss thing now. You sound very motivated.

Jo...Hope those craving go away and stay away. But we all have them from time to time.

Zoe....Good job om your pounds gone. I think going to the gym will help too and especially as you have a friend to go with to help motivate each other. Don't worry, after you have used some of thoe unused muscles you haven't used in a while, they won'y ache as much. You are doing so well on your weight loss too. 29.4 gone and 16.4 of them in the last 5 weeks. Great!!!!!!

MaryKay......Love your Valentines idea to your hubby. Did you decide to go to W.W?

Jinny....Congrats on metting the 10# wweight loss. And on BOLDING too.

Gail...How did the valentine making go with Cambree? Bet they turned out cute.Gail. are you also a real craft type person? Just wonderingas usually people that cook well are also good at crafts.

Sherry...We all have PIG out days. Not to worry.

Angel eyes......It;'s always a good feeling to be able to get into our smaller clothes. Great job.

Sharon...What is this fibre thing Gail is talking about? I may just have to sneak into a w.w. meeting and see. I still have to call and see if I can still attend as I became a lifetimer and have stayed under goal. But haven't been to weigh in officially for a long time. Good luck to you on the 12th. You will be in my prayers.

C.H......What a cute thing about Josh and the Fruit Loops. Kids do say the darnest things don't they?

Chrissy.....Maybe this new guy will be the right one The article in the paper sounded very encouraging. Hang in there friend. It weill all be over soon I hope.You have given every ounce you could and that's all you can do. {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Love to all.......Sandi
Old 02-09-2001, 09:56 PM   #7  
CJ

Oh my gosh you guys - I'm sitting here laughing so hard I just have to share this moment with you. Most of you know how much I just love (NOT) Miss Perfect (Martha Steward) right? She always acts so perfect and has to have everything go just so so .. well, she had Bill Cosby on today - they were making cookie heart treats! I thoroughly enjoyed this - he was acting so nutty and funny and you could just tell by the way Martha acted that she was getting perturbed by his antics cuz her recipe was not being done "perfectly". Anyway, they were making these heart choc ice cream cookies - he wasn't putting the ice cream on the cookies correctly, but the part that was really funny to me was at the very end, she has him put a little bit of hot fudge on the plate, fancy like - then the cookie sandwich, then the whip cream .... and she hands it to him and says a perfect dessert for Bill Cosby. Then she hands him a plate and asks him to fix one for her ... so he puts a wee little bit of hot fudge on the place and she says, "oh put a little more, I love hot fudge" - so he takes the pitcher and just pours all this hot fudge on the plate! Martha says "oh, no, not that much! " but, the look of exhasperation on her face - it just cracked me up! I guess it was one of those things where you would just have to see it! Too funny!

Zoe:
Yes, I am still "dancing" -lol. Hey, that would count as excercise, don't you think? haha . It was very hard to not have any liquids or anything before my meeting since I am up at 5 am with hubby when he goes to work and my meeting is at 9:30. But, I made it and it was worth it.

Carolyn:
I'm glad you threw those yucky ole chips away! Good for you! They probably had "bugs" in them anyways! hahahaha. Now, remember, you never know who that little fly on the wall is - it could be me watching you so I would be really careful if I were you! I loved the story about the froot loop necklace - how sweet!

Sharon:
Thank you for the BRATS!!! But, I was trying to be good ... I went out for dinner knowing the psts were at 27 ... I somehow knew you would be around to start the new one ... but when came home and saw 29 posts just sitting there .. I could not resist! So, I gave you your chance ... hahhahaha I bet you will miss all that band stuff after the the initial happiness of no more wears off! But, on the other hand, I am sure you will find something fun to do to fill up your weekends.

Jo:
Yes, I have your start date ... I just for some reason did not have it handy when I put in the updates. I will take care of that today tho. I didn't order any girl scout cookies this year - I did not trust myself at the time to have them around ... I still have a box of chocolate truffles that someone gave me at xmas ... have not had any yet! Looked at them yesterday - then closed the lid and put them away. Dick does not eat that stuff ... so next time the grandkids come over if I remember, I will let them have some. OR, maybe after I do well with WW I will treat myself to one - or two? But they are out of site, so therefore to me - out of mind. I'm thankful I am not a chocoholic!

Sandy:
Yes, it is suppose to be really nice here today too ... had freezing rain the last 2 days ... then it is suppose to get cold again over the weekend.

Well, got to go get something done around here ... guess I will go downstairs and do some laundry ... yea, that sounds like fun! NOT!

Later....
Love, CJ

------------------
Old 02-09-2001, 10:35 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone! So glad it is Friday. this hasn't been a great week for me foodwise. Trying to adjust to a new plan has really thrown me. I am uncomfortable and my weight is up. Looks like it may not be right for me. I am constantly hungry and getting obsessed with food. Probably have to go back to Locarb - I guess we have to do what works for us.

I haven't time to address everyone this morning. Got my little Munchkin coming to spend the afternoon with me. We are making Valentines today and Fruit Loop necklaces. Hahah Carolyn, loved your story. Have fun with your Munchkin next week.

Congrats CJ on your weight loss. It had to happen sooner or later - you are doing great. Thanks for the email too.

Sharon - great that you are finished with all the Band activities at last. Enjoy having the extra time with Ken - you will find lots of things to do, I'm sure.

Sandi, great to hear from you and glad you are doing well.

Chrissy, thinking of you. Hang in there - like Sandi says, it will all be over soon.

Jo, guess what? It snowed yesterday. LOL We haven't had any snow since way before Christmas, but we got some yesterday. It is supposed to be gone today though. All the perky little buds are going to be frozen. See what happens when I gloat over our west coast weather.

I really do have to run. Everyone have a great weekend. Hope you are all doing better than I am with the food thing. It is not easy sometimes, is it? Love, G

------------------
~~~One Day at a Time~~~
Old 02-10-2001, 12:04 AM   #9  

Hello Ladies!

It's about 74 degrees outside and I'm sitting home with Drew.His School called my School this morning and said he was sick.I left School ,went & got him...came home...he slept for about 30 minutes...woke up & said his tummy don't hurt anymore! UGH!! Oh well...I'm gonna take advantage of this & stay home too! I need a day off!!

Carolyn~~~~ I loved the footloops story too! You never know what kids will say!! LOL! My School is K-4 and they are so cute & funny! I have a cute story to share too! One day last week after School,we bring our "left over" car riders back in the School lobby to wait for their rides.One of the teachers asked a little boy sitting there in the chair what his name was.After he told her that his name was Styles, she asked him what grade he was in. His reply was..." Oh,I'm not in a grade! I'm in Kindergarten!" It was so cute & funny!! LOL...Out of the mouths of babes!!

Jo~~~~ I LOVE those girl Scout cookies too!!! I always buy the Tagalongs! You know the ones with choc. & peanut butter!!?? Hmmmmmmmm!! BUT this year ......WE WILL BE GOOD RIGHT?????!!!!

CJ~~~~ I loved the Martha Steward story! I bet she was about to bust her bubble!! LOL!! Too funny!! I'm such a neat freak that hubby has called me Martha a couple of times! I told him that if he stopped,I would do better about the house not looking so perfect all the time!! LOL! CONGRATS on the weight loss!!!!! I'm soooo proud of you girl!! Hopefuuly in the next month you'll be hearing me scream with excitement too!! I'm not going to let that "ONE" day get me down! Oh heck NO!!

Kelster~~~~ You seem to be doing so good! Thats ok if you had spaghetti! Its the 2nds thats bad!Right? Congrats on exercising too! Way to go!! Keep it up!!!

Angel-Eyes~~~~ Don't you hate it when you try so hard to eat the right way & those scales just won't move? But they will! Give it time..I bet my next week it will show a loss! Hang in there & don't give up! OK?

Chrissy~~~~I'll be thinking of you on Monday.I know that everything will go fine.Have faith & remember we're all here for you.I know that you need to put this behind you and move on.Good Luck sweetie & let us know how it went.{{{{{ chrissy }}}}

Regency~~~~ How is the doggy? Was he sick or just needed some extra attention? I don't know if you buy "Woman's World" magazine but this week,it has an article about what your cat or dogs bark or meow means.It's real interesting and thought maybe animal lovers would like to read it!!

Sharon~~~~ Hi Babe! How are you? Are you sick of looking at numbers yet??? I bet those taxes are driving you crazy now huh? We haven't even filed yet.Not getting back much so really not in a rush! I know you must be sad about no more band. After all these years,it must be sad.My son,Drew is in his first year in band.I make him go up in the woods behind our house to practice his trumphet!! LOL! I don't know if he'll stick to it or not.I always encourge my kids to do the best they can BUT honestly he has no music talent! I wouldn't DARE tell him that but I can't stand to hear him play it! Aren't I a bad Mom? LOL! As always...love to read your posts...you always make me laugh!!

Sandy~~~~
Where do you live? Don't you just love these "spring time" days? But if your weather is like ours...(TN) "Watch-Out..it will nbe snowing next week!" Enjoy your weather,and do take a walk!!

Gail~~~~ How did Cambrees' Valentines turn out? Your such a sweet person! I bet every child wishes that they had a grandma like you!!! She's a very lucky little girl! On this Valentine's Day, it will be mine & hubbys 14th Wedding Ann.!! Thought that was pretty neat..14 years on the 14th! Don't know for sure yet what we'll do but will let you know!

Better go now..If I didn't address you,I'm sorry.I don't even know for sure if its gonna take this long one!! I'll hit "summit and say a prayer!" Talk to ya'll soon!

Love
Sherry (Sher-Bear)

[This message has been edited by Sherry (edited 02-09-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sherry (edited 02-09-2001).]
Old 02-10-2001, 03:09 AM   #10  
On the Move Chickaroo!!!

Hello Ladies......blew it today..... .....the Service Manager where I work took me and another person out to lunch......I had way too much wine......did well at lunch......ceasar salad......chicken and veggies.....no dessert.....but the wine.....it was a very posh restaurant.....oh but my head now.....had to leave work early.....I could not even concentrate.......Yikes.....

Thanks to all on the encouragement.....but you see on my meal plan......pasta is a no no........oh well........a slip every now and agian is not soooooo bad......but I tend to beat myself up over it......it is sooooooo much easier to give advice then to take it....
CH.......I didn't see the coke thing but have heard a thing or two about it......such as the fact it can clean up an oil stain on the floor in your garage......I can only imgine what it does to your stomache.......and I love diet Pepsi...I guess that would be tough to drink all of that water and spend half your time in the bathroom......luckily for me at work i am not too far from the washroom..... .......

Well ladies going to lay down this wine is getting to me.......I really don't drink......why today I don't know.......ahhhhhh well.........

Take Care and much success...

K

------------------
From this MOMENT on is what counts!!!!
Old 02-10-2001, 08:46 AM   #11  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Good Evening Ladies ~ Ahhhhhh, Friday, Friday, Friday!!!!!! Yippee!!!! I had pizza tonight....bad Zoe!! I'll have to work extra hard tomorrow morning at the gym. At least now that I'm exercising, my little "cheats" won't hurt as much.

Carolyn ~ Ok, so I did bad with the chocolate but I'm that way with TOM so I'm using that excuse. But now that that's just about past, what's my excuse now??? :confused:

Sharon~ I don't know why but I have no pains today after my workout. Yes, I was told that I shouldn't do weights 2 days in a row. I was also shown some stretching exercises for after each type of weights, to stretch out the muscles for less aches later.

Jo ~ I have a weakness for those stupid GS cookies too but for some reason (it must have been God looking out for me) I missed them this year.

Sandi ~ It's been in the low 70's here for days and now, tonight, it's 35!!!! Tomorrow it's supposed to be a high of 45!! What is goin' on here??? :confused:

CJ ~ My husband 'loves' Martha the same way you do. Ha! And I would say that when you do your "happy dance", that is exercise.

Gail ~ I usually don't do well with losing weight when my carbs are high either. And I love pasta!!!!!!!! Hope you had fun with your little "munchkin"...you didn't eat the necklaces did ya??

Sherry ~ I know I don't have to tell you and I know you did but......I hope you had a great day off, now that Drew wasn't sick anymore.

Hello to anyone I missed....have a great Friday evening....

------------------
Zoe ~ soaking up the "SON" in Texas
Old 02-10-2001, 03:09 PM   #12  

Hello Ladies,

It's 3:45 in the morning and I just cannot sleep. I did go to bed kind of early, at 10:00, but I was tired. Woke up at 2 this morning and just can't go back to sleep. Have so much on my mind. I posted this long post last night, and wouldn't you know it, I lost it all. Talk about frustrating!

Went to meet the new prosecuting attorney yesterday. All I can say that he is very young. I feel like I can be his mother. But, I have no choice in the matter, so therefore, I have to have some kind of faith in the man. He seems very determined and all, so we will see what happens. Everyone keeps telling me to be positive, but it's so hard to do so. This has been one **** of a ride. Long and bumpy! The prosecutor seems pretty confident that the trial will be a go this Monday. I sure hope so for all of us. I have never in all my life been so frustrated about something before. Thank God for all my friends that listen to me. You guys sure must be sick and tired by now listening to me for the last 14 months. God, that is all I seem to talk about is this. It has consumed my whole life. I just feel like I haven't buried my husband yet. I might of buried his body physically, but not mentally. I feel like I cannot truly enjoy myself yet or even try to start something new until we all have some closure. It might never be a final closure, I don't know, but at least it's a start. Thank you ladies for being patient with me and listening to me. I love you all. (((((ROOM HUG))))))!

JO - I went to the Detroit News web site and was reading the letters that people sent in for various articles written in the newspaper. I noticed, what I think is you?? Joanne, from PA. Thanks Jo! Thank you so much for responsing to the article about our court case! It meant so much to me! (((JO)))

For those of you that I didn't send the article to, it was an article written about how long this court proceedings are going. I don't have everyone's e-mail address, so I couldn't send it to everyone. For those of you who would like to read it, go to www.DetroitNews.com. Click on Other Columnists and you will see Pete Waldmeir. See his article about Victim's family seeks closure as justice system drags its heels - 02/09/01. If that doesn't work try looking for a back issue. It was in the 02/09/01 paper. Look for Pete Waldmeir.

I want to thank all of you for being so supportive to Sharon and I. It means alot!

Now I really think that I am getting tired! Maybe I can go to sleep now for awhile. Thank God the gym isn't open now, I would probably be there working out!

Take care.

Love, Chrissy
Old 02-10-2001, 10:09 PM   #13  
CJ

Good morning everyone! Just wanted to share something for all you girlscout cookie lovers that just cannot resist those cookies - maybe this will help you refrain ...

Aloha Chips
(A vanilla based cookie loaded with white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts)
Serving Size: 3 cookies
Points Per Serving: 4 pts
Fiber: 1
Calories: 170
Fat Grams: 10

Animal Treasures
(Mouth-watering shortbread cookies dipped in rich fudge and embossed with endangered animals)
serving size: 2 cookies
Points per serving: 5 points
fiber:0
Calories:190
Fat Grams:9

Apple Cinnamon (Reduced Fat)
(A natural, reduced fat apple and cinnamon cookie, shaped like an apple. sprinkled with cinnamon sugar)
Points Per Serving: 3 pts
Calories: 120
Fat Grams: 5

Do-Si-Dos also known as a Peanut Butter Sandwich
(Crisp 'n crunchy oatmeal cookies with creamy peanut butter filling)
Calories: 180
Fat Grams: 8

Lemon Drops
(A luscious lemon cookie, tender and crisp, with creamy lemon chips)
Fiber: 0
Calories: 160

Lemon pastry cremes (reduced fat)
(The same great combination of tangy lemon creme and lightly glazed pastry cookies-now reduced fat!)
serving size: 3 cookies
Points per serving: 3 points
fiber:0
Calories:130
Fat grams: 4.5

Samoas also known as Carmel delites
(Vanilla cookies drenched in caramel, sprinkled with toasted coconut and laced with dark cocoa stripes)
Serving size: 2 cookies
Points per serving: 3 points
fiber:1
Calories:140
Fat grams:7

Tagalongs also know as Peanut Butter Patties
(Tasty cookies topped with creamy peanut butter and covered with a luscious chocolate coating)
Serving Size: 2 cookies
Points Per Serving: 3.5 pts
Fiber:1
Calories: 150

Thin Mints
(Thin chocolate wafers dipped in a rich chocolaty coating with a burst of pure peppermint oil)
Serving Size: 4 cookies
Calories: 160
Fat Grams: 9

Trefoils also known as Shortbread
(Tender, delicate tasting shortbread made with butter and eggs. Guaranteed to melt in your mouth)
Serving Size: 4 cookies
Points Per Serving: 3 pts
Fiber: .1
Calories: 130
Fat Grams: 6

Upside down frosted oatmeal
(Luscious oatmeal treats with sweet sugar frosting on the bottom)
serving size 3 cookies
Points per serving 4 points
fiber:1
Calories:170
Fat grams:7

Can't chat right now ... catch ya later. Hope you are all having a great weekend so far.

Love, CJ

------------------
Old 02-10-2001, 11:57 PM   #14  
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi guys,
My sister in law Chrissy sent this to me this to me. Since I am in Indiana. But this is from Pete Waldmeir who is a wonderful reporter for The Detroit News, I remember when I lived there how much I respected and admired him. But Chissy and him had been emailing him and he wrote this article and I wanted to share it with the rest of you. I know Chrissy emailed some of you who she had addresses for but I wanted everyone of my wonderful Thinster friends (and this includes all the new ones as well) to read it. You guys have been there from the day it happened and have been a wealth of strengh and support for both Chrissy and myself.
Here you go, it is wonderful written I feel.

Victim's family seeks closure as justice system drags its heels

By Pete Waldmeir / The Detroit News

The wheels of justice, they say, move slowly but grind exceedingly fine.
Christine Scandirito says she knows all about the slowly part. But she's not so certain that they need to grind so fine where the prosecution of her late husband Richard's alleged murderer is concerned.
"The court says they're going to try again to get this trial moving again on Monday," said Scandirito, 45, a part-time nurse and mother of two teen-aged daughters. "But who knows? It's been so terribly frustrating.
"They keep setting dates and getting us all worked up emotionally, then they stall or cancel. First one judge backed off, then another threw out the confession, and we had to wait while that was appealed.
"There have been at least six delays and four different prosecutors assigned in the last 14 months. The newest assistant prosecutor, Kenneth King, just got the case on Wednesday. That gives him only three days for preparation," Scandirito continued. "What kind of justice is this, anyway?"
Richard Alan Scandirito, 42, a Detroit Newspapers circulation supervisor, was brutally slain on Oct. 6, 1999, during a robbery while he was on his way to work at a Hamtramck distribution center.
An autopsy revealed that the murder weapon was his own Thermos bottle, which his killer used to shatter Scandirito's skull in several places. The victim's hands and arms also bore multiple stab wounds and other lacerations, inflicted when he tried to defend himself.
Scandirito's blood-soaked van was found a mile from his workplace. His body had been dumped in a darkened parking lot.
The prime suspect, a parole violator named Robert Person, turned himself in shortly after the murder. Person at first confessed to the killing to Detroit Police Homicide detectives, but later recanted.
Wayne County Circuit Judge Bruce Morrow, who is to begin the trial on Monday, at first kicked out that confession. But his decision was overturned by the Michigan Court of Appeals.
The charge against Person, first-degree felony murder, carries a sentence of life without parole if he is convicted. Is the Wayne County Prosecutor's Office ready this time?
"We are set and we are prepared to win," said King, 31, a three-year veteran of the prosecutor's homicide section. "It's not like this is all news to me. I'm sufficiently familiar with the case.
"I know the victim's wife and his family are upset, but delays like these sometimes are unavoidable. This guy deserves to go away for a long time, and he will," King added.
"I was a clerk in the homicide section back when this office handled the Malice Green murder and I saw the pictures of what happened to Green. This crime was even more gory than that. It was flat-out felony murder."
Scandirito's widow, Christine, says she wishes she could share King's confidence.
"My husband's father, Jasper, is 84 years old," she said. "His brothers, Jerry and Skip, and his sister Sharon and our daughters, Emily and Ellen, all want it to be over so that Rick can rest in peace."

Read Pete Waldmeir's column on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and Friday in The Detroit News. Send e-mail to [email protected].

I am going to be leaving tomorrow morning for Michigan and will be happy to see Chrissy and my Dad and 2 other brothers again. It will be hard what I will hear in court but it is necessary to go through this process for closure for all of us.

Thanks for reading and listening.

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!

Love ya Sharon

[This message has been edited by Sassy (edited 02-10-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Sassy (edited 02-10-2001).]
Old 02-11-2001, 12:04 AM   #15  
CH

Chrissy I hate that you can't sleep but I understand why. Your life has been torn up for so long. When you marry and your marriage is good, (which obviously your's was) you become one. So when there is a lost it's like that one is ripped apart, so you are only half. No wonder you can't thing about anything else. You have had a major loss and all the feelings you have now are completely normal. Hurtful but normal. You need all your friends, you need all of us trying to help you. Don't ever feel bad about the way you feel now. Just try to get through this horrible time and know that we are behind you. Time will help cure. I pray that you have some closure this week. Now I will quit preaching but please don't ever feel bad about talking about your loss. We love you, take care and keep us informed. Carolyn
Closed Thread