3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2002, 11:47 AM   #46
I will make it!

Angry hello everyone

Just a quick note...went walking yesterday...for about an hour...the pace was moderate...it felt nice...to get some fresh air...after that....greek food for dinner...but did very well and stayed at my 1500 cals per day....So this binging thing is under control for the time being. I plan to do my usual biking tonight...So girls have a good rest of weekend and stay on track...cause 3 months from now, our bodies, mind and spirit witll thank us

Cyan
Old 11-10-2002, 02:26 PM   #47
Ex-Junkfood Junkie

Hello to everyone, this will be short but I will come in and post later this evening. Sounds like everyone has done great this weekend. Keep up the good work with meals and exercise.

I've entered into a new phase of exercising, still using the bike but have added some jumping around! Mainly using some weights and working on the waistline. Also trying to build more muscle to help burn more fat.
I did good on my goal of reducing my sugar intake and also managed to ride the bike for 45 minutes over the weekend. Sounds like all of us are on the right track. Together we will accomplish our goals. Does anyone have any suggestions for a challenge for tomorrow night?
Well I need to go, time to finish up cooking Sunday dinner. Yum, food time!
Talk with everyone later. Stay Confident.
Keep up with the exercising and water consumption.
Old 11-10-2002, 03:24 PM   #48

Hi all New day today and so far so good! Got off here last nite and did my air walker for 5 min ( dont laugh, I could barely make it lol ) Then got up this morning and did 5 more minutes, ate my breakfast which consisted of 1 cup of RaisinBran with 1/2 cup milk, then got back on the air walker for 5 more minutes. Just finished lunch, a tuna sandwich with a small salad. Weighed this morning and not going to look at the scales again for 2 weeks if I can possibly hold out that long! Wanted to take my measurements and looked everywhere and cant find my measuring tape. Going to borrow one later on so I can keep up with them also. Drinking my water as usual, feel like I'm floating lol.
Precious and Lady, thanks for the examples of the meals you're eating. I too think it's easier for me just to cut down rather than cut OUT certain things totally. I know me...if I deprive myself totally of things I really want, before I know it, I"ll eat it anyway but even more than I'd normally eat.
Cyan, I had to laugh about the OhHenry's. Not laughing AT you, just WITH you. It was like reading about myself.
My son is standing here "patiently" ( yeah right lol) waiting for a turn on the computer so I guess I"ll go for now. Who knows..I might even try to work in 5 more minutes of "Air Walking". Hopefully I'll get back on here sometime tonite tho to see how everyone is doing.
Ya'll have a great day!!!
Old 11-10-2002, 09:32 PM   #49
I will make it!

Angry hey girls

Tonight my cal consumption was a tad high at 1900 cals...had a spaghetti dinner, with caesar salad and garlic bread over at a friends house...but what can I do....so I walked home in the rain which took about 20 minutes....then I bike for 30 minutes to burn off more cals....So I think I took care of the food...the great thing though is that I have not binged since thursday evening so I am very very very happy

Hey Mikki...I guess you know what I am talking about...the OhHenrys....its tough when you are on the verge of losing it and eating everything in site....so be tough...I get a little help from garcinia cambodgia which I have started since friday night...with success.

Well health nut buddies, I look forward to hearing how your weekends went.

Hey Annie...challenge for tomorrow...add some weight lifting to your regime....let me know what you think.

Stay tough and make wise choices

Cyan
Old 11-10-2002, 11:01 PM   #50

Smile

Had a great day today!! Exercised for a total of 15 minutes on my "Air Walker" which is ALOT for me. Didnt overeat at all but had 3 small meals which I think may work out better than the way I have been eating previously. Bought some healthier stuff today too so I have alternatives if I do break down and snack occasionally. Didnt drink my whole gallon of water but did drink 84.5 ounces. The water really helps with the "full" feeling. Oh, almost forgot....I also weighed and took all my measurements. Not going to ck any of it again for 2 weeks if I can stand it. I'll fill you in on how I did 2 weeks from now, good or bad. I figure I may as well be honest here. I think being accountable to all of you will help me.
Old 11-10-2002, 11:51 PM   #51

Cyan...I think it was you that told me about Fitday.com. Just joined there tonite and logged everything I ate today. I had a total of 1175 calories. The calorie breakdown was like this:
27% from Fats, 38% from Carbs, and 35% from Proteins. Of the 34 grams of Fat I had today, 14 of them were saturated, 3 poly, and 9 mono. I know the calorie total is well under being too many but as far as the breakdown, how is it? Where should most of my calories come from? And isnt saturated fats the ones that are bad? How many is too many of those? I'm not up on all the health details. Was hoping you could ck out how I did and let me know if I should change anything. Thanks for any info you can give me!
Old 11-11-2002, 12:01 PM   #52

Default Happy Monday All!

Just need to vent this morning
(Hope you don't mind?)

I just have to say how good it is to belong to this group. I had a horrible weekend, and I read all the posts from this weekend, and it just gives me more incentive to keep this battle alive

Stress was a hugh factor in this weekends loss of direction!

But I keep telling myself that ONLY I can change my life, and what I do about it is totally up to me.

To rid myself of the stress, I plan on working my butt off, (literally)
Working out breaks down all that stress and I will come conquer and lose a pound or two this week.......

Ladies, The time has come!
No more emotional eating, (I hope)
No more excuses. I am FAT, and I know it, and it is up to me to change this..
I am going to prove to myself that I CAN do this, no matter what it takes.....
I thank each and everyone of you for allowing me to read and feel what you are all going through, because it no only pushes me, It finally made me realize that I am not the only one out there.
I did my morning exercise at 5:45 this morning, and I walked 16 blocks to work from my son's school. OH, I AM SOOOOOO READY to get this ball rolling!!

I challenge myself to a Negative Free Week... I won't let anyone get me down!!!
I think I will be easy on myself this week. I think I deserve that much....

Hope you all have a good week, and once again, I am sorry for dumping all this on everyone... I just needed to get it out...

Old 11-11-2002, 01:12 PM   #53
I will make it!

Angry Good Morning all

Hi Mikki ...to answer your question about breakdown of cals

I got this from http://www.foodfunandfacts.com/calories.htm

Calories, Fat Grams, Protein and Carbohydrates
Your calories per day should be divided up:
30% Fat
55% Carbohydrates
15% Protein
Breakdown of the 30% Fat in the diet should be as follows:
10% Saturated Fat
10% Monounsaturated Fat
10% Polyunsaturated Fat
Read your food labels to see what you are eating!

How many calories should you consume a day? How many grams of fat should you intake? Here is a little helpful information.
If you consume 1600 calories, you should have no more than 50 grams of fat per day. This calorie and fat ratio is good for sedentary women, children and many older adults.

This ratio would apply if you are following a balanced diet and not one of those low carb diets...personally I think this works...if you lower you fat intake ...too low, your body goes into ketosis. Good fats to eat come from olive oil, fish...omega 3 fatty acids, flax seed oil...omega 6 fatty acids...these fats help your heart stay healthy and help raise your hdl and lower your ldl.

Also, you dont want to go to low on the cals because if your body thinks its in starvation mode, the next time you eat regularly, your body will store it all as fat in anticipation for the next "starvation" Also, it slows down your metabolism and your body starts breaking down your muscle...so make sure you stay around 1500 cals and keep exercising...also add some form of weight lifting to your regime....this will increase your metabolism which in turn will help your body burn fat ...you will loose fat instead of water or muscle. Thats why I say in the beginning, measuring yourself is a better way than the scale cause muscle weighs 4 times more than fat...so in the beginning of a diet and exercise program...you can actually gain weight on the scale.

So I hope this helps

Cyan
Old 11-11-2002, 05:56 PM   #54

Hi everyone,

Read all of your weekend posts and am glad to be back! I had a very busy weekend but a good one. Now I am back to the work thing and it is depressing me a little because I think I have the doldrums at work and am not feeling as challenged as I like. So I guess the diet and exercise focus helps me to stay positive!

I had a good eating weekend but a bad drinking one. I am not a heavy drinker but I do enjoy a glass of wine with dinner now and again on weekends. My friends all led me to specialty restaraunts this weekend that specialized in micro brew. When I got home and calculated how much one of those pints knocks you back I was discouraged. I had a total of 2 1/2 pints on the weekend (Friday, Saturday, Sunday). I exercised for over 1hr of intense "Body Blast" activity on Friday so I think that took care of a pint but I am sure that Saturday's stuck with me because I was pretty inactive the rest of the weekend (recovering legs..so stiff I could barely move them!).

So I guess you can say that I am a bit blue today for all of the damage I did and on top of that, started my period am retaining a load of water and back into my chubby pants!

Anyone up for helping me out??? I have been doing so well before today but I need a pep talk!
Old 11-11-2002, 07:49 PM   #55
I will make it!

Smile Hi Cjunk

Not to worry....one weekend of debauchery is not gonna derail you. And, when your about to get your period....our bodies hold on to tons of water and you can way as much as 5 to 8 pounds heavier...so dont despair...Please dont use this as an excuse to go off on the deep end and completely fall off the wagon. So now is a good time to get on that bike and cycle or go for that swim you so love. Continue to drink some water and rest assured that there will be days like this...the challenge is to persevere and keep plugging away at it...be strong.

Well I'm off to do my cycling...tonight I am fantasizing about this new guy I met

See you girls

Cyan
Old 11-11-2002, 08:01 PM   #56

Hi all,
Looks like some of us myself included had a bad weekend. Not to be discouraged we're still going to make it. Remember one day at a time! Work last night was awful too stressed to go get anything healthy to eat so I ordered cheese sticks with extra cheese and hot wings. Guess what? I ate every last bit! Spent the night with mom last night and she cooked a big breakfast. I didn't want to be rude so I ate. Now hubby is cooking croquets. Oh well tomorrow is a new day.
Take care.

"ASAP~Always say a prayer" Unknown

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" Unknown
Old 11-11-2002, 08:54 PM   #57
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Hi There,
Well, I'm pretty much in a blue funk today too. I didn't do badly over the weekend, but stress is giving me major cravings. I have been able to resist, but then have a major pity party because I can't have the chocolate I really want. Dumb, huh?
reina_mia - keep that ball rollin'! I like your self challenge of a Negative Free Week. I think those persistant negative thoughts are bringing me down too, so I join you in your challenge. Anybody else up for it??
On the up side, I weighed in today and lost one pound and one inch. That brings me to a total of 14lbs and 12 inches. I was hoping for a 2lb loss, but this sure beats a gain! I didn't feel like jogging today, but my husband reminded me that it will be the first scheduled day I missed since I started in September, and how much better I'd feel if I exercise. His pep talk did it, and I ran 2 miles - and did feel much better!
Talk to ya all tomorrow,

Think Thin and Healthy

Lady
Old 11-11-2002, 11:17 PM   #58

Wink Feeling better now.

Well all, after my venting episode, and reading everyone elses day, I guess we are all in a bit of a funk. It too shall pass...

LadyRider, Congrats Yiou are doing good. Good for your husband to keep you motivated...

Well, I went all day without any negativity, and now I am exhausted. I will check in with everyone tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot, I doubt I will be eating any junk tomorrow. I am getting a root canal in the morning. Any suggestions for food???

Talk to you later

Old 11-12-2002, 08:08 AM   #59

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the pep talks. Its me back again. I ended up buying a yoga relaxation tape last night and doing it for about an hour. That seemed to really help. I also went to the store and bought some new veggies for lunch as I was getting low.

I had a great sleep but woke up even more bloated than yesterday (for some reason I am more boated than ever!!). I am not going to let it get me down, so this morning I used some aromatherapy (thanks guys!) and that helped settle my funk for now.

I like the challenge of the non-negativity, so I will take up the challenge and not focus negatively on my bloating today!

I will drink lots of water and go to the pool! If I am going to feel like I am floating inside, I may as well float in the pool too!!!

Cyan, this fantasy guy is he a new person you have met recently? Sounds intriguing!

LadyRider, great work on the exercise--it was nice to have your husband help to motivate you too!

Well everyone, today is another day of getting back on track and staying positive. A challenge indeed!! I am up for it. Reporting back tonight....

Cjunk
Old 11-12-2002, 10:47 AM   #60
I will make it!

Angry Morning girls

Well last night I was talking with my new guy friend...he's far away, so we have never met in person...but he's none the less very fun to talk with...anyway, he said I looked like Kathy Njimy...I was horrified...I was so upset that after hanging up with him, I cycled for 50 minutes, and burned over 500 cals for a distance of 15 km....Yeesh! So his comments are like water off a duck's back!
Although he thought he was complimenting me.

Oh well....next! please...movin on.

Cjunk...you are amazing for not giving up even though you felt super bloated...it seems like you are making a life change and not just a temporary diet thing...thats the way to go...keep plugging away at it

Reina-mia....you cant stay in this funk for too long...snap out of it...remember all of your accomplishments and your hard work...make yourself and health a priority...dont give up...I know cravings are hard...I know that...but you must persevere...the cravings will pass...you'll see and keep exercising. Kudos on the positive thinking and I give you good energy and courage for your root canal.

Hey LadyRider...the same goes for you...be strong...keep exercising and eating good healthy meals and thank your hubby for encouraging you to go run...2 miles....you inspire me. I'm sure its amazing having such a supportive husband...give him a hug and tell him thank you for helping you stay on track.

PreciousOne The same goes for you....I know its tough when you are tired...you dont want to cook..and its easier to eat junk...but its harder lugging around a heavy sick body...trust me on this one...its harder existing when simple things like climbing stairs are hard cause your too over weight and out of shape...you must think long term...your body is the only body you have...your family wants you around healthy...so the next time, you feel tired and want some comfort food...take comfort in the fact that keeping yourself healthy and in shape is ensuring that you will have a long healthy life.

Ok I am off my soapbox This thread is here to encourage you to exercise, to eat better, and in the long run to become healthier people. We deserve this...There will be good days and bad ones...Just make sure you celebrate the good ones and quickly move forward away from the bad ones.

Hey Annie where are you...keep positive and Mikki looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Bye for now
Cyan
Closed Thread