Closed Thread

Old 12-30-2002, 04:56 PM   #391  

Hi everyone,

I can not wait until the holidays are over! The house is a mess and the kids and husband are home. I am stress eating big time!
January 1st I am motivated and determined to start.

I was thinking that it would be great if we could all post our weekly results maybe on Fridays? Maybe a short list of weight, what triggered any binge eating, how we were able to stay on track, any new rec ipes or websites we found... any more thoughts?

I would love to set up a chat time, but I may need help with the software since I am "computer challeged" Once our basement is finished we are setting up a computer area and hiring a computer expert to set up everything (my camera, new software, ect) Right now I just use my laptop.

Cyan, maybe instead of a kick you just need a hug. I am sure it was an emotional holiday home with your mom and sometimes we eat because of our emotions-- at least that is what I do. I hope all is well and that 2003 is the best year yet for you.

Ladyrider, June 30th is a great deadline for me too. My birthday is June 18 and I will be 43. I think losing 30 pounds would be the best birthday gift I could give myself.

Reina, I hope you feel better.

Miki, Taiwan, hope to hear from you soon.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:16 PM   #392  
I will make it!

Angry Good Evening Ladies

LadyRider thanks for the cyberkick and Debee...thanks for the hug.

Today I ate 1606 cals, 66 grams of fat...I exercised for 20 minutes for a distance of 6.5km and burned off 250 cals for a net total of
1356...not the best but better than yesterday.

So I start a new thread for the new year...let me know what you think....a fresh start to start off the year

Debee...friday updates is a great idea! I'm up for that. I use MSN chat and I dont want to dowload other software...too much stuff already on my computer...I'm a webdesigner... But chatting online seems fun to me ..so keep me posted.

Reina congrats on not gaining thus far...kudos on you...you've made it thru christmas...there's new years tomorrow...you can do it.

And Lady, I am sure you will get thru and lose those extra two pounds...I too yo yo up by two and down by two...sometimes its very frustrating.

Well, this one is a short one, I will see all of you ladies in the new year....feel free to start a new thread...if you see fit or let me know if you want me to start a new thread...lots of hugs

Cyan

deadline for Oprah letter is jan 5th...post your part of the letter online.
Old 12-30-2002, 09:25 PM   #393  

Default What a weekend....

Usually Sat and Sun are our busiest times because of church things (ah, the joys of being a pastor's wife/missionary). Sunday was my turn to teach Sunday school (yes, in Chinese) and it takes me a while to prepare it. Then last night, Monday night here, a missionary friend (he started our church 20years ago) and his kids, who grew up here, and their kids, and his neices, and nephews and their kids (over 20 people--and 7kids all under the age of 5yrs!!!) came here for a visit (not to visit us specifically, but to vacation sorta). Anyway, we went out to eat with them. And my computer still isn't doing what it should be doing, missing alot of mail

Anyway, other than that, we are all ok. Have to take Josiah (our 6month old) to the dr as he has started to have a bad cough. A runny nose, I can deal with, but his cough sounds bad and is just getting worse. Of course the weather going from 50something for two days to 70's and back to 50's isn't helping I am sure.

Weight wise, I have lost one pound. I am fine with that since I have had to go out to alot of parties this past week. I haven't been walking since it's either been raining, something comes up, or my walking partner is sick (I hate to go alone now). BUT I have been exercising since 12/24. I only missed Sat and Sun, but did something for 20min or 40min each day. Tell, ya, I feel great though. And I measured today (I decided to take measurements every 2weeks and weigh myself once a week, though I was thinking of rotating the two) and I have lost at least 1in everywhere!!!! I can feel a difference in my clothes and a few people have mentioned that it seems like I've lost weight I am close to my first goal. I originally set one too high and then lowered it. I think I will treat myself to a massage when I reach it

Well ladies, hope all it going well.Tonight we are going to watch an Austrian aborigine festival with fireworks and all. It should be interesting anyway. Hey, debee, my 6month old's birthday is June 18!!just like his Taiwan grandfather's birthday. I do like the weigh in thing, keeps me accountable. Hope to hear from you all later.

210/194.7/191/145
highest/current/1stgoal/end goal
Old 12-30-2002, 10:57 PM   #394  

Ok ya'll, I need a big push in the right direction please. I was doing fairly well thru the holidays and managed to maintain my weight, plus lose an inch or two, but the last 2 or 3 days, I am out of control!! I know if I weigh, I'll be depressed so I'm going to get back in check and not going to weigh again until Sunday. Phil ( my hubby ) lost around 60 lbs a couple years ago and has gained some back. He said today as of Jan. 1, he is going to be heavy duty into his healthier lifestyle again also. That should help me stick with it too. So anyway, if ya'll dont mind, I'm going to hold off posting my latest measurements and weight until Sunday and hopefully I'll be doing much better by then. I did drink my jug of water today. Havent done that in a long time. I'm off the rest of the week so I should have plenty of time for my Air Walker. I really really really want to accomplish my goal of losing 60 lbs, and I am going to TRY to lose 30 by the end of March. I know I'll need all of your support and encouragement for sure. ( as well as the occasional kick in the butt lol ) Glad to see everyone is getting back in here. I've been soooo busy and have missed you all!!! I"m ready to get back in a regular groove. Gotta run for now but I"ll post again as soon as possible. Everyone, take care and let's do this!!!!!!! I know we can.

Miki
Old 12-31-2002, 12:20 PM   #395  

Default Just wanted to say....

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Hi my friends. It is already new years here. We just got back from a celebration at the local museum, they had a concert outside. I want to thank you all for the support you've been to me the past month or so I've been on the list. This is a great group, so supportive and that helps alot. Thanks. May we all start strong and finish even stronger this year. This will be a great year for all, I just have this feeling

Again, Happy New Year
Old 12-31-2002, 12:22 PM   #396  

Hey girls! I'm back! I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I did. My trip to Florida was beautiful. I really really really enjoyed the Gulf of Mexico as it was the first time I had ever seen the ocean or a beach. My parents and sister and I flew in together. We arrived in Pensacola where my younger brother met us and we followed him. He knew I wanted to stop as soon as possible to experience the water and beach, so we stopped at Pensacola beach. It was wonderul. I immediately kicked off my shoes, hiked up my pants and went into the water. I picked up shells througout the trip to bring home for the kids. My mom took pictures and my sister and I played. It was great. We drove on to Fort Walton Beach and our Hotel was right on the beach. I was elated. It was beautiful. Some highlights included feeding seagulls from our ocean front balcony, watching dolphins swim along the bay, relaxing in an outdoor hot tub and then jumping into the heated outdoor pool....all in about 48 degree weather, making sand castles, standing backward in the ocean so you don't know how big the wave is that is about to hit you, sinking my toes and feet into the sand, and watching the sunset only to wake up to watch it rise again. It was heavenly. My family was a little up tight, but I can tune that out. My brother's wedding was small but nice. If only my brother could convince me that he was ready to be a husband.

Okay, now for the eating part. I was HORRIBLE!!! I was a pig the entire time. Not just for the trip but ever since I went to Branson. I know that after Christmas I had only gained half a pound, but I am very scared to get on the scales now. On Sunday, we went to a restaurant called FudPuckers. We were rolling ourselves out we had eaten soooo much. When we got back to our hotel, (after about 2 hours of FActory Outlet shopping)
we found out that the bride's family wanted to take us to dinner. We couldn't say no but we were about to burst...and then they took us to a steak house. It was very very good and I can't believe I cleaned my plate. I had a half order of grilled shrimp and french fries with a salad. I had water everytime we went out to dinner, maybe once I had a diet pepsi. It's a terrible feeling to have those pants feel so tight after eating and all you want to do is sleep. My meals weren't THAT bad, but the snacking in between was horrible. We had a gift basket in our room from the bride's family with beautiful chocolate of all kinds in it. It was wonderful....I mean horrible. LOL. However, I know I had my full share of water everyday of my trip.

Okay, so let's get positive. Tomorrow is the first day of the year and I am getting back on track. I went to the gym this morning and I had a Slim Fast for Breakfast. I am envisioning myself thin and fit and cute. I want to be a size 10. I am drinking my water and working out and thinking before I put anything into my mouth. Next week I am getting my gallbladder out so that will be a set back in the working out plan for a while, but I will have to start back small with some walking. I can do it. I want to weigh 140 by the end of 2003. That's about 45 pounds to lose.

MikiG, YOU CAN GET BACK ON TRACK! We will do it together. Our eating habits are learned and we just need to learn different habits. We will feel better and look better and be healthier.

Taiwan, you sound like you are doing so well and you have a great attitude! Congratulations on meeting your goals. A massage sounds great and you deserve it!

debee, Friday progress reports sounds great. It gives us a specific day where we must be accountable for our weight loss or gain. And I would love to chat with y'all every week, I hope we can find a day and time that works for each of us.

LadyRider, I was thinking of you while I was away. I would have loved to have met you. That would have been so fun! I know what you mean about getting back on a regular healthy diet. I have felt awful after eating so horribly. I've been soooo nausious but I think that's my gall bladder making me feel that way. I can't wait to get it out.

Reina, 1.34 pounds a week sounds pretty reasonable. Can I try to meet that challenge with you? I know with a buddy, we can do it for sure!!! Great job on now gaining over the holidays!!

Cyan, I will have a letter for you to Oprah by January 5. I have a few questions. First of all, how long do you want our letters to be? If it's too long, they will get bored reading them, if they're too short, they won't get our point. Maybe you could be in charge of cutting and pasting. That wouldn't offend me if you cut out some of my stuff that might seem irrelevant or boring, or whatever. Second, I go to school full time, so what dates are we looking at? August would work for me and maybe early September. Does she do shows then? Just wondering. I don't have class on Fridays either. So, I could come in on a Thursday night late or early on a Friday morning and stay until Sunday. That's my 2 cents worth.
Also, Reina, if you could do some homework and see how much a hotel room costs and how many of us would share rooms and where we would eat and so forth and put together a package price, so poor folk like myself could start to save up.

Okay, that's all for me for now. I'm going to weigh myself now and report later.

See ya!
Lisa
Old 12-31-2002, 01:58 PM   #397  
I will make it!

Angry Good Day Ladies

Its so nice to read such positive and happy posts...it truly brightens up my day.

Lisa, a paragraph or two...short ones...would be more than enough...as for the tickets I will ask for september but I guess its really up to the availability of the show...but I will ask for a friday...lets keep our fingers crossed. And yes, its time to reafirm your goals and get back to them...by the sound of your last post, it looks like you are well on your way.

Taiwan...Happy New Year Glad t hear you had a wonderful time...and kudos on you for being determined about your health...onward we shall go together...to a healthier, sexier, thinner us....cheers!

Hey Miki your airwalker awaits you...so get on it and glide glide glide your way to a thinner and healthier you...you can do it...just repeat after me...I can do it, I will do it, I am doing it...ok again...keep saying it until you are on your airwalker...keep going.

So I guess are first weight in and measurements as per our pre-new years challenge is this friday...so here is to not gaining and possibly losing a few pounds...if we can make it through the holidays without gaining, the rest of the year will be a breeze and we will lose lose lose....together we will do it....yay!

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you gals...tonight I am off to a New Year's party... and there will be lots of finger foods and alcohol...I will keep my fingers crossed.

Later Ladies

Cyan
Old 12-31-2002, 04:11 PM   #398  

Happy New Year!

Tonight we are going to a "bellydancing" mid eastern resturant with the kids and afterwards to a kids new year eve party. I made a few resolutions that I hope to keep:

1. To take time for myself.

I made an appointment for a massage and a seaweed wrap on Jan. 6. The seaweed wrap is suppose to help to detox your body and help lose inches. I will tell you about it once I'm done.

2. To post daily in the Fitday food journal.

I would like to keep my weekday calorie intake to 1,200. Weekends I think I will have to up it to 1,500.

3. Get more organized.

Finally clean out the closets,toy boxes. Get all of our computer stuff set-up.

4. Appreciate what I have.

Realize how lucky I am to have my health, family and friends.

5. Last but not least, to lose 30 pounds.

I would like to take Reina goal of 1.3 pounds a week. Post my weight here every Friday.

Hey I have an idea. If we meet next year in Chicago we should also write to "E Fashion Emergency Show" and see if we can get a makeover. The show is on the Entertainment channel (they probably have a website) and is hosted by Emee (the plus size model). Each segment they do total makeovers. I think our group would make an interesting show.

I know that 2003 is going to be a great year for us! Just think how great we are all going to look in our slinky little dress on New Years Eve next year.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:29 PM   #399  

I just went on the "Eonline"website and Fashion emergency is no longer accepting makeover requests, oh well.

By the way,

Cyan, maybe we could use MSn chat. Let's pick a time and day. Great idea about a new thread.

Taiwan, I will have to send you son a birthday card. Both my sons were born in June. Jimmy is June 21 and Jake is June 25.

Lisa I love the beach too. Now everytime you look at your seashells you will have your memories. Next year you can frolic in the waves in your bikini!

Miki, I think we all were a little bad over the holidays but who could blame us. What is important is now we are going to get motivated and start losing.

Reina, I am there with you girl. I will try to lose between 1-2 pounds a week. Let's all weigh in on Friday.

Lady rider as always you are so positive!
Old 12-31-2002, 05:06 PM   #400  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Hi Everyone!

It sounds like everyone is ready to get back on track and start losing weight again. Yea! We're hot! We're doin' it! We Are Winners! or maybe that should be "losers"

I like the idea of Friday Progress Reports; let's start this Friday. That makes three of us working toward a June 30th deadline. 1.34lb per week is a good safe goal, too. Count me in!

Cyan, will you start the new thread? A new beginning for the New Year. A great idea. And congratulations on getting back on track! Eating better today than yesterday is how it all starts, making that first turn around gets us on the right path again. I'm working on my Oprah letter and I'm getting excited with the idea of us getting together. What a blast!

Taiwan, Wow! Down in weight and inches after the holidays! Good for you! Massage sounds like a wonderful reward, good thinking.

Miki, don’t worry about gaining a few pounds; they'll come right off as soon as you start eating healthy again. I gained three pounds over Christmas and have all ready dropped two of them.

Lisa, I'm glad you had such a great time in Florida. Isn't playing in the surf a blast? I wish you had warmer temps, though. We live about 2hrs from a beach and although we don't get there often, I’m always surprised at how much fun we have when we do go.
I'm sure you won't have any trouble losing 45lbs by 12/03.
By the way, what is the name of that chat freeware?

I really like that we are all taking this as a permanent life change and not a temporary diet. That attitude is what's going to make us stay thin and healthy.

I tried the Taebo 10 minute workout for the first time today. Actually, I thought I would do Taebo and then run my 2 miles ...HA! I had to stop and rest twice during the 10 minute workout, and was too exhausted to even consider my run! So, I've decided to do the Taebo as an alternative to running. Seriously, I like the way Billy Blanks explains the exercises and encourages as you struggle through it; especially when he reminds you that you're working toward a goal and it is achievable with a little work.

Talk to you all tomorrow,

Lady
Old 12-31-2002, 06:44 PM   #401  

Ok, I only have a minute and just planned on reading posts for now and coming back later to put in my own message. BUT I read, then tried to click out, and the computer wont let me! This is crazy..no matter what I do, 3FC stays on the scream. lol I'm taking it as a hint I should go ahead and type. I have done better today and I am going to do my AirWalker tonite. Dreading tomorrow because my mother in law called and is cooking a big New Years Dinner. I'm going to be good tho....just a little taste, not too much of anything. Thanks to all of you for the encouragement to keep on keeping on!! I'll write more as soon as I have time.

Happy New Year to all!!!

MIKI
Old 12-31-2002, 06:46 PM   #402  

I am laughing sooo hard! I have got to start proofreading!! Did ya'll notice I said the 3FC "Scream"???? I meant Screen..LOL Anyway, wanted to clear that up.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:06 PM   #403  

Talking I want in too

I want in on the 1.34lbs a week thing too. That is a good goal, very healthy too. I will start posting Friday (either Friday morning my time or Sat. morning my time)

I am sitting here watching the news describe a Japanese hospital with hot spring therapy. OOOHHHHHHHH that looks so nice. We live 20min from hot springs here in Taitung, only been once though. I don't want to go with the kids next time as that leaves basically no time for me to sit in the hot springs. There is a place here that is like a pool. They have pool, hot spring with and without the massage jets (like a jacuzzi I guess) and a sauna. Hey, that is starting to sound better all the time. Gotta get a babysitter now
Well, my breakfast is here. Decided to buy it with the family. I am eating Chinese style tuna omelet and having black tea. I will be good the rest of the day and exercise as well.

One, kinda personal question for you all. Did your body's change at all when exercising/losing weight? It's like this, this month and last month at about day 14 in my cycle I would start spotting, not much but a little. Then it turned brownish. It lasts for about 4days. I am thinking that it's just me ovulating. But any other suggestions? Not in any pain (other than from working my abds during exercise yesterday ) Thanks for letting me ask this ladies.

210/194.7/191/145
sw/cw/fg/gw
Old 12-31-2002, 09:31 PM   #404  

I just came from Fitday.com checking on my goal. To lose 30 lbs by March 31, which is my first goal, means losing 2.18 lbs a week. Is that realistic??? I know it wont be easy, but possible to lose that much every single week?? What do ya'll think??
Old 01-01-2003, 01:49 AM   #405  

I think that is probably a little high. The best (from what others tell me) is 1-2lbs a week. Sometimes it may be more and maybe less. If you want to lose 30lbs by March 31st, that's like 10lbs a month? right? I would stick closer to 6lbs and if you lose more, hey that's even better. I think if we set a too high goal for ourselves, then don't make it, it will set us back more. Too easy to get discouraged.
Anyway, that's my idea on it. Good luck . What are everyone elses goals? Everyone doing 30lbs by March?
Closed Thread