Closed Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 09:30 AM   #196  
I will make it!

Talking Happy ThanksGiving

Goodmorning Ladies...I can smell all those turkeys in the oven...with glazed carrots and mashed potatoes....pumkin pie...gravy...ahhhh...okay, I'm coming over

Have a great day everyone...make wise choices and I will see you all back here soon....looking forward to hearing how it all went...what you ate....details...lots and lots of details

Talk to you later

Cyan
Old 11-28-2002, 08:29 PM   #197  

Ya'll, I am soooo full!! lol I did eat too much but drank water only with my meal and passed up dessert. I did have turkey, dressing, augratin potatoes, mac & cheese, and broccoli/cauliflower salad. Doesnt the broccoli and cauliflower kinda cancel out the starches and cheese?? Hmmm...didnt think so. Oh well, new day tomorrow and I did exercise 20 minutes today before I went to my Dad's. If I get a little less miserable tonite, I plan to do more also. Hope everyone had a great day!!I'll try to post more later.....MIKI
Old 11-28-2002, 09:22 PM   #198  

Just finished logging all my foods in Fitday. My total calories was 1912! Not great but actually I was expecting them to be much higher so I'm not too disappointed. Burned 200 calories with exercise. I was shocked tho to find out that the broccoli/cauliflower salad ( it has bacon bits, cheese, green onions, and ranch dressing in it) had the highest calories per serving of all that I ate! Soooo...a warning, some foods can fool you. Just because it's a salad or veggies doesnt necessarily mean it's the best choice.

Lisa, dont feel like you need to apologize. I feel the exact same way you do. I GET 100 times more out of this site than what I GIVE. Just like you, I always feel I could be more like the rest of the group. Seems everyone is always encouraging and supporting me more than the other way around.

Cyan....even thinking about smelling all that stuff cooking now makes me wanna be sick! lol It was sooo good at the time tho.

Be back later...if not tonite, for sure tomorrow. Take care everyone!

MIKI
Old 11-29-2002, 09:38 AM   #199  
I will make it!

Angry Morning Ladies

As the french say....J'ai la peau de mon ventre bien tendu! Which means....The skin of my stomach is tightly stretched!...all that turkey and side dishes. hmmmm

Anyway, I ate too many calories yesterday...and I didnt even have a turkey feast...I consumed 1845 cals, 57 grams of fat...I exercised for 45 minutes and burned off 466 calories for a distance of 12.6km. so in essence, 1379 calories is what the end total is after the exercises

Thank goodness for the exercising. And, I'm going on a business dinner and its going to be Thai...I love Thai food but I gotta watch out for those coconut green curries that I am so fond of.

Come back and post, post, post...I'm lonely here...Tell me how it all went.

Bye for now

Cyan
Old 11-29-2002, 09:40 AM   #200  
I will make it!

Default Miki

You did great girl....1912 calories during a holiday....amazing...I would so be over 2500 cals...easily...and you exercised amidst all that feasting...kudos on you. I think you may be ready to face Christmas and all of its offerings without "buying the farm!"

later
Cyan
Old 11-29-2002, 11:07 AM   #201  

Angry A newbie here

Well, I have been reading everyone's post and you are quite a talkative bunch.....which is great! Let me introduce myself:
I am 28yrs old. I am originally from the east coast, Delaware to be exact. My dh and I live in his home country, Taiwan. I have 2 boys ages 4yr and 5months. After having #2, I really didn't lose any weight because I was eating anything in sight. I topped the scales at 210. Well, I went on Herbalife desperate for something to get weight off. After loosing about 6lbs, I just couldn't keep paying the outrageous prices for something that wasn't really teaching about exercise and a healthy eating lifestyle. So, as of November 8th, I was on my own. On the 15th I weighed in at 201.3lbs and Thursday (I weighed in before Thanksgiving meal!) I weighed in at 200.2lbs. I go to a local hospital and use their scale. I have been walking 30min a day for two weeks now. Tonight I upped it to 45 min (and feeling it). My weakest area is the eating. I am not a cook and it seems like everything in Taiwan is fried. I am experimenting and trying to fix salads and all, but am really lazy.
Well, that's me. My first goal is 190lbs by Jan.15th and my future goal is 145lbs by this time next year. After reading alot of success stories, it takes about a year to lose the weight I need to. Well, a year to do it right.

Hope to join in more in the future.
Old 11-29-2002, 06:57 PM   #202  

Cyan, thanks for the compliments but altho it wasnt as bad as I expected, I was miserable!! I'm not used to eating that much anymore, well at least not that kinda heavy foods, and couldnt even get to sleep last nite. Hope I learned my lesson since we have Thanksgiving #2 tomorrow with my Mom. Also have company coming over tonite to munch and play games. My real weakness is chips and dip so tonite will probably be more of a challenge than yesterday was. Cross your fingers for me lol

Taiwan...WELCOME Always good to meet someone new. I know you'll love this group. Very supportive and encouraging so drop in anytime!! I've been amazed at the help they give me.

Well about time for the company to get here so better run.

Be back tomorrow!!!

MIKI
Old 11-29-2002, 07:01 PM   #203  

Red face Thanksgiving down, Christmas to go!

Hello all! How is everyone? I am doing GREAT! Let's see.....Yesterday was Thanksgiving. I got up at about 8am and began my cooking. I baked a Maple Pecan Pumpkin Cheesecake and frozen corn with cream cheese. (That was my food assignment). The kids and hubby and I started out on our 30 minute trip to Great Grandma and Great Grandpa's house, except as we turned onto the highway, the crock pot of corn toppled over and creamed corn was all over the floor of our van. We headed back home, cleaned out the crock pot, put our Pot Bellied Pig, Hamlet, in the van to clean up the corn put a towel over the mess, bought some more corn anc cream cheese and started again.

Once at their house, I also made a fruit salad with bananas, apples, pineapple, oranges and passion fruit, no fat vanilla yogurt, pecans, mini marshmallows, and nutmeg. YUMMY!

Before dinner I went for a walk. About 15 minutes at a casual pace. Just enough to get my blood moving. Dinner was at 3:30 and I filled my plate only once. I ate whatever looked good and only had one helping. About 20 minutes after dinner, I had 1/4 of a piece of cheese cake and a small helping of a pumpking cake. About 45 minutes later, I went on another walk, which was my favorite part of the day. The sun was just setting and the geese and ducks were flying overhead. Their property is out in the country with a lake and beautiful trees and you can see for miles. The sky was so blue and there was that streak of pink you see as the sun goes down. It was a very peaceful and spiritual experience. So that walk served more of than one purpose. I will always remember that.

Anyway, I was done eating completely for the whole day by 7pm. There was snacking after dinner but not after 7pm.

This morning, I got up at 5:20 and went SHOPPING! It was great. I went to JC Penney's and Sears...then to Target....then to a bookstore. Then, I went to the gym. I had my gym clothes with me and I did a great 90 minute step/body defined class. It was AWESOME! Then, went home, had a slim fast, showered, got ready and went shopping some more. I'm about 90% done with my Christmas Shopping. Cool!

Then, I went to donate my platelets, but my hematocrit was too low. What's up with that????

Okay, enough about me.

Taiwan....Welcome! I am excited to get to know you better. This group has been such a blessing to me. Soon, I hope you will feel as close to these ladies as I do.

Cyan, I hope that was enough details for you. You said you wanted lots of details about our Thanksgiving.

Well, that's all for now. My hubby is behing me slobbering and starving for food. We're going to Furr's. Wish me luck!

Hope to hear from all of you soon!

Lisa
Old 11-29-2002, 09:58 PM   #204  
I will make it!

Talking Evening Ladies

Well...tonight I went out for Thai....yikes ...yep...shrimp green curry..which is made with coconut milk and a fried battered banana for desert... It totalled to 1935 cals consumed today. So I had to exercise extra tonight...I walked home from the restaraunt...it took me 45 minutes in the snow...Its been snowing all day..so there is an accumulation on the floor to dredge through and then once I got home, I cycled for 30 minutes for a distance of 8.3km and burned off 305 calories for a total of 609cals burned...so total cals for today is 1326.

I wouldnt have to exercise so much if I could just stick to a 1500 cal consumption...I'll keep trying.

Lisa...looks like your thanksgiving day was amazing...the walk seems magical the way you described it.

Welcome Taiwan...looking forward to getting to know you

Hey Miki...I wish I could get used to eating less...I send you strength to resist the chips and dip...keep the faith

Annie, Cjunk, Reina, LadyRider and Precious...I miss you guys...come back ..please....

K...dont forget to post all of your details...

bye

Cyan
Old 11-29-2002, 10:16 PM   #205  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Hi Everyone! I'mmmm Baaaaack! It's been a couple of days and I've missed you all. As I was catching up on all your posts and smiling, I was singing "We are f a m i l y.... Me and my sisters and me."

I had an excellent Thanksgiving! I ran in the morning, and then we went to my son and daughter-in-laws for dinner in the afternoon where there was much laughing, eating, and merry making.
The Menu: pre-dinner: spiced pecans, chips and spicy Peruvian dip. Dinner: Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, corn, broccoli salad, cinnamon croissant rolls, Hawaiian rolls, wine, pumpkin, apple and cherry pies with ice cream or whip cream.
I did very well - kind of, sort of....pretty much. I had small helpings of turkey, potatoes, gravy, corn, and broccoli salad. 2 croissant rolls and 1 Hawaiian roll. I had sparkling grape juice instead of wine and two pieces of pumpkin pie. No ice cream. I figured pumpkin pie works as two vegetables, right? All the portions were small and I didn't get stuffed at all. In fact I was hungry later that night and had another slice of vegetable. When I weighed my self the next morning I hadn't gained at all, and this morning I was down a pound. Yea!

Miki - You have your priorities right. Spending time with your kids is so important. That's quality time they will remember the rest of their lives. And, by the way, you do contribute. You and Lisa are both a very important part of this group!
Lisa - CONGRATULATIONS!! 17lbs is a major loss. I loved the pot bellied pig cleaning up the car for you - just picturing it made me laugh out loud. Fruit salad is one of my favorite things, and you recipe sounds wonderful. I'm going to try it for Christmas.
I also hit the stores by 6am to get a Christmas tree at half price. What an experience! All those people grabbing for the Blitz Bargains - It was not a pretty sight! But I did get the tree.
Taiwan - WELCOME! Hope to see you here lots. You sound like you are on your way, girl. You have chosen the right way to change your life and it's working all ready! Keep coming back and let us know about your progress and we'll be here to help you through the rough spots. Ok?
Rein_Mia - You are a stitch. I can't believe you started fixing your desserts at 12:30am! How did they turn out? Did you're plan work - did you eat them?
Cyan - I love the Oprah idea. Let’s set a date, write that letter and see where it takes us. This is going to be GREAT! By the way, my son was looking over my shoulder, saw your picture and asked me who the pretty girl was.
I was really exhausted this afternoon, so I took a 2 hr nap. When I woke up it was cool and crisp and inviting outside, so I just had to get out and go running. So, here I am running down this quiet country road, the sky is a beautiful clear blue, the air is crisp and I'm feeling so good that I stopped right there in the middle of the road to say a prayer of gratitude.

What I did right today:
Ran
Ate healthy
Hugged a friend
Laughed a lot
Read your posts!
Cjunk, Annie, Come and check in. We miss you!

Lady
Old 11-29-2002, 10:34 PM   #206  
SW164 CW138 24lbs to Goal

Lisa - Low hematacrit (percentage of red blood cells in the blood) is frequently caused by blood loss or anemia; are you taking Folic Acid? This is not anything to worry about, but it wouldn't hurt to keep an eye on it. A multivitamin with iron will usually take care of the problem.

Lady
Old 11-30-2002, 10:51 AM   #207  
I will make it!

Angry Morning Health Nut Buddies

Its Saturday...and its shopping day for me...yay! I'm going out to buy a good weight scale and a heart monitor...I want to make sure I reach and stay within my heart rate when I exercise...might as well make the most of it

LadyRider....I feel the same way you do. I think this group just rocks to the nth degree. Yes, lets write this letter to Oprah....how about if we each write a section of the letter introducing ourselves and how we feel about our group, what we get from this group and what we give back to the group. Then, once all who want to participate have done their little bit, we will send it off my email or snail mail ...or both to Harpo Productions...asking for tickets..for next fall...like september or october 2003. Reina_Mia lives in Chicago...and I think she has already offered to be our tour guide!! Yay! I will sit down sometime this week and write out my part and then I will post it here on this thread....Lets give this a deadline...lets say by Jan 5th 2003...all of us interested in the Oprah Meeting...post your letter here on this thread by the 5th of Jan 2003, then I will cut and paste into one big letter and email it to Harpo Productions!

So does this sound like a doable and good idea? Let me know.
Ok then, I'm off to spend some cash

Cyan
Old 11-30-2002, 06:07 PM   #208  

Hi all Just got back from Thanksgiving dinner #2 and I am soooo full!!! Don't even feel like typing much. Going to stretch out a little and will be back later tonite to post more details. Just wanted to check in! ( Guess I didnt learn my lesson Thursday)
Old 11-30-2002, 09:10 PM   #209  
I will make it!

Angry Evening all

Well...today I ate McDonalds...yep big mac with small fries and a chocolate milk shake...yep yep yep...I consumed a total of 1940 calories and 77 grams of fat. But...I also exercised for one hour and burned of 730 calories for a distance of 12.5km so the grand total is 1210 after exercising.

I gotta get back down to 1500 cals...also I lost another 1/2 inche around my hips...slowly but surely

Ok Ladies...hope to hear from you soon cause I miss you guys.

Miki...I have the same learning problem...I think its a short term memory thing...but its the holidays...keep trying

later girls

Cyan
Old 11-30-2002, 09:27 PM   #210  

Default Ah...the weekend

Hello girls! It's Saturday night. Our Thanksgiving vacation is gradually coming to an end. However, it's been very enjoyable. Today, although I didn't exercise, I got quite a bit done....once I got out of bed at about 9:15am. hmmmm. With my hubby's help we set up a bed in the toy room, making it a bedroom for my daughter. Her and my son have been sharing a bed and I think it's time we seperate them...so they can learn responsibility and cleanliness. They are each responsible for their own room...keeping it clean...etc. Also, yesterday I spent nearly $300 getting them new bedroom suits for Christmas.

I also went through all my kids' clothes and filled a huge box with items that are too small for them. Their drawers and closets are so much more organized now! It's wonderful. I swept both rooms and divided up who gets what toys...etc.

We cleaned out our laundry/utility room that was turning into quite the storage area. It was horrible.

Anyway, I got a lot done.

I started off my eating this morning with an apple and some fat free caramel sauce....a total or 4 WW points. I had 1 1/2 grilled cheese sandwiches for lunch....not so good, but not horrible right?
For Dinner I had Taco Bell's Chicken Quesadilla and a taco. I'm regretting that because now I'm hurting. I'm really anxious to get those test results from the Doctor on Monday. If this isn't my gall bladder...I don't know what it could be.

I love the Oprah letter idea. I'm glad we have that much time to think about what we should write. That is exciting!

Lady Rider, your Thanksgiving sounds great. You are so active and full of energy. I really can't wait to meet you some day!!! You are so cool!!!

Cyan, you are really good at burning those calories. You motivate me! I tend to take the weekends off, exercise wise. However when I don't exercise, I don't eat as healthy...what's up with that?

Well, I might check in tomorrow, but for sure on Monday. See you all soon!

Lisa
Closed Thread