Old 11-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #61  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Lol, burned your vampire eyes, silly Francie...I was hoping to sleep later than 10 myself! But I did get in 8 hours and that is more sleep than I normally get so...I think I know the guy you are talking about...if I am not mistaken he was on Chelsea Lately not too long ago. Pow Wow was boring...if would be nice if they actually did the macarena or something like that, lol...but they do these little, hmmm, not really sure what I would call it...kind of scooting the feet and looking for bugs, lol. I don't dance at them and cracks me up at the white people who do...supposed to be for the Indians but I swear every one we go to lately there are more and more blonde/blue eyed Indians, lol...guess I could get a shawl and get out there and dance. Love watching the little guys...there were a couple last night...OMG they are so cute in their little Indian gear/costumes if you will and out there dancing...they have no clue what they are doing but they are trying, lol. You can go anytime you want! One of these times I am going to take the g-kids...they will probably be bored but at least they will see what it is about. Hard to get them though, their grandma usually has their schedules filled up every weekend! Anywho...

I was going to say...when I need to sleep and can't I take a benadryl and that knocks me out. But...I have to make sure I take it sooner rather than later because it will knock me out for a good 8 or 9 hours and I will feel a little groggy even after that...they do a number on me.

Not sure what I am doing today. Was thinking about going to the park for a walk but I'm not sure I want to drive that far if it ends up being too chilly. Supposed to get up to 56 but if the wind is blowing it will be a lot colder...there is no cover out there, lol. I HATE the cold and wind! Definitely will get a dvd or 2 in...depending on which one(s) I do. Have them from 10 mns all the way up to 50 minutes...wait there is one that is a hour and a half. I've not tried that one yet. Supposed to burn a lot of calories! I think it might justdo me in though, lol. Definitely have laundry to do and reading so I may just stay in. Who knows?!

Well, I guess I shall go to fb and then get on with the show, lol. Take care everyone and have a GREAT Sunday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 PM   #62  
ugggg.....

Francie--ok I didnt know who jl was until you said 30 seconds to mars...he is awfully cute

Cristina--this 20 degree back and forth temp changes is crazy!!

Sassy glad to hear good news on both your mil and rental!!

Sue--my children try my patience all the time..the grandboys keep me sleep deprived on the weekends but are just too cute, hugs on the mom situation..I know its hard

Welcome Nina and free..this is a very supportive bunch!!

hi to everyone else..the littlest one has just awoke from his latest cat nap!!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 02:32 PM   #63  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Cristina~ I feel like a vampire. I'm awake in the evenings..and really pale. I just don't drink the blood..because ew. LoL!! Shuffling your feet isn't really dancing. Maybe you could start the macarena. Someone has to get the party started, and it could be you. I usually take benedryl to help me sleep. But it hasn't been working for me (except when I have allergies). I bought some off brand sleeping pills.

Jules~ Yes..it is Jared Leto. He is super hot and pretty awesome. He's been working really hard to finish editing 30stm's new video. It's about 20 mins long!! It's like a short film, rather than a music video.

I added a pic of him. Gotta love those baby blues.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (13.2 KB, 5 views)
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:22 AM   #64  

I finally found my way back....On Friday my car broke down so I've been having a pity party and not doing well. I'll post some info tomorrow when I get some extra time at the computer. I was on here for awhile and finally realized that I had subscribed to this thread, I forgot where it was.....Age isn't going so swell for me. (I'm not really that old)
Ninacali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 10:00 AM   #65  
One day at a time

A Good Monday morning to all!

My body is screaming, OWWWWW!! It amazes me how a little dvd can hurt soooo freaking much! Still feeling it from yesterday but...I did get a 60 minute walk in this morning. Despite not watching Lily, I still managed to get my arse out of bed and to the mall by 7:05! Going to do a dvd in a little bit...need to get back in the habit of that again...even if I have to break it up and do half now and half later. My body just feels like it is rotting, okay, maybe not rotting but geez. If I walk & exercise it hurts, if I don't it hurts, well, is stiff...getting old definitely sucks!

Anyway, down almost a pound this week...I'll take what I can get!

NINA...hugs to you We are here for ya when/if you want to talk.

JULES...grandbabies always put a smile on our faces and make us feel all warm inside don't they. Lily does that to me...makes me forget everything when I see that pretty little smile of hers, or hear her giggle. and just think, you have two little ones!

FRANCIE...OMG! I LOVE those eyes! I am a sucker for pretty eyes and nice smile! He definitely is H-O-T! Hey, I may be old but I am not dead, lol. It's so funny speaking of old...I really don't feel as old as I am. When someone asks my age I have to think and then when I say it out loud it's UNBELIEVABLE! Thank you for the pic...put a smile on my face

HI to everyone else

Going to get some much needed cleaning done today since Im not watching Lily. Finish up the Christmas decorating...going simple this year, get a load of laundry done, Slim & Thin WATP dvd and then call it a day. Going to relax early today and read! I am starting book #5 for the month so I just may get my goal of 60 for the year! Dragged out my Christmas reads to possibly get me in the mood, we'll see. The Christmas music at the mall is already driving me nuts Anyway...

Have a GREAT day! Lots of hugs
Old 11-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #66  
I was born this way hey!

Nina~

Cristina~ Oh, I am so adding more pics of him!! I could stare at him all day!!!! You should look up 30 Second's to Mars version of Bad Romance. The way he sings it is soooo hypnotic!! He changed some of the lyrics though, so it's kinda dirty, lol!! How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. I don't feel my age either. Sometimes I feel much older!! Especially after a tough workout and my body is in pain. Other times, I feel like I'm 14, especially when I become a fangirl and flip out over hot guys, lol!! I'm going to be 26 in 5 months

Ughhh..I woke up at 7 with a major major migraine!! I took 2 Excedrins, and now my entire body is shaking!!! I can't stand it!! I hate taking those pills, but they are the only thing that kills the migraine asap. I wonder if there is a diff med I could take for mirgraines.

My stupid laptop is messing up again today. I had to run another scan to clean it!! I'm so sick of it. I don't care if it's a PC or a Mac..all computers have issues and will be taken out by me. LoL!! I'm using my iPad right now. So clearly I have a weird addiction to Apple. I hate typing on this though. The stupid auto spellcheck is very annoying.

Ohh.hubs is home for lunch. Bbl!!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #67  

Thanks for the

Sorry about the migrain Francie, hope you feel better soon.

So a little about me. My name is Trish, my nieces & nephews on my side call me Nina (hispanic term for Godmother) and I'm in California = Ninacali....I'm 39, married for 19 years to my highschool sweetie. (although this morning he wasn't that much of a sweetie) We have 4 kidlets, ages 17, 16, 10 & 8, first 3 are boys and I finally had a girl. I was a SAHM till this market started taking a turn. Hubby was a realtor, prior to that he had a painting contracting business, I went into new home sales for almost a year till that also went bad. Then 3 years ago we both went to another broker and we manage his bank owned properties. Hubby re-started his painting business, he renewed it through the years but had his step-dad ran it till this past year. I mainly work at home and manage the back office for our broker and also do the billing etc for the painting business.
My weight has always been an issue, as I look through pics I realize it wasn't as much of an issue till my mid 20's but mean skinny cousins made me think it was. Hubby & the 2 oldest boys are tall & thin, they could eat anything and everything and it won't ever show. My 2 youngest have my metabalism and it sucks. I really feel bad for giving them my genes but trying to enforce healthy eating & getting excercise in our daily routine.
That's me in a nutshell....thanks for being so welcoming.

Last edited by Ninacali; 11-15-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #68  
I was born this way hey!

Which would you like to be called?, Trish or Nina? When I was little, I used to call my aunt Nina. My cousins used to call my mom Tia. I dunno why I never called my aunt Tia, lol!! I hate it when other people make you think you're fat, when you're really not. Girls in my elementary school made me think like that. Catholic school girls are super mean!! I married my high school sweetheart too. We'll be married for 6 yrs, Dec. 4th.

I need a new computer. I have a MacBook Air..and since I have a billion pictures, games and music on here..it's been running very slow. I need something with more space. We're going to go look at other MacBooks today. I'll probably get the white one, since hubs has the Pro. I'm sad to say goodbye to this one. Especially since it has stickers all over it, LOL!! Oh well..
Old 11-15-2010, 02:28 PM   #69  
I was born this way hey!

Here is some more eye candy!!

And btw..It's taken me all day to upload these pics (major comp probs today)..so you better enjoy them.

(oh..and in one of the pics..the other guy is his older bro)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3212.jpg (14.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3166.JPG (66.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3293.jpg (34.7 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg justjared.jpg (39.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3289.JPG (85.9 KB, 4 views)
Old 11-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #70  
I was born this way hey!

I'm on my new laptop Now I just have to spend hours and hours uploading all my pics & music, lol!! I kinda like this one better than the MacBook Air.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #71  

So very jealous of your new Mac, what did you end up getting. We've been shopping them but then the car brokedown so now it's on hold till we figure out how much it will be. My laptop has a broken screen, I have it hooked up to a monitor, and the family computer is old. I was thinking of getting one on Black Friday but I also saw some great deals on a washer dryer set. I'm having a hard time spending since we are going into the lean season with both real estate and contracting.
Thanks for the eye candy.....Hubby thinks my taste in music is a little immature for my age but that happens when you have teens.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:28 PM   #72  
I was born this way hey!

I ended up getting the same thing the hubs has, a MacBook Pro. It's very nice too. I just need to transfer all my pictures & music from my old comp, onto the new one. It deleted most of my pics from my phone. I wasn't going to let it delete all my music as well. I had over 3 thousand pictures..and I think I have over 800 songs. While we were at Best Buy, we looked at the washer & dryers..and WOW..they were sooo nice!! I totally recommend looking at what they have there. I opened one up..and inside was a Lil Wayne cd. I told the hubs it came with a free cd and were couldn't stop laughing!! LoL!! Jared Leto makes for beautiful eye candy. My mom always listened to the same music as me. She was into the boy bands, the pop princesses, then the rappers, and then the rock & punk bands. She bought me tickets to see everybody. Although, the only person we saw together was Ricky Martin. We were both ashamed to be there, LOL!! She also watched the same shows as me. I think she was more into The OC than I was, LOL!! You're a cool mom for listening to the same music as your kids. My gma did that too. She liked everyone except for The Rolling Stones. She though Mick Jagger was dirty looking, LOL!! My gpa hated all the young music. He was all about Sinatra. LoL!!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:05 AM   #73  
One day at a time

Good morning, ladies!

Walk is done! Going to do a DVD jin about 30 minutes...I really hate the squats and lunges, they hurt,, waaaah! But, it feels good getting it done.

I don't normally weight myself everyday but once in a while I will at least 3 or 4 times a week...so down just a few more ounces. Wanting to stay on track with the weight loss and if I do this and see a gain then I can do something about it so...not getting obsessed, just trying to stay on top of it.

NINA...I miss California! I would move back if the hubby could find a job and it wasn't so far from my grandbaby. I don't know why people have to be so mean, especially family.

FRANCIE...thanks for the pics! And I don't mind you asking my age...I am 51, yikes! Sounds soooo old! And my daughter is your age, well, she will be 27 in January...man, she's the baby and pushing 30, really makes me feel old! Funny about the music...Josh always laughs at me and called me a rapping granny once, lol. One of my favorites songs is Tupacs Thugz Mansion, for some reason he thinks that is so funny. I don't just like one kind of music though and got them all listening to all kinds. He wouldn't admit it but he took my Al Green CD's among others, lol. I have always loved music since I was little and always singing to the radio in the car. My dad would turn the radio off and me being in my own world wouldn't notice and would keep singing, lol. Daughter was like that too, in the car. We all love our music though. I agree with your gma...Mick Jagger does look dirty, lol. But I do like some of their music. Anyway...yay to the new computer! I need to get me one, or at least add more space. I'm like you-almost, with the pictures. I am having daughter put them on CDs for me, the pictures and videos. Then I'll just leave certain ones on here.

Where is everyone?

Okay, not sure what I will do today without baby again, reading I guess. Later on I am headed to the University to do some paperwork for the job and meeting son there for lunch. It's the only place in Wichita that has Chick-fil-a! What the heck, seriously! When me and daughter go to AR we look forward to having it when we get there, mmmmm.

Have a good day, all!
Old 11-16-2010, 02:52 PM   #74  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Hey all.

I cleaned out our office closet. Phew. If people don't think that moving is exercise, then they are crazy! lol. I burned about 1,000 calories! lol. Now does that mean I can have some cheesecake now? HA HA! J/K

Well there was a scheduling for a walkthrough on Sunday, but however, NOBODY showed up nor bothered calling or even emailing! Including the LANDLORD! DH told him politely, "We don't mind helping you find another renter, but DON'T WASTE OUR TIME!"

I think most of you commented on the lookey loo's yes it freaked me out and there was no way I was gonna go out there and confront them alone. There are too many crazy people out there. I told DH I should have gone "Little House on the Prarie" on them where Women back then would take the shot gun and shove it in their face asking what they wanted and to LEAVE! HA HA HA! I bet they would have had to go home and change their pants then! HA. And yes they did look in the windows as well!

I think the current landlord would want us to get out soon, but the fact of the matter is, we paid our November rent, so therefore we are entitled to stay the whole entire month! Also our new place, the new landlord doesn't have us being there physically until the 1st of December because of his insurance. So we do have a lot moved over and painted, stuff put up, but we are not supposed to "live there" yet. So our current landlord just has to chill out. I think he wants in to paint or whatever in the heck he wants to do, but your just gonna have to deal with it. We gave you 30 days notice, now you need to let us move in our time. DH works 5 and sometimes 6 days a week, so there is just little time to move. We plan on doing a big move coming real soon, but until then we just take loads over as we can.

My MIL is healing well, but the hospital she is at STINKS! She said it took them 20 Minutes or more to answer her light! Ridiculous! What if she had fallen on the floor?! FIL and DH are VERY VERY ANGRY! Her dr wants to move her to a nursing home to continue her Physical Therapy and healing. MIL was upset about that, but I think she is now realizing that she will probably get better care there and then hopefully be able to come home sooner.

Cristina -- Temps here have been low lately and today its rainy and cold. But perfect November weather I suppose! lol Thats' great that your sons been cooking for ya!

Francie -- Ha ha. Sounds like me lastnight. I couldn't sleep either, but it was due to my DH snoring! So I got up and read more of HP until about 2:30 am. Then I was awakened as well by my cats wanted to be fed. Whats that about? Them wanting food?! HA! I want a new washer very badly but our old one just won't die yet! That is pretty funny that you said it came with a free cd! LOL

Trish! Me and my cousin inherited my lovely Grandma's genes so I sympathize with ya! My parents are both small and tiny and can eat ANYTHING they want without gaining an ounce! Makes me sick! But all we can do is just keep on tryin'!

Sue -- I hope all is well with your Mom!

Trying to decide what to have for dinner. Its cold and rainy, perfect chili weather, but we don't have the stuff or the money to make it! Decisions Decisions! lol

Big to all!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:16 PM   #75  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

It is cold, windy and wet here today. I had to go get my hair cut and run into the store for some roasts they had on sale. I bought 4 nice roasts and cut one in half for stew, so will have beef in the freezer. Bought chicken last week..big family pack and divided it for 4 meals. Trying to get some things on hand so I won't HAVE to go out if the weather gets bad. I bet I have enough soup to feed us every day for 3 weeks. LOL.

Anyway, not doing a lot today. Have been online with my daughters getting all the latest family news. I swear I am going to take the "crazy train" if anything else happens. Can't even talk about a couple things.....but later I can.

Talked to son yesterday and of course he said San Diego is lovely. He is doing well learning to live alone since step-son has moved back to IN. Has to make some adjustments to the business, but plans to go forward with it alone. Wishing only the best for him...miss him though. Still think of him as my baby boy........

Another trip to the therapist for mom tomorrow and then I think she is done. Not sure what they will do. Her hip still keeps popping out..and she has learned to pop it back which sends a chill through me. We will see what they decide. She really wants to go visit her sis in TN and can not at this point.

Have apricot chicken cooking for dinner and will add rice and fresh veggies. Plan to exercise and do weights while I watch tv tonight. Weight was the same this week...so at least not a gain. *whew*

Okay...off I go to climb back on the crazy train.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote