Old 11-07-2010, 10:59 AM   #31  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Jules...Everytime I say I want to go natural and let the grey takeover it won't let me, lol. I get tired of the blonde but it ALWAYS comes back no matter what color I dye...went a little darker this time and I like it. Sorry about your Uncle, hugs to you and your family.

Sassy...man, sounds like a really nice, and big townhouse...hope you guys enjoy it! Good job on the loss

Francie...lmao, that is the book! I was too lazy to go downstairs to get it or see the name, could have just looked at my book list. Oh well. I was sort of close, lol. I saw the movie P.S. I Love you but haven't read the book...there's a few other books of hers I do want to read and will get to them eventually. Enjoy your new game system.

Sue...I think just about anywhere near the ocean is pretty...for the longest time I wanted to live on Catalina Island...it is so pretty there but the commute would be awful, lol. That is exactly what I am going to do when we move...I can't deal with all the 'stuff' we have been carrying around for years...useless stuff at that.

Hiya everyone else

Nothing special planned for the day, just the usual laundry, reading and watching stupid movies. Well, with a trip to the park for a good long walk. Thinking I gained like 2 pounds from all the eating/grazing yesterday...feeling really bloated today, ugh. DIL said to me "Why are you going to try and lose weight at Thanksgiving?" I told who knows,I did this last year too, and maybe so I won't go overboard with the eating if I know I am dieting. It wasn't planned though, just happened that way. I was getting too close to 200 again and got mad at myself for letting myself get up that high after all the hard work and getting down in the 180's. Could have been to goal by now but instead I am still trying to get off the pounds I gained just to start again on my goal. Anyway...it's working so. I sent all the bad stuff from yesterday home with oldest son and Charlotte & Josh. I will end up eating it if it's here...let them have it! Anyway...headed to FB and then start some laundry and read until time to go to the park...not going till about 2-3 when it gets a little warmer. Supposed to be 71 today...perfect walking weather...except, the wind is blowing, darn allergies!

Have a good Sunday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 09:26 PM   #32  
RosieKate

Hi All! Hope you had a great Sunday...We are still recuperating from Halloween it seems...I've been eating sweets, but have managed to lose 2 lbs. How? It's beyond me, but I will take it. I have been taking Vitamin d since September, then I read something linking vit D to weight loss. Who knows? I stopped doing food diaries and got really busy with a new job, then weight comes off - go figure.

Hubby registered me for the Hippie Chick Quarter Marathon....on Mother's Day! Happy Mother's Day It will keep me running and training, and he knows it - darn it! (lol)

Hope everyone enjoyed their extra hour. I can't remember, is Daylight savings a west coast thing?
Old 11-07-2010, 11:51 PM   #33  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I'm going to start with the last post and go from there..lol. I'm kind of crazy tonight.

Katy~Are you a hippie chick? LoL!! I think daylight savings is pretty much everywhere, except Arizona. I see the point of daylight savings..

Cristina~ Another wedding to look forward to!! I love weddings! Her books are cute. You should read Love, Rosie (if you haven't yet). It's very sweet..kinda sad. No Place Like Home is another good one. You should read Irish Girls Are Back in Town or something like that. It's a bunch of short stories by different Irish authors.

Jules~ A few weeks ago, the hubs tried to scare me by saying I had a gray hair. I told him he was a major liar, because I ALWAYS dye my hair. My hair will probably fall out from so much hair dye damage before it goes gray. Oh, I hate that feeling of a migraine coming on from lack of sleep. Hopefully you took a nap.

Sue~I love seeing pics from those days!!! I hope you can find it. I have a pic of my mom from the 60s..and my hairstyle (when it's styled right) looks just like hers. My aunt has that hair poof thing going on, lol!!

Sassy~ We always go to the midnight shows, lol!! Although, I regret going to see Avatar at midnight. That movie is FERNGULLY!!!! LoL!! The Kinect is AWESOME!!!! I didn't play, but I watched Fonzo..and it was so cool!!!! We wanted to play the dance game tonight, but he's on duty. So we'll probably play it tomorrow.

Well anyhoo...hubs is on watch tonight. I was supposed to wash the dishes, but I haven't done it yet. What I have done is..download songs, watched videos on youtube, text, tweet, play Uno on FB, look up lyrics, dance the electric slide & time warp, and pluck my eyebrows. Hubs will be home in 3 hours...and I told myself, a half hour ago, that I would play one more game of Uno before starting on the dishes. And yet..I am still dancing in my seat, lol!!
Shopaholic1204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #34  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Happy Monday to you all....

Back to the drawing board with this weight loss plan. I did not gain the weight back, but I sure didn't lose either.

Off and running today to 2 drs. appts. for mom. Thank goodness they are in the same area which is 35 minutes away from home. Hate to have to come home and then go back..so we will either go to Wal Mart or to breakfast between appts. Of course we could not get them less than 2 hours apart..lol. So...there goes my day.

What are you doing with your Monday???
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 05:33 PM   #35  
I can dream, can't I?

My daughter and HER grand daughter ..my great grand daughter. Baby was born the same day mom had her surgery and I am afraid I did not post any newborn pictures. She is a real cutie though and visited us Saturday.

TammyTeagan.jpg
Old 11-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #36  
ugggg.....

Teri just told me that she and Dom might go see her bf's granparents in Florida over Thanksgiving....NOOOOO!!!!! It's going to be hard enough serving my first Thanksgiving without my momma.

Cristina--I have been using the same color for awhile now, I like it so i stick with it.

Katy--I was doing so well with my running and then everything went crazy..good for you though. I go tomorrow night to finish my hat...the double needles are kind of intimidating...hope I don't mess it up!! Sock class after the start of the new year!!

Francie--a friend of mine had her first gray hair in high school...what's really scary is I will be 45 in Decenber and I plucked my first gray eyebrow hair...eewwwww......

Sue--what a cutie!! Me too, not losing, but at least not gaining...

well daylight savings time kicked my butt...I am going to go to bed...too tired to think!
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #37  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Wink Hello All

Hello All!

Wow its 67 and sunny here! Is it really November?! Not that I'm complaining or nothing, but wow I have this feeling once winter does hit us, its going to be BAD! I hope we are all moved by then!!!!

Does anybody here watch "The Big C"? I watched it lastnight and WOW......

Jules -- Yeah I absolutely HATE it having people wander and look through our house and our stuff! BLAH! I can't wait to move! I loved being Blonde, but it was so much work for me. But you know I've gotten more compliments on the Medium Intense Auburn that I did last time than I think I ever have before, so I guess this is the winner of them all! lol. I am letting mine grow out too only so they can change it to a different style. I thought it was time for a change.

Cristina -- it is really nice and big. I dunno what we'll do with all the space! HA! Once we're done painting and all unpacked and what not I will take some pics and share it with you all. Thanks I didn't WI yet this week. Totally forgot. GL with your dieting through the holidays! I am just gonna try not to totally pig out! Then begin again at the New Year. What a cop out, I know! LOL

Katy -- Hello! I managed to lose a pound last week and I dunno how either. I have yet to WI this week. Hmmmmm Vitamin D, eh? May have to try it.

Francie -- We don't like the crowds so we wait until its been shown a while before we go and see it. I am on Chapter 12 of Deathly Hallows. So not doing too badly with it. I had forgotten about a lot of little details so I am glad I am re-reading it. I hope we can get the Kinect too someday! I think it would be cool! LOL. U sound like me. I had big plans to get the kitchen clean, finish packing up the office and begin packing up the closets and well all I managed was cleaning up the kitchen so far. My back has been hurting me so I didn't wanna push it. Today I am feeling better so trying to get some things done!

Sue -- Lovely picture of your daughter and Great Granddaughter! They are both beautiful!

Well I need to check my email and then get my bum into gear! lol.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:51 PM   #38  
I was born this way hey!

Sue~ What a cutie your great granddaughter is!!

Jules~ I'm going to start dying my brows now, haha!!

Sassy~ We don't like crowds either..but we HAVE to see movies at the midnight showing. I think it's from all the anticipation. Deathly Hallows was so sad. Pretty much all my fave people died. It's going to be terrible to watch it on screen. I know I'm going to cry. Speaking of anticipation...I've been seeing all the Breaking Dawn pictures online. Now, I HATE that book..but just seeing the pics from set, has me really excited for part 1 of the movie. Part 2 is gonna be awful.

I FINALLY washed the dishes yesterday. It only took me an hour..so I dunno why I was complaining. Of course, I was angry and blasted my music really loud..so maybe that helped speed up the process.

Omg..okay..I have a major confession. Everyone knows that I'm a major fangirl. Well..I follow a lot of celebs on Twitter. Some have even written me back..like, some of the Twilight cast members (nobody major..one even blocked me, HAHA), Channing Tatum & his wife Jenna Dewan (she was in the first Step Up movie)..this one chick from a show on ABC Family..and even KATE WINSLET has tweeted me (that was pretty amazing. I will love her forever). I usually think it's pathetic when people beg for celebs to tweet them back. But somehow, I've turned into that person!! All I want is for this ONE guy to retweet something I say to him. I just want him to answer me. That is all I want!! I'm acting like a 12 year old again, and it's so sad..haha!! I haven't actually said "Hey Jared, tweet me back please" or anything that stupid..but inside my head I'm saying it over & over. Basically..I'm just glued to my twitter app, so I can tweet him the second he tweets something (this is probably called STALKING). I wish I put this much energy into something productive, LOL!! I need a life. However...I do have a friend who agrees with everything I'm doing. She thinks he's pretty hot too. So at least I have a one person support system, lol!! And for the record, I've been a fan of his for YEARS. He's a really good actor...and he has an amazing voice too. I LOVE the band he's in!! His being hot doesn't have much to do with it..lol!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 11-09-2010 at 02:55 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #39  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello all...

FRANCIE...you so crazy, lol! But my question is why is he not writing you back? Would probably take 2 minutes of his time, if that. Thanks for the heads up on the books...The Rosie one is on my list of to read, that and a couple others. I said I wasn't going to buy anymore books until I get the ones I have read, we'll see how long that lasts!

SASSY...can't wait to see pics of your place! Guess I am goofy too 'cause I couldn't find pictures of your new glasses on FB. Thanks for the reminder! I had gone to the eye doc a couple of weeks ago and ordered new glasses that day...wondered why they hadn't called yet so checked on them today and they were in, yay! Look almost the same, lol. Oh, I can skip winter for sure! Today, and yesterday we were at 76 warm degrees! Not really had a cold day yet!

KATY...that was nice of the hubby, seriously...doing something healthy for you for mothers day. WTG with your running and the 2 pounds! Thinking I gained them! I will have to try some Vitamin D for sure!

SUE...hoping the doctors appts went well and your and your mother enjoyed your day together. Such a sweet picture of your daughter and g-granddaughter...they grow too fast!

JULES...I never am satisfied with my hair. Once in a while I like a change...what I really need is a new hairdo and then the color probably wouldn't matter. Oh no...don't the kids know they CAN'T ever skip holidays at the mommas?! Josh is giving me a break this year, sort of. Charlotte has to work and he decided he is going to cook the turkey so we are going there. Of course I will end up cooking all the side dishes, lol.

Where the heck are you Ms SUSAN?! Hope you had a good day at work!

I feel so pooped! Running around too much for sure. DS#1 is coming over and cooking me dinner...so sweet of him. He texted earlier and asked if I wanted to come over but I declined...too tired so he said he would bring it here and cook if I would do the dishes...sounds good to me! Daughter and I put up the Christmas tree and have it decorated. I put purple lights in the LR window, did the table with a purple tablecloth, gold runner, with a purple plate/3 gold candles on it. Going to be simple with the decorations because I am not going out to buy a whole bunch of purple stuff. We did for the tree and I am pleased with it so...going to just put white/clear lights in the big tree out front, purple lights around the garage and purple & clear lights in the wreath and that is it! As of last year we decided to do a different color for the next few years...next year is pink (last year was a pale blue), the year after we are going to do A Christmas Story, lol. Even found some pretty purple Christmas cards, lol. That's what I have been doing the last two days, lol.

I gained almost 2 pounds (not quite 2 pounds but was enought that it put me back at 191.2) the last week and Sunday...was lazy last week with the dieting and exercise. Doing better this week, so far. Didn't walk today but did my 60 minutes at the mall yesterday. That's about all I have

Hope everyone had a nice Tuesday!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #40  
~Believe~

Hi Ya.

Well so much for me getting stuff done today. HA. Oh well. I have to go to the Dr. with my in-laws tomorrow so better save up my back for that. My MIL is having issues with her leg, her bad leg and she may have to have it amputated, so she is very upset with that of course. But my FIL just had eye surgery so he is on a weight limit so I have to go to load and unload the wheel chair for my MIL. I dread going because I don't think I can handle if she gets bad news about her leg. But they have no one else right now. DH is out of town. He will be back tomorrow but not until later.

Francie -- I understand that. We'd just rather wait than fight the crowds. UGH forgot about Breaking Dawn. When is that coming out again? Thats another book I will have to re-read I guess, but then again I never re-read the other ones. lol. Oh yes I know this HP will be so sad! I cried like a little baby at the last one and I knew what was going to happen! But I couldn't help it! But I was not the only one there crying! So I didn't feel so bad! lol. I honestly do not get Twitter. Maybe I just haven't gave it a chance. I know it took me a while before I became a fan of FB. I'm sure famous people get many many Tweets so maybe that could be why they aren't getting back. But you hear so many celebs that are totally hooked to their Twitter. So I dunno. I hope you hear back!

Cristina -- They are under the Whatever Album. But I will post a pic of them on here. Wow you have your tree up? Man. I will be majorly behind since we're moving. Plus with MIL, I dunno how Christmas will end up being this year......That was nice of your DS to bring you dinner and do dishes! Aw sorry about the almost +2 lbs. I have gained too since my vacation in Wisconsin and decided to heck with it for now until we move. lol. Great attitude, eh? LOL!

Take Care All!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-03-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:34 AM   #41  
I was born this way hey!

Cristina~ Purple? I LOVE purple!! Please post some pictures! He probably hasn't seen my tweets. He's has a ton of followers, and probably gets a ton of tweets in a min. I wish he would though...it would totally make my day, lol!! Oh well..I can wait.

Sassy~ The new glasses look really cute on you! Omg..I cried like a baby during the last movie!! When I re-read Half Blood Prince, I was BAWLING!!! It was just so sad..and Harry was sooo sad too The next Twi movie comes out Nov 2011. Part 2 will be out July or June 2012. So at least we'll get to see how the movie ends before the world ends, LOL!! I love Twitter. I didn't get addicted to it until I got my 1st iPhone. He gets a ton of tweets..so oh well. A girl can dream, right? I love it that you can follow celebs and see what they're up to daily, lol! Plus..I met a lot of my friends on Twitter too. So it has a plus side. You should get back into it. You can follow all kinds of strange people..lol!! I love the random facts..they are so strange and hilarious. You can also follow me...and see how strange I really am, LOL!!!

I made a really good dinner tonight. I made a whole chicken (lemon), risotto, & veggies. YUM!! I also made wheat & gluten free brownies. I thought it was going to taste weird..but it was really GOOD!!! I bought mix for soy, wheat & gluten free cookies too. Can't wait to try that out.

Okay..I haven't had a good rest in 2 days. I'm actually feeling really sleepy right now, so I'm going to pass out now. Night!!

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 11-10-2010 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 07:27 PM   #42  
ugggg.....

gosh you guys are busy posters!!

Sassy--if I remember right I loved your hair the last time you did a red...it really compliments you!!

Francie--the fans are what makes them stars....shouldn't be too much to tweet them...

well...I am off still tired and ready for bed way too early since the time change

Cristina--I know right....it hasn't been fully decided yet..
jules1216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 09:29 PM   #43  
I can dream, can't I?

Two more appts. today...I feel like I am running constantly. It isn't that bad, but just feels like it.
Watched Mason 6 hours yesterday and 2 1/2 today. Boy, he has the energy. I know why 62 year old grannies don't have babies...whew! But dang is he just so-so cute.

Mom had to go on 2 inhalers and get a handicap parking card...she is not to be outdoors in the cold. Pulmonary troubles now.
It just goes from one malady to another, but she is hanging in there.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:52 AM   #44  
I was born this way hey!

Jules~ You have no idea how quickly all the tweets build up. When I got this Twilight thing before everyone else did..I got 200 tweets from people in 10 mins. I couldn't even answer them all!!

Sue~ Your mom is a strong lady At least she gets the good parking now. Although..I hate it when lazy people park there.

Sassy~ I was looking at the calander yesterday..and I noticed that The Deathly Hallows comes out NEXT THURSDAY!!! I can't believe it!!! You should join twitter & follow Tom Felton aka Draco Malfoy. He is so awesome!! He's been talking about the HP premiere for a few days now.

You know..I was thinking about Twitter. And it's lucky that Jake Gyllenhaal doesn't have it. Because I think I'd be going 20x more crazy if he did. LoL!! Has anyone seen the previews for his new movie, Love & Other Drugs?? I cannot wait to see that!!! His eyes just look sooo blue and he looks sooo beautiful!! *sigh* I showed the trailer to Fonzo a few months ago, and I was really surprised when he said he wanted to see it. He dislikes anything that is a romantic comedy (and he won't ever admit to liking any..even though he does, LOL).

BTW...here is my twitter in case anyone wants to join & add me. http://twitter.com/#!/ABeautifulLie03

I had a really terrible day. I fell asleep at 2am, then woke up at 5am. I stayed awake until 11am. I woke up at 7:30PM!!! I couldn't believe I slept that long. And of course Fonzo didn't wake me up because he was too busy playing video games. He has today (thursday) off. We're supposed to go to the Baltimore Aquarium, because he gets in free. So I hope we can go...
Old 11-11-2010, 03:19 PM   #45  
~Believe~

Hi Ya Chicks!

Well I spent most of the day/evening/night yesterday at the hospital. My MIL was admitted. She went to her Dr. because her leg was really bothering that she has had several surgeries on. So I went with her and FIL to the dr as my FIL just had Cateract Surgery and was on a weight limit so they needed me to go along to get the wheelchair in and out and to push MIL. So as soon as she got into the Dr. he did a direct admit to the hospital. She had a 104.5 fever!

So off we went to the hospital. Luckily while we were at the inlaws packing up my mil's things, my DH got back into town from his business trip. So we all were off to the hospital to get MIL all checked in. She has a really NICE room! Its HUGE! But anyways, she is going to have emergency surgery tonight at 5:30 pm. So please send out lots of positive vibes and prayers! I hope it goes well for her as she has been through SO much! I will update you either tonight or tomorrow after its done.

Francie--Thanks I'm lovin' my new glasses! I think I am gonna get me some Sunglasses too! Did you see the HP premiere that was live in England? I watched it was pretty cool seeing all the actors. Even had the dude who does Dobby on there! Really Cool! I'm loving re-reading the book, but yes it is very sad and yes your right Harry was so sad himself and you really get into it and really start feeling what all the characters feel. Maybe I'll get on Twitter and check it out. I can't wait until the next Twilight! I should re-read that book too.

Jules -- Thanks. I have gotten so many compliments on this red since I dyed it. I think Red is my color.

Sue -- I hope and pray your Mom feels better. Glad she got the parking. I know that makes all the difference. My In-laws have it. I felt so bad for my FIL yesterday. He just had cataract surgery and now MIL has emergency surgery tonight. You can tell he is just so worried about her and yet feels bad himself. Big

Well you have a Great Day!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-11-2010 at 03:21 PM.