Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 AM   #121  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Happy Tuesday -- just got happier for me when I realized it IS Tuesday, not Monday. I had a nice little break from dieting for Thanksgiving dinner and had a few things that don't really fit my plan yesterday too. So getting my head around the concept of "back on plan" today. Got lots of exercise over the weekend, anyway, and now I'm suited up to go out for a run as soon as it gets light out.

I'm going to have to face the fact that I've got to be stricter if I want to lose weight. When I was younger, I would have been losing doing what I'm doing but... I'm no spring chickie anymore. C'est la vie.

Auntie g, let's just keep coming in and announcing our intention to do right. I'm thinking of starting a 21-day challenge -- sometimes when I do that I'm on Day 1 for a week but eventually I get rolling.

Bwaaaaahahahaha! No, probably not a good idea to get the roof guy drunk before he assesses your sitch.

Mel, look at you GO! You'll be in Onederland in no time! Yeah, the weekends fly by. I had four days and can't believe it's over already. On the bright side, the weeks are flying too. And I'm planning some fun things to get me through the week.

Liz, way to scare DH! I've enjoyed being a mom all the way through -- my boy's 32. There are always challenging times but overall, it's pretty rewarding.

I didn't realize you were Canadian too. Hope you had a nice TDay!

Hey Carri!

Okay, it's almost light enough out there to Maybe one. more.

Let's make this a good one!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #122  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Thanks Arabella! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #123  
It is what it is...

Good Morning Girls ...sorry I have been MIA for a few days ...was basically just eating, haha ...yesterday we started a new weight loss challenge here at work, started yesterday and ends Dec 17th ..winner gets 100.00 ...so that should keep me on the straight and narrow, however - we are going away for the weekend to French Lick here this weekend and I am sure I wont do great but that is just one set back, ya gotta live...

Liz - you are doing such an amazing job...cant believe that you are now in the 180's ...boy do you make me jealous....but you also inspire me and I know I can get back on track

Auntie G - I am right there with ya, you and I back and forth, back and forth - we can get a grasp again though ...

Man, all this talk of Thanksgiving makes me want some warm turkey with all the fixings ...but we have a ways to go though ...well over a month...

Arabella - yeah unfortunately the older we get the harder it is ...that is why I need to start focusing NOW !!

Mel - great job on the loss....I cant drink soy milk either...but am wanting to try the almond milk and see how I feel about that...

well you all have a great day, talk to you soon.
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 08:00 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Arabella - Glad to hear you had a good Thanksgiving! Hope you also enjoyed your run. I had started C25K a while back but then fell off the wagon completely. I hope to get back on soon!

Mel - Hope you're doing well!

Carri - Glad to see you! Thanks for the comments! A $100 prize would be really nice, you could spend it on new clothes!

Well I had a good thanksgiving, I planned out what I was going to eat beforehand but didn't eat that much and ended up being able to have a snack later on. I absolutely love my after-the-kids-are-in-bed snack. I settle in with some crackers and PB and a cup of diet hot chocolate. BLISS! At thanksgiving my sister said something sort of silly - she said I was getting too skinny. And she said it seriously. Kind of crazy, no??? I don't know where that might have come from, I mean clearly I am not too skinny!! lol anyways I thought it was weird. Hope everybody had a great day today, time for my snack!!
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 05:41 AM   #125  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Morning again! I took my mom out for a drive to look at the leaves (which are not very vivid this year) and for a little walk in the woods yesterday evening. She needs a walker and can't go very far but she likes to get out there. Came back and watched an old movie, had Caesar salad with leftover turkey and sweet potato fries. And then finished off the TDay desserts. 1/2 slice of pumpkin pie and a small slice of ginger cake. Oh well. They're gone now. Onward!

Still dark out but I'm thinking I'll have and then get out for a walk while it's quiet.

Carri, I'd love to do a weight loss challenge but it'd have to be in the right group. "sorry I have been MIA for a few days ...was basically just eating"

Liz, the snack/ peace combination is hard to beat. It's great when you can have it, appreciate it and not just keep going.

Mel, Auntie g

Okay, it's a fresh new day with no mistakes in it yet. Let's make it a good one!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 08:24 AM   #126  
One Day at a Time...

Carri- Hope you have a great time in French Lick this weekend!

Liz- Sounds like a compliment! Glad you had a great Thanksgiving! I love my little snack at night too (as long as its before 8 pm )

Arabella- Have a great walk!

Hi Auntie!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far,its almost half way over! I am hoping for a 1 lb loss since I am waiting for TOM to get here fun fun lol
Old 10-13-2010, 08:07 PM   #127  

Mel - I should take it as a compliment I guess! The only thing is she has made comments about my weight in the past...for example surprised that I ordered a salad this one time at lunch...so I guess I just am a little wary of her sometimes!

Anyhoo off to doggy class so must dash, but hope everybody had a great day, and I will be checking in with you all tomorrow!
Old 10-14-2010, 08:46 AM   #128  
One Day at a Time...

I totally see your point Liz. She has no right to make little comments on what YOU choose to eat! That would definitely rub me the wrong way. But you are rocking this and deserve credit for all your hard work

Well TOM attacked me today and I am miserable. Saturdays weigh in will probably be a bust but life goes on
Old 10-14-2010, 09:20 AM   #129  

Mel - Yeah you're right life goes on! The joys of being female, eh??? Oh well.

My sister is having her baby today! She is being induced a couple of weeks early due to a few issues she has been having, she had to have a number of in-utero blood transfusions for the baby, it's been scary (I didn't even know you could give a fetus a blood transfusion!!). But all seems well and although he will be in the NICU for a few days, my new nephew will be here soon!!
Old 10-14-2010, 10:20 AM   #130  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls - not too much going on here, gearing up for my French Lick trip and looking forward to getting it behind me and coming back to start back in and kicking Fats butt !!!

Liz - congrats for the new family member, here's to a happy healthy baby

Arabella - yeah after reading my comment about being MIA and just eating I had to laugh too ...it was funny but true, haha

Mel - I have said it once and I will say it again, thank GOD for my bc pills and that fact that I only have a period ever three months...hope yours isnt too bad...I feel for ya

Hi ya Auntie G

Hope ya all have a great day !!
Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #131  

Carri - I don't remember reading about your trip, what exactly is a french lick trip?? lol

I was so excited yesterday, the baby was supposed to be taken to the NICU right away but we got there at the perfect time and got to hold him for a few minutes - bliss!! Gotta love newborn babies. Anyhow weigh in day for me, 3.4 lbs down! I am within a couple of pounds of DH now...it'll really be nice to weigh less than him, but my real motivation is to leave behind the "obese" category....only 10.2 pounds to go. I bought a pair of size 12 jeans yesterday, they are a tiny bit tight but totally wearable, I love them!! DH was like "more new clothes??" but I told him to get used to it!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:45 PM   #132  
One Day at a Time...

Congrats on the loss Liz! You are superwoman!

Have fun on your trip Carri!

I woke up with a killer sore throat and ear pain. Just my luck TOM and this on a Friday Hope everyone has a great weekend! If my weigh in is bad tmw I'm not even going to count it bc of TOM!
Old 10-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #133  

Mel - Yeah TOM screws everything up. Thanks for the congrats, I'm surprised I'm still losing large amounts but my friend was telling me the longer she nursed, the more she seemed to lose...it doesn't make sense to me since she's eating so many solids now but hey I'll take it! I just wonder how things will go when she weans. Oh well time will tell! Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hope everybody has a great day today, it's a gorgeous day here! We're enjoying lots of outside time with the puppy!

Last edited by sept15lija; 10-15-2010 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-16-2010, 11:32 AM   #134  
One Day at a Time...

Weigh in day and I was 203.8 so a 1.2 pound loss. I am happy to have that with TOM in full force and being sick.
Hope everyone has a great weekend,we are going to try to go to a smaller pumpkin patch I just hope I make it lol
Old 10-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #135  

WOO HOO Mel!! That's awesome! Hope you have a good time at the pumpkin patch!