Old 10-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 241.5/ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Carri, you scared me there, with the Charlie brown thing- I was afraid Big Bang wasn't going to be on! Looked it up, and all is well. Charlie Brown's on ABC. Gotta have me some Sheldon tonight! (I'll catch up with the Great Pumpkin later...)
auntie g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 05:11 PM   #182  
One Day at a Time...

S/C/G: 242/Ticker/168

Height: 5'9"

Hey ladies!
One huge batch of snicker cookies and another huge batch of snicker doodles down! Making it from scratch took forever so I hope they like everything. I had a BITE of a snicker cookie and 4 snicker doodles (they are about the size of a quarter round). The pumpkin pies are in the oven and dinner is cooking. After I eat dinner I am going to chill out!

Carri- Yes it is the same thing...its sooooo good but so bad! LOL I am going to make it tomorrow so I can bring it to a party Sat. Congrats on being OP all week!!

Liz- I hate that you are still sick!!! I really hope that you fell better very soon! I am sure you will see a loss soon since your body has been losing quite regularly.

LOL Auntie...I know how you feel I would be upset too if they didn't show one of my weekly shows!

Off to finish dinner then watch a little TV since DH is taking Cody to scouts later(Logan is my cuddle buddy). I have also got into Drop dead diva (think that's the name of the show) I got Season 1 Disc 2 in the mail today from netflix!
Rtsmme4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #183  
It is what it is...

Morning Gargoyles, haha

Well I started my TOM this morning...and are having some pretty lovely cramps...must be my Halloween treat huh ? So feeling pretty crappy...also doesnt help that dh's chili is tearing thru my intestines with great force...lol

Liz - so sorry to hear that you are still having such a hard time getting rid of that..I know it takes a while, hope you get better asap.

Mel - those cookies sound GREAT !! and of course the mud pie does too, but I dont like pumpkin pies so I am good on that ...dh got a new Edys ice cream flavor called pumpkn pie, he loves it, and of course i dont...

Well Girls have a great weekend, I will try and stay OP through the cramps and see what happens...

Carri
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 10:47 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Carri - Sorry to hear about TOM! Always such fun, isn't it?? Hope you're feeling better soon!

Well for me, exactly the same weight! Kind of annoying, but oh well! I know it will come off soon. I'm starting to wonder about my calories though, I'm still at between 1400-1500, I wonder if I start to need to think about dropping it a bit. I'll see what happens over the next couple of weeks.
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 12:24 PM   #185  
One Day at a Time...

Carri- I'm sorry that TOM caught up with you! But at least you won't have it for Christmas right? I got switched to the every 3 month pills like you and I start them at the end of this pack. This may be TMI but is the one period you do get worse then if you had it every month?

Liz- Don't beat yourself up over no loss for a week, you have done soooooo well! Is Friday your official weigh in day? Did the lose it app say you should be below 1400...that seems like it would be to low.

I hope everything has a great weekend and Halloween,I will be checking in during the weekend since it helps me stay on track!

And I will post pics of myself and the kids dressed up for Halloween next week....it should be interesting haha
Old 10-30-2010, 07:20 AM   #186  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Hard to believe it's near the end of October, Halloween and almost November. Where does the time go? I don't feel sick any more, just tired, so I guess that's progress. Wouldn't it be sweet to be full of energy? Maybe some day...

I used to always go out to a dance on Halloween and I sure miss it. Maybe next year.

I had a good day yesterday, after a couple of days where I got the teeniest bit slack. No binges or anything, but my afternoon snacks were bigger than they needed to be. Going to nip that trend in the bud.

It used to be that Halloween was pretty scary. Add a big bowl of little chocolate bars to end-of-month deadlines and... you can guess the rest. I hesitate to say I'm over it but it's been years. I haven't bought the candy yet. I usually give the leftovers to DS, who can use the calories.

I'm going to whip up some homemade Larabars. So good and completely natural and sugar-free. I used to make something similar that totally worked for a chocolate craving. Thinking it's a good idea to have a number of healthy, not overly calorific snacks on hand so I don't eat my way through the cupboards looking for satisfaction.

Liz, I don't know if these are the same ailments here but there seem to be a couple of things making the rounds that just last for freakin' ever. Hope you feel better soon!

When my son was a toddler, he did the middle-of the night playtime thing fairly often. He was always at his most adorable then, though, which made it hard to be cranky.

Mel, wow -- so much baking! I cook a lot but I rarely bake. For me, the fewer baked goods the better. Altogether a good thing for me to stay clear, not that I don't like them. Love your Halloween line-up!

Carri, good thing that TOM is an infrequent visitor -- sounds like he's not very pleasant. Didn't have such options back in my day.

Auntie g, how goes it?

All right. Another dunk and then I'm off for a little through the woods. Have a fantabulous day!
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #187  
One Day at a Time...

After hiding the scale for the past few days I hopped on and saw 204.2. I am really happy with that! That's 1.4 down from last Saturday and 1 pound down from last Sunday lol I know that I won't lose 2.2 pounds by tomorrow and that's OK! I will get there eventually and try not to beat myself up about it! I hope everyone has a great Saturday!
Old 10-30-2010, 10:50 AM   #188  

WOO HOO Mel! WTG! Absolutely you will get there. You're doing awesome! You know I checked out loseit (I haven't been using it, downloaded it a long time ago and did nothing with it) and it says I should be eating 1192! I think I'm definitely dropping it to no more than 1400. Prior to the last couple of weeks, I'd been staying probably around 1300, and then with being sick I've been sticking around 1500. Maybe that's a maintenance level for me right now? Anyways I'm going back down to around 1300 and we'll see what happens!

Arabella - What are larabars? I'm always looking for a low calorie chocolate fix!

Hope everybody has a great day, we're getting all the kids together for a pic in their halloween costumes, I'll be sure to post some in the next few days so you can see my little dragon and my strawberry!!
Old 10-30-2010, 09:40 PM   #189  

Good grief, Charlie Brown! I'm down 5 lbs this morning and forgot to check in! Well, I probably put it back on at dinner tonight anyway , but hopefully not. We went to Olive Garden, and that's never a calorically good choice, but it only happens once or twice a year, so, such is life...

Mel, hurray for a good weigh in! And with all that baking, too... You'll be at your goal in no time!

Carri, hope you're staying OP, but even if not, maybe that chili will force any damage down the drain, so to speak. I'm bummed because it's the Eagles bye week, so I thought I'd keep an eye on your game tomorrow, but noooo, they have to be the Monday night game. What a lousy football day! Guess I'll watch the Redskins game since that's where my ex-QB is. Sigh...

Arabella, I'm wondering about the Larabars, too. I looked them up and found that they're some sort of natural fruit and nut energy bars, but what do you actually put in them?

Liz, good luck with the calorie cutback - that's the worst part of actually succeeding with weight loss! Well, of course there's that pesky buying of new clothes, too... Can't wait to get there, myself!

Happy Halloween to all, and hands off the chocolate!
Old 10-31-2010, 08:50 AM   #190  

auntie g - WTG on 5 pounds gone!! WOW! Yeah I definitely don't mind the buying new clothes bit, and I guess that comes along with lower calories, oh well!!

Off to a Halloween festival today, and then it's off to visit Dad with the kids so he can see them dressed up (my Dad lives in a nursing home) and then trick or treating! Tons of fun today! Hope everybody has a wonderful halloween and to echo auntie g, hands off the chocolate!!! haha
Old 10-31-2010, 12:58 PM   #191  
One Day at a Time...

I went to a little party last night and had about 2 1/2 beers (1st beer in like a year since I'm not a drinker lol). I guess it dehydrated me bc I was 203.4 this morning....I'm sure it will be gained back in water weight soon lol I hope everyone has a great Halloween!
Old 11-01-2010, 07:18 AM   #192  

Oh boy, we only had my niece, nephews and a few of their friends trick-or-treat here last night. Too much chocolate plus not enough kids equals TROUBLE! I'm going to try to hide the rest in the freezer for emergency use only.

How did you all do last night?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:39 AM   #193  
It is what it is...

Morning Girls - had a great weekend, even though I am on my TOM and having some cramping...

Mel - its not TMI, haha...I would be happy to answer any questions as i have been on these now for almost 2 years ...and no the period I get is not any worse than the normal ones I would get every month...and yes you are right, at least I wont have it for Christmas Good job on the loss !!

Liz - I was thinking you were probably eating too many calories, I mean I am eating about 1480 per day I weight alot more than you ...I bet kicking it down some ( even if only 100 ) will kick start your weight loss back up.

Auntie G - oh yeah his chili definitely did move things around for me, haha
I HATE Monday night football...I can never stay up that long, it sucks...and yeah I did pretty good on the Halloween candy, I did have about 4 fun size candy bars but I didnt think that was too horrible

Arabella - the year really has flown by huh? Thanksgiving will be here soon, I am already starting to plan out my menu, dh has his parents over and we make dinner, then they make Christmas dinner ...works out well for us...glad you are feeling better, hope some energy comes back your way !!!!

I was able to stay OP most of the weekend with the exception of Saturday night, our friends had a small halloween party and she is mexican, she made authentic tostadas ( shells are deepfried, homemade refried beans made with lard ), so had some of those, that were not calorie friendly but right back on the next day, weighed in this morning for our weight loss challenge here at work and was down 2 pds even on TOM so I am happy with that.

See ya later
Carri
Old 11-01-2010, 11:10 AM   #194  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

We had about 35 lobsters, princesses, vampires, witches and unidentifiable entities last night. More than we'd had in a few years. I've still got some little chocolate bars but I'll donate them to DS and his GF.

Auntie -- FIVE down? Larabars are basically a combination of dates and chopped nuts but there are tons of different flavors. You can add in just about anything. There are recipes for peanut-butter cup flavor, carrot cake, lemon coconut, key lime pie, chocolate, etc. They really taste like candy -- much more delicious than your average energy bar. Typically about 200 calories but very satisfying and filling, so not bad for a snack. Here's a page of links to recipes.

Good luck on hiding the leftovers in the freezer. I've been successful with that tactic, although I've also been sitting quietly and had a lightbulb go on over my head "HEY!!! There's CHOCOLATE in the freezer!" Yup, I think I'm going to have to donate my excess.

Mel, nice WI! Congrats!

Liz, as you see above, they aren't quite low-cal but they really do the trick.

Carri

K, I'm out of here before I accidentally close this window and lose my post.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2010, 11:14 AM   #195  
It is what it is...

Auntie G - dear Lord ! How did I overlook your 5 pd loss , I am so bad, haha ....CONGRATS on that loss that is a great number for the week...keep it up !!!!