Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #91  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Default pix..

The first pix is the movie star from One Life to Live Soap...Nic Robuck who plays James on the right, and Tyler is the co-producer of the show Apprentice.

Second pix is of me tubing....hahahahha I still hurt.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg One Life to Live Nic Robuck.jpg (9.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Tubing 9.2010.jpg (12.4 KB, 16 views)
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #92  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

A VERY

Hope you have a fabulous birthday and that your back gives you a year long gift by being happy for a change. Happy birthday my friend - it's a good day to celebrate

Last edited by happy2bme; 09-09-2010 at 12:49 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 07:27 AM   #93  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I have to leave work early today to get my hair done so I have to get to work early. No time to post right now. Hope everyone has a good day and

happy happy birthday to you Michelle hope it's a day of fun and wonderful surprises for you!

Thanks for the reminder Mel
Old 09-09-2010, 08:18 AM   #94  
Annie - Indiana

What a glorious day to have a birthday Chelle....and many more, my friend.

xoxoxoxoxAnnie
Old 09-09-2010, 08:37 AM   #95  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies -

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!! You're all such wonderful sista friends!! It's been a crazy busy birthday already. Up at 4:30 to get Doppler all set and ready to go to the vet for his cataract surgery. Then on the way to work, I had to stop and find donuts or bagels to bring to work as it's the tradition that the person whose birthday it is brings in the treats. I should've bought or made something last night as there is nothing open at 5:30 am when I'm on my way to work...not even the grocery stores, which I thought were open 24 hours. I was nearly late. But the donuts, mini-muffins and I arrived safely and on time. Even though they're at my desk, I'm not really tempted. Plus, I had a big breakfast when I got here of an Egg Beater and veggie omelet.

I might've taken my birthday off work, but I have so little vacation time left. DH is taking the day off today and he just texted me that he has just left to take Doppler to the vet. I'm gonna worry about my little guy all day.

I've got a b'day migraine...probably from the stress about Doppler and from running around this morning. I took a couple Aleve and hopefully it will go away soon. I'm scheduled to have PT at lunch time.

Tonight, it will be a quiet evening at home caring for, and babying, Doppler. I'm hoping DMIL fixes dinner, but if she doesn't then we can get take out. We went out last weekend for birthday dinner to one of my fave restaurants. And the NFL season starts tonight...so we'll be watching football on TV.

With the migraine and the bit of back pain I'm having, I think a pain-free b'day is not realistic...except for after I get home and can take one of my prescriptions. But a pain free year where I can lose about 40 lbs and get fit is realistic and would be a great present!

Happy - I wish I'd been online to chat with you the other night...but I'm never up as late as you and Annie are. You're right...I have lived all over. Up until I was 10, I lived in VT, NH and MA. Then I moved to CA. Then moved to WA with my ex when he was in the Army. Then back to CA and now in WI. New England autumns are beautiful. Even prettier than WI autumns.

Annie - I hope you won the lottery so we can start our commune. I used the TENS on and off all day yesterday and it helped. I was rushing around and didn't get a chance to put it on this morning before I got dressed...but I brought it with so I can put it on later...or the PT can put it on me after I'm done with traction. James and Tyler are definitely adorable. So that's what you meant by tubing. For some reason, I thought you meant tubing as in down a river. It looks like you were having a blast!!

Mel - I'm glad you're world isn't quite as out of control. I hope your trip to TJ's and your meeting with the banker both go well. After all that is done...you relax, young lady!

Shad - I hope you are enjoying your long weekend. Have you heard anything about your cousin and family yet?

Ceejay - I hope your sinuses clear up and you get some relief soon.

Laura - We had big winds all weekend and into the early part of the week. Lots of tree debris down everywhere. It was weird. I don't think we've ever had as fierce storms and damaging winds since we moved to WI 9 years ago. Good for you for getting to the gym! I hope your eyes are feeling better. I'm glad to hear that the shot helped your foot. I hope it continues to feel better.

Lots of work to get done today, even though it's my birthday! Not fair!

Love and hugs,
Old 09-09-2010, 08:56 AM   #96  
Annie - Indiana

Good Moring on this glorious day in Indy! Was 55 degrees on the way to work, almost turned on the heat in the car....I refuse to give in to that just yet.....Sun is shining and it feels great out there.....hmmmm, what a great day for a birthday, Chelle....

Chelle...yes tubing = being towed behind a speed boat, very fast, hitting waves and wakes that beat you half to death, and that is so fun, I laughed my arse off. Not as achy today but am still feeling it. Doppler will do just fine, no need to worry about him. I am sure he is in good hands. Bless his heart. Send DMIL telepathy messages to fix dinner. I will too, maybe between the two of us she will get the hint.

Happy.....I love getting my hair done as I love someone just messing with my hair/head...of course, someone is always messing with my head...lol Have a great day snookems..

Mellie...hope your day is going well at the bankers.

Shaddie...enjoying a few days off?

Ceejay...working or off today?

Laura...Did you make it to the train station on time?

Best get to work...got lots to do and a short time to do it in. Life moves so quickly when you don't want it to.

Loves and Hugs
Old 09-09-2010, 11:27 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Annie
I'm off today. This is my 4 day week end. Yipee. I was ready for it last night at 7 p.m. I had a rough 4 day's last week. Your tubing looked like fun. I'm jealous that you got to meet the guy who plays James in person.

Michelle
Happy birthday. Hope I'm not too late. Doppler will do good. keeping him in my thoughts today. We have a new donut shop in town. Think I'll stop by and see if they are any good.

My neighbors has a couple of dogs who stay outside and one is continuously barking. I think she is lonely. This week I've noticed around 6 puppies and she's having a good time trying to keep them in line.

My uncle called to tell me this is the week end for the uncles to get together. He's wanting me to come tomorrow for some unknown reason.
My co-worker called this morning and asked if I could work on the next week end. It's not a 2 week notice but I said yes. I may have to have a spur of the moment notice one day. She gave me the excuse of her mil needing to go out of town but I also know that is is her birthday week end. I'm to the point I don't care any more.

I also called my sister who lives in Dallas to check on them. I've been hearing and seeing reports of flood waters. Luckily they were not affected.

More later.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:57 PM   #98  
Choose your hard

Ack - spend 20 minutes writing a post and I went to take a sip of my tea and bumped my keyboard and LOST THE WHOLE POST.

I have an abbreviated lunch today so I don't have time to re-do it.

Hope all goes well for Doppler Michelle. Is it both eyes or just one?

You doing ok Mel? We missed you this morning Here's a in case you need to pursuade anyone otherwise

Sorry I can't repost to everyone. Stupid PC. Stupider nut behind the keyboard (me).

Later ladies...
Old 09-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #99  

Hi everyone. Just saying hi. I'm on lunch break during a training class. So far so good, hoping the afternoon session will be really productive. And that's the main topic of the training too. Will have to catch up later.

Hope everyone is having a good day, be it Thursday or Friday.

Laura
Old 09-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #100  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I am alive, just that I forgot ???? to post yesterday. Must be enjoying my days off too much.

Went off to the doctor yesterday - not my usual who apparently has Thursdays and weekends off these day - who spared me a couple of glances, said my BP wasn't too bad but not as good as previously, printed out two pieces of paper from the computer and sent me on my way. I filled the script yesterday and I'm off down to get the blood test shortly. Done with that lot for another 6 months hopefully. However I have just remembered it is mammogram year and I should be thinking about that as well. Ah well, I will give them a call when I get back from dracula's den.

Ceejay - nice of you to do a worker a favour. As you say, you may need help one day. It's a good one to have in the bag.

Happy - well not so happy that you lost a post - I know the feeling well. Wish I had been around when you and Annie were chatting on facebook.

Michelle - hope all goes well for the dog and for your back. Although I fail to see how the back will co-operate if you don't give it some rest and relaxation. It's all go with you girl. Oh and happy birthday to our birthday girl. Lots of love and have a good day.

Annie - now you are into meeting up with famous people hey? Will we see you on our lowly end of facebook now?

Laura - hope the training all goes well and you learn heaps.

I'd better go have a shower and get down to the joint. I can't eat yet until I have been and I have a thumping sinus headache. Time to get on with the day

Last edited by Shad; 09-09-2010 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:51 PM   #101  

Michelle - Tried to get this posted before I left work, but the page got hung up. Since you had to work, it wasn't the ideal b-day, but I hope you're having a nice evening. Good to hear Doppler did well in surgery!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:26 PM   #102  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Told you that you would be the first to hear.

The family tree is all present and accounted for, including a cousin of my fathers whom I had forgotten. My cousin has little damage apart from some house contents and my dad's cousin had some problems with the house and the hot water system. Other than that, all are okay - frightened and tense due to the aftershocks which are continuing, but okay.
Old 09-09-2010, 11:30 PM   #103  
Choose your hard

Aftershocks STILL????????

Glad to hear they are all ok though.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:08 AM   #104  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING LADIES OF THE WORLD!
AND A VERY HAPPY FRIDAY/SATURDAY TO YOU ALL.
HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND.

I CANCELLED MY TRIP TO TRADER JOE'S. THE CHECKS DIDN'T CLEAR FROM WORK...IT'S A NO WONDER...THEY WAITED TILL ALMOST 4PM TO GVE ME THE "EXTRA" CHECK AND THE BANKER COULD DO NOTHING ABOUT SPEEDING UP THE CLEARING OF IT. HE HAD LOTS OF GREAT IDEAS FOR SOMEONE ELSE...NOT ME. I ALSO HAD A PHONE INTERVIEW WITH THE GOVT ABOUT THE CHECKING ACCOUNT FIASCO. THEY TOLD ME TO BE AGGRESSIVE...LIKE I WASN'T
NOTHING NEW HERE. HAVE A GREAT DAY

SHAD....THANK GOD THE FAMILY IS SAFE. JEN CALLED LAST NIGHT TO ASK. I'LL TELL HER TONITE WHEN SHE CALLS BACK. BET YOU ARE RELIEVED. I HEARD ON TV THAT THERE IS A LOT OF "SHIFTING" GOING ON WITH THOSE PLATES. SCARY STUFF

CEEJAY.....HOPE YOU ENJOY THE 4 DAY WEEKEND. HAVE FUN WITH THE UNCLES...THEY PROBABLY MISS YOUR COMPANY!! AND I BET THE PUPPIES ARE ADORABLE!!
MICHELLE....HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH DOPPLER AND YOU GET TO RE-CELEBRATE YOUR BIRTHDAY OVER THE WEEKEND

ANNIE...GOOD LOOKING KIDS AND WATER ACTIVITIES!! MUST HAVE BEEN A GREAT WEEKEND!! I AM STILL LAUGHING AT THE GRAPES COUNTING! IT HELPED ME GET THRU YESTERDAY.

HAPPY...WHEN I LOOKED AT THE CALENDAR FOR TJ'S TRIP, I SAW MICHELLES'S BD THERE GOOD THING I LOOKED!! THAT'S WHY I POSTED THE NIGHT BEFORE...I WAS GOING TO BE BUSY ALL DAY. HOPE YOU HAVE SOME TEA TIME TODAY BUT WITHOUT THE LOST POST!!

LAURA...HAPPY FRIDAY TO YOU! ARE THERE STILL TRAINING CLASSES TODAY?? HOPE YOU GET TO SEE THE SUNSHINE THIS GLORIOUS FRIDAY!!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:45 AM   #105  
Annie - Indiana

HAPPY FRIDAY and yes TGIF FO SHO.......

What a glorious day it is outside, perfect temp, NOT ONE cloud in they blue beautiful sky. That is unusual for Indy. I had to drag myself in here today. I am leaving early today as I have Joel Osteen tickets for tonight and need to pick DD up at work, then pick up a friend and head downtown. If you don't know Joel, google him, he is such a positive preacher. Promise you will love him.

Got home from work last night, hit the garage door opener and nothing. Finally manhandled the door to about a foot opening, crawled in under the door in my dress clothes no less, the spring is broke, so now I have to get a garage door dude out to get that fixed. Dang it, always something. My brother stopped by last night at 10:30 to check it out for me, he agreed, spring broke, need a garage door dude.

Chelle...glad to hear Doppler is doing well. Take good care of him. RE-celebrate your BD...so it will be all about you.

Shad...yes, mammograms are very important...my momma was a 17 year survivor of breast cancer after masectomy, too sad her kidneys got her in the end. God rest her soul. So glad to hear your family is all accounted for with minor issues.

Laura...still in training?? Learning lots?? I have no more brain capacity to learn anything else. It is plumb full of useless crap....lol

MELLIE...girl all I can say about all the bank issues is...all good things come to those who wait. Need a care package of food just hit me up, I am sure to find something to send you. I will even go light on the jalapenos. lol

Happy...I just hate it when I feel I have the best ever post going on, then lose it. Try again today, my dear.

That about covers it for me. Have a marvelous day/weekend..Joel Osteen for me tonight, CVS 9-5pm tomorrow, Baby shower on Sunday about an hours drive away in Bedford, Indiana, south of Bloomington, home of the IU Hoosiers.

Much love and many hugs,
Closed Thread