Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 01:57 PM   #31  

Good Lordy wimmin! You make my day.

Peachers, sorta braggie and stupid is neither one. If ya can't toot your own horn around here, where else? I'd work the guilt angle for all it's worth with Herbie. It's good for him to shower you with gifts and such. He needs it for his own mental health. So you're really getting a new car for his benefit.

Sugar P, don't you love having a DH who is smart enough to make a new car out of body parts? My DH can take an old rust bucket and make it into a beautiful collectors car. DS is following in his daddy's footsteps. He has his car completely taken apart and is painting it next weekend. I think it's amazing that my little boy can paint cars and make them look like new.

Cherry, I've seriously considered buying some Firm tapes, but I bought Leslie Sansone's "Walk Off the Pounds" and I've only done it a couple times. I don't suppose the Firm tapes work if you don't actually put them in the VCR, right?

Lush, congrats on losing the stress weight. I keep telling myself that I can settle for the weight I am now, too, but as soon as I settle for that weight, I gain 5 more pounds.

Hey! we have some new smilies!!

Old 10-21-2002, 04:35 PM   #32  
fatter than U

Default This one's for Peachers!

Peachy, of *course* your story was the best. Would we expect anything less from our little magnolia flower? What's with the guy in Maine? Men are so gauche sometimes.

Brattie, actually, the *real* Stevie was a sort-of university boyfriend whose main claims to fame were being an American abroad, owning a popcorn maker and the fact that he could recite all the Monty Python sketches by heart. Whereas when I look at dh and shout "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!!", I am greeted with a blank stare. Ho hum. But Stevie couldn't fix a car to save his life, so I'm not complainin'! All other Steve's are just cheap facsimiles.
Old 10-21-2002, 04:47 PM   #33  
Member w/ messiest house

Default I beg your pardon

I don't remember ever dating anyone named Steve! The one I cornered in the ladies lounge at church was definitely not a Steve! Although when I think about it, that could have been the name of the fellow who I drove around N.C. one week -- he horrified me by going skinny-dipping in a river where we had stopped to have a nice tame picnic. No, Letty, I did not join him, even though I was very lovely size 12 at the time.

Kiwi
Old 10-21-2002, 05:18 PM   #34  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Talking

Oh you all make me laugh. I have been criing off and on since about 9:30 today. My Son didn't get his license today and when I called him he said *No Mama I didn't get it* then he burst into tears. It is so hard hearing him cry from heartbreak. I spoke about it in my journal today. My heart is still hurting at 2:30.
My cold is getting better and the comp had a virsu so we had to reboot the whole dang thing. Then I had problems with compuserve today. I really should cover my head and go back to bed.
My step daughter Megan started her period yesterday. She is the one that is almost 11 but delayed. I am mean but I am glad that she has school this week and they can deal with the blood. Wow how gross and crass is that?
I am lost as to who is who here anymore. We need a new thread. Wabby are you going to start it?
D
Old 10-21-2002, 05:22 PM   #35  
Member w/ messiest house

Default This is a tough one

I've been putting this off all day, but I have to start telling people I know, so here goes: my lovely sweet doggie Molly died last night. She was a very ripe old 15 1/2 years old, and of course you know she had been declining for a while. But that doesn't seem to make it any easier, maybe even harder since she's been part of my life for so long. I can't turn around without seeing a sign of her, and today I haven't had the heart to clean up her stuff yet.

She was at the vet's for the weekend so that we could go to Bar Harbor and stay with our out-of-town friends. On the way back yesterday afternoon, I called the vet to see if we could pick her up on the way through town, but he didn't get back to me until later in the evening. He said she had been pretty well Saturday, but had developed a fever and he'd put her on antibiotics and she wasn't doing very well. He said he would call if she got worse and I could come get her in the morning. I nearly called him back to see if I could go to the clinic and stay with her. He called early this morning to tell me she was gone, so I went to see her. She didn't seem to have suffered much, and she had plenty of care, but I do wish I'd been there. At least our vet was quite fond of her, so she didn't have her last hours with strangers. And she had a couple of good days last week I'm glad of.

Anyway, sorry to bum everyone out. I also have other bad news, which just seems laughable to me right now. When we arrived home last night, our kitchen ceiling was on the floor in pieces!! I knew it would happen, I got tired of nagging DH about the cracks and leaks months ago. There is actually a chunk about 4 feet by 8 feet gone. All the actual drywall, in chunks on the floor, on the counter etc. The stuff above it turns out to be wood plank and it was mildewing and dripping everywhere (I guess there was a big rainstorm while we were gone). Unbelievable. Part of it fell on the cats' litterbox, which has a plastic dome lid, now cracked. Probably scared the cr** right out of them, but they are all right.

My life. Anyone want it?

Kiwi
Old 10-21-2002, 07:02 PM   #36  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default OH KIWIIWIIIIII

I am so sorry about your doggie. I haven't had a doggie in a long time but I remember crying for days when they died and no one understanding what I was feeling.

Sorry about the roof too. Mine leaks. My landpeople put a tarp, I think over it but maybe not a big enough one because it only leaks on one place now. You might think they can't afford to fix this but they're trying to buy a $190,000 house at the beach that belong to my friend's brother.

Now I apologize to brattie who is not accustomed to abuse here:

HAVE YOU COWSIES NOTICED THAT YOU CAN just CLICK ON A LITTLE thing THAT READS "FIRST UNREAD MESSAGE" and go directly there without whining about how many pages there are?????? You dingbats. The 3 sissies put IT THERE FOR A REASON> USE IT

Love you all *kiss* *kiss* ( I add this to deter people from reporting me to the sissies and getting me in trouble )

and it's not a NEW car ... it's a better old car that I might end up with.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:18 PM   #37  

Kiwi, I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet dog.
Old 10-21-2002, 07:39 PM   #38  
Member w/ messiest house

Thank you, sweeties.

Sorry to hear about the DS's driving test, brat. I'm sure he is so disappointed. Hope he will try again soon.

Go Peachie!

Kiwi
Old 10-21-2002, 09:37 PM   #39  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default me 2 brattie

That's the worst feeling ... knowing your kid hurts and you can't do anything about it. Mine has a mentor who hasn't shown up in 2 weeks. He seemed kind of sad. It's ok though. The mentor used the email at Herbie's to say he'd come Wednesday and we didn't get it.
Old 10-22-2002, 03:00 AM   #40  
fatter than U

Default Oh Kiwi!

I'm so sorry! I know just how you feel - had to deal with lots of pets who passed away and it's not fun at all. At least you have the kitchen ceiling (or what's left of it) to take your mind off it a bit. Do you have a nice big picture of Molly to hang on the wall?

Brattie, there's nothing more heartbreaking than seeing a teenage boy cry, is there? Not that they shouldn't cry, but you can see the little boy in them again when they do and it's so sad. I'm sure he'll get his license really soon. Can your sdd deal with the changes she's going through or will the school really have to do it all? 11 - wow - starts younger every day.

Now that we're probably on page 4, someone should start a new thread.
Old 10-22-2002, 09:00 AM   #41  
Most boring housewife.

Oh Kiwi, I am so sorry to hear about Molly. I think it is almost harder to lose a dog because there is no residual resentment as there is with most people. They are pure good.
I'm sorry, but having had the ceiling on the floor experience, I have to laugh. I consider it one of the joys of living in an old house, right up there with bats flying around and the wind that whips through all the rickety windows.
Peaches, though I find long threads excessive; I have noticed that it is possible to go to the last unread message. Our three chubbo sissies wouldn't make us plow through all the boring tripe that goes on around here more than once.
bye>>L
Old 10-22-2002, 12:33 PM   #42  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Unhappy

Kiwi I am so sorry about your doggie. I wish we could all be there for you to make you feel better.
I am sorry about the roof also. DO you have insurance? That has always been one of my nightmares. I am sleeping and then kaboom the roof falls in.
I called my son a few times later in the day and he was feeling better. He is more angry than anything. It was just so hard on me hearing him cry like he did. It really broke my heart. I cried off and on all day. If DH didn't have to work I would of driven down there to see him. I had to be here for the kids though.
OK I am off to do chores, Thanks for all the sweet thoguths, Daphne aka Brattie
Closed Thread