Old 08-22-2010, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default Steel Magnolias #41

Good morning girls! Boy the site has been really sluggish for a few days now. It took me forever to load a new thread.

I have my pot roast almost done in my crockpot so all I have to do it stick the veggies in and dinner will be a snap today. It is over 100 again and there is not end in the near future according to all weather experts. I saw this morning that western Tennessee, north Mississippi and Alabama and part of eastern Ark are the hardest hit with the high temps. The article said the upper 90's heat was going to last through September, ugh! I imagine Thomas will get a lot of swimming in still with it being this hot.

I am doing laundry at the moment and will get up from here and get my dishwasher unloaded and reloaded with a couple things from doing the roast last night. We have nothing planned today except one errand so will stay indoors. We had a really rough rainstorm move through in the middle of the night. Fortune wanted to go out and I went to let him out around 1 am and it was raining so hard you couldn't see. A bit later I heard rolls of thunder and it moved through quickly because I let him out at 5:30 and everything is almost dry. Guess that tells you what the heat is like here.

Jack is still snoozing upstairs so I want to try and be as quiet as possible. I will probably just read a bit or play one of my hidden object games until he gets up then we can get some breakfast.

Have a lovely Sunday all! Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #2  

Good morning, ladies. A nice day in the 80's today.

I don't know what is wrong with this site - it's been losing my posts and is so slow. I hope they get it fixed soon.

I've been to church and read the Sunday paper. I'm going to the Y late afternoon when it's not so busy to do my strength workout. I'm having roast pork, stuffing, carrots and broccoli for dinner. I am trying not to do anything but necessary housework (cooking, dishes) on Sundays and making a day of rest to do things I enjoy. I'm going to have to do doubletime on the housework tomorrow. I let too much get in the way over the weekend.

Faye, we are supposed to be in the mid-to-high 80s for a week...I'm ready for it! The outdoor pools close Labor Day around here. It's nice to have a pool so you can swim when you want to. I'm trying to get more whole grains in my plan do when I make Faye's Stuff tomorrow, I'm going to have it over barley.

Have a great day!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #3  
Thin Within

Talking Sunny Sunday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It is anothr hot day here in the Heartland. I am so thankful for good air conditiong and fans. We went out to eat for lunch at a Chinese place and I ate with chopsticks which I do at home a lot so I do know how to use them. Anyway my two little gal friends aged 6 and 4 wanted to learn so we had fun trying to get their fingers to work. They can learn for I have seen many oriental children using them like pros. I seem to eat slower and not as much when I use them which is a plus for me. I am sipping on an ice cold diet pepsi right now that tasts so good. I am so looking forward to the first day of Sept. Besides being Will's BD we get to go to the dentist and get our teeth cleaned. It has been too long but we had to change dentists because ours we did have didn't except our plan anymore so we had to find another and then put on a waiting list. So instead of being 6 months it has been a year. I really do like to get them cleaned every 6 months ~ they feel like they are wearing sweaters now. I brush with a nice electric brush and use Stim-U-Dent plaque removers but alas ~ they want a professional cleaning. When I was little my folks used to love it that I liked going to the dentist so when I was just little I would walk down town (very short walk back then) and go by myself. Those days were kinder and gentler days. I think we are going out to eat at Applebees tonight and I'll have a good WW friendly choice to make.

DONNA FAYE I can smell your roast from here. Nothing smells better than a roast being crock-potted. Enjoy your meal with your main squeeze.

SUSAN The site isn't slow here in the Heartland. Must be a back eastern type thing going on with it. Could be a weather thing interfering with it? I am not sure how weather affects the internet. I sure wish we had a backyard pool like we did in the olden days. They were work for the upkeep but we thought it was worth it.

JEAN Are you having a nice wind free romp at the lake this day? I do hope you got to use your boat this trip.

Well ladies I am going to say good bye for awhaile. Type at y'all later.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-22-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 10:41 PM   #4  

Good Evening, Flowers! We left for the lake early this morning and stayed later than we had planned. It was hot and humid but a nice breeze from the south so being inside wasn't bad. Bob, Jason, and the little kids went for a boat ride but Amanda and I stayed inside. She had homework to do and I read my book.

I have the school district retirees breakfast in the morning and a dentist appointment in the afternoon. Someone from the lunch bunch suggested going out for lunch too. I may go or may not; I should get my nails done.

"Gma" -- All of you gals fixing roasts have made me hungry for a roast dinner! I guess I will stop at the store tomorrow and pick one out. Are the hidden object games online or are they games you have purchased? I'm still looking for Pac Man!

Susan -- The site has been really slow for me also. I usually click into it, leave, and come back in a few minutes. I hope the Y wasn't too busy when you went. I should do some "doubletime" housework around here too. The fur/dust bunnies are multiplying.

Maggie -- I would be so skinny if I had to eat with chop sticks! I am NOT coordinated and have tried using them. Most of the food ended up on my shirt. You could order some cooler weather and then send it on to me.

I'm tired and heading for bed to read. Have a marvelous Monday tomorrow!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:12 AM   #5  

Good morning everybody! I won't even sound like a broken record today, nothing has changed weatherwise. We are expecting no rain until the weekend sometime and more of the same stuff.

Today is cleaning upstairs day. I hope to get at least half done before it gets too hot to be up there doing it. It can sure take it out of you fast trying to clean and dealing with the heat.

Jean: I have several online sites I use for the games. I usually download and play their free hour than uninstall it. Sometimes you can go to the next site download the same game and pick up where you left off and play a second hour or a third if you go to another site. I have to really like the game to pay for it because unlike pac man or a card game or whatnot, once you go through the hidden object game and play all the puzzles you have solved the ending. It isn't much fun to start over since you know what puzzles they have in them and how to solve them, let alone knowing where the objects are hidden in the room and such. The only changes if you play a game from beginning a second time is the list of objects you are supposed to find might change, but all the clues are in the same place, the puzzles are the same, etc. I do like that style of game though because it makes me think and challenges my pea brain and I am finding it frustrating when I can't remember names or whatever and so it helps somewhat with that. Sounds like you had a nice time at the lake this weekend.

Maggie: I am pretty much anti dentist because as a child had a really horrific time with my family dentist and to tell you the truth it scarred me pretty much. I was about 10 or so and the dentist my mom made us go to refused to give me more novacaine when I said it hurt and kept trying to pull a tooth over and over with me crying and begging. He wouldn't allow parents in so my mom didn't know and finally he gave up disgusted and told the nurse I was too much trouble and to schedule me for oral surgery, which is what happened and I became deathly ill from the anestheisia and vomited for 3 days straight. It was unfortunate, and in high school when I lived with my grandparents they made me go and my dentist was a nice man, but I would get violently ill just walking in smelling the place and even as a teenager, cry through something as simple as cleaning my teeth because I was terrified. As an adult with Jack in the Navy we didn't have dental insurance so even if I wanted to could not afford to go, but would scrape the money together to take the kids to a sedation dentist so they wouldn't be afraid like I was. At least they were able to grow up without fear and loathing this way. Our current insurance is horrible, in fact a couple years ago Jack had to have a tooth extracted with oral surgery and even with the insurance we ended up paying nearly 500$ cash out of pocket for it. It is too bad that there isn't dental insurance that is more like health insurance because maybe then more people would take better care of their teeth. I am having problems with the site too and no other problems with any other site. I am finding it loads pages very slowly then almost locks up before it finally shows the page. I haven't lost posts yet, but it is really slow.

Susan: Do you cook barley like rice? I always liked barley in vegetable soup. I try and get a good dose of fiber everyday and take acidophilous besides. I don't want any problems with the diverticulitis, that's for sure. I don't eat cereal right now because it is so hot the milk upsets my stomach, but I try and eat a lot of fruits and veggies and grains in like granola bars and such to keep things as they should be. Let me know how Faye's stuff went with the barley. I bet you could take the recipe, add veggies and the cooked barley and have a great stew too!

Jack's getting all hyped up about Florida now. He is putting addresses in his gps and talking about how long to get to Birmingham and Montgomery, etc. I am not thrilled with how we are going to have to go because exits including restrooms etc are practically non existent, but to go the other way puts on three more hours. The way we are going will eventually become Interstate 69 but right now it isn't, though 4 lanes, there are no rest areas and not even fast food places or gas stations to stop for rest room breaks. I guess I will take a can.... We have about 4 1/2 weeks until we go and I am praying the weather will be good, no rain and no threat of tropical storm or hurricane because everything we want to do is outdoors.

Well gals, I guess I should get started on some chores. We went to Target yesterday and bought Jack 6 colored tshirts for vacation. He said it is too hot to wear his golf shirts so we got him some tshirts instead. I washed them but since they are 100% cotton I decided to air dry them and hung them on my fancy hangers that don't cause points. They are hanging from the treadmill handles and should be dry so they need to go upstairs today and be put away.

Have a good start to your week! Let's work hard to stay OP! Faye
Old 08-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #6  

Good Morning, Flowers! It's a cooler, but still humid, morning in my neighborhood. I've been to breakfast with the district retirees; no one said anything about going to lunch and that is fine with me. I really don't need another restaurant meal today. I have a load of wash in and need to vacuum which I didn't get done on Saturday. I have a dentist appt. this afternoon and need to pick up a birthday card either coming or going.

"Gma" -- I am shocked at your childhood experience with the dentist! Now days he would get reported for such behavior. I taught with a teacher who made her husband take their children because she had a bad experience as a child and will not go now unless she absolutely has to. I have a salad recipe that takes barley. We had it at a funeral lunch and my friend got the recipe for us. After reading it we decided that if we ever wanted it we would pay the original cook to make it for us.

Maggie and Susan -- Hope you both are having a nice day!

I need to get a move on and accomplish something before lunch. Enjoy your day today!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #7  

Good afternoon, ladies! Same as yesterday, in the 80s, but the humidity is a little higher. I saw in the paper this morning Tropical Storm Danielle is now at 40 miles an hour and about 500 miles south east of Miami and could turn into a hurricane. They have no idea where it would hit so I'll be watching that closely. September is the worst month for hurricanes in my neck of the woods.

I have done laundry and vacuumed and dusted and I went to my Silversneakers class for 45 minutes of aerobics. Tomorrow is work, then strength training and treadmill at the Y, home for a quick shower and meet my friends for dinner then on to The River Country Quilt Guild to see Ami Simms, a well-known quilter and teacher from Michigan. I've been to her lectures before and she is hiliarious.

Faye, I cook barley like rice. For savory dishes I cook it in broth. It's also good for a hot breakfast cereal if made with milk or water. The problem with dental insurance is there isn't much of a profit because everyone has standard procedures a couple of times a year. I go to the dentist twice a year because if I don't, it costs way to much for the things that happen to be fixed.

Jean, I'm glad you enjoyed your retiree breakfast. It's nice to see old collegeaues. Hope the dentist appointment was over quickly.

Hi, Maggie!

Have a good evening.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #8  
Thin Within

Talking Moody Monday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS

It was 102 at the time and temp sign in town when we went to buy me a black ink cartridge. It will get even hotter as the day wears on. Ragg Mopp is sitting beside my computer stand just looking up at me. I know he wants a treat but I have cut him back to just 3 a day. Morning, Noon, and Night. To get his attention diverted I just say "Where is your baby?" He runs off and starts playing. Will made a quick run into the Chinese Outlet Store (AKA:Wall-Mart) this day and while sitting in the truck I saw some strange folks in the parking lot. Strange folks. One lady (I use that term loosley) emptied a pack of depends out into a bag and tossed the bag into her vehicle then filled the emptied out container up with dirty diapers and just threw it in the parking lot. An elder couple came walking by and the man picked it up and tossed it into a cart. The cart collector came along and held his nose and with gloved hands put it in the trash container. The parking lots here are kept clean and folks like her can't walk a few steps to a trash container. I just don't understand that type of total disrespect for the other shoppers. I am going to thaw a chicken in the fridge overnight and rotisserie it tomorrow. That's the plan. Now I need to think about what I am going to make for dinner this day. Got to be something OP for sure.

DONNA FAYE I think I wouldn't like going to the dentist if I had had a child hood experience as you did. That was horrid the way you were treated. Hopefully Florida will be kind to you and present lovely weather.

JEAN Humidity is my most unfavorite weather thingie. I think it is so neat that you have those get togethers with your retired friends. What did you have for brunch?

SUSAN I just know you are having a good day of it. That's what I typed before I saw you sneek in when I was typing for you weren't there when I started. Sounds like you have a nice plan of things to do this afternoon ~ evening. I also like to use cooked barley. We have a piggback program that pays most of what our regular insurance doesn't pay for the dentist so our cost is only for the insurance and sometimes just a few bucks. Cleanings never cost us. It is really neat for when either of us needs any work done we will have it covered. I haven't had any work done in a long long time ~ just regular cleanings but good teeth are inherited for both my parents have had good teeth.

Last edited by Maggie; 08-23-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 08:09 AM   #9  

Good morning to you all! It is cool this morning and supposed to only be in the low 90's which is a cool down for us, but it isn't going to get much cooler than that anytime soon.
Jean: We all seem to be heading towards birthdays again. I come first then, Susan, Maggie and Jean are all clumped together! I find the more I eat out the more I want to eat out. The weekends are the worst as Jack is home all day. It's not his fault it is just you find reasons not to cook on the weekend and eat junk. We did fine this last weekend and though had a sandwich out, put it into points, but other than that we didn't eat out at all. I love to cook, but sometimes it does get boring and eating out is nice, but it can be really difficult to behave yourself I think. The only time I have had barley is in canned veggie soup, but I did like it. I don't know if I would like it in abundance or not, but I like the texture and whatnot of it.

Susan: We only have a little over 4 weeks and Sept is the worst month for hurricanes so I sure hope we don't have to contend with anything. We have to cancel our reservations by Monday before the Thursday we check in not to be charged the first night if it looks like bad weather. I asked Jack if he wanted to go somewhere else or not go at all if it looked like rain that whole time or tropical weather and he wants to get away so we will probably opt for Nashville. There are lots of things we can do and they are all indoors for the most part. How did you guild session go? I think I have heard of Ami. Maybe I have seen her on tv. I don't quilt, but I love to watch the quilt shows when I can catch them. It is like watching Holmes on Homes though, for the most part his explanations of constructiona are gibberish to me and I feel that way about quilt explanations, but I still love to watch them being put together and such. I will be glad when it cools off and I can go back to knitting. I have to finish Kelly's socks for her and maybe I can get that done while in Florida since they haven't been nearly as hot as here.

Maggie: If you said, "Where's your baby?" to Fortune he would start looking around for his little elephant. When we bought him from the breeders he was just 8 weeks old and 1 1/2 lbs. I went to Petsmart and bought this little white fleece elephant that had a squeaker inside. I had to cut off the tail because it was yarn and he chewed on it and would then upchuck, but he took right to it. Now, 10 years later, he still has his baby, just new ones everytime one wears out. They now make only gray ones and you can no longer buy them at their stores, but I can order them online. I order 6-7 at a time just in case then trade them out when they get worn out. He likes to take the trunk and "worry" it back and forth like he was the meanest dog in town. It is hilarious to watch. He usually loses his grip on it and it goes flying then we have to go find it for him. He won't go get anything under tables or in tight places. People can be disgusting human beings that's for sure. You would think they grow up not knowing what a trash can is for.

Well, I need to go. I want to get something accomplished today. I have sort of a queasy stomach and a headache this morning, don't know why though, so I will probably have something late for breakfast.

Have a good Tuesday all! Faye
Old 08-24-2010, 12:44 PM   #10  
Thin Within

Talking Titilating Tuesday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is supposed to be another warm one this day. I am a happy camper. We were able to get the license plates for the Jeep today. It has been a month and what an ordeal. AH, but we have them now and can drive it. Since they have changed the design on the personal plates we won't get that one for 4 to 6 weeks. On the regular plates here they only issue one for the back but with the personal plates you get two. They let me keep the one I have hanging in my office but we had to turn in the other one. I like the one they let me keep ~ it has a buffalo in the background. The new one will have something different. I have a chicken being thawed to rotisserie later this day.

DONNA FAYE Have you thought about going to Branson and Dollywood? I would love to visit them again. We liked it when we lived in Severville in your state.

Well Magnolias gotta go. Will saus lets take a ride in the Jeep. So off I go. Type at y'all later.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:47 AM   #11  

Good morning. I am still finding the site really slow to load pages is anyone else having problems? I don't have problems at other sites so I am assuming it is just here.

It has cooled off some and cooler at night so it isn't so unbearable the last few days. Good thing too as Jack had the box fan in the kitchen because he was using the broiler for dinner last night. It was vibrating, fell over, one of the pieces came off and jammed into the fan so it went out to the garbage this morning. We will have to buy another fan now, but it was old and they are inexpensive so unless it gets really hot again we may not need it this season.

We leave 4 weeks from today and seem to keep getting bumps in the road. Jack brought in our canvas beach chairs and the umbrellas we bought won't work on our chairs. The reason is our chairs don't have a metal bar across the top in the back and the umbrella clamp screws onto the bar. Well, the advertisement for the umbrellas shows chairs exactly like ours and so I bought them and now cannot return them because we didn't contact the company asking them if they would work. The company won't take them back unless they were shipped inoperable in some way so we are stuck with them and I don't want to put out a couple hundred $$$ for new chairs that will work. I will figure something out, but it just seems we keep getting things in the way of making our trip terrific! lol

I did get my swimsuit and though I probably should have ordered one size smaller, I am keeping it because it gives me more material to cover my belly. That way I can be sure and have a suit that fits. It isn't a gorgeous suit, but it fits the need for going swimming and that's all I care about.

The city is trying to pass new regs for employee vacation and sick benefits to the detriment of the employee of course. The way it works now is that you get so many days the first of January for vacation according to how long you have worked with the city. You earn sick time so much per month. They are kept separate and aren't just paid days off. Well, they want to go to a paid time off system, which would be ok except they want to strip people of what they already have earned pretty much letting them only bring a few days with them into the new system. I just worry about Jack's losing what sick time he has banked in case something would happen to him with his heart again and would need a lot of time off. When he had to have his open heart surgery, he only had about 2 weeks total sick time banks along with what vacation he had and we went without about a month of pay as he had to use the unpaid medical leave thing. Ahh well, not much you can do about it if they change it.

Maggie: Glad you got your permanent plate for the jeep now and can drive it again. It sure took a long time to get it that's for sure.

Tv was stinky last night so I watched "Nanny McPhee" again on tv. That is a cute movie and the new one that is out looks even cuter. I guess Emma Thompson thought up and wrote and everything the whole idea of the original movie then starred in it and did a great job.

Jack is in the dog house! He just called me to confess he got caught speeding on his way to work. Only 5 mph over and costs $25, but he is going to have to work it off at home! lololol

Well I need to get going. I cooked a chicken in the crockpot over night for chicken and noodles and have to debone it and cool it and skim off the fat and such to make dinner tonight. Have a good hump day all! Faye

Last edited by gma22; 08-25-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #12  

Good Afternoon, Flowers! For whatever reason I couldn't even get in here yesterday. It's a sunny "cool" 70 degrees in my neighborhood this afternoon. When I went downstairs at 6 AM it was 55! Ernie wanted the back door open, he took one sniff of cold air, and promptly took off. I've been to get my nails done and a pedicure, have a load of laundry in the washer, and my next thing is to make a never ending grocery list.

Susan -- I certainly hope Danielle stays away from land period. I'm sure you enjoyed the quilting lecture. It's always interesting to hear someone talk about something of interest. After a short wait, 2 x-rays, cleaning, and $112 I don't have to go back to the dentist for another 6 months. We had dental insurance years ago when I was into root canals and crowns. It paid so little that Bob felt we weren't ahead by the time we paid the additional premium. Neither Jason nor Beth had to have braces so we were very lucky.

Maggie -- I had to at you calling WM the Chinese Outlet! When they first started wasn't their BIG selling point that their merchandise was made in the U. S.? I'm glad you are able to cruise in your Jeep again. It's nothing to see people empty their ash trays and toss dirty diapers in parking lots around here. I had a waffle for breakfast yesterday, with strawberries and whipped cream on top.

"Gma" -- I hope you are feeling better today. Nashville sounds like a good vacation alternative. I'm sorry you can't use the umbrellas with the chairs. That would make me upset too. I guess in corporate America any changes are in favor of the employer rather than the employee. I know Bob's company reduces the commission and increases the % of sales required for the peons who do the leg work.

Well, I'm off tomake my list and head for the store. Enjoy the rest of your day. Hope I can get in here next time.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 08-25-2010, 04:17 PM   #13  

Jean: iwin.com has PacMan. I saw it on their site today. You said something about wanting PacMan
Old 08-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #14  

Good afternoon, ladies! A lovely 78 degrees today but humid. We have a cold front hovering over us. I wish it could stay until the end of September because they say it keeps hurricanes from coming ashore. I saw in the paper this morning that Danielle had strengthened but once again is diminishing and no longer of hurricane force so no threat to land for us but plenty of surf coming in at precisely the right time. The East Coast Surfing Competition is this weekend in VA Beach.

My friends, Laura and Adora, and I had such a good time at the quilt guild meeting we visited last night that we joined them and will go every month. Ami Simms is so funny and she had everyone in stitches last night. We had dinner at IHOP and I had the talapia and broccoli from their healthy choice menu. They have the best talapia. If you have an IHOP near you, you can go to their website and sign up (free) and you will get a free meal for signing up, and also free meals on your birthday and the anniversary of the day you signed up and coupons all year long. I usually get something from the senior or healthy menu. They have nutritional information so you can quickly figure points.

I had a message from my friend Pat when I got home so returned her call this morning. She was taking her machine in to be serviced and wanted to know if I wanted to come with her and then go shopping and have lunch. So we did that. Stopped at a new barbecure restaurant and had a barbecued pork sandwich and coleslaw. Walked over 2 miles according to my pedometer so that was good. I'm taking a day off from the Y today. The pool is contaminated so it has to be drained and refilled so no water aerobics. I'm also a bit sore from yesterday because we increased the weight by 5 pounds so I'm now doing 30 pounds on each machine rep. It totals 1800 pounds for my total workout. I started at 10 pounds and have been gradually improving. I'm very pleased.

This site still has problems. I takes forever to load.

Faye, rats about the umbrellas! It sounds like the city is finding a way to sneak in what amounts to a pay cut if they take away what has already been accumulated.

Jean, Walmart is like other stores in that there isn't that many clothes, housewares, etc. manufactured in America anymore so you have to go abroad to set stuff. This has become a service oriented economy. If we ever got into disputes with China, Mexico and Tiwan, we'd be in big trouble! Just take a look around the produce in the grocery store and see all the fruits and vegetables that are now imported so we can have them year round.

Maggie, glad you have finally got the jeep back on the road. My license plate has the cardinal and dogwood on it - state bird and flower. We have hundreds to choose from. Any group that can sell 250 sets can get a plate with whatever design they want. There is a one time fee of $25 for the plates. Then my plate is also a vanity plate and it has IKWILT instead of numbers for $10 a year. Hardly anyone has standard plates. We have stiff fines for littering but people toss stuff anyway. The prisoners are put out the pick up trash from the side of the road - about 10 in a group with a guard holding a very big rifle. They even have a portapotty on the back of the truck for them. If you aren't a violent criminal or a danger to society you are made to work. It's hot and humid so it is punishment. Here's a way the city wastes money. The Newport News Jail is built on the most expensive land in the city...It fronts on the James River. It's a lovely piece of property. They have prisioners that have to care for the vegetable gardens and they feed them with whats produced. They could sell that property, build a new jail and still have a couple of million left over. All the river front property is owned now around here so it is extremely expensive to get a place on the rivers or Chesapeake Bay.

Have a great day. I'm thinking a light supper tonight.
Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #15  

Good Morning, Flowers! It took forever to get in here so now will see if my post stays here. It's a beautiful day in my corner of the world. The weatherman said it will get windy as the day goes along. The guy across the street had a HUGE metal pig feeder sitting in his driveway last night. It's now in his garage and he is cutting it apart. It's terribly loud over here so can't imagine what it must be like over there. There is a salad luncheon at our church today and I am treating Bob's secretary. She does so much 'extra' for him, but doesn't want any Christmas gift, etc. She is licensed so can do a lot more than most of the secretaries can. This afternoon we are going to Sioux City. Bob needs a new suit and I told him he had to get it before Sept. when the mortgage burning takes place at church. His group is singing in the morning and again in the afternoon. It is our Sunday to play bells so guess we won't be doing that which is fine with me.

Susan -- It sounds like you have been on the go and having fun! It's always nice to get together with friends. I'm glad Danielle is behaving herself! I'm sorry about the pool -- bummer.

"Gma" -- I will visit iwin and check out Pac Man. Thanks! I was pretty good when it was an Atari game 30+ years ago!

I need to finish getting dressed and take out the garbage. Bob forgot this morning for some reason. Have a GREAT day!

Jean -- from Iowa!