Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 05:03 AM   #1  
Work in Progress

Default Lo Carb #35 Now where is that focus??

Good Tuesday Morning all!

How was the long weekend for everyone?

I went to the auction at my new house on Sta. Then went immediatly to visit my sisters. My one sister works in a box making Co. so I loaded up.

Yesterday was spent cooking. I sound like Pam. LOL.

We got teh commitment papers in the mail on friday. And my home owner manual. I am supposed to read the inch thick thing and then be interviewed over the phone. Like I have time for that.

OP ness? It hasn't been pretty. Exercise... Yeah right. I won't get on the scale. I just read an article where it said that moving and buying a house is one of teh top 3 stressors. Can't say that I can argue with that.

Pam I am so sorry that you have been feeling bad. I hope the MD can help you out.

Hey Sue. How have you been?

Melody. Thank god you are doing so well!!. You are motivating me!!

Hello to everyone else!!
Old 10-16-2002, 05:22 AM   #2  
Work in Progress

Wow we are scarse!

Well it's wednesday. Hump day.

Fought carb cravings all day yesterday. Even had a candy bar in my pocket for awhile , but didn't cave.
Got 3 bottle of water in. Still can't move my body. Really lack the energy and focus. Too much going on.

Well Hello everyone.
Check in when you can!
Old 10-16-2002, 08:07 AM   #3  
Muscle Mommy

S/C/G: 228/209/155

Height: 5'9

Hello Everyone...

I am trying to stay on the OP wagon...life as always is very interesting...Ex is trying to come back....but I think No...I am having too much fun...

Other than that I am working my buns off trying to get everything done, and my money matters caught up...I get my voucher to get a house on the 24th! Finally, something to look forward too.

Life goes on...

Walked 2 miles yesterday, in the rain...

Water? I need to drink more...

Food? okay, no big mistakes...

I am hanging on to that OP wagon...
Old 10-16-2002, 09:11 PM   #4  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

got as virus and killed the puter just got back on. if i am scarce is life is too busy right now. i have to compete for puter time as well as do all the house stuff on limited time.

needless to say that the diet has been the last thing on my mind but i will be back OP as soon as i regain control on my life!!! (not today though)
Old 10-17-2002, 05:33 AM   #5  
Work in Progress

Hello all,
Melody,
Is this the man , who harrassesed you, scared you and your children, said bad things about you and to you, disappointed you and the children, lied to you, married or is with someone else, uses drugs, is this the man that is trying to come back in your life?
Doesn't sound like anyone that you need , does it? Those things don't go away.

You are still our OP leader!

Hey Sue. I am so glad you stopped in I miss you. Take care my friend.

Same here. Not a good say yesterday PMS complicaining and intensifying the cravings and I caved.
Old 10-17-2002, 08:24 AM   #6  
Muscle Mommy

Yep, Pat...that is him...he is such a freak! I love that he is so miserable...aren't I mean??? But he did it to himself! He cries, and says he wants me and the kids back, and I just ask him, where's your girlfriend??? He says he isn't married, but will not explain the wedding band. He says he'll tell me sometime that it belongs to someone else...oh well, I have better things to think about....

OPness is wonderful, I will weigh tomorrow...I think that scale is moving again, it is a beautiful thing....

I did NOTHING yesterday, so much for being the OP queen, but it is no big deal as long as I work my butt everyday for the rest of the week! I think I can do that.

Arthritis is still acting up. I can not do Vioxx, I think it is tearing my stomach up. I have been nauseous everyday since I have been on it. I even make sure to take it with food. I am still praying that I do not have RA...

Tonight Boot camp...instead of running a mile, I am going to time myself walking 2 miles. The arthritis will not allow me to run at this point. Timed sit ups, and push ups...

Got to get back that focus...

I hate that it is getting cold. It makes me want to go hibernate!

My size 18 jeans are getting too big!!! I love it!!!

Sue, sorry about the computer...i hope life calms down for you soon...I miss you! Pam, I miss you too...you are always in my thoughts and prayers...Pat, thanks for always being here...I don't know what I would do if it weren't for you to hold us together!

Have a lovely Day!
Old 10-17-2002, 08:54 PM   #7  
Trying to find my way.

Hi all. did i tell you that i just had a wonderful job oportunity call me?? i was asked if i would want to do the teaching for a LPN clinical class.??? I am so excited but i am not swure how it will fit into this lifestyle that i have. if you can call it one.

Melody i missed all of you guys. you are righnt now my insporation to get back OP. i have 3 birthday parties this next 3 weeks and am not sure how well i will do but i willt ry like the devil to altleast try to be good. and not go hog wild.

I did not even excercise today i am losing my steam but you are getting me to get inspired again. i need to get my book back!!!

Pat how is the house??? I think you were getting paper work inorder lat i knew what is happening with it. did i miss anything??

Pam how are you???

Dana???

for me it is all about mind over matter but matter is really heavy right now so if i can hold on for awh8ile then i will be incontrol again. i need to before the holidays hit or i will be in trouble!!

DD and DDBF just paid half down for the car so they are excited.
Old 10-18-2002, 05:55 AM   #8  
Work in Progress

Hello,

Well another day slips away and I continue to be NOT OP! Too much on the mind. ANd As I have said time and time again. I am the person who is in charge of the food I put in my mouth. ANd whether or not I work out. The carbs I eat are making me loggey. No energy. I KNOW THIS!!. All I can think of is my next "fix". But I did get on teh scale. Looks like some gains, But I am retaining water too so I am unsue of permenant damage. But the waist in my pants are tight. But I have not lost intent. I just have to put things together.

Sue, That sounds like an awesome opprtunity!!!Is it in addition too? Are you still pulling the night shift? I too am worried about the holidays. I have to get on track soon. Last year at my work there was food to eat everyday. I have to get ready. I have to admit that Wal mart has been carrying those splenda candy bars. They are pretty good. expensive though.
Are $ things getting better?
The house thing is going. At their speed. I am worried about the apprasal because the amt of the loan is based on teh apprasal of the house. It has the equal the amt of teh loan and we borrowed extra to put a new roof on it. The current roof is OK now so I guess the worst would be we don't do it now. But not knowing is frustrting. My house is in shambles. DH is hunting and hasn't packed a box. He is such a procratinater! I told him I would not have any qualms about leaving his stuff behind. STuff is teh nice word for it.

Melody, Keep that in mind. I wouldn't even talk to him beyand how teh kids are. He is harrassing you. You are trying to get on with your life. You don't need to be bothered by his wants etc. He continues to lie to you etc. You You doon't deserve that. You are a great person. !! Congrats on teh weight loss and teh ongoing effort you put into yourself ! you are awesome!!!

Hey everyone else!
Old 10-19-2002, 12:45 AM   #9  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Hello to everyone. I am new to this thread but I enjoyed hearing the banter of conversation amongst you all that I thought this would a nice place to get familiar with.

True name: Corina

Starting weight/date: 225 or 226 September 2001
Current weight: 192
Goal weight: well I would like to see 150 then go from there

Height: 5.3

My Life Bio: Married to a truck driver who has been doing Atkins to lose his weight; he is now down 28 lbs in just 1 month! We have 4 children between us. 2 boys, 2 girls. We just had an addition to the family...Tweet our feathered member cockatiel. He was born August 10, 2002. All our children go to school. The youngest being in 1st grade; the oldest being in 6 th grade. I also attend college part time. While the kids are in school and I am not in school I work part time at the college office only 15 hours a week.

Weight course: I started September 2001, when my DR said either I get it together or expect a short life span. I started drinking Slim Fast to get it going. Also because it was the easiest way to get a meal in me. But then recently I had fainted for no reason...just bam then I was on the floor. Well I went to see the DR and he said that it is possibly my body had had its fill of Slim Fast and that possibly the sugar in the Slim Fast was causing my sugar levels to sky rocket and what goes up must come down. Well my sugar levels were diving down. anyway that is his theory afterall he is a DR. So he suggested I find a different approach in losing weight and supported the no carb way. So as of a week ago I deleted carbs from my everyday use.

ON Saturday the 12th, I was weighing 195. As of today I am weighing 192. I have to stubbornly admit I have snuck 1 cookie into my mouth. I also had 2 chalupas the other day which does contain carbs. Other than that I have sustained from all temptations. Woohoo.

So am I in or what? Just kidding ! I hope to enjoy in your conversations. Thanks
Kina
Old 10-19-2002, 12:47 AM   #10  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

Ooooops I didn't mention I am 29.
Old 10-19-2002, 09:45 PM   #11  
Muscle Mommy

Kina....Of course you are in!!!! Everyone is welcome here....whether or not you are doing low carb...or whatever....I have "seen" you on the 4 week walking challenges...I have been doing those as well...

I am 28 with 3 kids...no husband....an ex-fiance, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 2 turtles, and 1 gold fish...I am very busy....

Pat, the house thing is slow going, but in my heart i know you will get it.

Sue, You have alot on your plate right now...don't stress and make yourself a priority!!!

Pam....How are you?

I totaled my car Thursday....I mean TOTALED...I am okay, and very lucky...I ALWAYS wear my sseat belt...always....but for some reason, I forgot to put it on...Thank God for air bags, or I would be typing at you dead right now! I hit the windshield with my Thankfully hard head, busted my lip, bruised my left forearm, multiple burns fro the air bags, and the worst part I banged my knee up pretty good. I have a brace on it, and I am on crutches. So there goes my workouts for the next several days... I had a small concusion...my second in my life...But thankfully I am alive, and basically well...

Things can be so screwed up sometimes...

You really should read my journal entry about the wreck...

Well the pain killers are making me sleepy and lazy so I will go now. You are all in my prayers daily! Even you Kina!! and welcome!!!
Old 10-20-2002, 12:46 AM   #12  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

OMG Melody. God blessed you with an angel at your side. I can't even type this without tears coming to my eyes. Please take it easy while you recooperate. Thanks for the invite. Yes, I had seen you on the other thread as well.

Many hugs to you.
Kina
Old 10-20-2002, 08:00 AM   #13  
Work in Progress

Boy you miss a day around here and you really miss a day!!

A huge hug to you melody and if you and I were in a thunnder storm I wouldn't sit by you. My gosh girl what else can happen to you. Thank god you are alright. !!!! The kids were'nt with you were they?

And a great big welcome to Kina!!! We always like new faces and it has been too long.
I am Pat, been doing lo-carb a little over a year+. That is when my weight finally started to come off. Have been at the same weight for awhuile because of me! I am married no kids and am in the middle of buying my first home.

Oh, congrats on the weight loss so far!!!

Nothing new here. Except to say that I wish I lived in another state. Other states you can buy a house 1 week and close the next>

You all have a great day.
I think I might start a new challenge for this week.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:50 AM   #14  
Muscle Mommy

I WOULDN"T SIT BY ME EITHER PAT!!!

i am in a muck this morning...I woke up with a head ache, and was really in a horrid mood, but coming here always helps me, so I am feeling better...

Since I can not walk I am going to lift some light weights. i think the reason I am in such a bad mood, is because i have not got to work out. Working out always puts me in a wonderful mood, so i will probably work on upper body for the next few days...til my knee gets better.

Pat, I know about the house thing...it took LOSER & I 3 months to close on our house....my sister is closing on her loan tomorrow...they are building, and it seems like it has been going on forever. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Thanks Kina, yes I am very lucky...

I will talk at you guys later!
Old 10-20-2002, 12:20 PM   #15  
Trying to find my way.

Kina you are definatly the shove that i need right now. welcome to the group. there are a few still that pop in like lee and terri they will stop in shortly too, as the do ever once in a while.

I am sure one of the oldies in the group. oldie a si am 42 goingon soon 43. i started my weight loss journey at 235+ and have done wonderfully for 1 year then managed to slow down. i think i have pcos (making any cheating a death sentance for weight loss for me)and have been cheating on the low carb woe little and great depends on what is going on in my life. right now it is lots. i am afraid to say that my low was 168 but am up to 185+ NOW.

i have done extensive weight training to attempting to run down to nothing. i am going to slow down on the exercise and just glide for a while untill i can get my life in order.

but first thing is to get back on my eating plan!!! I am sick of feeling horrible and sick and headaches and all the uchhy things that carbs make me feel.
Closed Thread