Old 08-04-2010, 09:11 AM   #31  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy,....you dang sneaker inner this morning. I LOVE LOVE LOVE naked night swims in 90 degree water. Wish I was there!! Steak n Shake has the best fries in the world. Skinny and not as filling as others, therefore my belly can actually eat a few. Just what I need. Heck it is after 9am and haven't had my breaky yet, heading to the breakroom for my cottage cheese and junk I add to it. Healthy junk...Have a great day, my sista friend.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 09:56 AM   #32  
Annie - Indiana

MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm, just discovered a yummy...

Does everyone know what beer salt is?? You get it at a liquor store usually. It is lemon/lime fine ground salt that you add to beer. It will give your beer a twang. Well that is not what I use if for, I slice up a cucumber and lightly sprinkle it with the beer salt. OMGoodness is it ever delish...just thought I would pass that along.
Old 08-04-2010, 09:59 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Annie see your egg light on.
Got a good laugh about your dad asking if he could get up now.
Happy
Those late night swims are neat. We did that last summer when I visited my sis that lives in Dallas. This humidiy is aweful. The weather man stated that the heat index was 116 yesterday afternoon around 5 p.m.and maybe up to 121 today. Can you imagine what our troops in Iraq are going through?

The a.c. was working last night and the house was cool but not cold. Still a lot of humidity Turned on the fans and that worked much better. This morning I was snuggling under the covers. Got a very much needed sleep.
I thought I would get out of playing catch up with the paper work since L does it also but my boss said "do it" L had messed up on her part. he he he he. No wonder she had caled me to "gripe" about work. It's taken me both Monday and Tuesday to catch up on 6 weeks of paper work. Now I'm curious to see if I balance with my boss.

Mel
Love the avatar. Sounds like you will be working this week. Try to stay inside as much as possible.

It's time to do some mork work.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #34  

Morning all. Is it really only Wed? Sigh.

Ceejay - Hope the AC, even if it's not 100%, holds up til the landlord gets to it. I couldn't reach my mom yesterday but I did just now and she's getting her new HVAC installed right now. Thank goodness, those heat indexes sound hellacious.

Shad - That's an early wake-up call (well for me, not for earlybirds like Michelle, lol). Safe travels. No booze allowed where you're going?? What's with that??!!

Happy - Yeh, Steak & Shake definitely could do damage w/o the shake. I save the coupons, but we very rarely go there - bf doesn't really care for it. They have a chicken melt that I like. Heck, any menu item with "melt" sounds good to me, LOL.

Annie - Glad to hear you don't have a real 3rd job, but I think staying w/ your Dad equates to job #3 anyway. Any solutions to keeping watch over him that don't involve him moving in with you or the siblings? That cottage cheese concoction sounds tasty - but not in the morning. I can't handle spicy in the AM. No automatic locks on the rental? Oh well, as long as it moves and has AC...

Mel - So are you working today and then shopping Thursday? Hope all is well in your corner of the world! I saw a cute watermelon-related cartoon the other day in my newspaper, but it's not available to view on the cartoonist's website yet. When it is I'll post the link.

Michelle - Glad you won't be working late Thurs or Fri -you need some down time form work. Hang in there!

More rain today. Bf dropped me at the train again this morning. I decided to walk home last night, but I realized I should have phoned him to come get me because it was humid as heck, and I could have used more time at home before I left for the movie.

Last night our group saw "Inception" with Leonardo DiCaprio. I enjoyed it. The concept was interesting, although I think they more extreme with it than necessary. Still, I found it entertaining.

Yesterday at lunchtime I talked w/ my friend whose dh passed. She didn't have a specific cause for what happened (lots of possibilities), except it started when he couldn't breathe. She was very composed when we spoke, and I think part of that came from her having felt comfortable with her decisions and not struggling with them - she and her dh had already discussed the medical decisions and the burial arrangements so they would be prepared. I'm sure part of her composure is still shock, but she says she's just taking it one day at a time. The wake is on Friday.

Well, better get this posted and get back to work.

Last edited by Laura705; 08-04-2010 at 11:08 AM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #35  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I'm not off on Thursday & Friday...I just can't work late. I have a doc appt Thursday after work, and a back shot on Friday.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:53 PM   #36  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

** ok, she whispers - maybe I can get a few minutes of quiet and actually post at lunchtime ***

Michelle - hope the back shot takes this time. Now remember to live quietly for a couple of days to let it settle in and do it's thing.

Laura - my niece said Inception was great. Looked kinda complicated to me - I'm all for the funny romantic comedy where I don't have think - DH likes the action thrillers and dramas. So we don't see too many movies As sad as it is for your friend, at least they were able to talk about some things and I think that really helps. It's really something a couple should be aware of just in case but so awkward to talk about. I hear you are getting some doozer storms. My sister said you were due for one today with "vivid lightning" whoa!!!!! Be careful walking!

Ceejay - now you just KNEW they would dump the paperwork on you - didn't you? At least you don't sound stressed about it which is good.

Annie - never heard of beer salt but it definitely has possibilities. How in the heck did you come across it? I can't remember when I was last in a liquour store - oh wait - that's right you can't buy wine in the grocery stores out here, so the next time I'm "thirsty" I will have to check it out. And there will be no naked swims for this chick - at least not right now. I turn the lights off in the yard except for the small decorative ones by the pool. The pool is an in ground pool but is on the high part of the yard - 6 steps up from the rest of the yard. If I stand up on the deck, the neighbors on one side of me can see the top half of me. They are wierd so no topless show for them. However my neighbors on the other side can see everything in our pool if they look through their bedroom windows. And since the pool has a light within the pool that lights up the water, they'd get a great (if not horrific) viewing. However they are moving by month's end so if it's still warm after they are gone :s I will never swim in the total darkness. You'd be surprised how disoriented you get when you can't tell up from down in the water. Happened once and scared the bejeezus out of me. Even though I float like a cork and there is probably no way I'd get under the water, I still wouldn't do it. And if I ran into one of the many bugs that fly into the water, that would freak me if I didn't know what I was touching.

No worries Mel - haven't seen a frog in there in over 2 years. And I just love love love your Avatar!!!!!

Your chicken salad sounds delish Annie. I would have had some. Have you tried the Wheat Thins new flatbread crackers? Kinda expensive - about $2.50 for a 12 pack but they are soooooo good. Tuscan Herb or Parsley Garlic flavors. And 2 good size crackers for one WW point. Very good with LF / FF cream cheese and some protein. Had some with lean rare roast beef on Monday. Yum!

Still beastly hot outside. We've been getting bad afternoon storms that pop up out of nowhere. Yesterday's tipped a semi tractor trailer on to the hood of a Lincoln Navigator SUV. A lady was sitting in the passenger side and escaped unhurt. She said it happened so fast she didn't have time to react but later on looking at it, she said she knew that "Jesus was her friend". I'll say...

Back to work - see yahs.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 04:17 PM   #37  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Just got time to write a short note before I fly off into the interior. Actually I am looking forward to this one as I intend to take a day off to visit Carnarvon Gorge if the weather holds out. Love that place.

The cabbie came to pick me up this morning. I think he probably woke most of the neighbours as well. I didn't bother trying to communicate apart from the usual - 'morning' qantas domestic please' 'can I have a receipt' 'thanks' Communicating with the cabbies becomes more and more difficult since few of them have English as a first language - second, third or fourth for that matter either.

So here I am fed and coffee'd and awaiting boarding of a wee plane. Well it won't be the smallest plane I have ever been on - Karatha to Tom Price in WA takes that honour but it's small enough. I haven't flown to Roma before but I am told this is the 'Interior Hopper Flight' - it goes to Roma, Charleville, Birdsville and a couple of other places in the 'Outback'. I've yet to discover the actual location of the 'Outback' since just about every little town and village you go through is the 'Gateway to the Outback' I thought when I went to Longreach I was in the Outback but apparently not. The locals tell me to go west to get there. But where is there??

Anyway, time to go. I'll be back when I can.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:29 AM   #38  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday -

There just might be a light at the end of the tunnel. Of course, it's too soon to tell if it's a bullet train heading straight for me. I might be able to breathe today....just a little. I submitted some of the reports and am awaiting comments. In the meantime, I have a couple others to complete.

I picked the first tiny tomatoes and cukes from my garden last night as the mosquitos ate me alive! Fresh from the garden veggies are SOOOO yummy.

Laura - Thanks for your kind words about it being too early in the week to be beaten by it. DH and DMIL are helping A LOT at home. I love any menu item that has "melt" in the description too. Glad you liked "Inception" .

Happy - Too bad the parking was scarce at the photography club meeting. Steak and Shake is really yummy. Wish they had something lower in points on the menu. Live quietly after my back shot? I will try. DH and I want to go to State Fair on Saturday afternoon/evening (about 24 hours after the shot). I've been trying to talk DMIl into going with us...but she's concerned about all the walking. Maybe she and I can share a wheelchair. Or we may just do State Fair next weekend. I don't want to overdo it...as I do need to give my body time for the shot to "take". We'll see. Thanks for the tip about the Wheat Thins Flatbread Crackers. That and some Laughing Cow sounds really good. A storm that tipped a semi onto an SUV?! You be careful in those wicked storms, girlfriend.

Shad - I googled Carnarvon Gorge...it is lovely! Enjoy your time in the Outback...if you actually get past the "gateway to the outback".

Annie - I'm glad to hear you don't have 3 jobs, other than staying with your dad...which I'm sure can be exhausting in itself. Like you, I get very excited when my iron is high enough to donate blood. I'm O negative...so the Blood Center loves when I donate. Unfortunately, about 50% of the time I try, my iron is too low. The veggie lettuce wrap with avocado sounds delish. Beer salt sounds really yummy! My fave seasoning is from Beer and Garlic from Cabela's. I use it in everything (but I haven't tried it to spice up my beer).

Well, I'd better get to tackling today's projects.

Lots of love and hugs to all,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:45 AM   #39  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning chicks,

Feeling yucky this morning. Tummy is a bit off - don't know why. Had an amazingly delicious dinner of grilled wild salmon, tomato, cucumber & dill salad and corn on the cob last night. I also have a beastly headache. Thought about staying home but they are repairing the roof next door and it's very noisy.

Mel - hope you get in a good shopping trip this morning.

Shad - looking forward to another report from the bush. Hope you have the means to complete your training.

Michelle - I hope they like the reports and you can ease up for the weekend. The fair sounds fun - I think you should rent a chair for you and DMIL. Sometimes you have to be smart enough to take it easy.

I'm sure it's another jam packed day for you Annie. How did the training go or was that the other day?

Did you get caught up with the paperwork yet Ceejay? Thank goodness this heat will break for a few days at least soon.

Laura - I'm with you - I melt for "melts" LOL Hope you get some sunshine. My sister told me about some art thing they have in the south loop - a large eyeball staring at State Street. Have you seen it?

Well I guess I'd better mosey out of here - no running for this chick today.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:52 AM   #40  
Annie - Indiana

Thursday came in with Thunder this morning....kind of glad as the garden that needed watered when I got home from CVS last night @ 10 pm, was already watered. Thank you Jesus for the assistance.

Got my yearly review at CVS...evidently I ROCK!! Am very professional, dress neatly wear my nametag EVERY time...How hard is that? Very nice to the customers, um does that include dating sausage fingers? lol Anyway I got the maximum raise...23 cents on the hour. I thanked my manager for the raise and the job. It is a heck of a lot more than Humana is giving as raises which is ZERO. Should turn out to be about 5 bucks on the week, almost can buy a margarita. haha

Happy....corn on the cob makes me feel yucky in the tummy as I am alergic to it but eat it anyway. Maybe your tummy is reacting on behalf. lol Naked night swimming...go for it, at this point in life I don't care who sees my body as long as they DON'T critique me. lol

Chelle...hope the report comes out with no changes, but I know how that goes. Better give your back time to recoup and go to the fair later.

Shaddie...you know you really do live an exciting life, even if work is mish mashed in there with it. All that trave and seeing the great sites of the land is so cool. Don't forget to eat at the Outback Steakhouse while in the Outback...lol

Laura...thanks for the Inception review, I was wondering about that one, but really don't have the time to go to the movies. Dad is improving a lot so maybe he will be back to the point of staying by himself soon. I go over tonight and stay so will have a better idea tomorrow.

Ceejay...how's the AC coming along. All fixed or back in the motel?

Guess Mellie is off to Trader Joe's shopping this morning. Good for her!!

Not much else happening here.

Much love and many hugs,,,
Old 08-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #41  

Good Morning everyone.

Happy - Yeh, Inception was sort of complicated. If you saw Memento (same director), then you'll know what you're in for. But I like movies like that. We have gotten some strong storms - yesterday morning was the latest. I'm glad for the rain, but I have to check the veggie patch. My tomato staking may not have held up. But I haven't heard of any trucks being tipped by our storms! Then again, I haven't been watching news regularly for a while now. Hope the headache (another one - must be the heat, huh?) goes away.

Michelle - Glad you came up for air. Hope the back shot takes this time, but maybe you should postpone the fair 'til next weekend? Just want you to be able to eventually get back to those Zumba endorphins!

Oops, meeting NOW! Be back later!
Old 08-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning every one.

Happy
Wish we had some of the rain from that storm you had. it's cloudy or hazy this morning. I haven't stepped outside yet. Don't really want to but need to go grocery shopping.

Annie
yes the a.c. is fixed. It took two days for the house to completely cool down.

michelle
Glad to know that their is light at the end of your tunnel. You sure hav been a busy lady. i'm with the others on taking it easy and let that shot take effect.

Laura
i'm hoping that we get some of the rain that you and Happy are talking about.

Not sure what I'm going to do today other than the laundry. I'd love to get outside and do some yard work. But it is to hot.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

MMMMmmmm, made Hazelnut coffee in the breakroom, added a bit of cream, took my cup and my smut book to the toitie for a nice poo. Stayed a bit long tho, but was a bit numb.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #44  

I'm back! We wondered where the boss was - she wasn't in yet as of 9:30 with no word from her. She phoned me right before I went into my meeting -she overslept. Her dh is essentially her handler and she said he wasn't there to get her up and going! She asked me to send an e-mail to her boss and the rest of us saying she's taking a sick day... Does this make me an accessory to something wrong?

Annie - Congrats on your good review & raise at cvs! At least someone's getting some kind of raise. Unless you're really into the kind of movie Inception is (sort of sci-fi action/thriller), I'd save your limited time for something else. I'm sort of looking forward to a movie I saw in preview on Tuesday - "Due Date" with Robert Downey Jr. It's directed by the same guy who did The Hangover, which I didn't see but bf told me wasn't my kind of movie, but I hope this movie will be different. Heck, I like RDJ, so I'll still see it.

Shad - Hope the flight went well and you are safely in the (out)back of the beyond. I hope the weather cooperates so you can visit Carnarvon Gorge.

Ceejay - How goes it? Do your reports jive with the boss's?

Mel - Hope the trip to TJ's is good and all is quiet by you.

Nice and sunny today. It'll get warm, but with less humidity, so yay for that. Maybe I'll go for a stroll at lunchtime. I left the office yesterday and it was raining and unbelievably humid - like breathing underwater. At home, I did one BE workout (nice and cool in the basment), then took doggy for a walk. I stopped to give Coal a drink of water midway through the walk and the skeeters immediately went after me! I got two minor bites. Not itchy at the moment, knock wood!

Okay, back to work. It should be quieter here w/o the boss, but I'm sure she'll be in touch via phone.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:37 AM   #45  

I new someone would sneak in before I finished my post, part II!

Hi Ceejay - I love the outside part, but not the yard work part. Take it easy in this heat if you do venture outside.

Annie - Smut book??!!