Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2002, 03:12 PM   #1  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Mooo-nday Bloooes

Hi Cowies -- I had a boring weekend. Except for one stupid thing that I got all excited about, which you will just laugh at me for because I'm such a computer geek. My diary on diaryland has a counter that comes with statistics and it tells me I got a hit from a search on Google. Somebody searched on the words "how to build a house" and got my diary. And actually went there. My very first Google hit! Boy, do I need a life.

How's everbody else?

Kiwi
Old 10-07-2002, 06:39 PM   #2  

Hi Kiwi, I had an even more boring weekend than you did. - I don't have a diary, and I didn't get a google hit! Let see, what did I do this weekend? It's a sign of old age when you can't even remember 2 evenings ago. Saturday I schlumped around the house all day, with the thought that I would actually get it cleaned, but since I really wasn't in the mood for it, not much got done. Then we went to some friends house in the evening, and had a couple glasses of wine, then got a video and some fast food for dinner. Friday night we went to see My Big Fat Greek Wedding and out to dinner. The movie was wonderful, dinner was only so-so. Sunday I spent hanging out at my Mom's house w/ my older sister, who is not drinking anymore, and I'm so happy because I can have a friendship with her again. She's a totally different person when she's sober. Apparently all my addictive/compulsive behavior got channeled into eating instead of alcohol consumption. Sunday evening I actually made DH dinner - pork loin roast, chicken rice, veggies, focacia bread & bread pudding for dessert. My Goodness, he's a lucky man!
Old 10-07-2002, 10:47 PM   #3  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

Default my weekend report

Both Saturday and Sunday I drove an hour to take ds to a swimming pool so he can practice for the boy scout test.

Sunday, we went to church and no one was there. The parking lot was empty. It was so twilight-zone! I asked ds if indeed it was Sunday and he said it was. We went into the empty church and stopped a man who didn't want to stop. He said he also wondered where people were and had just been told they were at the college.

We went to the college. All the choirs sang and all the ministers asked for additional three-year pledges of money to make the church bigger. They said some teenager had pledged $20 a week for three years. I don't like that. Either it's his parents money or he's working toomuch.

Plus, they started with 150 families and raised $2.1 million in pledges.

Made me feel very very small. I'm looking for a new church closer to Dogpatch anyway.

I told Herbie on the phone and by email that I don't want to come get my stuff (as he wished I'd do) and he can just pack it up and send it over. This is all his idea anyway.

That's it. I am dull. Love you. Peaches
Old 10-07-2002, 10:49 PM   #4  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

kiwi WROTE IN GREEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2002, 05:33 AM   #5  
The magic shrinking cow

Hi Cows! The bad news: I'm still 182. The good news: I'm still 182.

I got hurt last week during a run and have been in pain since then. It's either old shoes or doing too much too soon. No matter what, it hurts! My mileage for last week was 11 miles. This week's mileage is 1.05. Go me.

Yahoo to Kiwi for being Googled! Peachie, I'm sorry Herbie doesn't have his head on straight and doesn't appreciate you the way you deserve to be appreciated. Wabby, I'm glad you have your sister back. I still haven't seen that movie. My friend was bored by it, which means I'll probably ADORE it. I'm so excited to see it! Maybe we'll go for my birthday. We were gonna go to St. Louis and have authentic Italian food for my birthday, but the budget nixed that idea. So we'll have authentic Italian at home instead.
Old 10-08-2002, 07:43 AM   #6  
Most boring housewife.

Default How's tricks?

Hello all,
Life is good around here. I'm still working and so I'm extremely busy. My kids are busy and fine. DH is too.
((((Peaches))))
Kiwi, I can't wait until we get to the part of your diary where the roofing guy comes over.
Cherry, I'm glad/sad you're holding. Holding can be good.....sounds like everything else is going well.:
Wabby, hi...where are you? I didn't read the last post...I hope you're somewhere exotic.
Hello to everyone else. I hear Frappe was by.....I couldn't find her post so I don't know what's going on with her.
Have a great day!
L
Old 10-08-2002, 07:44 AM   #7  
Most boring housewife.

Remember how excited we were when we learned to <p> paragraph????
Old 10-08-2002, 01:02 PM   #8  

Good tuesday morning, my lovelies. I'm still in a really b*tchy mood. Even having everyone hanging around here posting has only helped a teensy bit.

Cherry, you should be proud of yourself that you just keep slugging away at it. I'm a huge failure at this weight loss thing. I'm up to 161 as of this morning. I just can't believe it. I've done it again. And you have to remember that this is on a 5'2" person. A short little dumplin' person. and that ain't the happy dance. That's how I actually look. The thing is, I'm so upset about it all I want to do is do a little comfort eating.

Lush, what ever gave you the idea that I would be somewhere exotic? Have you ever known me to go to exotic places? Have I ever gone anywhere that warranted a post card to my favorite cows? Our 25th anniversary is on the 21st of this month and DH doesn't want to go anywhere. And he promised me Puerto Vallarta. Probably doesn't want to be seen on the beach with this tubby girl. He listens to Geo. Bush and thinks we should not travel because the world is a scary place lately.

Peaches, why would you feel small? Everyone should give to their own ability, God doesn't keep an account book on you.

Excuse me for being such a whiner. For some reason I just feel like laying down and giving up on losing weight. I need a big weight loss revival meeting, but pleeeeesssse don't send me back to weight watchers.

Hi Kiwi, Hi Sugar, Hi Brattie, Hi Frappe, wherever you are. Hope I didn't miss anyone. My mind is starting to go too. Old age.
Old 10-08-2002, 01:43 PM   #9  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone do you all know what a great group you all are? I posted a comment on another board and got the thread starter all huffy and puffy. Now she wants the thread closed is mad at the other ladies that posted there is acting like a 6 year old cry baby. It wasn't just me but the other ladies all felt her comment were wrong. '
It is TOM and wow was I a last week. FIL is back home so I can do the SS was better yesterday but I am still mad at him. SD had a bad seizure last night and slept from 4 PM almost till 7 AM today. She was up for maybe and hour after the seizure and then 30 minutes max when I got her ready for bed.
My DH took me to breakfast this morning. Biscuits and gravy and 4 slices of bacon crisp. I ate the bacon and one buscuit. They are hugh biscuits like a 3" square each may 4 " square.
I am off to do a few errands wanted to say HI!
Daphne
Old 10-08-2002, 04:54 PM   #10  
fatter than U

Default Did you see how many smilies they let Lushy use?

They'd never let me do that.

Took the kids to McDonald's and a movie today (Bibi Blocksberg - never heard of it, right? Kind of Germany's answer to Harry Potter). We had to sit three rows from the front so my eyes were going the whole time.

Mom and Pop got back all right from the Channel Islands and promptly had an offer on their house which they've been trying to sell for a while. They took the offer and have to be out by Dec. 18. That should be fun. Mummy says Christmas will be a non-even this year. They're looking after Max the Wonder Boy (15 months) for a few days and this darling child has suddenly discovered spitting. Apparently he has excellent aim.

Kiwi - soon thousands of people will be flocking to read your diary. I sometimes get hooked reading the journals of perfect strangers and *have* to go back every day to see if they just might have been up to something interesting. No wonder my butt is so big.

Hi Wabby! Excellent news about your sister!

Peachy! I don't like places that make you feel guilty for not giving them money. It's not fair. And you're right to make Herbie bring your stuff over. Just what has gotten into him lately? Male menopause, maybe?

Cherry! You go girl! I've been keeping up with your exercise routine and you are truly amazing. Hope you have a wonderful birthday dinner!

Lush posted! Hi Lush! You're sounding very chipper. Frappe's post was a while back. They're moving so she'll probably check in when they get to their secret location.

Hi Brattie! Man, have you got a lot going on! I don't know how you do it - you're one strong woman. Funny that someone would get all upset with something you posted. We're a pretty easy going bunch most of the time, I guess.

Did I miss anyone?

Next Monday is *Canadian Thanksgiving* so I expect you all to put up a couple of displays in my honour. I suppose Bagzie won't be much in the mood for celebrating *sigh*

My house is still a tip but getting better.
Old 10-08-2002, 06:23 PM   #11  
Most boring housewife.

Bratzie, we used to be mean to everyone who posted with us, then we realized that everyone new was just us. What does SS and SD mean?
I'm going to Orlando on Friday; that is why I'm posting a lot...I'm procrastinating.
Hi Sugar P I'm planning my Canadian Thanksgiving displays as we speak. I think I'll do a major drive through thing this year with the kids acting out the part of the Canadian Pilgrams and Canadian Indians(native Americans)Pixie, Baby Orange and the frogs will stand in for minor rolls. DH will narrate.
I got DD tickets to RENT for Christmas. I am so excited to go. I am listening to the music now.
She is looking at colleges, I don't think I thought about that until I was much older.
Gotta go stuff suitcases...bye
Old 10-08-2002, 09:53 PM   #12  
Miss. Brat

S/C/G: 262/262/140

Height: 5'3"

SD and SS step daughter and step son. THe lady was being rude to a poster that has stage 2 of 4 leukemia. Nice lady has 2 buys 11 and 12 I think or close to that she ws honest with them and said yes she could die, mean lady jumped her said she should never say that till it is time basically. I said nice lady was right because kids are smart and somebody would slip and ask how long does Mom have. I lost my Dad and 3 Grandparents to cancer and honesty is the best way to go. Mean lady got all huffy and puffy and said if we knew half what we thought we did we wouldn't be where we were. I had to reply about if she is so smart why is she in an abusive relationship and how does that affect her kids? She hit a nerve and I wanted to make her mad. So see I can be a brat for the right reason. I use to be real mean in chat and had friends with punters and friends that were bad and would crash peoples comps if they made me mad. Now I am just sweet as sugar but have side that wont put up with rudeness. D
Old 10-09-2002, 08:06 AM   #13  
*kiss* *kiss* *kiss*

All's I want to do is be green.

Now I can't think of anything to say. Someone saw a picture of me that Kiwi created and said I'm purdy so that's nice. Thank you, Kiwi.

I'm taking an online writing class. We have to submit writing twice during the class for everyone to see and every week just for the teacher. I had to go first and SO FAR I have learned that an 18-year-old English brat doesn't like my piece. Little twirp.

You are so sweet and it's just delightful to see my sissy back. However, Wabby is my new sissy. I don't care how many she has, she makes me feel good.

And yes, Sugar, they did let Lush use a lot of those smiley things. Won't let me either.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:10 AM   #14  
fatter than U

Default Wow, Brattie...

...I went and read that thread and it blew me away. I would definitely tell children of that age. I don't know why that other poster had such a wierd reaction. I mean, everyone is entitled to her own opinion, but she was so unpleasant about it. Oh well, who knows what people have going on behind the scenes to make them act that way.

We used to only be mean to the reallyreallyreally wierd posters, didn't we cows? Dusty? CRAZY MOM? June? Those were the days.
Old 10-09-2002, 08:15 AM   #15  
fatter than U

Default You *is* purdy, Peachy!

No doubt about it! You're not still thin, are you?

Oooh, an online writing course! You mean the teacher is 18? What do you get to write about? Did you tell them that you are and award-winning international correspondant? (postcards from Paris and all that!)

How's George at the health food store? How's that strange man from the library? How's your ediot?
Closed Thread