Old 07-03-2010, 08:56 PM   #16  

Hello everyone! (I initially missed the 'o' in hello, but that wouldn't be a good way to start, lol.)

Mel - Hope you and the seniors are keeping cool. We had gorgeous weather up til today, when it heated up in the afternoon. The AC went on around 5-ish.

Annie - Glad you took the day off and went to the spa. Too bad the relaxation was rather short-lived. Sorry to hear about your dad's fall! I'm sure he'll be in mourning for a while yet, and it's not surprising something bad like this brought on more grief. Living a life with someone and then they're gone - horribly difficult. Nice you don't have either job til Tues.

Ceejay - Sorry you're getting nosebleeds. Please take it easy, especially when you go back to work tomorrow!!

Shad - Now I have more places to look up in the atlas! Safe travels, and don't forget the camera!!

Happy & Michelle - Hope you're enjoying this long weekend!

Doggy is feeling better and pretty much back to normal. We added his usual kibble to the rice & chicken today and tomorrow morning he will go back to all kibble.

Last night bf didn't feel like cooking the tuna steaks on the gas grill so he made them on the GF grill and overdid them a little bit. We decided to save them and make a cold tuna salad out of them in the next day or so and went out for a pizza.

Today I had my hair appointment, then came home and did a marathon check account balancing session on the patio - I confess I'd let it go for many months. What's happening to me - the accountant in me used to never do that!! Just goes to show how far I've drifted, lol. That done, bf and I looked at cell phones (I want to replace mine) at the AT&T store, went to lunch, then to the sporting goods store for my swim goggles and cap.

Back at home, bf went to a friend's for a b-day celebration for the friend's kids while I trimmed 3 shrubs that had grown into one giant shrub. Better now, but I have still more shrubs to trim. I should get out early tomorrow while it's still cool and the area is shaded. Since I was all sweated up, I took doggy for a walk after that and then finally got my shower. Ahhh.

When bf gets home, we might go over to the local festival to see a blues band that's performing there.

That's about it, so I'll stop rambling. Take care everyone!!

Last edited by Laura705; 07-03-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #17  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
BE HAPPY

YESTERDAY JUST FLEW BY. I ASKED AND NO ONE WANTED TO WATCH DVDS BUT THEY ASKED IF I COULD PUT THE TV ON FOR THEM. SEEMS SOME OF THE SENIORS STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND THE CABLE BOX. SO I PUT IT ON THE TURNER CLASSIC CHANNEL. THEY LOVED IT AND WATCHED THOSE MOVIES. LOTS OF JUDY GARLAND. LAST I SAW OF THEM THEY WERE GLUED TO THE TV WITH THE WIZARD OF OZ! SO THANKS CEEJAY...HAD I NOT ASKED, I WOULD NEVER HAVE KNOWN THEY NEEDED HELP. I ALSO HAD A CHANCE TO REINFORCE THE HEAT WAVE WARNINGS. SO IT WAS A GOOD DAY ALL IN ALL. HOPE EVERYONE HAS A GREAT 4TH.

CEEJAY....YOU BETTER BE TAKING GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF AND STOP LIFTING, PUSHING AND PULLING!! YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE HEALING NOT JUMPING AROUND LIKE AN FRIGGING ACROBAT!!BLOOD PRESSURE WHILE DOING PHYSICAL STUFF IS RIGHT THERE IN THE NOSE!!! SO NO MORE NOSEBLEEDS FOR YOU OR I'LL SEND SHAD DOWN THERE TO "Slip, slop and slap" YOU AROUND!!

SHAD....BETTER KEEP AN EYE ON CEEJAY AND GET THE CATTLE PROD READY TO FIRE UP!! SHE'S MISBEHAVING!!!I HAVE THE APOSTLES AS MY DESKTOP NOW. THANKS. "Caernarvon Gorge"....DOES THAT HAVE ANYTHING TOM DO WITH HIS LORDSHIP?? I MUST GO AND CHECK THAT OUT IN A FEW. YOU ARE REALLY THE JET SETTER/ROVING NOMAD THIS MONTH! AT LEAST YOU ARE GETTING IN SOME GOOD SIGHTS AND WE ARE REAPING THE BENEFITS!!! HAVE A SAFE TRIP.

MICHELLE...I HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND NOT MISSING OUT ON THE HOLIDAY. REST WELL MY FRIEND

HAPPY....ARE YOU IN THE POOL GETTING RID OF THAT HEADACHE THE OTHER DAY HOPE YOU ARE!!

ANNIE...SENDING MORE HEALING THOUGHTS FOR DAD AND SOME HAPPY THOUGHTS FOR YOU

LAURA....WHAT'S ON THE AGENDA FOR THE WEEKEND? MORE BE???

MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 08:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

morning all

made a trip to the emergency room last night as the nose bleed got out of hand. my neighbor drove me. the er doctor packed my nose and gave me a shot in my packing. I'm still bleeding but not as bad. He told me not to go to work today and to report to my doctor on monday. i had to call my boss last night at 10.30 p.m. and he wasn't the most happiest camper.
i've done some research on line and it looks like the saline solution that the ent is having me use may be the culprit. but on my visit thursday when he vacuumed my nose there was some bleeding then also. i'm thinking that this is a sign that i should have taken medical leave and will look into this monday. i still have 2 more visits with the ent. what do you think on the idea of a medical leave? i'd go to the ent but he's on vacation this week.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-04-2010 at 08:39 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:04 AM   #19  
Happy September

JEANETTE....SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ER & THE PACKING! YIKES!! WHEN YOU SEE THE DR TELL THEM WHAT YOUR JOB ENTAILS AND ASK IF HE RECOMMENDS MEDICAL LEAVE....PHYSICAL STUFF MIGHT BE OUT OF BOUNDS TILL THIS THING HEALS. STAY IN THE A/C AND KEEP COOL./ SUN CAUSES RISES IN BP. SENDING LOTS OF HEALING THOUGHTS YOUR WAY

PS...WHAT DR IS OPEN TOMORROW?? ISN'T IT A HOLIDAY??

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-04-2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:16 AM   #20  

Ceejay - Sorry to hear about the complications you're having! Someone must be "on call" for your ENT doc - I'd do as Mel recommended. More healing might be needed before you can work again. Take care!

Mel - Glad the seniors enjoyed the classic movie channel! It's going to be hot today, so I may or may not do more shrub trimming. Our village has their parade today at 1 pm, or the village "next door" has theirs tomorrow morning. Tonight we'll definitely see fireworks. Right now, I'll throw a load of laundry in the washer and read the Sunday paper. Love that patriotic graphic you posted!!

Last night we saw the blues band at the festival - great. Love that kind of music. The audience, at least in the first set, was pretty staid, even for the blues. I suppose there are people there who are just there to enjoy free entertainment and don't really know who's performing. When this guy would jam on his guitar, it sort of felt like that scene in the movie Back to the Future when Michael J. Fox did his wild electric guitar solo and the 1950's audience was in shock, LOL. They weren't really prepared for Melvyn Taylor, ha ha.

Off to brew a cuppa tea...
Old 07-04-2010, 03:02 PM   #21  

laura
I would have enjoyed the blues concert. I'm going to be disappointed if that was my nephew's band. He does some awesome things with that guitar.

update on my predicument
My neighbor suggested that I call the ent's office number where there might be an emergency number. There was. I'm waiting for his call back as I'm typing. The person who answered the phone said that he was on call. I told her that I went to the ER last night. He was supposed to be on vacation this week.
My boss called me earlier today asking questions to see what he had to do to get some one to fill in for me. He told me it looked like I may be off the rest of the week. He was actually pretty nice about it today.

Last edited by ceejay52; 07-04-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #22  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Had a mental day in the yard. 8 hours of yard work and still not done. Got the decorative bricks layed on the sides of the driveway and didn't fall!! whew whoo, guess I could say I get it naturally, with mom falling and dad falling.....no broken arms this time.....

Dad is recovering nicely. Bleeding in brain almost dissappeared. Body is handling it well. He is going to Hook's acute rehab for a week or two to learn to walk like a real person. His scooting and sliding is getting him into trouble. He will go on this coming Tuesday therefore remaining in the hospital til then.

Not doing fireworks tonight, as I am one tired puppy. Yard work, dad, and life is too exhausting.

Nighty night all.... much love and lots of hugs...happy 4th...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM   #23  

The ent contacted me and told me it would be a good idea that I go to the er in jonesboro. Glad I did on the way there my nose stated bleeding again.
I have to say that this emergency room was a lot better than the one here.

The er doctor told me not to do any activity or bend over until i saw my ent. That means no work until the 15th.

Went to see the fire works last night. I needed that little outing.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #24  
Happy September

HAPPY MONDAY MORNING CHICKS! HAVE A GREAT NEW WEEK!

AT 6:00 PM WE HAD A FLOOD FROM THE 3RD FLOOR DOWN TO THE LOBBY...... AND I MEAN FLOOD. I NEVER SAW SO MUCH FRIGGING WATER POURING OUT OF A CEILING! 3' DROP-CEILING TILES CRASHING DOWN TO THE FLOOR. I FEEL TIRED AND A WEE BIT CRANKY TODAY. I FINALLY GOT TO BED AROUND 12:30. FIREMEN ALL OVER THE PLACE. THE WATER SET THE ALARMS OFF WHEN THEY ALL GOT WET. I WAS STUCK DOWNSTAIRS CAUSE THE ELEVATORS AUTOMATICALLY CEASE TO RUN UNLESS THERE IS ANOTHER EMERGENCY, I AM DOING NOTHING TODAY!! THE HEAT IS OPPRESSIVE WHEN YOU GO OUT THE DOOR AND THERE IS NOT EVEN A TINY BREEZE. IT'S SO STILL OUTSIDE THT IT'S EERIE
OK I AM DONE COMPLAINING

CEEJAY...GLAD YOU GOT TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE AND GO TO ANOTHER ER. I HOPE YOU JUST REST UP TILL THE 15TH HOPE THE FIREWORKS HELPED TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER!

LAURA....YOU CRACKED ME UP WITH THE MELVYN STORY...I COULD JUST SEE THEM!! PARADES & FIREWORKS....GOTTA LOVE THE HOLIDAYS!!

ANNIE.....THINKING OF YOU TODAY AND HOPE YOU HAVE ONE DAY NOF REST JUST FOR YOURSELF. GLAD DAD IS DOING SO WELL AND YOU HAD NO MISHAPS IN THE GARDEN. MAYBE I SHOULD JOIN DAD IN THE REHAB...BEEN CRASHING INTO THINGS WITH THE CHAIR LATELY

Last edited by MELODY525; 07-05-2010 at 08:41 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 09:35 AM   #25  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

This weekend is just bolting past me. I am getting things done but seem to make no headway and have as much to do as when I started out Friday night. Got a busy day ahead too.

Mel - geez what happened with the flood - broken water pipe? 3 floors too - whadda mess that will be. With the elevators down, all you can do is hide out and stay cool. The building will have to take care of itself.

Ceejay - sorry the nose is acting up - guess that means like my foot you needed more healing time than you thought you did. I would opt for medical leave knowing what I do now. If you go on medical leave you are out for a specific time and people know what's going on and they don't bug you. If you take it day by day you feel pressured to come back to work perhaps too early and if you aren't up to snuff people get frustrated if you need a few more days until you are well again. That's my 2 cents. Take it easy lady.

Annie - glad you didn't fall down and can understand how the yard work would be so exhausting. Do you ever get a few hours to yourself to just relax? Seems you are always hustling over one thing or another. But then again if you find working in the yard relaxing by all means do it Glad to hear Dad is doing better but sounds like you're going to have to keep an eye on that man.

Laura - how were the fireworks? When we first moved into AH I could sit on the end of my lot (we had a corner house) and watch the MP fireworks from our yard. And then eventually the trees grew taller and we could only see half of them unless we climbed on the roof - NOT. Never did go to see the ones at the race track.

Shad - happy travels. That gorge sounds lovely - I hope you can get up there and get some pictures as you know we travel vicariously through you

Michelle - how's the fishing up your way? Are you feeling any better?

Hate to cut this short but I have to shower and start the first of many run around errands today. Starting with exchanging my eye glasses. Happy Monday chicks.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 05:23 PM   #26  

Happy Monday everyone!

Annie - Sounds like a productive day in the garden. Glad there were no mishaps. Good to hear your dad is getting better.

Ceejay - Glad you're going to be getting more healing time! Take it easy during your time off!

Mel - Ugh, what a disaster with the flood. Hope you're catching up on your sleep today! Keep cool, heard about the heat wave out your way - we're getting hot weather here too. I'm having a love/hate relationship w/ the AC.

Happy - We went to MP's fireworks - always a nice display. Never been to the show at Arl. Park. Someday perhaps.

Hellos to Shad & Michelle!

Not much to report. Today was lazy in the AM and then some grocery shopping in the afternoon. Bought a ton of fruit - yum!! Tonight is dinner w/ bf and his mother for my b-day.

Unless I mixed it up with some recycling while I was sorting my mail, I never received my monthly train pass in the mail - all paid for via payroll deduction. I need to get in touch w/ the co. that we get them through to see if they can help. Otherwise I'm stuck paying for another pass. Good excuse to take some vacation days in July and just buy some 10-ride tickets.

Okay, need to fix hair and makeup before leaving for dinner.

Last edited by Laura705; 07-05-2010 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:03 AM   #27  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Happy birthday Laura. You kept that quiet. Mel would normally never let anyone get away with that!!!

Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:07 AM   #28  

I called my boss this afternoon and told him what was going on. He's really been nice about the whole thing. He's bringing the paper work to me to sign to go on short term. He did tell me to bring an excuse for Sunday since I was suppose to work that day to keep my record from showing an unexcused absense. I don't know this for sure but I have a feeling that the others will go to 8 hour shifts until my return. I've had a lazy day.
The girls from down the street came by and I hired them to clean house for a couple of weeks. They need the money. I may let them clean my house for awhile. They were being nosey and wanted to know why my neighbor was driving my car.

Annie
Glad to hear you got a lot of yard work done with out taking a fall.

Laura
Have a good visit woth bf and his mother. How is the doggie? What a bummer on the train pass. Maybe it is late do to the holiday.

Happy
Isn't it strange that when we have some free time off that we can't get any thing done. I understand that though. Yes I'll be out till the 15th when I go back to the ENT. I didn't realize how complicated this could be. My aunt breezed through her's.

Mel
Oh my what a mess you are having. If i could I'd be there to help sweep up the water. Did a pipe burst?

Shad
Be safe in your travels this week. I enjoy seeing the pictures.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:09 AM   #29  

Happy birthday laura.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #30  
~Insane Java Turtle~

Happy Birthday Laura
Hotcupojava is offline   Reply With Quote