Old 07-30-2010, 10:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

Thanks! I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm not a really big fan of drinking alcohol, but I'm sure I'll have a few too many margarita's at Margaritaville in Niagara Falls for the occasion. But that's okay, lots of water on Sunday I'll be back on track!

It cooled down a lot tonight. I was sitting outside with my fiance and out dog wearing a tank top and capris and I was cold! I had to put on a sweater! But I'm fine with that
Stella4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 11:10 PM   #47  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

Hope you had a great time at our party, STELLA ... we had a nice, quiet weekend at home. Nice mixed bag of weather; some ... some ... some breeze ... some ... some ... told you it was mixed ...

Had a nice chicken dinner with roasted veggies; and made an apple & rhubarb & strawberrry conserve at the same time, plus some banana-blueberry loaves for DH for his snacks. Hope you all had a good weekend; take care ... Rosebud
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #48  

Had a great time at my party! It was so much fun. My weight was up a little bit (from alcohol - not bad food choices) but hopefully it will be back down by my next weigh in on Wednesday.

I had planned to lose another 10 pounds before the wedding, but at my dress fitting today I was told not to lose anymore than 2-3lbs as my dress wouldn't fit properly. Oh wedding drama.

Weather has been nice lately. Sunny but not too humid.

Hope everyone has a great (short) week.
Old 08-03-2010, 07:30 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 249/237/190

Height: 5' 11"

hello all,

Stella...glad to hear you had a good time at your party. I just happened to read back and realized you had responded to my question about the fruit. Thanks, I'll have to try it soon. I love warm fruit so I'm sure it won't be hard to get me to try it.
I hear we are supposed to have another HOT week. I'm almost (notice the almost) thinking i'm ready for winter. At least the evenings cool down quite a bit.

Also...I got my ticker, YAAAAY! I was so excited to get it. I love being able to see the progress as the lady bug craaaawls along. Hope it goes quicker than that.haha

Last edited by JJ Canada; 08-03-2010 at 07:32 PM.
JJ Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #50  

I think my ticker's broken! LOL

Well my weigh-in is tomorrow. So hopefully it budges - fingers crossed for a certain direction.

Very hot today! Ugh. Motivation for housework goes down the tubes when its sticky like this.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #51  
Rosebud

Ya, it was a bit hotter here today too; we went up town to pick up a few things we needed, like fish and salad stuff. So, I got a bit of walking in today and that is good. We had a light dinner becuz of that; too hot for a hot meal (had deli chicken & salad for lunch instead).

Supposed to again tomorrow; we'll see if it does or not. I don't mind as it waters my garden for me ...

Hope everyone has a good week! Rosebud
Old 08-08-2010, 05:21 PM   #52  
Rosebud

What a lovely day we had today -- we packed a small picnic lunch and went out fishing for the afternoon ... and I was the only one who caught a fish (plus two young boys on another dock caught two as well). It was a young one about 18" long, so I set him free (catch & release) so that he can continue to grow for the future ...

A perfect way to spend a Sunday afternoon; now DH is conked from the and he is having a nap before dinner ...

We have had a mix of and for the last few days and RAINBOWS every day and yesterday, we had 4 or 5 in one day; never seen that before (I even got some pictures).

Hope you all have a great week coming up ... Rosebud
Old 08-12-2010, 04:15 PM   #53  
Rosebud

HELLO, FELLOW CANUCKS ~ hope everyone is having an awesome August ... we are! The weather has cooled down nicely here; esp in the AM and at night: perfect for sleeping. Still a bit in the afternoon up to dinnertime; in the 80's, but that is much better than the 90's + we had in July.

We have been busy as of late; went fishing, went visiting, have done some gardening like adding soil to the beds, etc. We plan to go blueberry picking this and next week; and do some more fishing. They are getting ready for our Summerfest & Blueberry Festival coming up very soon as well. We will also be going up to stay at our lot and camper this month as well. So there will be some fun things to do this month.

Take good care and enjoy the rest of summer ... Rosebud
Old 08-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #54  

Hello...still around but being a little quiet over here. Hope all is well with everyone and that you are all keeping cool. I think this is the hottest summer we have had in a long time! We were supposed to be going up to Noelville on the Frencgh river next week but cancelled the holiday since we bought a pool instead this year.I think I'm gonna miss the loon calls, the misty lake in the morning and the sound of fish jumping...AAAAHHH. I think I'm going to cry...we rarely miss a year of cottaging...Gulp..better get a hold of myself and plug away here and get our pool set up soon!!!
Old 08-13-2010, 06:37 PM   #55  

Hi everyone.. been busy with wedding prep and honeymoon research. We booked our honeymoon for two days after the wedding. We decided on Cuba and we'll be there for 8 days. We are wayyyy to excited. I can't wait.

Weather here has been pretty hot, not too much rain. But I haven't noticed too much
Old 08-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #56  

I'm excited for you. Hope everything goes as wonderfully as mine did. We honeymooned in what i call "Up North" at a remote cottage with no hydro or running water. talk about romantic. We truly had a great time
Old 08-14-2010, 06:03 PM   #57  
Rosebud

STELLA ~ congrats to you -- lots of people going to CUBA these days for honeymoons, weddings, and vacations. Have a grand time ...

JJ ~ awe, too bad you couldn't have done both; had your pool and keep your one week or weekend at the cottage too. WE are blessed to go to my sister's B & B on Miller's Lake on hwy 6 just below Tobermory. We are going the first week of September ... should be lots of fun. We haven't been down south since my mother's funeral in 1993. Enjoy the pool though ...

Very, very here today too; our de-humidifier almost overflowed on DH -- that's how much moisture in the air and that was just for this afternoon. He went to empty it and it was so full, he spilled a bit. Gonna go get dinner right now; just nuking leftover BBQ spit chicken, new potatoes, and veggies.

Take care ... Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 08-14-2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-14-2010, 08:15 PM   #58  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

I just wanted to say hi. I just found this thread on here. It seems everyone is Ontario and west so I may be the only one that is actually east in NB. We had a gorgeous day here today. It was 30C but not as humid as it has been so you could actually be outside if you wanted to be. I look forward to getting to know you guys a bit!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #59  
Rosebud

ALANNAH ~ glad you found us over here; the more the merrier. Summer is a busy time for us Canucks. WE will be going out to our camping lot next week, if this weather cools down a bit for us. DH has some stuff he wants to get done; and we have to check on the grass to make sure it isn't getting too long.

WE had our 100th birthday celebrations this weekend; DH was so upset that he missed the dragon boat race today. They held it just as he came back home for lunch ... Well, at least we know for next year. Someone needs to put out a timed itinerary for the people so they know when the events are being held; just saying what day isn't enuff. Who knows, maybe we missed that as we did miss getting a paper this month ...

Have a lovely Sunday tomorrow, eh?
Old 08-17-2010, 07:48 PM   #60  
Rosebud

Well, things have cooled off quite a bit this week, so far; we hand and on and off for the last two days, but my green beans and gladiolas are lovin' that. It is supposed to warm up as the week goes along and will be back up into the mid-80's by the weekend, if they are right ...

Made a roast chicken with piles of veggies yesterday; and we had some leftovers for dinner tonight ... love roast veggies now -- they are sooo filling. Still have lots of veggies leftover for more meals and/or soup this week too. Since it was so wet today, we decided to stay home and did a big cleaning of the house this AM; relaxed and did some reading for awhile this afternoon.

We still hope to get up to our lot this week and maybe try to find some blueberries too, if we can. Plus, I'd better start getting our suitcases ready for our holiday in September too; don't want to leave everything to the last minute. Hope you all are having a great week ... Rosebud