Old 06-27-2010, 05:32 AM   #1  

Default Too big for school desks?

Hello all! I'm just getting up and about to start on a lousy research paper hehe. I joined this site a few weeks prior, and I haven't been logging in as much since summer courses are such a pain! I just finished with midterms. Anywho, lately I've been extremely down.

Switching between summer sessions meant I'd be going into new classes with new people. Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I get extremely nervous when I walk into a new environment with other people. I immediately start to think bad. First off, the desks at my school are just ridiculous! I know many people complain about them (big & small), but it's just worse for the bigger people. I feel contained and very uncomfortable in that small wooden desk. I get so embarrassed while hoping no on sees me struggling.

I wanted to focus on my weight this summer, I just never new how stressful this term was going to be. I'm still hanging in there. I'm still watching what I eat, but lacking in exercise. I need to stop making up excuses, that's what.

Well, I just felt like getting a bit of my chest. By the way, as usual, not so many classmates are friendly. I've always smiled and said hi to people, and most of the time they just ignore me. But when a toned blond athlete walks in and says hello, every one is jumping at her. THAT is not helping me at all with my weight loss. It's just sad.

I know I shouldn't droop over stuff like that, but it just gets to me sometimes. It's hard going through day by day, with the majority of influence around are shallow people.

I hope all is well! Thank you for taking a few minutes of your time to read Have a great day <3 Jessy
jessikaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:08 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 242/242/120

Height: 5'3"

I've had the same problem! When I went through school the first time, I hated those desks because my feet wouldn't reach the floor (I'm 5'2") and my legs and butt would fall asleep during class. When I took additional classes in my mid-30s, I hated those desks because I was so big that getting in and out of them was problematic. And my legs and butt would STILL fall asleep!

As you get smaller, this will be less of an issue, but I agree that it stinks.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote