Old 06-03-2010, 08:25 AM   #1  

Default How to do weght loss faster?

Hi,
I am doing everything which, i can do to lose weight. But, not getting any success. What should i do? I am totally confused weight loss pills will work for me.Need suggestions.
patrclwis85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/ticker/115

Height: 5'6

Hi, give more info on your food/exercise activities and on you. Maybe you'll get some great specific suggestions.
crimsons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:43 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

Hi Pat,

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Diet pills usually only work when they're taken along side a healthy diet and exercise plan, but I think losing weight the all natural way is much more rewarding. :-)

There really isn't any secret to losing weight, diet and exercise WILL work, as long as you are consistent. Start out with small changes and cutting back your portion sizes. Start exercising 3-6 times per week. Make a plan and stick to it for 2 weeks - I bet you'll have dropped a few pounds!

Good luck and let us know your progress!
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 224/212/160

Height: 5'6

There are some medical conditions which can make it difficult to lose weight, despite exercise and dieting. I would make sure you talk to your doctor about what you are doing. I was dieting and exercising for nearly a year with NO weight loss. It turned out that I had "insulin resistance" and basically my body was preventing me from losing weight despite anything that I did dieting/exercise wise. I am now on medication for the insulin resistance and now when I diet and exercise I actually am seeing some weight come off.

Generally weight loss does happen with exercise and dieting. However, there are times when something else may be at play. (as in my case). I would suggest keeping records of what you eat and how much you exercise and going over that with a doctor. If you can show that you have been sticking to a sensible dieting and exercise regimin for an extended period of time (several months) without "any" change in weight loss (or measurements), then I would hope a doctor could have some ideas for pointing you in the right direction.
JennyGirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 06:55 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/264/160

Height: 5'7"

My advice is to have a full medical exam with blood work and see if there is something there that may be hindering you. Secondly, change your mind set. Start with small changes, like adding more water, and starting an exercise program. And when you fall off the wagon, no big deal just climb right back on. This journey is not an easy one and i understand how you feel. I am diabetic have PCOS and euthyroid sick syndrome. Weight loss is something I have to work on everyday, it has not been easy, but since I found the right doctor and he prescribed the right meds, I have dropped seven pounds in two weeks. Hang in there.

Lanniedo
Lanniedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:15 PM   #6  

it's best not to rely on pills, though there are certain healthy supplements which can add a little 'oomph' to your efforts. you should spend a little time learning the science of weight loss, then you can plan a strategy that works for you as an individual.
EatYourGreens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 07:08 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

I started eating about half of what I had been eating! No pills or special diets. Just choosing healthier foods. When I go out to eat I get a To-Go box & take out 1/2 before I'm tempted to eat it all! I've added exercise, mostly walking, some bike riding. I try to exercise at least 5 days a week. Good Luck!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote