Old 05-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #16  

Good morning, ladies. Another rainy day = high humidity = tight chest and short of breath.

Faye, its true some conditions over lap so watching hoarders may give you insight into weight loss. Post a picture of the socks when you finish them. I love seeing your finished projects. I had to laugh when you said it was hot with the AC set at 70. I rarely set mine lower than 78. I turn all my fans on when it gets to 76. Fans really help. Potassium helps leg cramps.

Jean, I don't think I've ever had humidity in my fridge. It would be nice to get your fireplace done by the place close to home, especially since you can ask the nearby homeowners how they like the work.

I need to put a load of laundry in the dryer - have a good day.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM   #17  

Maggie: I forgot to ask you, does this soup freeze well? I would like to make up portions and freeze them for fast food if I have a hunger attack. Thanks!

Susan: I hope you feel better soon. I am afraid we are in for a very humid summer.

Oh and I am down a #

Last edited by gma22; 05-24-2010 at 11:16 AM.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:22 PM   #18  
Thin Within

Talking Marvelous Monday

GOOD MORNING MAGNOLIAS

It is a rather still day here in the heartland but gonna be hot. The air conditioner has alredy come on and we have the ceiling fans whirring. I showed a maintain at weigh in this am and am pleased as punch. I lost such a huge chunk last week that I didn't know how my body would react this week. Today I start phase 2 and am going to bake a nice loaf of bread. I have decided on an orange a day to reintroduce fruit into my system. I will decide later what fruit I want to add next week. This week I can make a jicama salad which has orange sections in it. Yes, that is a definite plan. I chose oranges because I can fix them so many different ways besides just eating them out of the peel. I do like a sectioned orange with a boiled egg for breakfast. Now I can have a piece of toast along with it. I think I will do just that when I finish here. Life is good.

JEAN That is too funny about your visitor and the curtinless cabin. Certainly don't want to titilate or shock the neighbors. You may want to watch your fridge closely for that doesn't sound good at all. Ours has the door seal not working so well and asking to be replaced. I think we are going to buy one and put this one out in the shed for it isn't ours, came with the house. I hope one of those with a side freezers will fit into that space. Don't need a big freezer space since we have that big upright one that works great. We will have to see.

SUSAN Girlfriend I hope you are breathing better. Do take it easy.

DONNA FAYE Susan is right that potassium helps. Bananas are high in potassium and when I get cramps in my legs I eat one and soon the cramps subside. Bananas work. Yes the soup freezes well. In fact I have some in my freezer as I type. You know if you want to make a meal out of it or just need to add some points you can add a few one point meat balls in it and some freshly grated parmeson cheese. I have even added leftover green beans to it. I like to cook it where the veggies are not all mushy like. I have even placed half of a pack that has thawed into my blender and then back into the pot with the rest of it and it kinda makes it like a creamy soup with veggies in it. We have been watching a lot of baseball here and some of the games are so ho hum. Where have all the good pitchers gone? I am looking forward to the series. My Dodgers are looking good. The Cubbies are Will's team and anyone that is playing the Giants.

The man is supposed to be here today to plow up our yard. OH boy. This yard is so huge I wonder why sprinklers were never installed. Probably a good thing they weren't because then we couldn't have it all plowed up. It would be so nice if we could stripe it like the baseball field grass. Well maybe not but we want all the same kind of grass planted and no weeds. Weeds be gone. It is going to be some chore to keep the dirt damp after it is seeded. Not my job.

Well Magnolias, I must get my breakfast. Type at y'all later.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #19  

Just peeking in on my way by with a load of clothes to put away.

Susan -- The sun has been in and out as the wind blows big puffy white clouds by. It is another terribly windy day and we are in another advisory. We keep the air set about 75/76 with the furnace fan running constantly. I do like the ceiling fans too. I'd like some "windows open and no wind" kind of weather before the summer heat sets in.

"Gma" -- I saw where you snuck in that pound lost!

Maggie -- I am ready for some STILL! Are you still going to WW even though you are doing the SBD? A maintain is good after your big loss last week. I am watching the fridge, just hate to call the repairman. The fridge isn't that old to have any problems yet imo. Bob mows our yard in different patterns and sometimes it looks like the baseball field.

Well, on to my next challenge to find a set of double bed sheets to send up to the cabin with bil. I brought bedding home to wash because my washer is bigger.

Last edited by Jean; 05-24-2010 at 02:38 PM.
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:51 PM   #20  
Thin Within

Talking Back at Ya

HOWDY MAGNOLIAS

I just gotta tell ya. Will came in awhile ago and said, "Lets go look at a new fridge." We found a side by side made my Whirlpool that will fit in that opening and orderd one in stainless to be delivered this coming Friday. We will put this one out on the patio to hold produce from the garden until we can process it. Makes sense to me. This winter we may move it downststairs to store things I have dired in the dehydrator. We'll see.

DONNA FAYE YEAH you are a pound down . Way to go girlfriend.

JEAN Nope I am not going to WW. I just can't stand the meetings here. Not a bit helpful to me. I know the program. I am going to do the WW program with the good hints and food lists from the SB. Meaning - I will eat better then I had been. More whole grains, etc. Both programs go hand in hand with the SB more on the whole grain foods.

Everyone have a wonderful evening.

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 AM   #21  

Good morning to you all! I hope your day is starting out well. I have made a decision about losing weight that I hope will actualy work for me. I loved WW but was finding that though I stayed in points, I was nutritionally lacking a lot and seemed to then slip back into bad habits. I found a free diet website that allows you to pick a program, had a place to journal, a place to blog, keep exercise info, the whole nine yards. I am hoping that this will help me get on the straight and narrow and lose the weight and set up a lifestyle. It is really pretty cool. It gives you a menu that you can change at will but at the top shows the calories, proteins, carbs, fat range you have to stay in. If you change let's say a whole wheat pancake to cereal, you just have to look at the top and see how it affected nutritionally where you should be. This will help me eat the right foods yet give me freedom too. It also allows me to privately pour out some of the personal issues I have into a blog without anyone seeing it.

Maggie: Thanks for the soup info. I like veggie soup and it sounds very good. It is one of those things that you can dress up or dress down according to what you do or don't like.

Jean: We had a big rainstorm move through here yesterday, but it sure makes its so humid. My son is already grousing about the heat up there and it is in the 80's. I told him I thought we were in for a tough summer.

Susan: Hope you are in a better breathing range and feeling abit more like yourself. I will post a pic of Jackson's socks when Jack re-installs my photo program. I have asked but think I am going to have to go into nag mode! lol

You gals have a great day. I am going to get some oatmeal then tackle the upstairs bathrooms and general chores. Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote