3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Women of Color #3

Old 06-08-2010, 12:02 PM   #106
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies!!! Just a quick pop in for accountability.
So I'm doing well this week. I have been pushing myself through my workouts because I like to go to the gym and get on the treadmill. Slowly but surely I'm getting back to running. I hoping that by the end of the summer I can run a mile nonstop.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:13 PM   #107
Just Keep on Running

S/C/G: 179/148/120

Height: 5'6.5

hey everyone. I also wanted to pop in and update. I've recently started a new job(I really need the money) so my main goal is to stay on top of my workouts, even though I have limited time most days. My eating has been good. Today I got a good run in and I walked a bunch too.

Enjoy your day everyone!
GW2: 137
GW3: 125

Ultimate GW: 120
energie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 04:28 PM   #108
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/160/Maintaining

Height: 5'8"

Hi everyone,

I have been following your thread for the past couple of days and am very interested to join. I have been fighting this weight battle all my life and I am tired of it. I finally went to see a nutritionist on the 19th of May and he told me that I weighed 202 punds! I was so shocked. He put me on a 1200 calorie diet though and after one week I was down 2.7lbs. My next weigh in is tomorrow so I am hoping for a good number.

I have been hitting the gym really hard but sometimes I wonder if 1200 calories is enough? I have been reading on other threads that 1200 calories might be too small. What do you ladies think?

Last edited by Slim CB : 06-08-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:28 PM   #109

S/C/G: 241/241/165

Height: 5'5

Greetings Ladies

I hope everyone is doing well. As for me, last week I lost 1.4 lbs, which I am grateful for but was hoping for at least 2. I am still trying to get in to a good exercise plan. I just don't have the energy when i get home from work. I think I may try to do Walk Away Pounds video before work. It is only 30 mins long. Also, maybe that will give me an extra boost for work. Well I will see how it goes.

SlimCB- In my opinion 1200 cal is too low. You may want to start a little higher and work you way down.

for every 10lbs
rasta4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #110

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

1200 is the lowest I'd go. It also depends on your workouts. If you are putting a workout that burns 300 calories and are only eating 1200 calories then actually you are getting only 900 calories per day. Talk to your nutritionist and ask about calorie counts & working out.

Oh yeah, I ran a straight mile today!!! So GEEKED!!!!

Last edited by tikanique : 06-08-2010 at 10:21 PM.
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #111

Thanks Ladies. I will talk to him when I see him this evening. Have a good day everyone!
Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #112

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

Hi all!! Just a quick drive by post here. Got in my 5AM back and biceps workout, ran a mile, then walked a mile. The Crew has my calendar filled for the rest of the day so I'm SO glad I dragged my tushy out of bed this morning.

Mini-rant!!! Why is it that my boobs / behind leave FIRST!?!?!?!? I have a bunch of shirts that look positively EMPTY in the chest / shoulder area. I can fit my hand into my bra and not touch anything on either side. And there is enough room now in the seat of my pants to fit Trina's butt. However the waistband isn't loose enough to make me feel like it's time to buy new clothes. The more I workout, the more I look like Humpty Dumpty! Ah well, I'll get everything into proportion eventually.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #113
I luv my curves

S/C/G: 255/ticker/180

Height: 5'1 3/4

Runners????????? I really want to become a jogger or runner I think thats what Im going to work on for the rest of this month.

GOALS
1- 217 back to low-accomplished
2- 210 -Count down til onderland!!
3- 205/ 50lbs lost
4- 199 - Most important goal!!
5- 180- FINAL Goal

"Believe in yourself"
Matilda08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 02:23 PM   #114
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Hey ladies,
I've had a great day. The gym on campus offers a Zumba class and I went today. It was a lot of fun but a good workout. I'm sure my sides and abs are gonna be killing me tomorrow. Good thing it wasn't my first workout. Ida passed out.

Ya'll are doing great. I think I'm gonna buy that Zumba DVD. Have a great day ladies.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:47 PM   #115
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

Tikanique - my boobies were the first to go too. I never had much butt (squats and lunges are helping) - but I loved my boobs. Now they are starting to look like marbles in a tube sock.

Matilda - if you are thinking about becoming a runner, have you looked into couch to 5k? It seems to be a good plan.

Me - I didn't work out yesterday. I wasn't feeling very well yesterday and am not feeling well today but I am determined to go run/work out to see if that helps. I also don't have an appetite, not sure why. I'm kind of anxious about a few things in my life right now, maybe that's my issue. On top of that I'm not sleeping well. Monday night was all me - I stayed up too late watching Hip Hop Honors Dirty South . I haven't gotten a good nite of sleep since. I will check in after my run this afternoon Hopefully it will keep me accountable!

ETA: Checking in, I went to the gym and got my 71 minutes in for the day!

And to Jigglefree, WELCOME fellow ATLIEN

Visit me on Sparkpeople!
http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=LEXIEMUSTANG

Add me on pinterest! http://www.pinterest.com/grneyedmustang/

"Losers quit when they're tired, winners quit when they've won!" --Kevin Hart

"You can't out-exercise poor eating habits." - nelie, 3fc

Last edited by grneyedmustang : 06-09-2010 at 08:25 PM.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:08 PM   #116
I luv my curves

Hello ladies I hope all is well!!!

grneyed- Ive done that program before and it was a great program. Once I start im going to just go at my own paste but it will still be structured like the c2k program. I can run for a few mins without stopping so im not all that bad. I havent been feeling well lately myself. TOM has started and I just feel ugh but I still made it to the gym today and got my 60 mins in!

Whats going on everyone is soooo quiet? Summer time should be really a great time to post Im sure everyone is trying to get sexi for the lovely weather lol lol!!!!

GOALS
3- 205/ 50lbs lost
5- 180- FINAL Goal

"Believe in yourself"
Old 06-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #117
I luv my curves

Besides diets has any of you been out on any dates lately? Even those of you married gals how is life with hubby if you dont mind speaking on it. I mean I feel pretty comfy talking to you guys and we always talk about diets lol lol!

GOALS
3- 205/ 50lbs lost
5- 180- FINAL Goal

"Believe in yourself"
Old 06-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #118
Jillian's B!tch

S/C/G: 250/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Tikanique- I do the hand in my bra too!!!! I really need to get some more, but I wanna wait until I lose some more.

Matilda- Stick it out with the joggin! Running with a group really helps me. Go as slow as you need to, just don't quit! And I haven't been on any dates- that sux

Hi Slim, I don't really know where you are in your weight loss journey, but 1200 is the lowest amount recommended for anyone. People usually start out higher than that to they have room to decrease their calories as they lose. Losing almost 3 lbs in a week is a lot. Plus if your workouts are intense, you body needs fuel.

As for me, I'm full of hot air. I haven't cracked down on myself yet. Doing decent, but not super focused. Gotta do better.

Check out my blog- Healthy Black Girl!

Making it happen.
beaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:20 AM   #119

Hi all,

I went for my check up yesterday and guess what......I am down 8lbs now! In 3 weeks! I am now at 194...and no longer obese. He also added one more snack into my program so thats good.

Today is my rest day and I dont know if its because Ihave been working out so hard but today I feel really drained....so tired. I have been taking my vitamins so I dont know what could be the cause.

I am happy though because 8lbs in a week is a lot.....plus I have also lost 6.75 inches. Pretty cool huh?
Old 06-10-2010, 04:23 PM   #120
live ur life

S/C/G: 236/230/150

Height: 5'8

HEY ladies!!

just checking in --- so I'm still on plan. I"m really really scared I'm going on vacation and I don't want to mess up my progress. I haven't gonna shopping for the past 25 lbs lol and I'm swimming in my clothes so I'm planning to get some clothes soon.

Welcome Slim -- make sure you eat a higher amount of calories because if you eat too little it will be hard to maintain once you reach goal. Whatst worked for me is to increase my workouts- Just like that TV show biggest loser the key ingredient to weight loss is to work out the hardest you can. ANyway Slim we are around the same weight and height and we have the same goal! LOL Let's do this, let's get to 160! My goal is to be 160 by end of Septemberish..but I might stop at 170 because I have a large body frame and might not need to get down that low.

Beaka you can do it! you're words of support mean a lot to everyone

Matilda I would definitely do couch 2 5k --- you should consider interval training like they do on the biggest loser. They run the fastest they can for 2 minutes then walk 5 minutes then 2 minutes on and they keep going like that. I started doing that and it's been great -- I've been able to build up my endurance to run for a half hour straight. Running is an amazing way to get those pounds to disappear. On my personal life, I just met a guy that my friends set me up with but he isn't 100% my type but my friends told me to give him a chance so I'll see how it works out.

lol tikanique I totally am feeling weird about where I'm losing weight too and thats why i haven't gone shopping yet. My pant size hasn't changed dramatically either which was disappointing I lose in my lower body last. Its great 2 see u getting in 5 am workouts -- I'm loving early morning workouts now.

congrats on ur loss rasta4life

wlc back energie and nice 2 see u back grneyedmustang

i'll try 2 post updates as often as I can. I'm so hyped about weight loss these days -- I for once actually believe I can make it.
Rocky Balboa: You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done.
caliyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.