Women of Color #3

You're on Page 4 of 34
Go to
  • Matilda - Go head girl!! I read your post and started clapping. If you've done it this long you can keep going. I'm having a proud moment!!!
    Cake - Whaddup!! Thank you cause I was a woman with a mission...JEANS. I haven't been running as much because I started 30 days of 30 day shred on May 1 and I'm so ready for it to be over. I probably should have kept running though. I'm going to get back on it hard next week.
    Caliyah - I like the idea of the summer challenge. I'm in. When do we start. I love challenges because it motivates me and keeps me accountable.

Well ladies it's been a good couple of days. I have been eating on plan and staying on my 30days of 30DS. I have 10 more days to go and I can start something else. I've been drinking almost 3 liters of water a day. I want to keep the momentum going so the jeans have some room by Memorial Day!! Every now and then I see my collar bones peeping out. Hopefully once we start our challenge that will be a permanent visual!!
  • Mytime – Congratulations on your 8 month mark of transitioning. The journey is definitely a fun time. When do you plan on doing the BC. Are you waiting on a time or a length?

Not sure when I'm doing the BC. I am trying to get use to my hair and what products and styles work for me. So I will probably transition for another maybe 4 to 6 months.
  • Im curious to know if you've stepped on the scale lately to see how many lbs youve lost so far jiggle?

I try to stay away from the scale and I know it takes me a while to change sizes. I had to lose 35lbs to get into a size 18.
  • Hey, Ladies! Just popped in to say that I AM reading. Just haven't had time to post. You're all doing sooooo well! Jigglefree and Brit, ya'll have been super committed. Matilda, you've come back in the game strong. I'll try to come back and post later. I'm going home to Mississippi in the morning, so I'll be packing. I know it's gonna be SO hard to stay on plan while I'm there, so think skinny thoughts for me!!!!

Oh, and I bought some size 15 shorts from Target!!! They're super short but still cute. My first pair of short shorts!!! AND I have room in the waist. I just needed the 15 for more room around the thighs.
  • Heyy ladies!

I just started the summer weight loss challenge! Let's get on this ladies!

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...ml#post3301025
  • I just signed up for the Summer WLC. I weighed last night and I lost 2.4! Woohoo!
  • Quote: I just signed up for the Summer WLC. I weighed last night and I lost 2.4! Woohoo!
    congrats! let's do this! i loove challenges and i'm hoping this will be the first of many challenges! = ) i'm super excited!
  • Matilda - I haven't been on a scale in I don't know how long. I didn't get on the scale when I started. The number could be discouraging and I don't want to have a reason to get discouraged and quit. I have been coming down in sizes pretty good and it's motivates me. To see my clothes getting to big that I was wearing less than six months ago or seeing them fall off me is super motivating and any little room counts especially after I get them out of the dryer!!! So I try on clothes lots. I also measure myself every Saturday Morning. Which is hard because I get upset when it's only a 1/4" or less anywhere, but thankfully there aren't ever any increases. Find one that motivates you and keeps you going.
    Beaka - In order to get in those size 10s by October I gotta be super committed. I'm a little worried about the date because I will be sooooo sad if I don't make it. But you are doing the thang...as Cake says, Animal Thugin!!
    Caliyah - I want to do the challenge but you are doing weigh ins and I don't weigh. Will it be cool to check in and log my inches lost?
    Cake - That's an awesome loss in a week. Congrats...talk about doing the thang!!
  • congrats cake!

i think my body is going into plateau mode..or either building muscle..but im not sweating it cuz i am working out and on plan
    i understand body..im not used to being this small either
  • Sounds good jigglefree just post your inches lost -- Honestly I haven't focused on the scale but more so on making sure I hit the gym hard and stay on plan. I regained the 20 pounds I had lost last June and then I recommitted to lose it again starting in March and I'm almost where I was at last summer (199) after 2 months on track. This time I'm determined not to sabotage myself and to keep going. I've had some up weeks and some down weeks and then that big whoosh weight loss so I don't try to stress the scale because I know I"m doing the most I can you know. The only thing I may do if I see my weight has stalled for too long is to change my routine up a bit but thats about all.

Congrats beaka on the shorts!! I haven't gone shopping in forever! hope u have a skinny trip 2

Brit you're doing great so far! I'm sure that plateau will be over before u know it. Whatever you have been doing is working give us your secret lol
  • Beaka- Congrats on wearing those cute shorts!!!!! Thats a huge accomplishment!

Caliyah -Im in i need a challenge to keep me going. It would be nice if I could shed my 10% before the end of summer.

Jiggle- I hear you, I was just curious though. My problem with losing weight is not looking at the scale and not my cloths its just feeling like it takes too long. Actually I think thats one of the biggest problems most people trying to live healthier have. We expect to lose weight so fast when it doesnt work like that. My biggest motivator is pictures of myself and also seeing different people when I go out clubbing or something lol that always makes me want to lose because I want to look good in certain cloths.

Cake- GO head girlie!!!! Thats awesome.

Brit- you are doing well just keep up the good work hun!!!!

Ive been op with my eating. On thing Ive noticed is that I dont mind working out and going to the gym my problem is watching what I put in my mouth. Ive done good this week but I need persistence.......IM NOT GIVING UP THOUGH!!!!!!

Have a fab weekend!
  • Quote: Sounds good jigglefree just post your inches lost -- Honestly I haven't focused on the scale but more so on making sure I hit the gym hard and stay on plan. I regained the 20 pounds I had lost last June and then I recommitted to lose it again starting in March and I'm almost where I was at last summer (199) after 2 months on track. This time I'm determined not to sabotage myself and to keep going. I've had some up weeks and some down weeks and then that big whoosh weight loss so I don't try to stress the scale because I know I"m doing the most I can you know. The only thing I may do if I see my weight has stalled for too long is to change my routine up a bit but thats about all.

Congrats beaka on the shorts!! I haven't gone shopping in forever! hope u have a skinny trip 2

Brit you're doing great so far! I'm sure that plateau will be over before u know it. Whatever you have been doing is working give us your secret lol

Last year I got down to 220 and now im at 244 good news is that Ive stuck to working out. lol
  • matilda i know you can do it this time! i believe you can do it! you are back which is the most important thing and it's great you have been working out. i really think this time i will keep pushing ahead and not falling back into old habits. that was my biggest problem last time. it took so much for me to finally get restarted and i think once you just get into routine things just fall into place.

k ladies sending skinny vibes your way!
  • Happy saturday ladies!!!! This was a pretty good week for me. I stayed op and worked out and I feel good. Gotta keep pushing! Im going to the gym today. I wanted to take cycling on saturday mornings but I not up to it today but Im going to do something. My gym has beg cycling classes on saturdays from 945-1015 and its such a great workout. Very very challenging whew.....but I know that you will get results from it and I have to push myself to take those classes because my BUTT hurts so bad on the seat lol. Everyone says Ill get use to it but omg I cant wait til that day comes.

Caliyah- thanks for the motivation, im running with it. Ive been doing great keep my in prayers I need it.

Hope everyone else is fabulous!!
  • just checking in this saturday. hope u ladies are doing great.

....i feel like i'm getting lot of people telling me to STOP losing weight. Some of their comments have been that I'm only losing weight for vanity reasons and that I don't even need to lose weight because I look skinny! In my culture (i'm east african) curvy is always in and skinny is out so they think i'm crazy. my cousins actually overeat all the time to try to GAIN weight and complain when they can't maintain their weight gain! anyway my bmi says i'm overweight so i'm just sticking with getting to a normal BMI but according to my fam and people in my culture i'm 'skinny', the approval I get from my community has really made me in the past not worry about my weight but i'm really focusing on staying healthy. People are so annoying sometimes

other than that things are good with me. I really love my bootcamp camp it's been a lifesaver. have a great weekend ladies!