Women of Color #3

You're on Page 11 of 34
Go to
  • matilda-i've never thought about a goal story yet..maybe it will be something i work on this summer.

congrats ladies..my eating has been ok(under 1500 cal),water intake excellent..haven't been on the scale in a while or working out since i cant. i will be back on the workout train tomorrow though hopefully in full force..i have been wearing sundresses lately and i can really notice how skinny i am.

on the other hand..i am currently getting to know this dude who is so sweet even though he wouldn't originally be my type. he liked me every since i was 270lbs but now im more confident with myself so we have been chilling and talking lately and the best part about it is he and his dad already knows my family from way back when so that "meeting the parents" step can be skipped if we decide to get together.

i also meant to tell you ladies i have a youtube for my hair and weight journey if any of you would like to subscribe: http://www.youtube.com/user/MizzBrit
  • Ten lbs is good for a first month. I wish that I could lose 10lbs a month for three months lol lol
  • Brit- Im at work right now so i cant hear it but I must tell you that you are sooo pretty!!!! Really. Keep up the good work hun. I think you are the baby of the bunch but you are doing such an awesome job. Ill suscribe once Im home!
  • Thanks guys. Wow you all seem to be losing so much weight. What kind of plans are you guys on. Ive been doing the elliptical ever day for 20 minutes but I'm sure thats not enough.
  • 20mins per day is actually a great start! Especially if you count your calories and stay on plan. You can make goal in no time if you stick to you plan!!

Im a calorie counter. I try to stay at or below 1600 per day!
  • Ever feel guilty for not exercising? I missed by bootcamp class this morning and I asked one of my friends about it and she said that it was grueling. I love those classes cause they push me to the limit and I missed it :-(. Now I am feeling bad :-(
  • Betty, if you can, bop that 20 minutes up to 30. It takes about 20 minutes of exercise to burn down your glycogen stores. Anything after that goes to straight fat burning. Knocking down your glycogen stores is great (because they don't convert to fat) but if you can also knock off some fat stores too??!! Added bonus!!!
  • finally worked out today after missing 4 days..i felt better
  • Hey Ladies,

I joined this group back in April 2010, but when I fell of the wagon I fell off the boards. I am back on track as of today and am looking forward to one day being done with weight loss and just being able to focus on maintaining a healthy weight.

Brit, I just checked out a couple of your videos and it is very heart warming to see a young lady such as yourself taking on the challenges of your weight and hair. You look beautiful.

I've actually decided to go natural (did 1.5 years ago, but broke down and got a relaxer...MISTAKE!!!!!!). I am back to slowly chopping off the relaxer and color and rocking braids and lace wigs.
  • jeanelld, welcome back! I fell off the grid for about 4 years, myself, so 2 months is no biggie!

I've been staying pretty active -- between walking, running, and Dance Dance Revolution on the Wii. Whatever I'm doing is working and now I'm down 15 pounds in the past 30 days. Maybe I won't maintain that level of loss but even 10-12 a month would be nice. I am so determined!
  • Hey ladies!!! You are rockin it out!!! I know I'm not checking in as much, but you kan always catch me on FB (Leslie Martina) or Twitter (mspubhealth). Brit, I checked out your vid, and I'll look at more of them later. Your progress is amazing!!! I've been meaning to post more videos. Slim CB congrats on the loss!

I had my second race this weekend, and I finished at 39:53!!! So excited to have done it in under 40 minutes! When we did the practice run a couple of weeks ago my time was 42 minutes, so I'm super happy. I'm gonna keep it up. The 10K training program starts in August. 2 of the girls in my pace group agreed to keep running together until then.

I may not be where I planned with weight loss, but this running has went farther than I ever thought. It's still funny to me to think of myself as a runner, but I'm doing it. Matilda, I know you'll be calling yourself a runner soon too! Ladies, we are capable of more than we can even imagine!!!

I'm not setting a date for a specific end goal, but I am about to make it a point to do my best over the next two months. I really want to look great and be happy with my progress for my birthday. One of my big problems is stopping when I'm full instead of mindless/emotional eating, so I'm pulling my Beck Diet Solution back out.

Pics from the race:

• Happy monday ladies!!!!!

I had a great week last week. I welcomed the 230s and Ive been doing some jogging! Im going to really try my best to stick it out with the jog/walk routine because the results are amazing. I can tell that I will lose with this jogging.

Welcome to the newbies!!! I hope everyone else is having a fab day and pleasse post post post. I need to hear about whatever it is that helps you stay on plan, what motivates you etc.

Im going to be working hard because I dont want to be hanging with the 230s long. Im going to aim for end of july but earlier would be great! Im really trying to make my ten % goal end of august. I really really need to see 220s on the scale because then I will know that its FOR REAL!!!!
  • Hey Ladies.
    I'm feeling really good today. I'm wearing a size 14 but I think it's on the bigger end of size 14 but I have them on!! They even feel and look good enough to wear out the house...and I will.

I've been eating on plan and running/walking on the treadmill. I ran a mile and then did a walk/run the second mile. I'm looking forward to seeing some really good results. My work schedule is grueling because I work two hours longer to have a day off. Then I come home to spend time with my family so I don't have as much time to get on and post but I take quick peeks at work.

Matilda - 230s!!! I'm so proud of you. You are doing great.
    Brit - I saw your videos on youtube and LOVED it. I haven't seen them all but so far you are really being an inspriation!! I'm working on my hair...what products do you use on your own hair??
    Beaka - I'm trying to get the thrill of running in my heart but it's not there. I do it because of the results, maybe one day!!
  • Beaka- wtg you are doing great

Jiggle-
  • thanks ladies..i've started a summer job which is 9 hours a day so far.. i will try to fit exercise in somtime..maybe not insanity but somthing low impact like walk away the pounds until i get somemore time