3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Support Groups (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups-122/)
-   -   Women of Color #3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/support-groups/201096-women-color-3-a.html)

Matilda08 06-15-2010 06:47 AM

As of yesterday Im going to strictly be running/jogging for 30 mis per day five times a week. Im down to 243.2 this morning after bouncing around for a few weeks im getting back down. Hopefully by weekend I will be welcoming the 230s. I felt so refreshed and good after that workout and I ended up doing 1.84 miles in the half hour so I feel good because I jogged more than ever. Im so excited I really think that ill see good progress from just jogging/walking!

tikanique 06-15-2010 09:12 AM

Great Job Matilda!! Yes, running / jogging is an excellent fat burner!!! You will be at the 230 mark in no time.

Hi rest of the gang! Today was a cardio only day but I also added in 20 minutes of ab work. I HATE working abs. I feel that if I can walk standing upright, that's AB work, but my gym buddy seems to think otherwise. Ah well. I also got in 45 minutes on the elliptical and 7 minutes on the treadmill.

Oh Snap! I'm also wearing A BELT TODAY!!!! and it does NOT look like a ring around Saturn so I'm VERY pleased!!

Go Tiki! Go Tiki!!!

Keep your food CLEAN and your workouts DIRTY!!!

Tik!

jigglefree 06-15-2010 09:51 AM

Good Day Ladies,
I've been on plan for the last two days and getting that workout in. Trying to keep up with you ladies. I plan to get on the scale on the 4th to see how close I am to ONEderland. Hopefully I don't chicken out. It would be horrible to see that I'm working really hard and I'm a long way off. It could also indicate that I was MUCH larger than I want to know about. I will see.

Matilda - I'm really enjoying seeing you move towards the running. You are going to look back after you get to your goal and realize how monumental it was that you never gave up!! I'm not killing the plan as much as I would like...I'm just kind of beating it up. This week has been much better. By the end of the week I will know if I'm back to killing it :D!! I talked to a trainer last week and he gave me some suggestions on how to increase my intensity on my arms and abs. For the next two weeks those workouts along with the cardio will be my focus.
Tik - Go Tiki, Go Tiki, GO, GO, GO!! You are doing the thang girl!!
Brit - Work it Brit!! Stay focused and they will eventually get used to the changes. As with anything our families can be our biggest critics but can also get strength from us.

Slim CB 06-15-2010 12:46 PM

Hi ladies,

Just checking in. Yesterday was a public holiday here so I just rested.

Have any of you had this 'issue'? I went to the doctor and last Wednesday evening and his scale said 194 lbs. I weighed at home on Thursday morning and the scale said 192 lbs. Now who do I believe?

*I would prefer to believe mine of course*

tikanique 06-15-2010 02:12 PM

I never trust the doctors office scales. In fact I zone out when being weighed because I don't even want to hear their evil propoganda!!!! LOL!!!

Brit 06-15-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim CB (Post 3342489)
Hi ladies,

Just checking in. Yesterday was a public holiday here so I just rested.

Have any of you had this 'issue'? I went to the doctor and last Wednesday evening and his scale said 194 lbs. I weighed at home on Thursday morning and the scale said 192 lbs. Now who do I believe?

*I would prefer to believe mine of course*

i go by mine cuz of course that's the scale i was using 8 months ago;not the doctor's.no matter what the weight is..either way the amount of progress will still come out the same

Matilda08 06-16-2010 10:32 AM

Just came back from doing my 30min jogg routine and Im feel so refreshed!

I wi at 242 today so hopefully I will see 230 something come monday if I stay OP. I really think that jogging is going to melt my lbs away. I am sooo sore all over. but its a good feeling.

What do you guys listen to when you workout???? DO you have a playlist lol i need some different ideas.

BRIT- you are almost at goal, have you thought about posting a goal story???? i think you should.

How is everyone else doing?

Slim CB 06-16-2010 10:49 AM

I am doing alright...sticking to the plan but I wish the pounds would just melt away. I know that I did not put on the weight overnight but I wish I could take it off overnight.

I know that I am not doing badly....I have lost close to 10lbs already in alomost 4 weeks (my official one month weigh in is Sunday), I have been counting my calories, keeping my food journal, exercising (between 5 - 6 times a week for an hour at a time) ...but I still think I am going slow.

Am I being ungrateful, impatient or am I having a 'feeling blue' day?

Matilda08 06-16-2010 11:55 AM

slim- how many calories are you eating? stick to a certain amount of calories and see what works. sometime you have to tweak your plan im one who always has to. I dont just lose weight I have to really watch what I eat and make sure I work out. I also have to watch carbs or I will not lose. The journey has taught me so much. As I have said before i got down to 220 from 255. Ive started all over because i just wasnt motivated. Hopefully I make it to goal once and for all!!! Good luck

fivestone 06-16-2010 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matilda08 (Post 3343946)
What do you guys listen to when you workout???? DO you have a playlist lol i need some different ideas.

I don't know if you're into this type of music, but I love love love electronic/techno music for workouts! It's really intense music -- you can't listen to really jumpin' electronic/techno music and not feel jazzed!

tikanique 06-16-2010 03:42 PM

Slim!:hug: we all have days like that. I remember one monthly weigh-in where the scale had gone down 13 lbs and I was BLUE cause I wanted to be halfway to my goal. It took me some hours to realize how silly I was being but it was just one of those blue days. Keep plugging away and just like you gradually picked it up, you will gradually work it off.

Hello rest of the gang!! Hope it's a GREAT HUMP DAY for you all!!!:carrot:

Slim CB 06-16-2010 05:08 PM

Thanks tikanique...I really needed the encouragement. I will continue the fight.

Matilda...I am eating between 1200 and 1300 calories a day

fivestone 06-17-2010 06:09 AM

All I can say right now is that I am totally a believer in upping water intake! My weight-loss had stalled, or so I thought... but I increased my sodium and wasn't drinking enough. Just a few glasses of water was enough to get things moving, and the scale was down today.

Matilda08 06-17-2010 10:43 AM

Good morning ladies Im making some progress here!! I have about 15 lbs to go to make it to my ten % goal. THis week has been great so far Im down to 241 so maybe just maybe Ill be in the 230's by weekend if i work my plan. THis running is really getting the ball rolling of course ive been op diet wise but I feel so refreshed after running. I just hope that I stick it out I need all the support I can get because I think that getting out of the 200s is doable by year end for me and I need to do it!!!

Slim CB 06-17-2010 10:47 AM

Keep up the good work Matilda! I am sure you will reach your goal in no time.

I have a mini success story of my own...today is my 4 week/1 month mark and I weighed this morning only to find out that I have lost 10lbs!! I am really proud of myself. There were days when I wonder if its worth it but I just have to realize that this journey is going to take some time. If I can keep up this 2.5lbs a week loss I will be at my goal weight in no time. I just have to keep pushing forward.