Old 05-01-2010, 04:05 PM   #1  
The Weight's Coming Off!

S/C/G: 245/245/155?

Height: 5' 6"

Red face Journal Chicks Reunion 5/1/10

Hi All,
We've all been mentioning on FB how much we miss the journals, so I thought I would give this a try. If we have a new Thread each day, everyone could post their entry and responses to others. I believe you can search for posts by specific people so you could find all your old posts. If we use this enough I'm sure the powers that be would give us our own group area to further organize. What do you say?

I have only worked out about 6 times all year. I've gained back a bunch of weight and the lack of endorphins has really messed with my moods. I'm working full time from home now and have been since 2/22 and that messes with my ability to get to the gym for a work-out (big fat excuse, I know). I need to get it back together!

Kim
Ottoette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 PM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Good idea Kim, I'll string some thoughts together and be back when I get the 'staff' organised in the yard.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #3  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

This is a great idea Kim I've just recently started to get back on track with my exercise and eating. Checking in with you guys daily always helped keep me on track. I've gained back about 35lbs. I am really not happy with myself and am finding it super hard to get motivated this time around. I know I can do it though...I lost almost 80lbs before so I can do this...I know what I have to do it's just actually doing it that is been hard I'm really looking forward to checking in with you guys again though and catching up with ya'll! Hope your all doing well
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #4  
The Weight's Coming Off!

Hi Joy and Tina! So glad to see you. Maybe I'll just leave this thread up til it gets a bit more full.
224 this morning!!! That's exactly 35 lbs up from 1 year ago. I just don't know how I let that happen. I know that at 189 I was disappointed at how old I looked. Losing weight in your face makes your wrinkles 10x worse. and I still had a double chin. But I have just been insane with the food, particularly since Jan. Ugh.
Off to church with the kids!
Kim
Old 05-02-2010, 02:00 PM   #5  
Smackin' into a Wall

Hey Chickies! This might be something that will work. I may post a link to my blog when I bother to write an entry there, or else I'll just post to this thread. Frankly, I could use the check-in and accountablity.

I've been doing OK. I started WW online again in September and I'm down 18lbs so far. It's so much slower this time, but I suspect it's a function of age. My fat is like an unwanted tenant that I'm having problems evicting.

It's good to see you all again.

Sherry

Last edited by Madcat; 05-02-2010 at 04:32 PM.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Thanks Kim for getting this started. Maybe we can keep each other motivated more.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:38 PM   #7  

Like Kim, I too have gained weight - or rather swapped muscle for fat. Obviously I haven't gained enough to have to change the clothes size of the past year but it certainly has redistributed itself over a period of time. All of this since I haven't been back to the gym in around 18 months. I do hate the stiffness, the flab, and the general lack of energy that has ensued in that time, but obviously not enough to go back to the gym.

Actually that statement is not quite true. I have made enquiries around going back and I have to say our gyms have rapidly come to the conclusion that being inflexible with contracts etc. is not the way to go. However they insist on either cash up front every time you go, or that they set up a direct debit to my bank account. They tell me it is easy and I can cancel giving 2 weeks notice but having watched with interest the tussle some friends have gone through trying to get a couple of places to cancel those debits puts me off going along that method. Still my lack of mojo is my problem and not that of the actual gym itself. Beside which, my budget is tight and I want to save for the next trip away. It's been a long while.

Setting that in mind, I have just 'celebrated' my 61st birthday and I have made a pact with myself that I will lose 10% of this bodyweight this year. I therefore have 7 months to lose 8.2Kg. I have done it before and I will do it again. There, I have shouted it out now. The world can see.

It's nice to see old friends here again. I hope we can keep this going in a journal form. I need to set my ticker again. And keep myself honest.

So to Kim, Sherry, Ceejay, and Tina.

Ka kite
Old 05-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #8  
The Weight's Coming Off!

So glad to see you all. I did better with the crazy food today than I have been doing and I really think starting this thread helped.
I need to start logging - of course.
I am working as a junior recruiter on a state program funded by stimulus funds. It was supposed to stop 2 weeks ago, then was extended another 2 or 3 months and now today they're saying the state has changed it's mind and they don't know if I'll get paid for today, or maybe I can work til the 14th, or maybe not. Or they think they have to pay me for last week since they said they would..... STRESS.
Dh was going to take DS to N.O. LA for a month when school lets out (beg of June) to visit crazy MIL and do some much needed work on her house. (Step FIL passed away last month - RIP Luis). I was really looking forward to a month alone with DD, even if it meant she'd be in daycare full time while I worked. Now I don't know what's going to happen but I'm about 150% sure I can't stay at MIL's house for a month! So nice to vent to you guys who I've told all the back story too; even if you don't remember it, I don't feel like I need to explain it!
Must get a few more things done before bedtime. G'night Chickies!
Old 05-04-2010, 12:15 AM   #9  

So dear journal, what of today?
Well I did make a start on my 21 Day Challenge. I took a fast walk to work from the Roma Street Station down to Milton, instead of transferring to another train. It takes just under 30 minutes and is a pleasant walk unless of course it is blowing a gale. I will be walking back again tonight as planned to complete the daily challenge even though it is raining out there.

Yesterday, I did not accomplish as much as I wanted to do. Mainly because I procrastinated a lot. Bah humbug. It is now all ahead of me when I get home tonight. I guess I must have gotten really annoyed at myself because DS2 asked if I was stressed already, and then disappeared into the armchair and slept off my bad humour. The cat disappeared instead of yelling for dinner as she normally does. It's my own fault. LEARN FROM IT SHAD.

Madcat, my fat is an army of unwanted tenants. Time for them to leave home!

Michelle - the stress on whether a job or no job must be telling on your weight loss journey. Sorry to hear that you may not have a job for much longer.

Weight yesterday morning (starting AGAIN) 81.7kg. Better get that ticker going again. I intend to weigh in either Friday or Saturday mornings.

Back to work. No peace for the wicked, and this work is very wicked. How can someone create training doco without the spell check on??

Last edited by Shad; 05-04-2010 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #10  

Height: 5'5"

well hello my beautiful friends!!!

I was just checking out "the chicks" on fb, and found that Kim had started this link. I see it's not so active at the moment. Good to see you all!
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:07 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey! How the heck did I miss this? I know we are mostly on Facebook but I'm becoming increasingly pissed off with FB and just don't trust them. Somehow my 3FC blog has disappeared into the mists of time and the other one I started on Wordpress doesn't get used much.

I'm still struggling along and am 195 again! The gym has fallen by the wayside the past month or so but I have good intentions of getting back. Life has been way too busy lately.

So...here we are. Let's see what happens.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 11:14 AM   #12  

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ruth!

Glad to see you! I had forgotten that Kim started this, and then rediscovered it today on fb. IDK, I used to have such a hard time loading the forum pages on my computer..but it seems to be working better for me this time around. I am glad we all have not lost touch of one another!
healthyeater is offline   Reply With Quote