Old 05-02-2010, 01:36 PM   #16  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy ladies,

The hubby has decided my day for me today and that includes not being on the computer after he went and fixed the internet this morning

I hope to get back on tonight.

Thanks for starting the new thread Shad - I like the idea of Memories in May and see that you finally changed your avatar. We will remember dear Shad as well.

Nice to see some familiars dropping in - so sorry to hear of your Mom's illness Holly. :hugs: to both of you

Gotta go, back later.

Oh and besides torrential rains and lots of rotation in the air and frightening lightening we are ok thank God. Now the temps are quickly rising and it's downright steamy out there.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 02:30 PM   #17  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Afternoon My Dear Worldlie Chickies....

I cannot find the words to thank you enough for what I received in the mail from you all. I opened it and just sat and stared at it. I am so overwhelmed by all your generosity. Needless to say, I bawled while feeling the love and thoughtfulness. I am so thankful to have you as my family and do wish we could all meet up sometime. I truly do not know how to thank you all for your kindness. With heartfelt love and hugs...Annie.

Mom's service was absolutely beautiful, sunny, 80 degrees and just a bit windy but a warm wind. She was gorgeous and still yet, no wrinkles in her face, her mother was the same way. I am not as fortunate. The only regrets I have is I missed her leaving the world by about 5 minutes. She died alone. I was the first one to be with her, by myself for about 30 minutes. The others didn't get there as quickly as I, as I was already at the door of the home when I got the call. We had a great chat, much tears, she was still so warm and still mom so to speak. I kissed her all up. The only other regret I have is I never did get her that strawberry dacquiri (sp) she wanted, however I am sure she is partying, out of pain, and playing cards or crocheting. Today is the first day I have felt somewhat normal, altho sleep does not come easily.

Thank you again, my dear friends, for everything, thoughts, prayers, love, support and for just being the great ladies that your are.

My love to you all.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:24 PM   #18  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

TYPING TONITE CAUSE MONDAY LOOKS LIKE IT MIGHT BE BUSY. BUT IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE EYES IF I WORK OR NOT. AS OF RIGHT NOW...NO. JUST TO CLEAR UP WHAT HAPPENED. I HAVE AN OLD TV CART ON WHEELS NEXT TO MY BED. IT HOLDS MY BOOM BOX, CDs, BOOKS AND LOTS OF JUNK SO I DON'T HAVE TO GET UP & DOWN ALL THE TIME. AT EACH END IS A WOODEN PIECE, SOMEHOW WHEN I GOT UP I DIDN'T ROLL IT FAR ENOUGH AWAY FROM ME AND WHEN I BENT IN 1/2 TO TRANSFER BACK INTO THE BED I SMACKED THE "RAISED" PIECE RIGHT STRAIGHT INTO MY EYE...THANK GOD IT WAS CLOSED!! I COULDN'T HAVE DONE IT ANY BETTER IF I INTENDED TO DO IT. IT WAS THE FREAKIEST THING THAT'S HAPP[ENED TO ME IN A LONG TIME. THE LID IS A BIT BRUISED BUT THE EYEBALL IS JUST RED, HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO AWAY AS FAST AS IT CAME

ANYWAY.......I AM NOT SURE IF I AM UP TO COVERING FOR THE OFFICE WHILE THEY HAVE A 3 DAY AUDIT AND TOLD THEM I MAKE NO PROMISES, ONE HOUR AT A TIME. I AM NOT IN GREAT SHAPE RIGHT NOW. NOT 100%. WE'LL SEE.

ANNIE LOVE...MANY PRAYERS ARE GOING BACK AND FORTH OVER THE WORLD TO YOU AND THE FAMILY. YOU ARE ALL IN EVERYONE'S HEART AND MIND. ONE DAY AT A TIME MY FRIEND.

LAURA....CAN YOU TAKE THE OLD FAUCET TO THE HARWARE DEPT AND JUST GET ANOTHER LIKE IT? THAT'S WHAT WE DO HERE. HOPE YOU GET IT DONE SOON . TRY NOT TO HURT THE BF IN THE MEANTIME NICE TO MAKE NEW FRIENDS AND THEIR DOGGIES TOO!! WAS HE CUTE??? I MEAN THE DOG OF COURSE

CEEJAY...I AM GLAD THE STORMS ARE OVER FOR NOW AND HOPEFULLY YOU'RE AREA WILL DRY OUT. THE WORST PART6 ABOUT THE WORMS IS THEIR SMELL! FOR SOME REASON I HATE THE SMELL WHEN THEY'RE AROUND!! YUCK!!

HAPPY....WE WERE GETTI8NG READY TO SEND OUT THE MOUNTED PATROLMEN DOWN YOUR WAY!! I'M GLAD THE DH GOT THE PC GOING AND BETTER DO AS HE SAYS LEST HE DOESN'T FIX IT NEXT TIME OUT OF SPITE STAY SAFE MY SOUTHERN BELLE SISTER

OK CHCKIES....IF I DO WORK I'LL SEE YOU TUESDAY MORNING. HAVE A GREAT START OF A NEW MONTH AND A NEW WEEK!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 05-02-2010 at 04:27 PM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 04:53 PM   #19  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - I am so familiar with the grief you are feeling. For me, it came in waves off and on for months. The first year is the toughest as are all the anniversaries/holidays forever. I send you my love and hugs. You are not ever alone my sister, nor was your mom. She was/is surrounded by love and light.

May wonderful memories and the comfort of those who love you ease your pain.

Love and hugs to you my sister,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 05:09 PM   #20  
Creating a Healthier Me

I haven't gotten as much cleaning done this weekend as I should have. But the guest room is all ready for DMIL's arrival on Mother's Day - she's flying back with DH.

I had an awesome Zumba workout this morning, followed by a kick butt strength training class. It's AMAZING how working muscles differently can hurt SO MUCH MORE! I guess my muscles were used to my old routines.

Shad - DH has taken pain meds and lidocaine patches with him to Yosemite. He won't be able to do too much hiking, but the adrenaline from the natural beauty should make him numb to the pain (until he gets back to his hotel at night). I would love to have the photo of Worldly, if you get a chance, could you please email it to me sometime. Do you have my email addy?

Hollyhock/Heather - I lost both my parents and my best friend to cancer in 2003/2004. I'm sending you and your mom hugs and prayers

Ceejay - Glad you didn't lose power.

Happy - I'm glad your power came back on. Those storms were fierce. We got a lot of rain Friday night, and we may get more tonight.

Mel - I love the Club Penguin avatar. Now what might this surprise be?? I'm really, really curious. I hope your eye feels better soon.

Laura - So nice for Coal to make a new friend on his walk. Bummer about the faucet. What a pain. I hope the rest of your day goes well and you get a good cardio workout in.

I've got lots more to do and I'm running out of weekend.

Lots of love and hugs to all,
Old 05-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #21  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
I'll get this posted before I get out there and start my day. I've already wasted a couple of hours of it. DS2 has made me a cup of coffee and I will have that and then get off here.

Obviously from the above, you will have worked out that DS2 has not died overnight much as he wheezed and coughed and thought he would. Men!!!! Laura the 'lurgy' is Kiwi/ Aus for having the flu, being sick (another description is 'feeling real crook mate') and being male, they are always on the doorstep. Apologies to Annie if this joking is upsetting - just thought of that!

Today is going to be fine and clear again. I may get to spread the compost over the garden, but for the time being, I might just plan what I will plant along the side garden that the 'staff' realigned for me yesterday while I was on the phone with Happy. At the moment it has only one Gardenia and 2 Peace Lilies in it. The soil is starving because no one has feed it in years and the grasshoppers have all but stripped the leaves from the Gardenia leaving just sticks behind.

Ceejay - I am so glad that you weren't flooded out or blown to pieces. It's just so horrible to see that all your life's momentoes have been destroyed in seconds. It's a lesson to all of us to ensure our special treasures and important documents are stored correctly and safely and the insurance is adequate for the purpose.
I have no idea what sort of worms you are talking about, but they are essential for the well being of your soil. Treasure the little fellows, they don't like the water much either.

Morning Mel - hope that eye is going down and getting rid of the red. Makes a change to say I banged into the table rather than the door! I have scanned much of the 'adoption' paperwork and will pass it on when I get the news letter done. You will no doubt work out that 'Worldly' is just past his moult and his mind is starting to wander to 'other' things. To be truthfully honest, I am not even sure he is a 'he'. Doesn't say. Because you have problems with downloading stuff, I may just copy it on the printer at work and send it to you. I'd actually forgotten about the other bit of the surprise. I finally worked out what it would be this morning! She's gonna love you! Making her wait. Actually she has another goal to get to in June - maybe plan on it for then?? She being Michelle that is - sorry Michelle

Laura - cardio 3x a week sounds good. I would have thought you got that with the body electric work outs. Am I wrong here? Hope you find the right tap (faucet (tap is easier to type)) soon and get it done. It always annoys me when you buy something and it doesn't fit as it should - then, when you take it back, it's all to do with the age of the house and the stupidity of the purchaser or whatever.

Happy - being kept busy today is your punishment for being on the phone last night with yours truly. You've had your 40 minutes or so this weekend! Good to talk yesterday and get all the facts straight. Do wish the pollies could agree so easily.

Annie - I am so thankful to have you as my family and do wish we could all meet up sometime. . I think you should be careful what you wish for. We may just do that sometime - and like the ad says "you are worth it"
I'm pleased to hear that things went well on Friday. I find it amazing how peaceful the person appears to be. I hope that you find peace in yourself over the next few days and weeks. As Michelle said, the first anything - day, week, month, Christmas, birthday (both hers and yours) are the worst and from my own experience it takes two years to get over the grief (and some guilt sometimes).

Michelle - I'll get the info out to you soon. If you can PM your street addy, I will continue to send you any info and newsletters I get on the penguins. And as I said, there is a ticket to the Penguin Parade if you get yourself over here in the next 12 months. Happy Zumba-ing. And you can dance your way through the housework, which is something I should be getting on with. It's all exercise. I'd like to head out into the hills sometime today.

See ya

Last edited by Shad; 05-02-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: Can't spell, grammar sucks, and the words came out wrong
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

my great neice arrived today. She can be seen on FB.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 07:36 AM   #23  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING CHICKS. AS YOU CAN TELL....I SAID NO TO THE WORK. IT'S DARK & GLOOMY FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS AND I COULD USE MORE OF A REST. ONLY THING ON THE AGENDA THIS WEEK IS A MEETING WEDS NITE. AND I WOULD LIKE TO SPEND TIME WITH JEN BECAUSE SHE WILL BE GONE ALL SUMMER. I AM OFF TO HAVE SOME OATMEAL. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

SHAD....I AM GLAD TO HEAR THE DS IS FEELING BETTER. I FORGOT TO ASK HOW HE WAS DOING. CRICKETS AND MANY BUGS SEEM TO BE TAKING OVER LATELY. THE EXTERMINATOR TOLD US IT WAS THE SHORT AND MILD WINTER. I HTE BUGS! HOPE THE STINKY COMPOSTING GOT DONE. PU!! I TOO THINK JUNE WILL BE A GOOD TIME FOR DOOR #2 FOR MICHELLE!

CEEJAY... CONGRATULATIONS GREAT AUNTIE JEANETTE I DON'T HAVE FB BUT BET SHE'S A REAL CUTIE!!!

MICHELLE....WHAT IS YOUR NEXT GOAL? DID I MISS IT?? NOW THAT THE MIL'S ROOM IS READY...YOU CAN COME AND DO MINE!1 I'LL EVEN BUY A ZUMBA DVD SO YOU CAN DANCE AROUND MY APARTMENT!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:06 AM   #24  
Annie - Indiana

Happy Monday....What a glorious day, beautiful, sunny, warm and wonderful. We are what we portray. I want to feel/be happy!!!

CHELLE....WTG my worldly sista friend. Great job on the loss and 10% goal. Sorry I didn't congratulate sooner, however I just read last month's final pages today. I am so very excited for you. It is all paying off. I bet you meet the dog days of summer goal too as you have over two months to get there. oooooweeeee I am so excited for you. Isn't it wonderful!!! Glad to hear DMIL will be arriving soon, do not let her presence detour you from your focused goal weight!!! No snickie snackies. I am so very proud of you, my friend!!!

SHAD....absolutely love love love the penguin. He is so darn cute. You named him perfectly... I only ask for few things in life and meeting all of you is from the heart, I have plenty of room, so if you or any of the worldlies show up at my door. you are more than welcome to pop a squat and enjoy an ice cold beverage/adult beverage (or two, or four or six). Two things to remember.....the snake no longer resides at my house AND I have two bedrooms and a bath not being used. So it is not a threat that you might show up but a wonderful welcome.

MEL...well it just goes to show that getting out of bed can certainly be hazardous to your well being. Of all places to knock/bang around...your poor eyes. Yikes. Your middle name must be the same as mine..GRACE.

CEEJAY...man I have been following the floods down there, I am so glad you seem to be ok at the moment. I pray for your safety.

LAURA...get to exercising my sista...can never get enough of it. Just ask sista Chelle..gets those endorphins going.

Hollster/Ruthie...hi, good to hear from you....

Not much else going on. Today is my first day not wearing my sling for my broken arm. Had physical therapy this morning before coming into the office and movement is really great. She told me to use the sling as necessary as not wearing it keeps the stiffness out of the shoulder/arm/elbow. I am loving the freedom.

Better get my giddy up on. First day back in the office and it is nuts.

Thank you again, my sistas for EVERYTHING.

Much love and many hugs...
Old 05-03-2010, 11:07 AM   #25  
Creating a Healthier Me

Good morning ladies -

I'm tired this morning and my upper body is so sore today after yesterday's strength training!! It was fun though, as was the hour long Zumba class. Tonight is an hour of Zumba followed by abs (crunches, planks, etc.) - trying to get my belly keg to eventually look like a six pack - Heck, I'd even settle for a 12 pack! LOL

I didn't get as much cleaning done as I wanted to....my arms/chest were really hurting me by the end of the day. So I decided instead of housecleaning, I'd take a spin on the riding lawn mower and get the back yard done. I still have to do the front. Hopefully we won't get too much rain this week so I can mow again.

Tonight, after the gym, I'll be cleaning/decluttering the family room and tomorrow, the bathroom. I'll save the serious scrubbing/polishing and floors for the weekend.

Shad - I wasn't sure what "lurgy" was...so thanks for clearing it up. Glad the DS2 is feeling a little better. So nice that the staff realigned the side garden...too bad about the grasshoppers feasting on the Gardenia. I moved the potted geraniums from the guest bedroom to the patio and watered them. They are quite leggy, as they tend to be every spring...so I'll have to trim them back a bit. Or I'll let DMIL do that when she arrives. She enjoys light gardening. As for worms, personally I don't mind them in the soil or on the fishing hook...I just don't enjoy stepping them with bare feet! A ticket to the Penguin Parade?!! I would so love to go. Hopefully DH and I will be able to afford to get there in the next year.

Ceejay - Congratulations!! Your great niece is beautiful!!

Mel - I'm glad you're taking the day off. Enjoy your time with Jen. We're having our share of bugs this spring too. The June bugs are a month early. You're making me wait 'till June for Door #2?! I actually have two goals for June. My first goal is to get into size 14 misses pants before my trip to CA (June 9). My second goal is Annie's Onederland goal - to get under 200 lbs - by 6/20, that's going to be difficult with a 10 day vacay just before. But I'm working hard to accomplish both goals.

Annie - Big hugs to you.

A big to Happy, Laura and everyone!

Love and hugs to all,
Old 05-03-2010, 11:08 AM   #26  
Annie - Indiana

CEEJAY....congrats on the new GREAT neice. I told my great neices to just call me GREAT!! You can use that too!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:20 AM   #27  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - You're today's sneaker inner!! Thanks for your congrats and your kind words! Right now, it's not the snickie snacking that's getting to me. When I work out HARD - like an hour or more of Zumba, or kick arse weight training, I get A LOT hungrier, and I sometimes go over my points. I need to figure out a balance of how much exercise I need to do before I can "eat" a few of the extra activity points I'm earning. I'm sure I can plan around the occasional dinner out or treat during DMIL's visit...it's the 10 days in So. Cal with my sister who doesn't believe in reasonable/healthy portions (especially for dessert) that I'm worried about. I'm glad you're able to go without your sling. I hope once your shoulder feels better, you'll make an appt for yourself at Woodhouse. You deserve some pampering, my sista.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:34 AM   #28  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE....let your sister know when you are out in CA that if she sabatoges all your hard work that ANNIE is coming after her with the rolling pin!!!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #29  
Creating a Healthier Me

Will do, Annie! You're so funny, girlfriend!
Old 05-03-2010, 01:38 PM   #30  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

I was going to post at lunch but there is a REALLY unattractive ad on the side of my screen. It will catch people's attention for sure and I don't want that. I miss the ad-free site we used to have. Things are busy at night - my family is coming on Thursday and I have lots to do. Will try and get back later if I can get everything done tonight.

Sorry - love to you all
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote