Old 04-22-2010, 09:49 AM   #1  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Default Eating in the Evenings

I do so good all day. I eat my breakfast, I pack my lunch (with extra veggies!) and have my healthy snacks. Then I come home and it is like a free for all with eating. I have a good dinner, but then I move on to snacking for the rest of the evening.

No, no, no. This will not do! I want to suceed this time and I need to get a handle on my evening habits.

I am hoping there are others out there like me that struggle most with their evening eating habits. I thought maybe we could come here and chit chat (instead of snacking!) and offer up tips, ideas, support, etc.

Each evening I will post something I am going to do instead of snacking.

The other day I found an old journal I started a few years ago to help motivate me to stick wih my new, healthier eating habits. Tonight, I am going to dig it out and add some motivational quotes to it and write in my current stats.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #2  
Caroline

S/C/G: 173/ticker/123

Height: 5' 5"

Love the idea of a support thread. My overeating happens the most at night when I am alone. I have committed to not snacking after dinner and have been sticking to that for a month now. It's hard sometimes so I often log in to 3FC after dinner and get motivation.

I'll post at night also to say what my activity plan is.
motivated chickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:00 AM   #3  
Priscatip

Height: 5' 6"

This may sound silly, but I quit smoking at the beginning of this year, and I employ a lot of the same tactics to quit snacking with abandon. The main one was to change my habits. If I always snacked while I was watching TV, for example, I started doing crunches or playing with my dog while watching TV. If I always had a snack when I curled up in bed with a book, I started drinking water or tea instead then, or snuggling with my dog. Changing the things I felt like I was automatically doing, doing without thinking about them, helped me be more conscious about my decisions, and stop the mindless snacking. The important part, and it was the same for smoking, was to already have a plan in mind. You can't come up with what you'll do instead when you already have the cheezits or the smoke in your hand. You have to know in advance what to do in that situation.
Priscatip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

Default I feel your pain!!

I too struggle the most at night. I HATE eating breakfast and get my first hunger pang at around 4pm. It is the hardest thing for me to eat breakfast. I am not the one to give advice, but I will say you seem to have a great idea. Coming to 3FC and gathering support while giving support should keep you busy and motivated. You can do it and each day will bring you closer to your goal!!
Beautiful Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote