SongOfTheRoad

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5'3"

day 2/21 - exercise everyday complete - 35 mins cardio
iniya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 05:55 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 151/147.5/130

Height: 5'7

Hi again, haven't been around here for some day.. It's going great so far.. only 6 days left with no candies !!!

No cookies or cakes (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 10 / 21
Walk or run at least 30 minutes/day (1 of 2 pauses taken) Day 14 / 21
No candies (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 15 / 21
marywinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:33 AM   #18  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

Day 16/21 no soda - DONE
Day 9/21 no chips - DONE

No caffeine, no McD's...no exercise. Bah. We lazed around the house all evening. It was raining outside, and bf's brother is visiting, so we watched some hockey, got caught up on Modern Family, and just hung out chatting. Today is equally dreary outside, but I'm hoping the weather improves so we can get outside tonight, even to just do some stuff in the yard.

Mary - congrats on being candy-free for so long, that's awesome!

iniya - sounds like your exercise challenge is going well so far too!

asher - Hope things are 'good' busy and not 'stressy' busy.
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #19  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Charlie - As for Subway being fast food...to me it depends on the type of sandwich you have. If you order a high-calorie sandwich on white bread loaded down with mayo and cheese...then, yes, that's not a healthy choice. But if you order a lower calorie, low fat sandwich on whole grain bread with no cheese or mayo and lots of veggies...then it becomes (IMHO) a healthy lunch.

Iniya - You're off to a great start! Keep up the awesome work!

Asher - You're in the home stretch! Less than a week to go! Keep it up!!

Mary - Glad to hear you're challenges are going great so far!

Red - You okay? Busy working on stories?

to everyone!

I've had a pretty bad cold for the past few days. In fact, I went home ill Monday afternoon and stayed home yesterday. So now I have lots to catch up on. I haven't done a bit of exercise since Sunday night, but I have been drinking water, eating healthy and all that. I'd like to go to Zumba tonight, but I'll see how I feel.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 07:57 PM   #20  
Never give up

S/C/G: 78 kg/71/65?

Height: 5'1.5"

Unhappy

No, not OK. Big, big problems. Please send whatever positive energy you can to help turn things around.....

Weight is still holding at 158 though, which is nice. I'm not eating much though, so you think it would be lower.

diyana -- Thanks for the thoughts. I hope you feel better soon.
That's great that you are able to keep doing good things and あare taking care of yourself even though you feel sick. I shall try to take heart and take your cue.

Charlie -- you're really doing well too.

mary -- Congratulations on your excellent work!! Only six more days!! Marvelous!!

iniya -- You go, girl!!!

Asher -- Yet another success story!!!

Last edited by redballoon; 04-02-2010 at 05:44 AM.
redballoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:11 AM   #21  
Beautylicious

Red - I'm so sorry things are not going well. Hopefully they will turn around soon. Sending positive vibes and things your way.

Michelle - hope you're feeling better, too!

Day 17/21 - no soda - DONE
Day 10/21 - no chips - DONE

Marginal temptation last night - the bf's bro is staying with us and although aware of the ban, brought chips AND pop into the house for himself. Coke in the fridge, bbq chips in the cupboard. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be to abstain from both.

Still no caffeine, although I'd like a cup of tea this morning and still haven't picked up any decaf stuff.

Last day of the work week. Excited for the weekend, and the upcoming 21st day of this
Old 04-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #22  
Creating a Healthier Me

Red - I'm so sorry to hear you're not doing well. You have my e-mail address if you want to write me or you can PM me. I'm sending you lots of love, hugs, positive energy and good vibes. : Remember you need to eat healthy foods in healthy amounts to keep your metabolism up, okay? Luvya, sista. Hang in there.

Charlie - Good for you for abstaining from the contraband that BF's brother brought to the house! Enjoy your long weekend!

As for me, I'm still not 100%, but am feeling better than I have all week, so that's good. My plan for after work today and during the day tomorrow is to be out in the sun getting some much wonderful Vitamin D. Even if I only have the energy to lay around on a chaise lounge in the backyard. It's supposed to rain on Saturday and be cooler on Sunday, but for today and tomorrow, it's supposed to get up to 78!

I'm off work tomorrow. I'll try and post over the weekend, but in case I don't get to. Sending : and to all as we resist the weekend's temptations. Happy Easter for those who observe it!

Hugs to all,
Old 04-01-2010, 02:30 PM   #23  
Creating a Healthier Me

Weight Watchers was good...it was a great meeting all about support and having weight loss buddies. I kept thinking how very fortunate I am to have you all in my life to help keep me on track and motivated. Weigh in wasn't so great...up 1.2 lbs, probably because I haven't been able to exercise; either that or the congestion in my head weighs over a pound. Ewwwwww! Gonna walk after work in the sunshine, and tomorrow as well. And then Zumba away the pounds (ZATP) tomorrow evening.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:11 PM   #24  

Back again and this isn't an April Fools joke....I was watching PBS last night and the dude from Change Your Brain, Change Your Body was infomercialing. (Is that a word?) And I realized that my brain is probably a shriveled up little peanut-type thing in my skull at this point. So I'm going to USE my brain to SAVE my brain.
This is what I'm going to do for my challenges:
No Beer, 2 pauses allowed.
Hydrate! 6 pints of water daily, 2 pauses allowed.
No Eating after dinner, 2 pauses allowed.
I've been running on a regular basis since the new year, and it has made little difference in my weight. So I need to control my caloric intake so that all that running is not a waste of time. Actually, it's great for my mental health, so it's not a waste of time, but I would love to see some other improvements.
I will be away for a bit during the 21 days which might be a bit MORE challenging, so we'll see how it goes, right?
Hello Red! Missed you!
Hi Diyana, Charlie Baby, Mary, Asher, Iniya and anyone else who is active here. We're in this together!
Apple Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:49 AM   #25  

Hello everyone! Still going great here, I've finally lost a little,, down 3 pounds!
Tomorrow will be the hardest day,, Going to a big familydinner.. With a lot of Cakes and Candies,, but the good thing is that there's a lot of healthy food too.. food that I love =)..

No cookies or cakes (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 12 / 21
Walk or run at least 30 minutes/day (1 of 2 pauses taken) Day 16 / 21
No candies (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 17 / 21

Red - Wish you all my best!

And everyone else - Stay strong this weekend!!
Old 04-02-2010, 07:33 PM   #26  
Never give up

Talk about shock. I just got up a few minutes ago, saw my phone flashing and there was an email saying a good friend of mine had died. That's all it said. I don't know how or when exactly. It was a woman who had a bar that I often went to. I'd known her for a long time now and we were what I'd call good friends. Many nights when things were going down at work, I hung out there drinking and talking til morning, something we could do because she didn't have many customers. She was truly a dear person. Damn. It's hard to believe. She wasn't that old. Just hope it wasn't suicide. She often spoke of how hard things were and how she maybe just couldn't keep going....

It just keeps coming, doesn't it?

Last edited by redballoon; 04-02-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 04-04-2010, 01:00 PM   #27  
Beautylicious

Red - Holy ****. I'm so sorry. Everything else seems trivial doesn't it. I really hope that things turn around for you, and you get some good news, or even just that life gets easier. *hugs*

Day 21/21 - No soda - DONE. Friday was very closing to a big FAIL. The bf's parents came over with his brothers, and the whole family drinks a buttload of Pepsi. It's actually all I've ever seen his dad drink. Just having it in the house was very hard. I avoided it all day, and once they'd left, I was sitting on the couch, and bf walked by, and I grabbed him by the shirt and said very quietly, very seriously, "I NEED some Pepsi". And he said "...I threw it out."

And THAT is why I love him. Once I knew it was gone, I felt fine. But the temptation all day was horrible!

Day 14/21 no chips - DONE.

Did some yardwork this weekend, more moving wood, and chasing the 2 year old and dog around.

The next thing we're looking into is the 100 Mile Diet. Lots to consider for that.

Michelle - the next weigh in will be more positive, I'm sure. Sickness or headaches always weigh lots! Or at least feel like they do.

Apple Blossom - what a lovely name. Good luck with your challenges!

Mary - keep up the great work!
Old 04-04-2010, 01:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 318/266/150

Height: 5'4"

Ok so I am going to take this challenge.... for the next 21 days I will eat a 1800 calorie diet max! And remove all incidents with fast food. Wish me luck!
kay lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 03:15 PM   #29  

Hello everyone!
The weekend went by great, didn't any cakes or candies,, but was very tempted..
No cookies or cakes (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 15 / 21
Walk or run at least 30 minutes/day (1 of 2 pauses taken) Day 19 / 21
No candies (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 20 / 21

Tomorrow I'm going to start two new challenges.. not so hard ones, but it's good if I make them =)
100 crunches/day (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 0 / 21
stand in plankposition for at least 30 sec/day (0 of 0 pauses taken) Day 0 / 21

Red - Hope you are doing okey,,, keep strong!
Charlie - Congrats on completing your No Soda challenge!
Old 04-04-2010, 09:40 PM   #30  
Never give up

Sorry, people, I don't feel I should be writing here at all because things just get worse and worse. I cannot believe all the problems in my life now and they are all big ones. And then the added grief and disbelief at things like my friend's death...and, yes, it was suicide. It's really all too much. I can only hope that there is a reason behind this madness.
In any case, my weight is dropping. Down to 156, so that is nice. I certainly don't feel like eating and that is extremely unusual for me. At least, yesterday I got a compliment from someone who hasn't seen me in a bit.

It's later in the day now and there have been some slightly positive movements, small, but there, I think. Let's hope things are as they seem and that they will work out well.....

still later yet...I have decided to start up two new challenges.

No Smoking Day 0 completed No Pauses Taken
No Booze Day 0 completed No Pauses Taken

Last edited by redballoon; 04-05-2010 at 06:41 AM.