Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:05 PM   #91  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy peeps,

Hope everyone had a nice weekend. We spent alot of time talking about the bathroom renovations, not sure we really came up with anything. We are looking to replace the vanity now - currently have a custom built cabinet in there - I'd rather replace it because the shelves are fixed and small and anything in there deeper than a hand's length gets lost. I think it will update the room also. Since it's custom it's an odd width which means figuring out what combo of cabinets to replace it with. I would really like a linen closet unit but have to think carefully. It would mean wasting the $150 we just spent on a light for the bath vanity - this one would be too big and DH threw out the box in the trash last week. Also not sure it will close the space in and we'd also have to replace the existing big mirrow which we could otherwise re-use. So, the question becomes do I re-do it the way I'd like considering I will probably have to look at it for a few years while we are still here or do I go the practical route to save as much money as possible where it's an nice update from what once was there but nothing special to look at? I will have to sketch out a few possiblities to look at and decide... Other than that was probably on my feet too much this weekend. My foot is killing me today. I think my other surgical shoe was digging into my incision on the side of my foot. But hey the maid we forgot to hire didn't come in to do the laundry and vacumning and floor washing and whatnot so who else was going to do it?

Shad - I certainly hope your car will be ok. Nothing is more worrisome than being out of touch and things are going on with your stuff. I see there has been another earthquake in Turkey overnight. What is going on with the world? And floods out your way! Hope all will be right with you. It's a long way from home to have to get your car repaired - that is if it's not floated away to the next town

Mel - I know what you mean about not being up for a party but I hope that you can get in the party spirit later. Let people make a fuss over you - you deserve it. Do anything special for your birthday?

Ceejay - good heavens - FIVE 12 hour shifts????? Holy cow - by day 3 I'd be a zombie! Suck up that coffee girl.

Michelle - I'm sure you are probably glad to see Monday come just so that you can get a rest from a busy weekend Hope you got everything accomplished that you needed to. I hear the weather is rainy and awful so at least you didn't miss quality outdoors time.

... Ok ladies, started this at 7:30 this morning and here it sits at 4pm. Let me at least get this much posted, will be back on to catch the rest of you tonight.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 AM   #92  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just a quick run by because I should now be in bed and not playing on the computer.

No damage to the car thank heavens. However the boss at work has had his roof busted and the tiles cracked. He lost six windows due to the hail and they ended up with the four kids sitting it out in the bathroom because of all places in the house it has the least glass. Apparently the window glass just exploded into the house. Lots of cleaning up to do there.

Busy at work. Naturally. Everyone wants knowledge now that a finish date is set.

Gotta go. Back tomorrow.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:13 AM   #93  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Wondering where Annie is???

GOOD MORNING ALL. FEELING SLEEPY THIS MORNING AND IN SLOW MOTIOPN. MUST HAVE BEEN THE SWEETS YESTERDAY. I HAD A GREAT TIME BUT IT WAS NICE WHEN IT WAS OVER. AT THE LAST MINUTE I DECIDED TO MAKE IT BIGGER PARTY AND ORDERED SOME STUFF FROM THE DELI. IT TURNED OUT THAT EVERYONE ELSE WAS SURPRISED AND PLEASANTLY SO. SO I HAD FUN WITH THAT. NOTHING ELSE NEW TO REPORT. HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY.

MICHELLE~ YOUR WEEKEND WAS JAMMED PACKED WITH ACTIVITIES!! WOW!! SOUNDED LIKE FUN AND HOPE YOU LIKE THE EXPO NEXT WEEKEND TOO. THE LAWN DECORATIONS CRACKED ME UP. JEN'S IDEA WOULD BE TO MAKE A PENGUIN ROCKERY AND HER LAWN(IF SHE HAD ONE) INTO THE NORTH POLE!! I DID HAVE A GREAT TIME YESTERDAY. THANKS

CEEJAY AND LAURA....THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS. THE DAY WAS GREAT.

HAPPY~ SO SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE FRIGGNG FOOT!! ONE DAY THIS WILL BE OVER WITH AND THAT DAY CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH FOR YOUR POOR FOTTSIE I AM THINKING!! THE ONLY THING WE DID WAS SPEND SUNDAY TOGETHER AND RCHIE AND JEN COOKED. LOW PROFILE BIRTHDAYS ARE MY FAVORITE! GOOD LKUCK PICKING OUT STUFF FOR THE REDO OF THE BATHROOM.

SHAD~ WOW!! SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE DAMAGES FOR THE BOSS'S STUFF. GEEZ!! I AM PLEASED TO HEAR YOUR CAR WAS FINE AND YOU ALONG WITH IT!!
HAVE A GREAT WEEK.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:23 AM   #94  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning,

Rainy Tuesday here. Let me try and get this out before something comes along and interrupts me again.

Shad - I'm glad to hear that your car is ok but that sounds like one doozer of a storm you had - almost a typhoon there. I'm sure these next few weeks will be insanely busy for you now that you have to wrap everything up neat in a bow. Hope something else comes along quickly whatever will you do with a day without carbon brushes?

Mel - sounds like you hosted your own party Hope you don't spend the day suffering with a sugar hangover. Your card is in the mail - it takes me 3 days to walk over to the mailbox to drop it off Spring is on it's way - we had a kiss of it yesterday so I sent some up your way. Will keep the rains here today as I'm sure you've seen enough of the wet weather. Now take it easy today and squeek back into the hustle bustle of life at the building.

Michelle - thanks for the warning on the foods. Doesn't it seem that something is always happening? I see the contaminations and think, another reason to try and eat as unprocessed as possible except for the occasional bout they seem to have with ground beef. But uh, that would technically be "processed" too, wouldn't it? Did you pick out a color for the house yet? You should get a nice bonus from work - seems like all the Worldlies did a bunch of shopping at Kohl's over the last few weeks, myself included

Geez Louise Ceejay - hand sanitizer in the coffee I have pulled some long shifts and know what that long shift brain fog is like - be careful! Better you put your laundry in the refrigerator than sanitizer in your coffee

We checked with our insurance and they only cover accupuncture if it's done by a licensed physician. The only one of those is way out in the boon docks. The sessions are not that horridly expensive out of pocket (and there is health care reimbursement as Michelle pointed out) so I told DH to at least try a session or two at a recommended local guy. If it helps the pain, it's worth the out of pocket cash as he has been suffering alot lately and the doctors are no help at all. I will be curious to see how this rolls out.

So... did Annie and Laura run off drinking with Mary (Java Turtle)???? Someone send out the hounds!

Better get to work now. Have a good one.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:26 AM   #95  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies -

I'm feeling kinda overwhelmed or stressed or something...can't quite explain it. No biggie. It's probably nothing a few endorphins can't fix. I guess I didn't work out enough last night though, so I'll have to do more tonight. On the bright side, we had gorgeous weather yesterday! It was in the mid-50s, and I was outside without even a light jacket...just a t-shirt and jeans! Love, love, love the sun!! I'm glad that I'm taking Friday off as a "me" day, though it is filling up quickly between blood tests, painting estimates and meetings. This Saturday will be even busier, but nothing planned for Sunday yet. It's supposed to rain at least through Saturday, but at least it will be warm.

Happy - So are you working from home this week? You were up on your feet too much over the weekend? Bad girl!! Do I have to come down there with the ? Vacuuming and floor washing can wait a week until your foot is more healed. Remember when you told me to take it easy and not overdo when I was having back problems...you need to take a bit of your own advice. You don't want to set your progress/healing back, do ya'? I hope you and DH can figure out inexpensive, but lovely and practical bathroom renovations. We actually had gorgeous weather over the weekend - the foggy/rainy stuff is here now. But at least we don't have to shovel rain, so I'll take it! Sorry to hear that your insurance doesn't conveniently cover acupuncture. Most places up here are $75 for the initial consult, and $30-$50 for subsequent visits. My DH is planning on trying it for his knee pain. Keeping my for him, and for your DH and you too - but only if you behave yourself and stay off your feet. As for our house color, for the main part of the house, we're sticking with the same color...sort of beige-y. Right now the trim is a rusty-red, which I don't like. So we're going to change the trim color to chocolate brown, which is the color of our gutters anyway.

Shad - Glad the car was undamaged. Sheesh, your boss sure had a lot of hail damage!

Mel - Glad you had a nice party. Hope you get to relax today!!

to Laura, Annie, Ceejay and Patty!

Love and hugs to all,
Old 03-09-2010, 11:05 AM   #96  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Howdie Girls...sorry took a vacay day yesterday...forgot to report in on that one. It was a productive day...couple of holes patched and paitned, caulked the backsplash and painted wall.

I am very super busy today, I will post more later...sorry.

MELLIE...sorry I missed your birthday, hope it was a great one. Cheers!!

Later
Old 03-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

I'm not in the mood to work. Ugh. Not really in the mood to do much of anything. I'm sure it has to do with the clouds this morning.

Happy
I wish we had the option of working from home. I'm with Michelle, take care of the foot. It's hard to keep a good woman down though.

annie
We all desrve some me time. How is your hand doing? (dog bite)

Michelle
I'm with you on having this warm sunshine. It almost made it to 70 degree's yesterday. Now today rain.

Laura
Where did you get off to, or have I missed your post?

Mel
Glad that you enjoyed your birthday.
Old 03-09-2010, 01:11 PM   #98  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Glad that you had a nice day off and got some stuff done. Why is it that whenever we take a day off we pay for it the next day by having twice as much work to do?

Ceejay - 70 degrees? I'm so jealous. Are we all having a rainy day today?
Old 03-09-2010, 02:00 PM   #99  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

I am baaaaaaaaacccccccccckkkk.

Couldn't focus on all this stuff I need to do at work so I went and had my nails filled. Then went to Kohls and bought a 72 dollar tankini for 20 bucks (on sale, Kohl's cash, and a 10 buck off coupon) That's all I needed and am now ready for vacation.

Great news....all new tests on the parathyroid came back within normal limits. The Endocrinologist said with the first tests were a fluck or a miracle had happened, cause all my tests didn't show ANYTHING. I am going to go with the miracle of prayers cause I want to believe I got a miracle. ~smiles~

Chelle..thanks for checking on me yesterday. That was very sweet of you and I appreciate it more than I can really say. Living by myself, I could lay in there incapacitated for days before anyone would discover me. love yas, and hugs....Sorry you are having a blah day...sending you some really great feel good endorphins. You deserve a me day on Friday. Good for you!

Ceejay....the dog bite is getting better. Swelling is gone, it is barely colored with bruise anymore, the biggest gouge is still ugly looking, but all and all much better. Thanks for asking. Hope you get in a better mood, work tends to do that to us. Here is a thought I heard from Joel Osteen over the weekend...Instead of getting up and saying, dang I dread/hate/don't want to go to work, get up and say, Yes, I GET to go to work today. So that is my new mantra. Hand sanitizer in the coffee..hmm, are your insides all santizied now?

Shaddie....Sounds like your down time at home is filled with work, at least that kind of work is for yourself and I tend to enjoy outside yard work. Glad your weather has taken a break. Not only was yesterday Aussie Labour Day it was also International Women's Day.

Happy...we are supposed to have some kind of rain for the next 17 days, but I will take it as long as it is warm outside and it is NOT snow. I hate snow, as mentioned on 3FC before. lol It started out sunny here today but has since turned gray, HOWEVER warm like 60 degrees. Fine with me.

MELLIE...why is it when we have the opportunity to sleep in, we can't and on a work day all we want to do is hit the snoozer? Life is strange like that. Thanks for the SF Rita, perfect no salt for me.

Laura...how's it going, sticking to plan....don't poke too hard in the food, cause I may be in there watching you. wink wink.

Not much else going on here, getting the hair cut tonight, DD is coming for dinner. I made veggie lasagna yesterday and will bake it tonight. It said to let it sit in fridge overnight for better taste, so I did. Then we are going to visit momma. DD painted momma's nails red on Sunday as that is what she wanted. It looked really nice. She is funny.

Hello's to all, have a fantabulous day!

Loves and Hugs,
Old 03-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #100  

I’m here! Didn’t run off drinking. At home we’re all out of “everyday” wine, and I don’t want to uncork the wine we bought when we were toured Southern Illinois’ Wine Trail last October. Not yet. Need to get to Binnie’s or Trader Joe’s for some inexpensive vino. And I didn’t even drink anything alcoholic at the Oscars party. Why does it have to be on Sunday night? Grumble grumble.

Shad – Who could forget Richard Simmons?!?! I’m glad your car wasn’t hail damaged. Hope the boss’s insurance will cover all that damage to his home. Down the block from us, a tree was struck by lightning several years ago and essentially exploded. The sound (so loud I thought for sure it was a transformer that got hit) caused all the windows on the nearby house to break.

Mel – Sounds like a nice birthday you had, and I’m glad you enjoyed your party. Glad the shoulder is feeling better.

Michelle – That recipe sounds easy and delish! Add some cumin and it’s a lot like one that we make w/ leftover rotisserie chicken – but your recipe sounds tons easier – no stripping chicken from the carcass!! Re your comment about Kohl’s – it’s probably difficult to buy much that ISN’T on sale because they always have a sale and everything’s always on sale, lol! I enjoyed the Oscars party, but the show…I thought Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin as hosts would really be great, but no, wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be. And I am so tired of Ben Stiller’s appearances. He crosses the line from funny to embarrassing in the blink of an eye and then it just drags on and on. The big winner, "The Hurt Locker" is next in our Netflix queu.

Happy – Your anniversary dinner sounded wonderful. Yum – crème brulee. My mother gave us a kit one year for Christmas w/ mix, ramekins, etc. The best part is the little butane torch to get that sugar shell on top. Sorry your foot was hurting, but you just need to stay off that thing, ya hear??!! Of all things that can wait a while, housework is at the top of the list for me, LOL!! Hope the acupuncture will work for DH. I’m surprised it’s still not covered. Another thing wrong w/ the healthcare system…

Ceejay – Five 12-hour days sounds ultra-grueling. Be sure to get your rest! You want to be able to enjoy your days off when they finally come! We’re getting fog and rain, but not 70 degrees! Sounds nice.

Annie – Glad you had a productive day off. Sounding pretty handy there. C’mon up north, I have some painting that needs doing – and so does Michelle, LOL.

I wasn't as tired as I thought I would be last night, so I did another of the MR workouts off her Classics dvd. Another oldie but goodie, even better than the one I did on Saturday. Tonight we're going to see the movie Shutter Island. Bf is going w/ me because he wants to see it too.

Happy's talk of bathroom renno's and Annie's patching, painting, and caulking makes me want to get busy! I'm going to list some projects that I'll do on my own. BF hates painting (and isn't all that good at it, for that matter), so painting will be on the list. Better get to it before the outdoor work starts up.

Have a great day everyone! :flow:
Old 03-09-2010, 02:11 PM   #101  

Annie, you sneaker-inner! Glad to hear the parathyroid tests came back clear!!! Yup, great news for sure. That Osteen thought is a good one - I get to go to work today.

And back to it...
Old 03-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #102  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - I am SO glad your parathyroid tests came back normal! Let's hear it for miracles!! Congrats on the great price on the tankini! Good for you for treating yourself to a manicure on your lunch hour and a haircut tonight!! I hope you have a great time with DD and a nice visit with momma, red nails and all! I'm doing a bit better this afternoon. Still have a lot on my mind but I'm so looking forward to Zumba tonight, tomorrow and Thursday, that it's lifting my spirits. My "me" day on Friday is filling up very rapidly! But I'll get a lot done, so I'm still looking forward to it. I'm glad the dog bite is getting better. I totally agree with Joel Olsteen...I'm sooo grateful to have a job that I enjoy working for a great company!

Laura - In our old neighborhood, a house two doors down got struck by lightning, causing a small fire and lots of damage to the house. Weather can be some scary chit. I'm with you...housework can wait, always. Laundry...well no. And grocery shopping...gotta do that. But vacuuming and floor washing? Seriously? I guess when you have 3 dogs, you know it's just gonna get dirty again in an hour...so if it waits a week, what's the diff? Especially during mud season - which is what we have now. I hope you enjoy the movie tonight...Shutter Island is supposed to be very good. I'll be expecting your review tomorrow.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:55 AM   #103  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HAPPY WEDNESDAY LADIES OF THE WORLD.
I HAVE A DATE WITH A DESK & PHONE. IT'S A CHANCE FOR AN EXTRA CHECK SO I TOOK IT. SEE YOU ALL LATER OR MANANA!!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-10-2010 at 07:56 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 07:56 AM   #104  
Creating a Healthier Me

Hi everyone -

Guess y'all haven't woken up yet. No worries. I'll bump us up and then check back again to see what y'all have been up to.

I had a great time at Zumba last night. And before Zumba, I did a bit of treadmill, and then some upper body resistance training, along with crunches and planks. Tonight is an hour long advanced Zumba class with a tough instructor. But don't worry, I'm not gonna jump or twist my knees or anything...I'm gonna behave myself.

Lots to get done today, so I'll sign off for now.

Hope you all have a great day!

Love and big hugs,
Old 03-10-2010, 07:57 AM   #105  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - You snuck in! I hope your day goes well. Don't overdo it, okay? And when you're done, make sure you get some relaxing time in.
Closed Thread