Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 10:24 AM   #136  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

It's raining this morning but not storming.

I'll be out of town this afternoon. Talked to my aunt last night and she's getting over bronchitis. She probably doesn't need to be out in this dreary weather.

No time for personals. Every one enjoy their week end.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:01 AM   #137  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING ALL AND HAPPY FRIDAY TO YA.
I AM ON A P P BREAK AND WORKING TODAY. WILL CATCH UP WITH YOU ALL LATER....

ANNIE....I DID READ YOUR POST ABOUT THE MOM & POP STORY. HOPE THE DOCS CAN HELP MDAD OUT IN A HURRY AND MO0M ADJUSTS TO HIM NOT BEING THERE. I TOLD JEN TO GET THE BULLETS OUT WHEN I GET LIKE THIS!! I USUALLY ASK "DO YOU STILL HAVE THE GUN"...THEN I TELL HER TO GET BUSY LOADING IT!!
SENDING YOU LOVE...

AND LOVE TO THE REST OF YOU.
I WILL BE BACK OVER THE WEEKEND OR MAYBE TONITE...DEPENDS ON THE EYES.
HAVBE A GREAT DAY AND A WONDERFUL WEEKEND.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:31 AM   #138  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Friday ladies -

Since I had a fasting blood test early this morning, I slept in until right before. Then came home, had some brekkie and starting gathering stuff for the meeting with my website client. Going to make a quick run to the pharmacy and have lunch with a friend before the meeting. Then it's an hour long Zumba class at 5:30. Both my painting estimates called to reschedule their appts. Doesn't matter really, because a guy came out yesterday that was highly recommended from a friend and I really thought he was experienced, knowledgeable and best of all honest! I hope to get his bid early next week and I SOOOOO hope it's in the ballpark, because I really want to hire him. Tomorrow, it's pet sitting, Zumba, more pet sitting, Sports Show. Then on Sunday, it's pet sitting and two painting estimates. I did appreciate having a little time for me today.

Ceejay - Hope you're having a nice time in Paragould.

Annie - Wow! No Sugar and little carbs? Sheesh, girlfriend! Okay. I'll do it. Glad to hear dad is doing better and that mom is okay too. Hope you have a good weekend and get a little time for yourself. Take care of you, my sista!

Mel - Don't work too hard, okay.

Well, I've gotta run now. Wishing everyone a great day and a great weekend!

Love you all,
Old 03-12-2010, 12:57 PM   #139  

Before I forget: The book is: Organizing from the Inside Out, by Julie Morgenstern. See if this link works: http://www.juliemorgenstern.com/Prod...ooks_OIO-2.php

Ceejay - sounds like you had a nice day yesterday w/ some outdoors time. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Annie - Glad to hear dad is okay! Have a great weekend, including the double date.

Michelle - Glad you got some of your "me day" back and I hope your lunch is nice. It's great getting recommendations - we now have a "go to" plumber thanks to the recommendation of a neighbor. I hope the recommended painter's estimate is in the ballpark, especially since you really seemed impressed by him.

Mel - take care of those peepers and have a Happy Friday and a great weekend.

Hellos to Happy & Shad.

My half day today, and I don't have time for much of anything after troubles getting into e-mail, a phone call about an icky thing to follow up, and a training session about our migration to Microsoft Outlook e-mail (coming up Monday afternoon). I wasn't planning on taking my laptop home this weekend, but I really should do some major e-mail cleanup before the migration. Hmmm. I'll just have to tackle it before I leave today and on Monday.

Off to the flower show within the hour. I need to pick up some batteries for my camera and get my CTA transit card loaded w/ more $$ for my bus trip to/from Navy Pier.

Have a great weekend everyone! Don't forget DST this weekend - "Spring Forward".
Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM   #140  
Happy September

YES...THIS IS THE WEEKEND FOR TURNING THE CLOCKS AHEAD....SO HOW FAR CAN SPRING BE???
MUST BE CLOSE NOW. MY FACE IS A MESS AND I ASKED THE OFFICE TO TAKE THE AIR FRESHENER OUT OF THE LOBBY. MY SKIN IS ALL BURNT LOOKING. GOD SAVE ME FROM MY FOOKING FRIENDS. TO SAY NOTHING OF HOW MY UPPER CHEST FEELS
ANYWAY.....................THE MONEY WAS WORTH IT. I NOW HAVE ABOUT 1200 TO PAY FOR MY WHEELCHAIR REPAIRS IF THEY EVER LOCATE THE REST OF THE MISSING PARTS EYES ARE A BIT BLURRY SO THIS IS SHORT...

ANNIE...SENDING HUGS FOR THE PARENTS AGAIN AND FOR YOU

CEEJAY....HAVE FUN IN PARAGOULD AND ENJOY THE SHOW!

MICHELLE...CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!! SDOOOOO MUCH BETTER THAN A GAIN SORRY YOUR DAY TURNED OUT TO BE A GOPHER DAY!! LOL

HAPPY....IT WILL FEEL SO GOOD TO GET WASHED FROM HEAD TO TOE...ENJOY THOSE MOMENTS OF LUXURY!

SHAD....WISH I COULD SEND A REAL HUG

LAURA...THE PANTS AND SLIPPER STORY WERE TOO FUNNY! YOU SHOULD SEE SOME OF THE OUTFITS I DRIVE DOWN TO THE STORE IN DURING THE SUMMER....BUT PEOPLE THINK "OH THAT POOOOR WOMAN" WHEN THEY SEE ME AND I CAN GET AWAY WITH IT!

DON'T THINK I FORGOT ANYONE. I NEED A REST AND A SHOWER AND SOME SOFT JAMMIES.
OH.....ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT RICHIE...THEY RAISED THE SUPPORT ONLY $10 A WEEK...THE JUDGE TOLD HIM HIS EX CANNOT GET BLOOD OUT OF A ROCK BEING HE IS STILL UNEMPLOYED. THE JUDGE IS HAVING CHILD SUPPORT INVESTIGATE RICHIE'S ACCOUNT TO SEE WHERE HIS MONEY DISAPPEARED TO. AND HE WAIVED THE COURT FEES FOR NOW....THERE ARE 2 MORE HEARINGS TO BE SCHEDULED TO CLOSE THIS DEAL. BUT THE JUDGE TOLD RICHIE TO RELAX AND NOT WORRY. THE KIDS BROUGHT HOME THE CASH I SENT THEM WITH. I DIDN'T WANT RICHIE TO BE PENNILESS IN CASE OF ANY OUTSTANDING COSTS OR FEES. SOMETIMES A JUDGE WILL HOLD YOU THERE TILL A FRIEND OR RELATIVE COMES TO BAIL YOU OUT. THANK GOD THIS JUDGE WAS A GOOD ONE. SO ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL AND I NEED TO GET OFF HERE!!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-12-2010 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:48 PM   #141  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Woke up this morning with sharp pain between the shoulder blades. I guess I will survive, but it is not feeling too great right now. Thought a hot shower might do the trick, but nope, not a hope. Just have to hope that gentle movement through the day will get me past it.

Annie - so pleased to hear that dad is doing okay. Your family must be living on a bed of nails waiting for the next thing to happen. But there again, the next thing might be something good. Let's hope.

Michelle - I remember going to Navy Pier in Chicago with Happy and her DH. We also went to the Bot gardens and a butterfly house as well. It was a fun day. If I remember rightly we went on the ferris wheel as well. And I saw both old and new in that there were tall ships sailing on the lake and jet fighters in the sky.

Laura - enjoy the flower show. There is one coming up here as well. Sometime around the end of the month. Same one as I went to last year. It's on the weekend that I am due to leave for home. Not sure whether I will go or not yet.

Happy - glad to hear that the foot is out of jail and that it can get wet again. Nothing like a wallow in a bath or a long hot shower to make the body feel better. And it just doesn't seem the same when one bit misses out on the action.

Ceejay - enjoy your time off. It will go too fast anyway.

Mel - Glad to hear that Richie came out of that one okay. An increase of even $10 will be a burden for him though. I sometimes think the court is not fair on the fathers at times. Don't get me wrong, they are his kids and he should be contributing to their upkeep, but many times the mother has taken up with another man and doesn't always need the amount paid in for the kids. Sometimes the money does not go to the intended benefactee anyway, and sometimes the controlling parent is just plain greedy. I wonder how those who are paying the child support are expected to get on with their new lives and pay their own way. Certainly is not a lot left after the tax office and child welfare agencies get their whack out of what passes for pay these days.
Off the . I need to do some shopping for food for the next couple of weeks. It will only be fresh stuff. I've got enough 'staples' to last me out although there could be some interesting meals on the way.

I need to write a list. See ya
Old 03-13-2010, 08:18 AM   #142  
Happy September

HAPPY SATURDAY ALL.
OUR WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE DARK AND QUIET. RAIN AND MORE RAIN. IT'S LIKE A HURRICANE OUT THERE. BUSHES ALL BENT IN 1/2 AND RAIN SMASHING DOWN ON THE WINDOWS. THAT'S OK BY ME...OUR GRASSES NEED WATER FOR SPRING GROWTH AND WE CAN GET RID OF ALL THE SOOTY SNOW. JUST RESTING UP THIS WEEKEND AND RECHARGING MY INNER BATTERIES
HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND
** I forgot...I have seen 187.5 on the scale a few times this week. If it lasts, that would be 6 lbs down this year.

LAURA...I'LL CHECK OUT YOUR BOOK LATER. HOPE YOU ENJOY THE FLOWER SHOW AND THE PICS COME OUT. GOOD LUCK WITH THE E-MAIL CHANGE.

JEANETTE....HOPE THE AUNT FEELS MUCH BETTER VERY SOON. THE WEATHER DOWN BY YOU HAS BEEN SCARY!!! IS ALL THAT CLOSE TO YOU? I' SAW A LOT OF DAMAGE IN YOUR STATE ON THE TV. STAY SAFE MY SOUTHERN FRIEND.

MICHELLE....YOUR WEEKEND IS A BUSY ONE FOR SURE. LOTS OF PETS AND ZUMBA. HOW IS THE DH'S BACK?? DID THE SHOTS WORK AT ALL?

SHAD....HAVE YOU TRIED COLD COMPRESSES OR ICE? NOTHING WORSE THAN BACKACHES WHEN YOU WANT TO BE MOVING AROUND. RICHIE'S JUDGEMENT WAS THE MINIMAL AMOUNT AND IT HAD TO BE DONE. THE KIDS ARE OLDER NOW AND THER HAS BEEN NO RAISE FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS. JUST SORRY IT HAD TO COME NOW WITH UNEMPLOYMENT WHAT A JOKE. HOPE YOUR JOB OVER THERE KEEPS YOU IN THE MONEY FOR AWHILE....SEEMS LIKE EVERYONE I KNOW IS LOSINGA JOB OR THEIR HUSBANDS ARE. I THOUGHT THE COUNTRIES WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RECOVERING....INSTEAD IT SOUNDS MORE LIKE WE'RE ENTERING A DEPRESSION!! FEEL BETTER MY FRIEND

I SMELL SOMETHING SOAPY & SQUEAKY CLEAN COMING FROM THE SOUTH...MUST BE OUR MISS HAPPY IN THE SHOWER!! ENJOY THE TOTAL SHOWER!

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:37 AM   #143  

Afternoon all,

The things I do for this thread. Today I decided to go into the mountains and do some walking. I chose to walk the Olinda Falls Track.
So I drive off up to the mountains, find Olinda, check out the map and proceed to try to find this @#$@#$ park. I drive up and down hills, up and down single lane dirt tracks way out in the bush. I go up and down Falls Road and can't see the place. On the third trip up the road, I see a sign - covered in scrub. I get out of the car and go have a look. Yahoo, the Olinda Picnic park is up the road. At least I am on the right track. So raising the dust, up the track I go again. Still can't find the place - no more signs. I think I will just go to the Natioanl Rhododendron Gardens instead. But stupid me, I find myself still trying to find this stupid #$%%^ park. Down the track I go AGAIN. About halfway down, I glimpsed the back end of a car off the road and no one about. AHH HA. Reverse up the track and down this rutted lane and lo and behold I have found the place. One thing I can tell you about the Olinda Picnic Park - the loos are very handy. Anyway, I walked the walk, took a few pics and then went to the Gardens. If any of you have seen the photos I took of this place some years back when the Kurume Azaleas and the Rhodo's were in bloom. This time, there were few flowers but it was still very pleasant. I'll be looking at the photos some time tonight and you will get to see them later. You better bloody enjoy them. Someone needs to put up their hand to wash the car as well. Oh I guess that's me!
Oh yes I went to Miss Marples again, but the people were hanging out the doors again. I should have tried for the earlier morning tea, rather than driving up and down dirt tracks. I'm destined not to eat there I think

Hey Mel, did you enjoy the DVD????

Right - time to think about what is for dinner, if anything. I'm not that hungry

Last edited by Shad; 03-14-2010 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:24 AM   #144  
Happy September

GOOD SUNDAY MORNING. HAVE A GREAT DAY.
LIGHTS ARE KILLING MY EYES TODAY SO I'LL BE BACK TOMORROW. LOVE TO ALL
Old 03-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #145  
Happy September

Shad....i Haven't Watched It Yet. Been Busy With Kids And My Eyes!! Lol Soon Though.
EDIT: THAT WAS SOME TRIP FOR FINDING THE PARK!! BUT I HAD A GOOD LAUGH OUT OF IT SO IT REALLY WASN'T FOR NAUGHT I FELT LIKE I WAS THERE IN THE CAR WITH YOU lol3: OMG I AM STILL CRACKING UP OVER HERE. BUT I'M GLAD YOU FOUND IT!! HOPE THE BACK FEELS BETTER TOO

OK....I'M BACK.
LET'S TRY THIS AGAIN. WHEN I TURNED ON THE PC THE LIGHT WAS JUST TOO MUCH. MUCHO PAIN. NOW I AM FEELING BETTER. RAIN AND MORE RAIN. WIND AND MORE WIND. THANK GOD WE STILL HAVE POWER. BUT LAST NIGHT I WAS WORRIED. FIERCE WINDS WERE BLOWING THE TOWN APART. SCARY CHIT SKIPPY!! YESTERDAY WAS BUSY. WINDOWS LEAKING ON DIFFERENT FLOORS, FRONT DOORS STAYING OPEN CAUSE OF THE WINDS, WATER IN THE LOBBY..... GEEZ!! NOT THE QUIET WEEKEND I HAD ENVISIONED!! MOTA HELPED ME AS MUCH AS HE COULD BUT MOTHER NATURE WAS IN CHARGE OF OUR AUTMATIC DOORS!! THE CAULKING FOR THE WINDOWS WILL HAVE TO WAIT TILL THE WALLS DRY. SO I GAVE THE TENANTS COINS FOR THE WASHER & DRYER TO KEEP THEIR TOWELS DRY. WHAT ELSE IS THERE TO DO
THAT'S THE WEEKEND SO FAR. WE'LL SEE WHAT MOTHER HAS IN STORE FOR TODAY.

Last edited by MELODY525; 03-14-2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:23 PM   #146  

Hi everyone! Still need to resize a couple photos from the garden show to post here. Show was alright. I think maybe every other year is probably adequate. My expectations seemed too high this year for what I actually experienced.

Be back when I have photos to post.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0714.JPG (95.9 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Laura705; 03-14-2010 at 05:08 PM. Reason: inserting photos
Old 03-14-2010, 05:14 PM   #147  

Another couple photos, if they fit
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0730.JPG (63.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0723.JPG (55.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-14-2010, 09:06 PM   #148  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
Hope you back is better and glad that you found the garden. You sure went to a lot of trouble to find it.

Laura
Those pictures are beautiful.

Mel
What an awful week end you have had with those torrential rains. Hope things has calmed down.

I had a fun time at the dinner musical onFriday night. There is a lot of good local talent. The time change is nice even though my body has yet adjusted to it. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Last edited by ceejay52; 03-14-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:02 AM   #149  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi all,

Sorry I didn't get here over the weekend. It was a busy one. I am going to try and go into the office tomorrow even though my foot is still very tender and lets me know in no uncertain terms if I've been on it for too long. At least I will give it a try. I'm really happy too - got a call from Mom on Friday night. We invited her to come visit for a few weeks as well as go to the beach house with us. She has gotten to the point where she no longer wants to travel alone. (I knew this was coming). She was talking to my SIL who loves to travel and loves to drive and she (God bless her soul) offered to come down from Milwaukee, pick my Mom up and drive her to our house. They will rest a day or two and then we will all go down together. My SIL is alot of fun and she has a nice cozy van. DH will not have to drive or it will be minimal so he's It will be fun to have more people. Every one of us is excited about it.

I did do some grocery shopping and laundry and a bit of cleaning this weekend. Probably up more than I should have been. The foot is hurting this evening so I put it up while I watched TV. Having a really hard time falling asleep too - last night I didn't fall asleep until 4:30am - tossed and turned for 3 hours! I took an antihistamine tonight in desparation. Am feeling a little sleepy so I hope it helps.

Mel I saw the rains on TV - what a storm you had. Glad you stayed dry. Sorry about Richie getting gouged, I agree with the comments about sometimes the ex's really stick it to the men (unfairly). He seems like a good and caring Dad. I hope your eyes clear up and don't be giving away your quarters just because you got an extra check

Laura - I took a peek at the Garden Show website. I would get all hung up on wanting to do all kinds of things that would never get done with our yard - that's too much of a temptation to me but looks gorgeous. At least you got a good walk around. Thanks for the pictures!

Ceejay - are you as tired of rain and chilly weather as I am? I noticed things are starting to bloom though. Spring is here in the south.

Shad - I hope your kinks work out and thank you for travelling vicariously for us even if it didn't turn out quite right. I was pleasantly surprised to get your envelope yesterday. Thank you so much. Will write you this week.

Annie - hope everything worked out ok with the folks

Michelle- did your painter recommendation come through for you? Always nice to throw business at someone who is a good referral. Reward good work. Did you have any fun besides Zumba?

Ok, it's wayyyyyy past my bedtime - we are looking at maybe 5 hours - not nearly enough. I probably won't post tomorrow morning - takes me a long time to shower yet. So happy Monday - make it a good one. We are going out to dinner with friends tomorrow night so I'm looking forward to that.
Old 03-15-2010, 04:02 AM   #150  

That's Monday done and dusted. Maybe I might get some time to finish this doco before I go. One nearly down and one to go. And the carbon brushes keep coming back to haunt me. I shall be busy until the end.
Closed Thread