Old 04-14-2010, 05:42 PM   #121  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hola All.

I went out and bought me some 100 % Whole Wheat Whole Grain Bread (yes checked the ingredients) and some Smoked Turkey and Roast Beef for sandwiches. I have to get off the white stuff (white bread, rice, etc) So I am starting slowly.

I want to find a GYM that is close to my new work. I figure, new job, going back to college = new me. So I am planning on working out everyday. I am thinking on my lunch hour but have to wait and see how that goes first. I don't know when else to go except maybe after class and that would be late at night and I would be BUSHED. I think lunch would be good because it would give me the boost I will desperately need to get through the rest of the day at work and then my class at night!

I ordered me some heels!! I usually cannot wear the "pretty" shoes because I have a bad back + not great feet either but I found some I CAN wear! They are of course made by my favorite shoe company in the world -- CROCS! They have an outlet store here and so my BFF and I went and I tried them on and they are COMFY and I can walk in them! Then DH and I went back to pick some up and they didn't have the color (Black) I wanted so I ordered them online!

I can't wait for my new shoes! Only thing is I have UGLY toes. I can paint them but they are still just ugly toes with nail polish. lol. Any ideas? I'd love to get a pedicure as soon as I get my 1st paycheck, but for now, any "home remedies" to make toes beautiful??? lol.

I am currently reading the "3 Fat Chicks on a Diet" book right now and so far its excellent (of course) lol Then I have the book Ruby's Diary to read.

Susan -- Yeah wouldn't we all love to move there? I don't blame ya I'd wanna see the apt I was gonna live in too even if it *looked* just like the one I looked at! Lots of Luck with the move!

Sue -- Glad your mom's procedure went well. Hospitals sure don't make it easy to get rest -- whether your a patient or a visitor! lol. Don't blame ya on the telling your hubby to eat before he got home. I've just now started cooking for my dh again. lol. He may as well enjoy it because soon it won't be happening with me working + going to school full time. lol.

Big
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 03:13 PM   #122  
~Believe~

Well its quiet in here.

I hope you all are doing well!

Big
Old 04-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #123  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Yes, it is quiet in here. I have been busy with mom..and trying to finish Spring cleaning. Mom ended up getting pretty sick and is feeling slightly better tonight. This poor lady has been through so much nausea and weakness. I just hope she is finished with it. Two dr. appts. next week..and hope they can find out why she keeps getting so sick.
Spring cleaning...a good way to really ruin your outlook..lol. I actually got most of the windows washed. Didn't do mom's cause she was resting. Have to help DH on the shop windows tomorrow, but that's ok, he cleaned screens for me and made my job much easier.

Nothing going on the next few days.Enjoy your week-end.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 01:31 PM   #124  
kitty Momo

I'm here, just been a looooooooog week.

Sassy- Don't have any ideas for the toes, I paint mine black and call it good. I have stubby toes. haha

Sue - sorry about your mom, hope she is feeling better.

I made a salad and off to work I go. I am back up to 160, and I honestly don't know why. I even went and bought some strawberry slim fast. 10 pounds/1 month,that is all I want to lose.....I want to be 150 when I go to Hawaii. R saw me at like 195 last time. eeeeekkkk, I guess 160 is thinner..maybe I am ok?? lol pfft.

better get, no rest for the goofy.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #125  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hi all...sorry for being MIA...too much stuff going on and my mom was here last week so...will post more tomorrow and start a new thread but for now...HI and BYE!
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:22 PM   #126  
~Believe~

Happy Hot N Sticky Rainy Friday! lol.

Sue - So sorry your mom has been feeling so bad. I hope she feels better soon. I've been doing spring cleaning too today. Did my room. It used to be the office now its nothing really until we get the treadmill and what not in there. Cleaned the windows wow they were dirty!!! Also dusted and doing laundry -- yay. lol.

Susan -- GL on the slimfast. I tried it and it makes me sick, literally. I've been eating 1/2 turkey sandwich on whole wheat bread. I found a Curves by my new job and may go scope it out there is a coupon online that you can get a free week there, so may try it.

Cristina - Hi.........Bye! Hope you had fun with your mom!

Big to all!
Old 04-16-2010, 06:24 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 298/269.8/180

Height: 5'7"

This was the first week back to school after spring break...it went fast, but we were busy each day! There is so much to do before the end of the year. I almost feel like "crunch time" is starting~racing to finish all that is required in the last 29 days of school! The students were glad to be back together! Next year Easter is late, so our break will be the last week of April; we will go back May 2!!! It is nice because we should have nicer weather, but harder to wait longer for a break!!
How is everyone doing? I have been going up and down all week! I am trying to push more water! I did get 2 three mile walks in, and 1 exercise video, so I did do something! (in between running and taking care of my own family!) lol! Now competition season has started for concert band (both of my girls play), so our weekends are spent with the bands!
Have a great weekend everyone!
saksn4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:33 AM   #128  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Mom is doing much better this morning. I hope it continues...she has an appt. Monday.
It turned pretty chilly here in the night. Brrrr...had to close the windows after having the nice warm breeze for a couple days. At least the house smells fresh and clean. DH is doing some yard work and I went out to help for a few minutes. I told him it felt like winter again....he said I should go indoors. Awww..he likes to work in the cool though. Our trees are all leafing out, so we will have tons of shade again by the time it gets real hot. I think we only used the A/C 2 weeks last year due to all the breeze/shade we get here.

Anne- I have also been going up and down. (for a couple years...sigh) I am having such a hard time deciding what to cook. DH doesn't want red meat, which we don't need, but it limits the dishes I can fix for him. He loves beef stew and hamburger casseroles but those are out. Only so much I can do with chicken..and he likes fish, but only two different ways, so grrrr. I am happy without meat on the nights he eats fish. I can eat a baked potato or a salad and some veggies and be OK. Mom will eat whatever I cook, bless her heart, but she really likes pasta, so I try to fix that for her. And she loves hamburgers. (DH doesn't care for either, but will eat pasta sparingly) Some days I think this would be easier if I was only cooking for me. And DH actually told me one day he would "fend" for himself...yeah right..and leave the mess for me. I would rather do it myself.
Hope your end of school activities don't wear you out. Do you work during the summer? How many children do you have?

Sassy- Great on the eating. I buy Aunt Millie's Healthy Fat Free Wheat bread. It is the only FF bread I have found that I can eat. Light breads don't even cut it with me. So, I will stick with this. I am trying to cut down some ....but I did have my toast this morning. I am through with cleaning for a few days. I still need to do mom's windows and help DH in the shop, but not today.

Susan- I would take 160 and rejoice! You have done so well, I wouldn't sweat it. But I know we all have our goals. Couldn't believe you couldn't see your apt. Oh well, it will be a surprise when the walls are all electric orange!

Cristina- I am so glad your mom came to visit. The photos were great. Something you will remember. My mom lived away from here from the time Joe was born until she moved back 6 years ago. She visited once or twice a year and it was always fun. I sure like having her here now though. Don't know how I would have kept up with all her illnesses if she was still in Florida...frequent flyer miles I guess. Keep up the good work walking. I so wish I had a walking buddy. DH walks too slow...lol. My former neighbor has just gotten her hips and legs "fixed" so she can walk again. We put lots of miles on the streets out there. I am tempted to drive over and walk with her now. I lost 15 pounds when we first started walking and kept my weight down until we quit when she had hip surgery. Then we moved here and the weight has just crept up. I know I can lose by walking and riding the bike, but it is hard to get back at it. (whine..whine...excuses..excuses..) I need someone to shake me!!

Okay...DH is coming in and I need to talk to him....hope you all have a wonderful week-end.

Last edited by suetalks; 04-17-2010 at 11:36 AM.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:46 AM   #129  
kitty Momo

Quickie , cause I am suppose to be working - pfft.

I did see the apt! I saw it Wednesday, nice and clean and the carpet was good. I hate worn out carpet. Little bar area so I want to get some stools to sit on. It's ok, Gab is crying she doesn't want to move, I don't blame her. Poor thing.

better get - chat more later.

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 04-17-2010 at 11:46 AM.
Mom2Gaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 03:16 PM   #130  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

DO NOT POST HERE! Head on over to BIK #88 See ya there
FrouFrou is offline   Reply With Quote