Old 02-16-2010, 08:36 AM   #16  
Bodacious Babe

S/C/G: 259/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Good morning everyone... I am running late this morning, and will post when I get to work.. Thanks everyone for the welcome... I am excited to be here!!!
GiddyupKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:38 AM   #17  
Bodacious Babe

Talking Introduction!

I thought I would tell everyone a little about me, since you guys are stuck with me..... hehehe

I'm Selena, 45, and livin' in Memphis, TN... I've always been a BIG girl... but in the past 10 years, I put on 100 EXTRA pounds. UGH!!! that hurts to even say it!!!
I'm a marine brat... my father was in the marines for 22 years.. it was only fitting that I marry a marine, so I did.....I stayed married to him for 20 years... I was miserable, he was abusive....I "ate" myself into oblivion....and gained 100 pounds..
I decided to divorce him FINALLY and now have been divorced for 2 1/2 years..

I was always an athlete, played softball on a scholarship at the University of Georgia for 4 years..., I weighed 150....that is my GOAL weight.... I wanna get back down to that...

I am a HR/Office manager here in Memphis, I live with 2 roomies and have no children!!

Close to 4 months ago, I met a man online... ...we decided to meet in person on the 1st day we talked to each other online... CRAZY!!! but we have been inseperable since then .... He asked me to marry him this past weekend on Valentines day and I said YESSSSSS!!!
This will be the 2nd marriage for both of us, so we have decided to go to VEGAS, and get married on 10/10/10......It will be a BLAST!!!
This motivates me even more to lose this weight...

I just joined WW this past weekend, and I am doing the Beachbody,(P90) for my workout plan....
welp, that's pretty much "ME" in a nutshell...I hope to get to know everyone here!!!
selena..

Last edited by GiddyupKaos; 02-16-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 10:55 AM   #18  

Good Morning, Flowers! The sun is shining, it's cold outside, and I'm feeling very lazy this morning. I could easily take a nap in the recliner. I do have a load of laundry going and the kitchen counter is cleared off, so that is a start. We had a nice week away; the grandkids had so much fun playing in the pool and the adults took turns being with them so everyone had some alone time w/o kids. Our flights were on time and the only glitch was coming home to the ground blizzard. The kids' luggage came on our plane and they were 3 hours behind us on another airline so thought their luggage was lost somewhere along the way. They ended up staying overnight in Omaha because the interstate was closed, not because of the snow as much as the the semi and cars that piled up blocking traffic.

"Gma" -- It sounds like you had a wonderful time on your trip! T is a delight to have around I'm sure. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I've forgotten when your dr. appt. is but hope you get some relief/answers soon. I hope Jack gets some relief from the glusomine -- however it is spelled. I've heard it does work.

Maggie -- Do you still have snow on the ground? It will be a very long time before we see any garden planting around here. We are just hoping the snow doesn't melt too fast or our basement will be a swimming pool for sure.

Susan -- I hope your back is feeling better by now. That is not fun. You did good at your church bake sale! Homemade cookies ! What a nice friend you have!

Selena -- Welcome to the "Flower Power" group! Congratulations on your engagement; what a nice incentive to lose the weight! We are happy to have you join us! I live in Iowa (where it is COLD and we've had record SNOWFALL this winter) with my husband. We have a son and a daughter, two grandsons, and two granddaughters who keep us on the go. I just retired from the local high school last May. Post often!

I need to get moving and accomplish something more this morning. Have a terrific Tuesday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:09 PM   #19  

Good evening, ladies! Didn't quite make it to 40 degrees today, but the sun was out.

Welcome, Selena! We have a lot of help to offer, recipes occasionally, and great camaradrie. We hope you will stay with us. I do WW, am a widow, and work just 2 days a week now. I'm officially retired, but need to get out of the house and the extra money is always welcome. I am an avid quilter.

Faye and Jean - glad to you have both back from your jaunts! I'm glad you had a good time.

Faye, Thomas is a treat! If you ever run out of gift ideas for him, you could get him a Harry and David's fruit of the month subscription. We used to do that for my in-laws. I'm sorry you are having more health problems. I forget, is you doctor appointment this week or next?

Jean, I'm still waiting for my pineapple. Did it get lost in the mail? LOL It's nice to have the break from the snow, but hard to come back to none the less.

Maggie, backache is now gone. I hope it stays that way. I did check into the tv thingie. My boss told me about a box you can get that does the same thing and doesn't need a pc and it's about the same price so I'm looking at that also. Thanks for the Week 7 bookmark.

Have a great evening, ladies!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:08 PM   #20  

Wanted to let you know ....

I will be without internet service until next Tuesday. I got fed up with the telephone company and am changing phone and internet to Cox.

I didn't want you to think I might be in the hospital again.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:41 PM   #21  
Bodacious Babe

quiet in here today.. EEKK!! Did I scare everyone off?? hehehe lol.. Hope everyone had a great day!!! xoxoxox selena..
Old 02-17-2010, 05:02 PM   #22  
Thin Within

Talking

SELENA

No you didn't scare us off. We start a new thread quite often when one gets too full. Check out Steel Magnolias #9 for that is where we are now.

Type at ya later.
Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote