Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #151  

Hi everyone.

Mel - sounds like a nice relaxing weekend for you.

Ceejay - Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight. That late night on Friday goofed me up as far as sleep on Sat & part of Sun. I'd just rather forgo the late late nights, no matter how fun, because of that.

Annie - Sorry you're getting still MORE snow. Ugh. I saw that Chicago was being spared while the areas south are getting it, i.e., YOU. BOO!!

Michelle - Sorry you had a migraine. I hear those are very nasty, so I can certainly understand an exception for Gatorade if it brought any relief. I'm still sugarless. Been difficult though!! Hope your back starts to feel normal again and you can get back to the Zumba classes. I agree that core work is very beneficial for the abs and back, and I've also heard that balance and flexibility are also very important - good you've got the Wii fit to work on all that. Bf really liked playing Wii Guitar Hero at game night on Friday and he was trying to sell me on it by mentioning the Wii fit. Hmmm. Tempting. Not sure I like Wii telling me I'm overweight though, LOL.

Hi Shad, Hi Happy!

Well, my day off has been sort of ho hum. I had a 9:20 allergist appt. I had to wait 40 min. Grrr. I hate when my time is not respected. And I'm not going back to the doc I saw. I don't like his manner. I'm going to be sure I make my next appt w/ another doc in the practice that I've seen in the past whom I prefer. I reported that I hadn't had any coughing/wheezing in the evenings at all since my Dec. appt. I only get a bit of that after I exercise, so he advised me to use the proventil (sp?) inhaler before I exercise.

Bf and I next went to the eye doc. All was fine, but expensive. I selected new frames. I'm not happy w/ the way I look in the plastic frames I've had for the past two years, so I went w/ a wire frame in a light color that blends into my face. I hope I like them enough to keep them for a while - my prescription is strong and the indexed lenses I buy are expensive.

We had soup, salad and breadsticks for lunch. We took doggy for a walk after that. Bf's mother came over to wish doggy a happy b-day (he's 7 today!) and bring him gifts. She finally left and off bf went to buy some dog kibble - we're almost out. While out, he heard from Best Buy, from whom he learned they had the sale laptop in stock that he wanted, so he's off buying that right now. I'm doing a couple loads of laundry. Whoopee!

I'm not sure what's for dinner, but I'm jonesing for some popcorn! Maybe that will be dinner, LOL.

Enough babbling! Have a good evening all (afternoon Shad).

Last edited by Laura705; 02-15-2010 at 08:27 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #152  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

I was here and you was gone, and now you is here and I am gone.

That's the way it goes when there is a time lag till the posts get here.

Busy trying to sort out these damn carbon brushes. I should have a degree majoring in these. They come in little, big, medium, tiny, short, round, square, rectangular, with or without radii, and most have wires attached, some have two, others have none. What ever shape, you are sure to get absolutely black hands when trying to count them. And whatever else happens, you are sure to have an itchy face or nose when the hands are the blackest. Does anyone care for my job??? Oh yes, I am told that this is why I get paid the big bucks. Dirt money - oh yes!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:38 AM   #153  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Do I have 'IDIOT' written on my forehead or something. Went to the mall to get some new pj's today and got accosting by a bloke who wanted to swap a $10 gift card for cash. Never been used!!! Forget it buddy. I didn't come down in the last shower.

Then I got an e-mail supposedly from the ATO (Australian Taxation Office) telling me that I have been refunded for a charge made ($250.50) I need to click on the link and will need to fill out a form. Yeah right, I'm so stupid. I checked with the Accountant, because I didn't think the ATO would get in touch via email and I was right. Just like banks. But still people fall for this scam by the hundreds.
Okay over. Just don't get caught out - any of you.

Haven't got the energy to sort out the personals tonight. I'll be back in the morning. My feet hurt!
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:55 AM   #154  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I GUESS YOU CAN TELL BY THE PICTURE THAT WE'RE GETTING ANOTHER FEW INCHES. JEN & RICHIE WENT TO THE STORES OVER THE WEEKEND JUST IN CASE. I REALLY HAD EVERYTHING I NEEDED.
GOT A CALL LAST NIGHT FROM JOHN'S WIFE(MAINTENANCE) THAT HE IS VERY ILL AND HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL...SOME KIND OF INTESTINAL VIRUS. ONE OF THE OFFICE WORKERS WENT HOME SICK ON WEDS. AND ANOTHER'S HUSBAND HAS IT TOO. NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM STAYING UPSTAIRS TODAY BEING AS I WAS LUCKY LAST WEEK!! I AM JUST GOING TO ENJOY THE SNOW AND TV!
HAPPY TUESDAY.

HAPPY~ THAT IS TOO FUNNY ABOUT THE CUP! WHEN I SAW IT I FELL IN LOVE WITH IT. I HAVE THE OLD BAILEY'S COFFEE CUPS SHAPED LIKE A WOMAN AND MAN...ALSO HARD TO DRINK OUT OF.

MICHELLE~ WITH THESE SHOTS, THERE CAN BE SOME SHORT TERM PAIN FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE THE MAGIC BEGINS. THE TRICK IS TO GET PAST IT. NEVER USE A HEATING PAD....AT LEAST THAT WAS WHAT I WAS TOLD.
AS THE DR TOLD ME ONCE...YOU MIGHT GO HOME AND HATE ME FOR A FEW DAYS BUT ONCE YOU PASS THAT POINT YOU'LL LOVE ME AGAIN. EASY FOR HIM TO SAY!

ANNIE~ I ONLY NIBBLED AT IT!! I AM SOOO GLAD YOU GOT TO SPEAK WITH YOUR SON. THAT WAS A GREAT GIFT!

CEEJAY~ OURS BEGAN LAST NIGHT ALSO. LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE ABOUT 3-4 INCHES. I CAN'T TELL FOR SURE. HOW DID YOU GUYS DO DOWN THERE?

Last edited by MELODY525; 02-16-2010 at 07:57 AM.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:07 AM   #155  
Happy September

I DIDN'T SEE THIS WHOLE PAGE

LAURA....YOU GUYS HAD A FULL WEEKEND. HAPPY BIRTHDYA TO THE DOGGIE....ANOTHER AQUARIAN! HOPE YOU LIKE THE FRAMES TOO. GLASSES ARE SO RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE...DENTISTS TOO. HOPE TOO THAT THE INHALER WORKS. SOUNDS SENSIBLE.

SHAD~ SORRY YOUR FEET HURT AND THEY COULDN'T TYOE LAST NIGHT. NEXT TIME I POST I'LL TRY USING MY TOES. ARE THEY FASTER AND MORE ACCURATE THAN FINGERS?? YOU POST MADE ME LAUGH...
YES PEOPLE ARE GETTING CAUGHT IN THESE SCAMS BY THE MILLIONS!!!!!!! IT'S SCARY JUST HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL RESPOND. I GOT AN E-MAIL FROM, "EBAY" TELLING ME TO CLICK HERE AND UPDATE MY INFO THAT SOMEONE HAD TRIED TO USE IT....SENT THE EMAIL TO EBAY AND THEY TRIED TO TRACE THE SCAM. THANK GOD I THOUGT TWICE!!! HOPE THE WEEK GOES BETER NOW YOU'RE PAST THESE AZZHOLES!

EVERYONE'S AVATARS ARE CUTE!! I BETTER GO FIND ONE.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 AM   #156  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Mornin...I still hate snow. Neighbor Matt shoveled my drive while I was at work, however I still had a 1-2" coverage that I had to shovel when I got home. Woke up this morning to another 2" covering. I plowed through it in my car and came to work. Maybe Matt will get energetic and shovel again today. Bless his heart, he is working nights, so he must do it before he leaves for work. Matt, his wife and kids are my next door YOUNG neighbors that I let use the other half of my driveway, he kinda takes care of me like that cause I am OLD, Geez, I used to be the one who helped my neighbor. DO I FEEL OLD. H8LLS YA.

SHADDIE....and if you are a d*mned idiot, you would be a didiot as my dad used to call his kids on a regular basis. Yeah, born at night but not last night.

MELLIE...yes stay upstairs, eat OP and exercise the H*LL out of things, since there isn't much to do but watch TV...Get on it girlie, I am hiding in your cove watching you......BOO!!

MMMM Laura...was the soup, salad and breadsticks from OLIVE GARDEN...that is my favorite meal. I hope you ate more salad than breadsticks!!! I can still see you. Let's get fire it up!! Yes, get slender! I used to be a cheerleader in H.S. The rolling pin awaits you and MELLILE.

CHELLE....how the heck is your back,,my dear? Getting better, enough to get back to exercising? I am do 5 lb weights at my desk at lunch for my arms. The shoveling lately has given me enough exercise otherwise. Maybe make a huge veggie soup and some salad to take for lunches. Good idea??

Ceejay...you are welcome to all of my snowflakes for the rest of my life...did I mention I HATE SNOW....lol. The piled snow next to my driveway is now 4 ft deep. Gladly ship it to you.

Happy...how's the foot, staying warm, OP, and being a good gooey?

Hello's to all
Love and hugs.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #157  
Happy September

HERE'S THE CUPS MISS HAPPY. CUTE HUH?

ANNIE~ AND I AM WATCHING YOU WITH YOUR YOUNG NEIGHBOR...I HEARD ALL ABOUT OLD LADIES LIKE YOU PREYING ON THE YOUNG
Old 02-16-2010, 09:39 AM   #158  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Tuesday -

I'm so tired of this frassin' migraine! It's back. I wanted to stay home and rest, but couldn't as there's too much to do today. The back is doing a little better. Not 100% yet but hopefully soon. I've been researching some isometric core exercises that are supposed to work the abs and help the low back...so I'm doing them a lot throughout the day (at my desk, walking around, etc.).

We got about 1" of snow last night, with maybe a little dusting more coming today. Not bad at all. It's too little to snowblow, and I sure as heck shouldn't be shoveling it. So DH and I will probably just let it melt. Why risk hurting his knees for such a small amount.

Laura - I really, really like the Wii Fit, and don't mind it too much telling me I'm obese. In fact, I look forward to the day when it says I'm just overweight. It's a nice way to track your weight and BMI. It gives exercise tips, and helps you set weight loss goals for whatever timeframe you set, and it tracks your progress. I'm really glad we got it and I still haven't even scratched the surface of all it does, with the customizable exercise programs, etc. If you do decide to get the Wii, I recommend spending the extra $ to get the Wii Fit, and no, I don't work for Nintendo or receive any commission! Darnit!! Sorry you didn't like your allergist. I have exercise induced asthma...so my doc recommended that I use my rescue inhaler (Combivent or Proventil) 20 minutes prior to exercising. It really helped. I don't use it much anymore as I don't have too much trouble with my asthma during or after exercise anymore. My glasses are light wire frame so they blend into my face. In fact the frame is only on the top portion of the lens, which I really like. Happy B'Day to your doggie! Sounds like you had a really nice low key, relaxing day off!

Shad - Sorting and counting carbon brushes sounds like a real PITA! Two scams in one day! Sheesh! Good for you for not being duped.

Mel - You should definitely stay upstairs and away from the sickies! I am starting to love my doc and the shot. I'm sure I'll love it even more tomorrow. Six months of being able to move, sit and sleep pain free is SO worth a few days of pain. I talked to the doc about Radio Frequency Ablation, which deadens the nerves for 6 months to 2 years, and he said that is much more risky, and there's no guarantee it would work or last more than 6 months. So if I'm getting 6 months relief from the cortisone shot, then that's the way to go.

Annie - So nice of your neighbor to shovel your driveway. Snow shoveling is definitely good exercise. They're saying we might go a whole week without any significant snowfall! Good for you for doing arm weights at lunch!

Well, gotta sign off for now! I'll check in later!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:22 AM   #159  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...so sorry about your migraine. I wouldn't wish a migraine on my dog. I suffer with those occassionally. Used to daily till I found out what caused them...raw onion. Weird huh? Doc said when a food item causes migraines it is a sign that you are allergic to it. Hence, raw onion and chocolate, good thing I don' like chocolate, but it broke my heart on the onion. Dear Lord in heaven, bless Chelle with a pain free head!! I would love to get a WiiFit, but not sure I would stick with it like you do and waste my money. I cannot stick to exercise for more than a couple of months. I suck at it.

Later chick-a-dee
Old 02-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #160  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...love your cups! LOL....and if a guy is young enough to have come from my womb, I will not be doin him. thank you very much...lol
Old 02-16-2010, 11:31 AM   #161  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - my migraine triggers are mostly stress, change in weather and not staying hydrated. As for the young hotties...I'm the same way. While I can appreciate their hotness - like a few of the Milwaukee Brewers baseball players - if they are young enough to be my kid, I will not even think about doin 'em.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 12:15 PM   #162  

Shad – Yesterday was a test for you, huh? Glad you passed!! I have no idea what a carbon brush is, so I'm just imagining you looking like a chimney sweep, brush in hand and covered w/ ash, LOL.

Mel – Glad you avoided the germs last week, and I totally agree w/ you instituting your own quarantine to avoid them this week! Those are really cute mugs!!

Annie – No, the soup, salad and breadsticks were at a local place, and it was NOT one of those all you can eat (aka keep it coming) deals, so damage was limited. . So many good Italian restaurants in the Chicago area, Olive Garden is never chosen. (When I used to travel for work it was.) So nice that ds phoned you and also loaned a buddy his phone!. You sure raised him right didn't you! So nice that your neighbor shovels the drive for you.

Michelle – Sorry your migraine isn't gone yet! I'll keep thinking about the Wii – but I won't let bf know I'm considering it, LOL.

Hi Happy, hi Ceejay!

Well, I'm still successfully abstaining from the sugar – over 5 days now. Sigh. Not easy, but I'll keep at it. Tonight the movie we're seeing is "An Education", about a Brit who goes off to college and starts hanging w/ a rich bloke. That's the extent of my knowledge about that movie, but it's been nominated for an Oscar, so we're seeing it.

Today the plumber comes to snake our kitchen drain, which has slowed and bf can't get to or through whatever's clogging it w/ our manual snake. I hope the $$ aren't too bad. Our neighbor's been using this guy for years, so I at least feel he's competent. I get so excited to find good help!!

Happy Mardi Gras!
Laissez les bons temps rouler.
Let the good times roll.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
Hope the migraine goes away soon. I've been having headaches due to the changing weather.

Mel
Those are cute cups.

Laura
Enjoy movie night. Good job on being sugar free for 5 days.

As much as I don't want to I have things that need to be while I'm still at work today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:00 PM   #164  
Annie - Indiana

Laura...are you getting headaches from sugar withdrawal or are you just turning sour? lol. Baby Boy can do plumbing, cept he is not available at the moment, sorry.

WELL IT IS ON!!!

Vacation May 2 thru May 8....Panama City Beach, FLorida. Whispering Seas Condos. Me and 3 other girls for now, have two openings left iffin any of yuns wanna come too! Right now it is 269.00 a piece for the lodging and Tami is driving her car. SO whatever gas will be divvied up. Excited, I HATE SNOW!
Old 02-16-2010, 01:02 PM   #165  
Annie - Indiana

31 days till Spring

www.whisperingseas.com