Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 06:35 PM   #1  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Frappe Cow Is Back---and Skinny,mais Non!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS FRAPPALICIOUS BERRYPIE!!!!!! so glad to hear you are still speaking to the Tubbos in the Herd!!!!!Wabby lost alot of weight too and Cherry excercises all the time====Peachers still wears poptops,Sugar rides her excercycle,Kiwi and I share fattening recipes----who am I forgetting???? someone else tell her what's up!!!!! oh yeat---Lushbuns stops by every now and then to stir things up!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2002, 10:40 AM   #2  
fatter than U

Talking just to get the new thread going

Hi Bagzie! Haven't been on the instrument of torture since at least the middle of June. BUT, my weight is holding at below mentioned poundage. Go figure.

We got invited to a street party last night and we actually went. More details later. But I can safely say that my butt is not the biggest one in the neighbourhood.

Gotta go think of something to make for dinner. Reservations sound good.
Old 08-11-2002, 12:49 PM   #3  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hey Frappie!

Good to hear from you! Whereabouts in NC are you going? My parents and sister&family live in Davidson, just north of Charlotte. You'll have climate shock at the very least moving there.

What's the big idea doing one of those fasts and having it work?? Well, congrats and keep it up! And be careful hanging around with us....

Kiwi
Old 08-11-2002, 02:11 PM   #4  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

NO QUESTION!!!---hanging around us is bound to make you FAT again----well,at least you can blame us!
Old 08-11-2002, 10:53 PM   #5  
Dysfunctional Queen

Smile Skillet Fried Chicken

I keep moving from fattening food place to fattening food place.

We're going to be in Durham-ish. That's not too far from Charlotte, I don't think.

What keeps the fast working is the 2 miles a day I force Bugsy to walk with me. I'm eating pretty healthfully, but not fanatically.

Really I'd rather move to Brevard to be near FlyLady.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:39 AM   #6  
fatter than U

Default Re: Skillet Fried Chicken

Quote:
Originally posted by Berrypie

Really I'd rather move to Brevard to be near FlyLady.
Think she'd let you try on her holiday jumper?

2 miles a day is fabulous! I think I need to get a dog.

Crappy weather here. The whole of Europe is under water. We just have rain and thunder and lots of slugs.
Old 08-12-2002, 10:06 AM   #7  
fatter than U

Default Friday night special

Check this out! Something that Bagz could take for potluck at glass class.

you can eat these Margies with a fork!

Do we all have to join the Jell-o mailing list now?
Old 08-12-2002, 12:59 PM   #8  
Member w/ messiest house

Default What a concept!

Food and drink in one fell swoop! Sounds like a party to me !

I hear Durham is a great place to live. I went out with a guy from Durham a couple times. All the colleges around there make things interesting. It's a few hours away from Charlotte and a few hours away from the beach. A bit far from FlyLady, but you two could be friends anyway, I'm sure....

Had a lovely afternoon yesterday at friends' camp, hanging around at the water's edge drinking beer, going out in their speedboat so they could waterski (not for me, thankyou), a bit of swimming. It was lovely.

Kiwi
Old 08-12-2002, 02:40 PM   #9  

Default Frappe!!!

You're back! And skinny too! well, hang around with us and we'll fatten you right back up again. Bagzie hasn't been paying attention - I lost weight, but I've gained weight, so I'm basically right where I started. I went to a dietician for awhile but she annoyed me so much I gained all the weight back just to get back at her. Gee, North Carolina. No more frozen winters.

We went out to the races this weekend, but I went home on sunday because I was being driven insane by my friend's 5 yr old grandaughter. Isn't that terrible? I must be getting to be a crotchety old bat. This child was horrible. Loud, obnoxious, whiney and inyerface all the time. It was 95 degrees and she very loudly insisted on sitting on my lap, and loudly insisted that I watch her dance, and then loudly insisted that I sing while she danced (sorry, I've got my limits), that I help her color, and so on and so on. And I like kids too. My nephew is 5 and I love to be around him, so it's not the age.

It's almost lunchtime. Is the good wabby or the bad wabby going to order lunch? It's always a surprise to me.
Old 08-12-2002, 03:31 PM   #10  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

1) According to the Surgeon General, women should not eat alcoholic Jell-O during pregancy because of the risk of birth defects. (2) Consumption of alcoholic Jell-O impairs your ability to drive a car or operate machinery, and may cause health problems.
---now THAT is funny
Old 08-12-2002, 03:32 PM   #11  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

WHERE is the skillet fried chicken recipe,BerryPants???
Old 08-12-2002, 05:10 PM   #12  

Default Wabby/Sybill

Lunch started bad - greek pasta salad - but I redeemed myself by eating a bowl of green beans.

Fascinating, huh?
Old 08-12-2002, 05:47 PM   #13  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Yes, Wabby

You're a thrill a minute. Wow, I'm impressed with the utter horribleness of your friend's granddaughter. I think 5 year old girls can be pretty awful. I remember when my niece was 5. She didn't like the fact that DH and I were having a conversation without her one time and she bit me on the leg. I very nearly hauled off and spanked her butt, but I didn't want to be the bad guy, so I just screamed "Ouch!" Another thing she used to do was swipe things from people and take them home with her. I blame my inlaws for that one. They thought it was cute, for chrissake. She turned out well, though. Heavens knows how.

Here's your skillet fried chicken recipe: take chicken pieces, dip them in something liquid (you know, like melted butter ), them dip, roll or shake them in flour or something crumblike (say, crumbs, for instance, or maybe leftover cookies ) that has been seasoned. Cook them a few pieces at a time in an inch or two of really hot oil, or perhaps Crisco for that extra artery hardening benefit.

I'm going to have a salad made from leftover steak DH and DD had on the boat. I shall be tossing it with peas and scallions, cheddar cheese and lettuce. Lovely, no?

Tata,
Kiwi
Old 08-12-2002, 07:24 PM   #14  

why is it that when the accountant calls and says we owe more money for taxes, the DH wants to argue with me about it? I didn't write the IRS tax laws. Geesh. It was so much less painful when we worked for someone else and the $$ were just withheld before we got our hands on it.

Kiwi, I feel like a louse grousing about a 5 yr old. You'd think I was more tolerant than that, huh?

Time to go get my hair cut. Another fascinating tidbit from my life.
Old 08-12-2002, 11:30 PM   #15  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Hey

When it's 95 degrees out, grousing is allowed.

Speaking of which...now that summer's nearly over, DH has decided that the oppressively hot weather is, oh, I don't know, uncomfortable and he put the a/c unit in our bedroom window. Yes, it's been sitting on the floor of the bedroom all summer. I figure we'll have maybe 1 or 2 hot days from now on.

Kiwi
Closed Thread