Old 01-02-2011, 08:49 AM   #331  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile A fresh new year

And here we are. The "new" part of my New Year will start tomorrow -- today we have the last two parties of the holidays, one a drop-in to the neighbour and one a gathering for charades and other games with the Christmas party gang. I've been moderately indulgent all week but also got in lots of exercise. I know for a fact that I can't get away with moderate indulgence. Tomorrow begins the point counting again.

My single resolution this year is to meditate daily. There are lots of other areas that I'm striving to do better in, of course, and I expect that meditation will help there, too.

Anagram, the sing-along Messiah was SO much fun! I'm getting a little braver all the time about singing out and was rewarded by the woman next to me saying how much she enjoyed singing beside me. I had the same reaction from my neighbour at the main stage performance, who said she depended on me a lot. I take that as great encouragement!

I do love to sing and am planning to do more of it around the house this year.

Oh, here's that picture of the cake:

Kaylets, as Anagram (who knows so well) says, this year may seem uncharted for you. May you be supported and comforted throughout.

WSW, as always sending you wishes for good health. I hope you had a nice Christmas!

All royals, whether within or without the Palace:

Let's all see about behaving like royalty and treating ourselves royally in 2011!

Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 05:06 PM   #332  

Hello my Royals,

I thank everyone for you kind thoughts and wishes.

Although things still are very much "from a distance" I am going back to work tomorrow. I need the schedule and feel as though the longer I wait, the harder it might be.

I am beginning to think I should start a food plan to make sure I do more than just graze and to help myself phyiscally thru this journey. I relied on my husband to do so much of the cooking, something he enjoyed even as recent as Thanksgiving week, that I have to make eating right a special priority.

And where else but with the Royals who were with me for so long???

Its going to be an interesting new year.

And goodness gracious, that cake is something!!
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:12 AM   #333  

Smile Fresh Start Monday!

And I have decided on another resolution. I will eat ONLY at the table when alone, with no exceptions. In my heart, I know this single resolution will get me to goal -- why do I resist it so? No more!

The party was fun last night but a bit of a carb fest -- and I didn't stint. Back to healty eating TODAY. Enough with the sugar and wheat, esp. white. Shall track food and count. DH and I are off for a walk 'round the harbour to the gym.

Kaylets, it does my heart so much good to see you in the palace. You're very wise, I think, to go to work. Routine can be such a help while we grieve.

I'm going to have my oats and then hie me to the offices. Love to all!
Old 01-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #334  

Hello all.....

Although the morning was a blur, and I began crashing ( very little sleep last night) by noon, I caught a second wind about 2 and realized I would make it thru the day and that was the only goal.

Many people commented that it looked like I lost weight but we all know if I really did, how quickly it will pile back on once I regain my appetite.

Got an unexpected check in the mail today; it all made sense when it was explained to me--just didn't expect the disability insurance to make up the difference that SSDI had not. Interesting twist in the Fed law.... if you do not live the entire month, you do not get paid for any of it. Anyway, even the small checks are good when you don't expect them!

The new dogs were frantic when I got home. To be expected, this was the first time I had left them a full work day. This is why I was glad to get them together so they had each other's company while I was gone. Took them about 1.5 hrs to calm down and relax; by Friday, lets hope they take it more in stride that I will be coming home. Tough on these abandonned ones.....but they will realize soon that I do come back every day.

So. I will go find a piece of fruit to eat. Haven't had anything near plant life at all today.
Kaylets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #335  

Smile And have made it to Tuesday

Completely on plan yesterday, I was. I'm trying to get back to that nice mental space where I keep reminding myself that I don't have to overburden my body with excess and/or unhealthy food any more and, as a corollary, I don't ever have to worry about my weight again.

The walk around the harbour was a trifle on the brutal side this a.m. Dark, I don't mind. But much of it was ice, either flat or rock-like chunks that hurt my feet to walk on. So... I was glad to get home. Did a little yoga, had breakfast. Now for a nice hot and fragrant shower.

Kaylets, what are your new dogs like? Smart to get a couple. I always like to get a couple of cats. We used to have a couple of boys that were such good pals, grooming each other, sleeping curled up together. Our current kitty doesn't care for cats, though. We cat-sit the neighbour's tortoiseshell girl sometimes and our cat has let it be known that she is not best pleased.

Remember to take good care of yourself!

As we're into another year, I suppose we should start a new thread. Might just go with the same theme as last year, hey?

Love to all!
Old 01-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #336  

Ohh, Kaylets, so good to have you back so we can let you know how much you're loved. Please, please, kindness to self. Back to work is a good start but let others cater to you if they will. Methinks I tried too hard on the "being strong" part.

Two Poochies, eh? Good luck but they will be good company for the long nights.

Arabella, that cake is fab. Enough to make me want to go "off" (as if I'm ever really on).

However I did start redoing before the New year (with only a couple of slips) and was at 200 even this morning. This evening I went to a trial "ai chi in the water" class. Will see how I feel tomorrow before signing up for the next 7 weeks.

Somehow, sort of accidentally, got all the decoratons to the basement. Weekend will be time enough to pack all up.

Yes, I liked our 2010 theme well enough to repeat. It's broad enough to cover all of our goals.

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:23 AM   #337  

Okely-dokely. Have started new thread -- follow this breadcrumb trail to the palace.