Old 04-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #151  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Fly-by

'Tis dreaded EOM again and hari-kari beckons. "No, no," I say, "I'll just keep head down and get through it and then life can begin on the other side." Gah. So much to do. And so much interfering with getting actual work done.

I did manage to get in a start on the spring cleaning (but what spring of what year, I'm not sure) and a pedicure on the weekend but two days just wasn't enough to do everything. Quel surprise!

Anagram, that's my style too -- slightly unkempt. My hair doesn't really do kempt. But I like it -- more interesting, don't you think, when our hair does the slightly unexpected? I just have to keep mine from doing Bizarro. Like this a.m. when I got up and it was trying to do a Mohawk...

WSW, I did go for the midnight blue and now am freezing toes off displaying in sandals. I'm in the same boat, difficulty-wise. The only way I seem to be able to see my toenails well enough to do a good job is sitting on the floor.

K, lovelies, it's time to get to the gym. And then back to my long, long day of work. Aw, let's just take this day we've been given and make the most of it.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:55 PM   #152  
wsw

arabella-take good care of your royal self during this eom work rush!

another gorgeous day here today. this will be end of mild temps now for a while, but what a treat it has been. got back to dainty portions today, fortunately. well, need to start getting ready for bed. nitey-nite, dear queenlies.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #153  

Beautiful LOOKING here today but still a mite cold and windy. A few weeks ago in the 90s. Mom Nature is having fun.

I think the Midnight Blue toes just seem to fit you, Arabella. Don't know why - maybe it's a Regal Color.

Just realized I'm not getting messages and that's one reason I've been so lax about getting to the palace. Must check it out.

Was at 199.8 this a.m. - had been rollicking along a few pounds higher - wt. wasn't up at the dr. yesterday though - from last visit, i.e.

Must tuck in early tonight and get a good rest. Taking friend to dr. again in the morning so must be moving about a tad earlier than usual.

Yes, wsw, the colors are so great right now. I was glad to see your splurge on the massages - we need that once in a while. I splurged on 4 gerbera daisies this week - hot pink. I'm going to wait until I'm back from Texas to put in most of my annuals this year. Don't want to ask neighbors to water a lot of plants. The four will be enough. I'm crazy about them.

Our local paper had its auction again and I bought four more ped/manis for a very reasonable price plus a gift certificate for hair/nail work at another salon. So should be able to get some nice work on the cheap(er) over the next six months or so. (My middle name according to my late DH - CHEAP. I say FRUGAL.)

So off I go.
anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM   #154  
Empress/Queen

Sorry but just a me-me fly-bye --- will know more about how I am doing tomorrow lol, everywhere I post or talk to anyone I bring things down so am keepin' low profile these days but happy it is May lol.

Anagram, I love your avatar!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #155  
wsw

hi amarantha! good to "see" you! hope info you get tomorrow will be good.

anagram-i agree with amarantha--love your avatar also. good for you for getting those mani/pedi gift certificates, and at reasonable amount. hope you will enjoy each and every one!

hi arabella, and all our loverly royals!

stressful day and times to come so don't want to let this be an excuse to go off plan. tomorrow, though, having massage, and sure glad i sheduled that. having a little trouble with ms technical difficulties now, so will get offline. hope a good evening is had by all. take care.

Old 04-30-2010, 11:41 AM   #156  

Hope, too, that it's good news, Am.

Sending good vibes to you, wsw, for those stressful times to come. Hugs, and hugs and hugs.

And to you as well, Royal Arabella, at EOM. Best I can say there is it's only hours to go.

Lovely day here today for the first day of our neighborhood garage sale. Just put out one "free" thing which is already gone. Had chimney repair fellow here and he's already gone too. Trying to decide if I should walk the park after lunch or walk the neighborhood looking for bargains.

Floating a bit above 200 again today. Less than a pound but the first number is still 2.

Just about all ready for my trip to Pville tomorrow. Another overnighter. Princess (now) 14 is to be confirmed and I'm actually going to wear a dress-like apparatus and more or less "regular" shoes. Is the world ready for this? And with my hopefully "unkempt" hairdo. Mine wants always to fall into a more "prim" look and I'm not at all prim anymore (well, maybe a little).

Anyway, a lovely FRIDAY to ye all. And a great MAY DAY tomorrow.

Oh, re the avatar - c'est moi, of course - many eons ago, many, many eons. So thank you for loving it (me)

Old 04-30-2010, 08:36 PM   #157  
wsw

what a beautiful picture of your beautiful self, anagram!
hope you have a grand time in princessville. thanks for those hugs.

massage was wonderful. i was definitely smart to have scheduled this for today. only bad thing about a great massage is that it has to end. well, good evening, all.

Old 04-30-2010, 08:52 PM   #158  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

Loved your Post though I'm finding it late! Great Pep Talk! I needed to hear!

Last edited by llmw1951; 04-30-2010 at 08:53 PM.
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 12:34 AM   #159  
Empress/Queen

Hello llmw1951!

Also huzzah to all royals 'n another shortie here as am falling asleep.

News was very good but there's a month to go in a cast ... today is Day 40 lol.

Will be back!
Old 05-02-2010, 11:32 AM   #160  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Default Sleepy weekend

I don't know if it's a result of working so hard last week or what but I've been tired this weekend and not very motivated. Ran yesterday and went for a long walk today but not feeling very inclined to do much else. We've got DSIL & DBIL coming for dinner tonight so there'll be that. And DH wants to take a trip out to the bookstore but I'm thinking I might just let him go alone and I'll stay here and enjoy a few minutes of non-working "me" time.

I took my first bouquet from the flower beds today:
Red tulips with fresh greenery and grape hyacinths, yellow primroses forget-me-nots and William and Mary. Cut them short and put them in a squat blue glass vase -- that way, I can leave the flowers on the table for dinner and we'll be able to see each other over them.

Anagram, I DO love your avatar (you). You look exactly as I pictured you. Can't believe Princess is 14 already. How the years fly! Hahaha -- "dress-like aparatus" -- wd. like to see. I have to use styling cream on my hair or it just doesn't work at all - goes fly-away.

WSW, sending you peaceful thoughts for stressful times -- remember to breathe, maybe listen to meditation CDs? You're right about the massages. I often think, well, if I could just start every day with a massage, stress would never be a problem.

Happy May, Amarantha! So glad to hear that the news was good. This too shall pass, of course, but how tiresome for you to be cast-bound! :

llmw1951

Let's take this day and make it work for us!

Last edited by Arabella; 05-02-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #161  
Empress/Queen

Huzz all, off with the cab to store!

Flowers sound beautiful, Wood Nymph.

Do you still do reiki?
Old 05-03-2010, 06:26 AM   #162  

Happy RAINY day - Monday to be exact - FRESH START MONDAY. Cholesterl continues its march in the wrong direction so am more determined (comparatively) than ever. HDL and trigylcerides GOOD. Durn LDL though.....

Hi, llmw1951. Hope your health journey is going well.

So, back from a very good weekend - a proud moment for a grandma. I am so lucky in so many ways. Now it's time to dig in and think about Texas which is only 8 days away. It doesn't seem like we'll be doing much but a good rest won't hurt either, I guess. Have not seen this Sis for more than 2 1/2 years so that will be good.

Thinking of you in tough times, wsw!

Oh Arabella, I WISH I looked like that - I was only 14 in that picture - but I enjoyed posting it anyway. Will never again weigh the 124 I was then either.

Ooh, a whole month more, Empress! But at least the news was good. I have a friend in a cast the last 3 weeks and she's going MAD. Sees her dr. today - hoping her news is good too.

After EOM, your body does need to adjust, WN. Hope you're feeling a mite more lively this morning. I'm not bad consdiering rain and busy weekend (though daughter was Hostess of get together, Mom gets to do a little too ).

Noted I just finished ten years with 3FC (as Arabella did earlier this year). However, while I signed up ten years ago, it wasn't until the following year that I really "worked at it". So (discouraged though I get) I note I am between 45-50 lbs down and, I assume, more healthy than I would otherwise be. Have not weighed today yet but am resolved to drink more water, record what I eat (HATE this part), exercise more, etc. And get that cholesterold down. It was never low - but going consistently higher. Water part is one place I've been lacking. But I've also been "treating" myself a lot. With all the fruits, etc. coming in season, it is easier to make those my "treats".

Anyway, Most Regal Queenly Friends, enjoy this Fresh Start Monday and think good thoughts for all People dealing with illness and other trials which require the most of our Queenly attributes. Special thoughts to wsw, Empress, and our dear Kaylets whom we hope to be lurking occasionally though not currently able to post. And sharing joyful thoughts with Wildfire as she enjoys her little Princess. "Come back" thoughts to our dear Royals sojourning in other parts. You are missed but, as you know, the Palace door is always open and the drawbridge is always down.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:49 PM   #163  

Busy day so far, way too busy. But soldier on we must. Pretty outside and I've not been really out in it yet. Must off to do that - at least for a short time. Need to change the box up a bit.

Thought I was really good yesterday but wt was up today - ate out last night - a salmon Caesar salad. Delicious but must have been salty (I hope that's it).

Well, before the evening wears on too much, off I go.

Old 05-07-2010, 02:09 PM   #164  

Quiet in the Palace.

Just checking in to wish all Royals a Happy Mother's Day - whether they be or not.

My plans just got changed for the weekend. We'll see how things work out.

Beautiful day here. I tai chi'd and have at least been getting in some walks.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:21 PM   #165  
wsw

hello llmw1951!

amarantha-glad your most recent news was good. sorry, though, that you still have to endure cast for another month. that must be so maddening! hope that time will fly by for you.

arabella-the bouquet from your flower beds which you described last week sounds so beautiful. made me smile just hearing about it.

anagram-wow--10 years with 3fc! hearing that made me look at my date, and was surprised to realize it is 8 years this month for me. it is hard to believe that it could have been this long, though i am constantly amazed at how quickly time passes.

glad your recent weekend in princessvile was good. hope your plans for this weekend, though they were changed, will be pleasant.

and greetings to all dear royals, mentioned and -un: thinking of you all! happy mother's day!

171. didn't eat as daintily as could have today, but not too bad, either. need to follow my more tried and true food plan, though, a bit more carefully than i did this past week. well, kind of worn out, so need to get offline now. hope everyone has a good evening.

Last edited by wsw; 05-08-2010 at 08:23 PM.