Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 AM   #16  

Good Morning, Flowers! Bob is out blowing snow . . . again! We can see blue sky peeking through the clouds and the sun was out for about 30 seconds. We are still in the storm warning/watch through today but it looks like the storm is winding down in our area. I must say this has been a Christmas to remember! I started going through my recipe file yesterday; "someone" wasn't very careful when returning recipes to the box and I couldn't find a couple that I wanted to make for next weekend. I need to finish that project and vacuum for starters!

We had a deer "herd" of 9 here last night. Bob was still up and a couple of them came right up to the door and looked in at him. They are beautiful but can cause so much damage to the trees, etc. We've got so much snow they can't find food in the fields so ae coming into people areas now.

"Gma" -- I'm glad you are home safe and sound. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I always enjoy visiting with my cousins and we just don't get together except for funerals. All of our parents, except my "mom," are gone now so we should make the effort to get together since we don't live that far apart. I was not really upset about being home alone for Christmas as long as I knew the kids were safe. Our lights flickered off and on a couple times yesterday so I had the candles and flashlights out on the counter. We didn't need them which was good. It is colder today but the wind isn't blowing.

I have laundry going and need to get moving. Have a nice day . . . only 5 days until the New Year and a thinner us!

Jean -- in Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 01:49 PM   #17  
Thin Within

Talking Saturday

GOOD AFTERNOON MAGNOLIAS :wave

We had a wonderful time spending Christmas day with some of our friends. The hostess made a plethora of food and I took a small spoonful of each thing that I chose and filled my plate. There were nine of us around that table. What fun we did have. It was the girls 18th birthday so there was a birthday cake all decorated pretty and she had fun passing pieces to those who wanted one of her special cake. There were two other cakes also ~ one lemon with lemon icing and a chocolate cake with chocolate icing. Plus a couple of pies and a huge banana pudding. I just had a small sliver of the birthday cake. There was a huge ham and a roast and several large casseroles. If anyone left hungry it was their own fault.

We were there for 4 hours when Will got a call from a friend that needed help. His pipes froze in his place out in the country and his truck wouldn’t start and he was in dire straits. He is a mailman so Will drove him over to get the mail truck and then for a place to spend the night. When he gets back from his mail run today he can deal with his pipes. He hauls great loads of mail to here from the distribution center. Life is good.

Christmas eve I started getting a migraine. Usually I can pop a couple of Vanquish and don’t get the pain. I just stay quiet for half hour till that aura I see with my right eye goes away then I can go on with my day. Well for some reason this one was different. I got it late at bed time so took the Vanquish and every time I woke up during the night I could still see that light show going on behind my right eye and my head HURT. Every 4 hours then I took more meds and I was still seeing that aura off and on till about one in the afternoon but the pain had subsided to just a slight headache when we went to the get to gather. But off and on during the time we were at our friends home I could get a glimpse of that aura. Weird. But my headache went away. Only thing I can figure is those chocolate Hershey kisses I ate. And I had eaten quite a few during the week. Chocolate is one of the things that will bring on a migraine. Usually bright flashing lights do it for me but I didn’t experience any of that lately that I can remember. So it has to be the chocolate I put in my system by eating a few kisses each evening.

DONNA FAYE So glad you made it home safe and had a wonderful time where you visited. Sounds like your folks are really nice. That was nice you had family to take care of your pooch.

JEAN Your festivities will be fun this coming week since you had to postpone them. I am sure you will have a bang up time and enjoy it even if it is later than you planned. Do you ever put food out for the deer? A lot of them will probably be lost to CWD this year.

SUSAN I just know you are enjoying your time off. Stay warm and safe.

Well it is time for me to fix some lunch. See y'all later

Maggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #18  

Good afternoon, ladies. Very overcast but warmed at 60 degrees. It started raining a little after noon yesterday and didn't stop until sometime in the night. I was at Glory's until midnight and it was still raining when I got home. The flower bulbs are all confused. My tulips are up about 6 inches! What crazy weather.

I went to WW this morning and maintained this week. Time to get my act together and get the scale moving down again. There were only about a dozen people who stayed for the meeting today but I know next Saturday will be a mob scene...all those New Year's Resolutions will be put into play.

Faye, I'm glad you stayed safe despite all the ice and had a good time with your family.

Maggie, so sorry about the migraine. I'm glad you felt good enough to enjoy the day with your friends.

Jean, I'm glad you have next week to look forward to a belated Christmas with family. It'll also be a nice start to the new year. How many days now before you leave for Maui?

Guess I go see what I can get into next - have a good evening!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:31 PM   #19  

We just got home from a quick trip to the store and a ride around town. The city plows snow to the center of the street downtown and will haul it away during the night. The piles are higher than the pickup. The ditches are full and the blacktops have barely recognizable tire tracks. I'm glad I don't have to drive anywhere after dark; the land marks are buried!

Maggie -- It sounds like you had a nice Christmas Day with your friends. I'm sorry about the migraine and hope it is completely gone by now. We don't put food out for the deer but do put bird seed out and "critter" mix for the squirrels. The snow is so deep that the deer can't find any food in the fields. Ernie takes off when they peek in the window.

Susan -- Tulips and 60 degrees . . . ah, but a memory! Congratulations on maintaining! I think that is wonderful considering all of the holiday food festivities at this time of the year. We have 40 days until we leave for Maui, I think. Bob just talked to his AZ brother who flies for his job; he said the airlines are charging fees for every little thing they can think of. There were no pillows nor blankets two years ago when we flew. The so called sandwiches were $8 so I'm sure they have also gone up in price. I told Beth to make the kids peanut butter sandwiches to take along.

My dryer is buzzing so another load is ready to fold and put away. Have a nice evening!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote