Old 01-03-2010, 12:04 PM   #46  
wsw

happy new year to all our loverly queens!!

anagram-i like that theme of self-care for 2010! i'm with you, anagram, this is the year. know what you mean too, about being farther ahead than in the past, but still further to go along journey. i haven't thought about lap band surgery as your baby sis had, but only because never had any inusrance which would ever cover even any portion of it. have noticed the commercials for the surgery, though, and when they talk about, "if i could lose the weight, i would----" that is poignant for me, because i have so often thought that, and in the process, have at times, used my weight as an excuse not to do---.

i think one of my goals i plan to work towards in 2010 is to step out of my comfort zone more, and make more things happen in my life. yes, that is definitely one of my goals for this year!

arabella- huzzah for avoiding those chocolates! woohoo! i sure know what you mean about getting to a certain weight and then getting scared, and going back up, and how easy that is for me to do. i too need to be vigilant about that because i have done it so many times. this is our year!

this is the first time in a long time i could look back at the past year, and say that i stuck with it, and was successful. i lost 51 pounds in the past 13 months, and for the first time in a very loooooong time, i can say that i have lost a spit more now than i still have to lose (about 49 more pounds.) it probably is not realistic for me to think i can actually be at my goal weight in another year, but if i continue to stick with it, i could at least be getting pretty close. i am going to use "this is my year to make it happen!" as my mantra. i include in that: getting as close to a normal weight as possible; stepping out of my comfort zone more and trying new things; remembering to have some fun; and of course, a huge goal--finding a nice new place to live, and moving in there!

well, i am thinking of all who dwelleth in our royal court! i am so cold---i need to get up and put on some more layers, although i already look like a movie monster trying to move around with the layers i have on already. lol! well, take care, all. much good health and happiness to all royals in this brand, shiny new year!

Last edited by wsw; 01-04-2010 at 08:38 PM.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:49 PM   #47  
wsw

good evening, royals!

i am already soooooo tired of being cold this winter, i could cry, except that my tears would freeze. lol! this isn't too good, either, since spring is pretty far off at this point. ah well. i am going to get some help looking at places next week, which will be nice (rides, etc.) i have to make sure that i don't let this cold weather (which really does make me feel so crummy physically) be an excuse to go jump ship from my food plan. i have to hang on and continue with the dainty portions. i am making a committment to not go grazing in the fridge tonight, even though i think i should get to eat more because it is so cold. actually, what i need to do is get to bed soon, since i have another very long day tomorrow. ok, so that is what i am going to do. well, take care, and stay warm, queenlies.

Last edited by wsw; 01-04-2010 at 08:51 PM.
wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 AM   #48  

Ah, my Roayl Sisters - how all your comments resonate. I took my tree down earlier than I would otherwise have (for a totally different reason - more anon). And I had the chocolates discussion w/myself at a dept store after the holiday when they were muchly reduced. Decided against too but basically because I had a bag given to me and also my dear jelly beans. So I'm well stocked for the "rewards" if I ever get to deserve them.

And all of your goals resonated, wsw, even the "new place to live" but for different reasons there, of course, as well. And that 51 lbs in 13 months doesn't resonate but DOES inspire. I have lost about that but in about 8 years. And I know you've lost more in total. Same loss-to-go would work well w/me as I never expect to get down to what I was at 30 or so

Yesterday - for my FRESH START MONDAY - I weighed in at 204. Today it was 200.4 so much better. And still less than what it would have been if I hadn't made a little progress this fall.

On the "more later" - I was sked to go to TX for sister's 25 wedding anniversary celebration. Now other sister with whom I was going to be travelling is in hospital and will not be recovered in time to make trip. I've been looking at alternatives but nothing seems like it would work as well including bro's offer to travel w/him. So we'll both (and her DH) go in the spring or so. So now must call sis in TX and let her know. Spring WILL be better.

Yet another sis who had the lap band done is doing well but a bad coughing spell may have caused a hernia and she's having that checked out.

So life goes on with its many ups/downs. I'm in a bit of a funk again but I will survive. That will come and go as well. And it will go a lot faster if I manage to eat healthy, dance around to good music, etc.

So that's the plan...................

anagram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM   #49  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Thumbs up Come on over to the Fresh Start 2010 Palace

Good morning lies! I did start a new thread -- 'tis here.

Well, what a truly inspiring pair you two are, WSW and Anagram!

WSW, 51 pounds in 13 months is simply OUTSTANDING! What a wonderful, amazing difference. Kudos also on your realistic outlook. You are wise!

I hope at least your condo is warm enough? I'm excited for your new digs.

And Anagram -- wow! -- right there on the border, right after festivities. You rock solid!

I hear it's cold in Texas right now anyway...

I've got to do a chore or two before I head over to the office -- yes! the office! -- but I'll drop into the new thread and report ASAP. Let's make this a good one.

Last edited by Arabella; 01-06-2010 at 09:13 AM.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote