Old 12-14-2009, 08:41 AM   #136  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Site is displaying wierd this morning. Page is messed up and HTML code is displaying all over. Doesn't refresh.

I can't read the posts and don't have time to diddle around so I'll try again at lunch time.

See yah - hope THIS posts
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #137  
Choose your hard

oh wait - won't be on at lunch - working at the office in the morning then over to the doc's at 1 to this time hopefully get my stitches out. Will try and get on tonight.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:58 AM   #138  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello ladies, thanks for all the well wishes.

I didn't come to work on Friday, stayed home in bed all day and night. DIdn't go on date as he cancelled and rescheduled for last night then called me yesterday and cancelled last night. At least he called and didn't stand me up. We didn't reschedule as I am not so sure I even care at this point. MEN SUCK. May go down the other road. Not. and why do I always get the ones that treat me like poo? I know, I know, my prince has not come along as yet. My luck I will meet him one minute and die the next. Oh Whoa is me. Boo who who. and my flippin roof is leaking, no surprise there. Not only does love stink, but so does life right now. Ok done with that.

Mom won't eat or speak to any of us. She is being a sh*t*ss. I have tried crying, pouting, yelling, being nice, nothing works. She just glares at us like we are not there. Or she wants us to dissappear. Not sure which.

Good morning my chickies.

I have the week of h*ll ahead of me. I work both jobs, M, W, TH, then CVS Saturday. and let me tell you it has been no picnic at CVS. People are just plain angry in this life and economy. Yesterday at CVS, we decided it was b*tch SUnday! AT least the Colts won. Matter of fact they ROCK!!

CHELLE...don't dwell on the the past pounds problem. Instead look toward the future pounds lost. We all have downfalls, buck up bucko, get back on the wagon. STAY AWAY FROM TEMPTATIONS. Don't even bring them into the house and that includes the salty junk. No one needs salt whether they are eating healthy or not. I tried Morton's no salt over the weekend. Yes, it costs more, but really it is not bad. I kind of like it.....and.....it doesn't take much of it to get the "salt" taste.

Shad...how is the new J.O.B. going? Besides the internet connections? MMMMmmmmmmm wine and cheese tasting, my favorite, wine and cheese. I would love a basket of wine and cheese. Thank you.

MEL....wouldn't you just love to p*ss on the government? I know I would most of the time. Let me know and I will donate to the cause. Speaking of piddling...I just sent my director an email that said, Jim, thank you for submitting your PP to me before the solicit. Before I realized what I had said, he comes out laughing his arse off. PP is powerpoint presentation in reality, however I got the joke of the day.

Ceejay...tell them you cannot make the mandatory meeting as you have a mandatory vacation day. lol

Happy...how's the foot feeling?

Laura...how you doin' today?

Gotta get busy, two days out last week has thrown me behind.

Love and hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:37 AM   #139  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

A good Monday morning to all -

My busy weekend went by way too quickly. With doing 4 pet visits Saturday and 3 more on Sunday, with 1 hour round trip travel time, that didn't leave much time to get stuff done. But somehow I managed to do the grocery shopping, the laundry, dig out all our penguin yard decorations, start decorating the tree, and round up decorations and such to bring into work for several holiday events here. I'm going to WalMart tonight to get gift bags and stuff so that I can get the gifts I need to ship wrapped and get them sent tomorrow or Wednesday. We are SO far behind this year...it's just crazy. DH is getting stamps and address labels on his way home from work...so yes, I am delegating some stuff to him. Between digging in the snow and the Wii Fit, I've managed to get at least 1/2 hour of cardio done each day...but my eating/journaling is still not quite on track. I'm making better choices...just not staying 100% within my points.

Ceejay - So glad you found your pedals at WalMart! Have you taken them to work yet? Hope you like your new vacuum. My real age is a few years older than I am also. I'm working on that. And my WiiFit says I'm unbalanced....no surprise there! What a bummer that you have a mandatory meeting on your day off. I hope it goes well and doesn't take too much of your day.

Mel - What a beautiful winter photo! And an adorable penguin image! Thanks for the great advice about positive thinking and visualizing myself thinner. Wow, you lost 30 lbs in less than 10 months! That's a great endorsement for thinking positive! 1/2 cup measurements...jeez, I really DO have to work on portion control. Thanks for the reminder...I guess. Though it's kind of a depressing wake up call for how large my portions really are. I do appreciate the suggestion though. I hope the apartment inspections go well. Sounds like you have a hectic holiday time ahead with Richie's kids coming. Try and get your R&R in now.

Happy - Does your hair look lovely all cut and colored? My hairdresser also does a cut while my color is processing. Glad you had fun at the work party! I need to finish decorating the living room...but that will be after all the gifts are wrapped and shipped. Our cafeteria often has southern food. I think the chef's are southern. They always have grits as an option for breakfast, and frequently serve Muffellettas (sp?), Po' Boys, sweet potato fries and jambalaya. Catfish is a new thing...usually they serve tilapia, haddock, cod or blue gill as fish options. Good luck with getting your stitches out so you can take a relaxing shower.

Shad - So nice to get out and do some wine and cheese tastings! I like the CSIRO idea of cups of salad, 1/2 cup on root veg (although if it's carrots - I do allow myself more) and 1/3 cup of rice. What does it say about protein? That's wonderful that you found a nice walking trail there, with friendly people.

Annie - I hope you're feeling better. As for men, yeah, unfortunately too many of them do suck. The good ones are few and far between. And I'm sure we've all kissed our fair share of toads. After my first hubby and I split up, I dated plenty of Mr. Wrongs for over 3 years before I found DH. No worries...your prince is out there and you'll find each other. For now, enjoy your holiday time with your friends and kids. Sorry that your mom is being a pain. I totally understand what you're going through. When we had to put my mom and grandma in assisted living because my mom was going through chemo and couldn't care for the both of them anymore...my grandma was pissed and she thought we were all evil as the devil. Congrats on the Colts win!! What I've seen of the highlights, it looks like they're playing great! Great enough to be undefeated so far! Thanks for the buck up words of encouragement. You're right. It's all about future pounds lost. It's about planning better and getting my sh*t together...and keeping bad stuff out of the house. Thanks for the laugh about the PP. Too funny, girlfriend!!

A big to Laura, Patty and Ruth!

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #140  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...and if you knew Jim, OMG he takes EVERYTHING to the limit as far as being ornery.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:12 PM   #141  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Popping in to say hello. I'm getting ready to go home. This has been a busy day. I'm ready for 7 p.m.

Evaluation day was today also. Did extremely well and I'm pleased.

They changed the meeting day till Thursday. This means I have this meeting and a district meeting to attend. ugh.

Michelle
Yes, I've brought the pedals to work with me yesterday and today. I did both lower and upper yesterday and believe it or not my legs are sore today.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #142  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Happy
I got that garbage this week end and then it told me I had been locked out of my account. Not sure what is going on. I had to email 3fc to let me back in.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:48 AM   #143  
Creating a Healthier Me

Morning girlfriends -

What a crazy busy week at work! Yesterday, we had to bring in things to decorate the end of our cubical row - each row of cubes was a team. Since I brought in the most stuff, our theme was, of course, penguins! We had penguin lights, little stuffed penguins all around, garland, a small artificial Christmas tree with lights and gold and red ornaments. It turned out very cute, if I do say so myself. It looks very homespun, very warm, inviting and homey. One team had a Santa theme, another a reindeer theme, and another a fireplace/hearth theme. The information services division has the big party on Friday afternoon, but today is the party for just my particular VP's team. We had to bring in supplies to build/decorate something, but we don't know what yet. Last year, was a tree. This year could be a tree again, or a snowman, santa, reindeer, who knows? So I brought in more supplies. Tomorrow, I'm taking the afternoon off to get my shopping finished and shipping done. I was going to take the vacation time on the 23rd, but I really NEED it now since I feel very far behind and have to get gifts shipped to California ASAP. We normally do a Christmas letter, but since nothing really eventful happened this past year, we decided just to do cards. By Thursday I hope to have it all done so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the month.

Ceejay - Goodonya' for bringing the pedals to work!!! Congrats on your evaluation day going well!

Annie - I hope you have a great day today, free from any annoying PP.

Happy - Congrats on getting your stitches out!! You're free! I hope you are pain free as well as you transition back to "regular" shoes!! Now you can enjoy long relaxing showers.

Shad - Glad to hear the new job is going well. I hope you get your email up and running soon.

A big to Mel, Patty, and Ruth!

I'll be back later!

Love to all,
Old 12-15-2009, 08:26 AM   #144  
Choose your hard

Morning all,

I too am on Michelle's crazy busy train with no end in sight. Only got 4 and a half hours of sleep last night - this will be a tough day. Was in "just let me get this one more thing done" symdrome. I chalk it up to you always pay in spades when you get time off. So... nutso now to have some time off next week. I'm trying hard not to get too frazzled about it but make sure I get things done. It's worse because I have to empty out the downstairs bedroom because the floor people are coming tomorrow. Just about done with that.

And I get to take a real shower today. Stitches are out. Can't really wear a regular shoe tho - still have a gauze pad on and it's enough to make the shoe uncomfortably snug.

Don't have much time here today so my apologies for lack of personals - will try and get back later today.

Love to the chicks.

Oh and Michelle - I am jealous you are so festive at your place. We are having a cookie and punch party tomorrow but except for the dull tree at the entrance, you would never know it was Christmas at my place. Do you think it's because we can't say Christmas and offend anyone?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:07 AM   #145  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - Glad to hear the stitches are out. How long do you have to wear the gauze pad? Do you have to go back to the doc to get the okay to wear regular shoes? I definitely give you kudos for clearing out the bedroom for the flooring people in the middle of all the holiday goings on, and getting ready for your trip! That's more than I would take on. But I don't take on much this time of year. I've gotten to the point where I don't schedule anything extra during this time, and I've gotten really good at setting realistic expectations of myself and my time. I think that comes with being horribly sick for a couple holiday seasons and/or never knowing if the weather is going to allow for anything beyond the bare minimum. I apologize if that sounds bah humbug. I do enjoy the holidays...but at a slower pace with less to do. It's how I ensure that I can have a relaxing, enjoyable holiday season...sort of my Christmas present to myself. As for my work being so festive...yes, we are. We have lots of lights in the trees outside, and several floor to ceiling Nutcrackers in the lobby, along with other big decorations and bows. Near the two cafeterias, we have huge Christmas trees, wreaths throughout the building, and we are encouraged to decorate our areas. It could be because since we are a retailer, Christmas is an insanely busy time for us, when we work longer and harder, so why not keep things festive to make the employees a little more cheerful. And, retailers typically are very happy around the holidays as this is when we do the most business - another reason to celebrate!
Old 12-15-2009, 09:24 AM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

Tuesday...couldn't get my butt outta bed this morning. Yikes, and this week is crazy busy here too, and at CVS. It is nutso.

PP Jim gave me a card with a hundreds bucks in it. Not sure why as I support him very little if at all. Must be the PP. lol

Chelle...you get more done than anyone I know with the exception of Shad who you run neck and neck with on getting the most stuff done.

Ceejay...see what happens when you don't pay attention to us at 3FC, they boot you off of here. LOL. Glad you are back in the rack with us.

Happy...are you going to take a long, long shower...just because you can?

Shad must be working her arse further off than before.

MEL...has the govt. bound and gagged you? Yeah, right, that will be the day.

Laura...where the heck are you woman?

My boss at CVS was calling me piglet last night, not sure what that was aobut.

Baby boy is going again for his swearing in of the Army on December 22. SO I shall be taking 22nd & 24th as vacation days, we get the 25th of course, however work at CVS on the 25th.

Oh got 5 scratch off lottery tickets from my secret Santa, didn't win a dime. Boo on that.

Gotta get some java now, before I fall asleep at this keyboard. Yikes.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-15-2009, 10:20 AM   #147  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - $100 for the PP, that's awesome! Definitely a nice bonus. As for getting stuff done...I'd say it's between Shad and Happy. So if your DS has swearing in on the 22, when does he deploy? That sucks that you have to work on the 25th at CVS. I hope you get paid well for working on Christmas. Bummer that you didn't hit it big (or even small) with the scratch offs.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #148  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

ANNIE...SO GLAD THE BOSS SENT YOU HIS PP BEFORE THE SOLICIT! OH GOD HOW I NEEDED THAT JOKE OVER HERE TODAY!! I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MOM. A LITTLE ADVICE IN CASE YOU WANTED SOME(LOL) ONCE A PERSON GETS IT INTO THEIR HEAD WHICH ROAD THEY ARE TAKING AS THEY GET OLDER...IT IS SPOMETIMES IMPOSSIBLE TO CHANGE THEIR ROUTE. SO YOU MAY HAVE TO ADOPT AN ATTITUDE THAT SAYS C'EST LA VIE. AND WHATEVER YOU DO...DON'T GO ON A GUILT TRIIP! SENDING HOLIDAY LOVE YOUR WAY. OH BTW...CONGRATS ON THE $ FROM THE BOSS....HE MUST REALLY BE INTO PP!! SENDING LOVE TO YHOUR SON

CEEJAY~ CONGRATS ON THE GOOD REPORT AND GOOD LUCK WITH THE MEETINGS. HOPE YOU HAVE SOME GOOD TIME OFF FOR YOURSELF AND A GREAT BIG HOLIDAY REST. GOING TO PARAGOULD? HOW IS THE UNCLE DOING???

HAPPY~ WEBSITES ARE GOING NUTS LATELY. MUST BE OVERLOAD! GLAD TO HEAR THE FOOT GOT A BATH!! CONGRATULATIONS AND HOPE IT FEELS OK NOW. HAPPY NEW FLOORS TO YOU ALSO!!!

MICHELLE~ THE HOMESPUN LOOK IS MY FAVORITE. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD SHOPPINGTRIP AND GET IT ALL DONE. HAVE FUN WITH THE BUILDING. KEEP US POSTED IF IT'S A TREE OR NOT. STAY HEALTHY WHILE YOU'RE SO BUSY AT WORK!!!

IT'S BUSY DOWNSTAIRS. THE BOSSLADY HURT HER BACK AND IS OUT 2 DAYS ALREADY. SENIORS GOING NUTS. MAINTENANCE SEEMS LIKE THEY ARE ON STRIKE. WTF HELPED A FEW SENIORS THIS MORNING AND TOLD A FEW I WILL BE UPSTAIRS IOF THEY OR SOMEONE ELSE NEEDS HELP. EASIER THAN DEALING WITH IT ALL THRU THE OFFICE. RICHIE & JEN ARE EXCITED THE KIDS ARE COMING WISH I COULD SAY THE SAME JEN'SA GING TO DO THE FOOD SHOPPING WITH RICHIE. ONE LESS THING FOR ME. THEY HAVE LOTS OF INVITES FROM THE FAMILY. EVEN LESS FOR ME TO DO! I THINK I AM TURNING INTO A HUMBUG OR SORTS"wreath:
OK...I NEED TO GO MEET 2 SENIORS IN THE COMM ROOM. THEY'RE HAVING XMAS CARD PROBLEMS OF SOME KIND.
HAVE A GREAT DAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:50 PM   #149  
Choose your hard

It's lunch time, chewing on steamed broccoli, back at yah chicks.

I did take a nice long shower today, thanks for asking. Leg (and foot) were quite happy to have a proper washing. Although I am cleared for regular shoes, I need to keep a gauze pad on the foot for probably the rest of the week and wrap a dressing on it. It's swollen and tender and there is only one red shoe I can get on and it looks like an elf shoe so I am back in the surgical shoe. Ready for this to be healed. DH was a sweetie and bandaged me up today as it is awkward for me, my arms aren't long enough I will probably be able to wear a real shoe next week, as long as I don't have to walk for long periods.

I also asked DH if he would please reshedule the floor guys until after the new year. There was just wayyyyyy to much to do tonight to get it all done and I knew that wasn't going to happen. He said ok, he would call them. Big relief - it's still going to be a busy time but more manageable now.

Mel - I don't think you are being a scrouge - just getting tired of the hassle. You are probably the most Christmasy person I know. Enjoy it in your own way.

Annie - how nice of Mr. PP man. What a great surprise! I'm sorry you have to work Christmas day. What a bummer. Spend as much time as you can with the DS. Sorry you didn't win anything on the scratch offs - you have luck like me

Ceejay - congrats on getting a good evaluation - hope that means more cash in the wallet for you!

Michelle - no one can touch you when it comes to knocking out the work and staying busy. I'm still amazed that you can take on web work at this time of year on top of everything else. Is DH finally over his cold? I was thinking too as you mentioned, your company depends on Christmas for a surge in sales so it would behoove them to be as festive as possible

Ok, someone stopped by to talk and lunch is over so I need to post this and finish up my reports. Catch up later...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:17 PM   #150  

Hi Everyone, just checking in. Still catching up on your posts. My long weekend was fine, but very busy on Fri & Sat - shopping, cleaning & decorating. (Indoors too Mel!) Our street's holiday bash was very nice, both the dinner (neighbors across the street) and dessert (us). Cleanup was easy - hardest thing was stowing all the leftover desserts. Although offered and urged, no one took anything home, not even the stuff they brought themselves, and not even booze, LOL! Sunday bf & I both lay around like dead tunas, and yesterday was a bit of relaxation and a bit of shopping. Two sets of nearly all the desserts went home w/ bf's mum for her and her sister to enjoy. Thank goodness - that made a huge dent in the leftovers! The gifts that need to be shipped got bought, wrapped and packed, so yay!

I was scared to get on the scale this morning, but it said 182, so whew! Eating was erratic all weekend and I have to say I wasn't doing much snacking, but my meals consisted of snack-like foods - mixed nuts, crackers & goat cheese, etc. - not "real" food. This morning I took the remainder of the almond crescent cookies to work. Two batches of other cookies I attempted turned out less than satisfactory and I'm still debating bringing them to work. But they don't really tempt me much at the moment, but the very fact that they're there will certainly be a temptation in moments of weakness.

Tonight we're seeing the movie "Everybody's Fine", which I've heard is a nice heartwarming movie. Also heard Robert Deniro is really good in it.

Okay, back to work now.

Cheers!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote