LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Height: 5'4"

I got the job. I start Friday at 4
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #92  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

TRICIA ~ gee, I remember when Elmira was smaller than that, but that was a long time ago now (I was born in Orangeville, but lived in and near Guelph until I moved up here to go to college and stayed). Kap is about the same in the city direct, but when you add all the country folk in, then it is a fair bit more (maybe +5000 or so). Southern Ontario has been growing by leaps and bounds over the last 30 years; we couldn't believe the changes the last time we were down there. Have you ever thought of taking holidays to some of the places that you would like to work, then applying in person when you are there? You never know, it might just work.

2b ~ congrats to you for getting the new full-time job; hope it all works out well for you too ...

DONNA ~ that is mild becuz those temps are about the same as ours and we are usually colder here too; we did have some pretty snow all day on and off though. DH can't wait until there's enuff to fully bank the bottom of our house becuz it keeps the cold winds out, makes it feel warmer in here, and keeps our heating bills down too. Like you, I find the transition from fall to winter hard as I feel chilled a lot. I have mini-heaters all over this place: one in the livingroom, one in the bathroom, and one beside my bed; and I have heating pad for back-up now.

Well, we got all our indoor decos done today; we have it down to only so many (to make it simpler), so it took us only just over an hour, but we put some Christmas music on that I picked up (some Pipe Carols) and we had a good time doing it together. Tomorrow, I need to get at my Christmas cards and gifts, so I can get them out too; that's the last thing I have to do until closer to Christmas time (I think) ...

I did my daily housechores in the AM, so I got some exercise in today with all the walking around doing the decos too. Had a good on plan day. Tonight was pasta night, so we had whole grain spagetti and meatballs.

Hope you all have a great Thursday tomorrow ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-02-2009 at 08:59 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 265.6/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b125by45 View Post
tricia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:37 PM   #94  

Elmira is growing sooo quickly.. i just moved here from hamilton april 08. I can't take any holidays but i will keep my eyes open... I am awaiting to find out if Grand River is going to lay me off... so we shall see...

snowbound.. trust me my daughter can your boys a run for their money... LOL she is truly a tomboy... she loves the barns at our friends houses and she even goes barefoot in manure... what girl does that... LOL
Old 12-03-2009, 07:58 PM   #95  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2b125by45 View Post
Way to go 2b! Good luck tomorrow.

I am doing well, still plugging away with my weight, like we all are. I usually gain every winter, so I am really hoping I can at least maintain this year, then take another run at it next Spring/Summer/Fall.

Well, off to watch Survivor. Have a great TGIF tomorrow everyone!
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #96  
Rosebud

Spent the afternoon working on my out-of-town Christmas cards. The temps have plunged here and we had a chilly wind today that made it seem even worse. Put some bread out in our big feeder for the birdies and the Starlings had a ball scouring after it. The chunks froze and would get stuck on their beaks; it was funny watching them try to figure out how to get them off, but they did as they are real thinkers, those Starlings ...

HOpe you all have a fabulous Friday tomorrow ... Rosebud
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #97  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sorry I've not been popping in much - MOD and ADMIN duties plus being away for a week sort of screwed me up.

Today I finally hung the garland and lights on the front porch, the first time it wasn't butt-numbing weather for that December job. No snow yet - what a strange year!

Nice to see new Canadians checking in.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:33 PM   #98  

Ok so today 2 other ladies and i made 6 pans of squares for a cookie exchange.. and of course i licked the beaters.. u cannot bake and not take a taste.. luckily the squares are at my friends place and I do not have them here tempting me as they take two days before you can cut them... mmmmmmmm i love desserts... that will be the death of me...

Tonight i think i might crash early... i am now just waiting to write finals... and work like crazy next week.. its not gonna be pretty...

I go in for my WI tomorrow and hope all is good... there are locally have a sale tomorrow with 15% off a 1/2 case and %30 (i think) off a case of product.. so i need to determine if i can afford it... LOL
Old 12-03-2009, 09:35 PM   #99  

oh i have a question...

i compared the HM VH shake mix to another protein mix that i was thinking about and vitaminally and minerally (are those even words) they are equivalent.. the alternative has 30 less calories... so i wonder if i could use them and treat them like a VH shake..

what do you ladies think? i know at HM they will push their product but its $20 more than the one i am looking at through Melaleuca which is where we get some other stuff for the house...
Old 12-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #100  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

I say if the cheaper one is good than buy it. I have only found 1 shake product that I like and to buy it I have to travel to the city to get it. Since June that ment a special trip since I wasn't going to the city for any other reason. So I would stock up. I had to consider the pirice of gas into everything. Get what is within you budget.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:11 PM   #101  
Rosebud

TRICIA ~ I agree with 2b; if they are similar and you like them both, then why not buy the cheaper one? Esp if you are on a budget; and who doesn't want or need to save a little money these days ... I buy Vanilla Protein Whey Powder which can be made into a homemade shake or I add some to my milk for my cereal; and I bought it in a large econo jar for a good price at our local drug store -- it will probably last me for months and months ...

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 12-04-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #102  

thanks for the advice.. thats what i was thinking.. there was minimal differences between the vitamins... so i am thinking it should be about the same... the HM shake though does curb my appetite for like 3-4 hours so if the other one doesn't then i will rethink...

So i ate a hot dog (or two) yesterday with no bun and man i gained .6lbs today.. and i was sooo thirsty when i got up... i wonder if because i have cut back on alot of salt if it was totally the hot dogs fault... i don't buy hot dogs and i was out of the house all day so thats why...

anyways i work 7a-7pm tomorrow.. need to pack my lunch and i am just feeling worn down today... my cough hasn't subsided yet...
Old 12-04-2009, 08:48 PM   #103  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Tricia, Get yourself some Benefil. Add it to your shake for extra fibre. To curb your appetite. Since it is tasteless you can add it to water too.

Hotdogs are very high in sodium that .6 lbs is you retaining water b/c of the sodium in the hotdogs. Drinks lots of water and take some vitamin B6 to get rid of the water.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:54 PM   #104  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Well, we are getting quite the winter snowstorm here. Snow, blowing snow, wind, just yucky. Seems like a good day to hunker down by the fireplace. Oops! We don't have a fireplace. lol! Actually I got out and shovelled for a while and it felt good to be out exercising in the cold, crisp air. Didn't even get the whole driveway done before I powered out. I will leave the rest for DH.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am going to try to venture out to Costco tomorrow and look at the treadmill they have there.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 07:24 PM   #105  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

Default First night at new job done!!!!!

It was a pretty good night not too busy. Got about 5 hours of sleep during the day. I am hoping that will improve as the time goes on. Got my schedule for the first month. After Wed. I will 4 days of then start a 4 days on 4 days off routine 10 hour shifts. Will be going in at 9 pm until 7 am. From the looks of things I will be off xmas morning. When working on a holiday will get Double time & half.

I will be keeping my School Vehicle driving job for a little while but I think after the new year I will give it up b/c I have to be3 able to get enough sleep.

2B