Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #46  
Rosebud

S/C/G: 30/Goal Met:L-XL/relosing some

2B ~ sorry to hear that you are having some marital issues, but congrats to you for not soothing your emotions with food; that is something we all have to practice and the more we do it, the easier it will be (or so they say; lol). I wish I could send you some Christmas Spirit (especially for your children's sake); maybe I can pray some your way ...

I spent Friday night and this AM decorating my little 4' tree; and it looks lovely. I have to say that we really go all out at Christmas becuz we really believe in the LOVE and JOY of the season; and the true meaning behind it. We take that seriously, but also in a very fun and upbeat way.

I bought some fun comedy Christmas movies, plus one realistic adaptation of the Nativity story from the bible to put under our tree. We do limit how much we spend though; limited to 3 gifts each and one stocking; which is a family tradition that my parents started when we were children. We get one bigger gift, and 2 smaller ones; but we are very blessed, and there really isn't much we need, so it's really just to bless others.

We had a nice day today; we didn't quite get the weather that was predicted, but the did peak out a bit this afternoon. I put on the last of my ornaments on our Christmas tree last night and this AM; now all we have to do is the wall decos and that won't take long. We had company for the afternoon; and we had a very nice visit with friends.

After a busy day, put my legs up until suppertime. Had fish & baked homefries for dinner (I had sweet potato ones and DH had the regular); plus I had a romaine salad with mine. Got some exercise in this AM, and ate well today (kudos for that).

Hope all our fellow Canadians out there have a restful weekend; and do take good care too ... ROSEBUD

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-21-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Justwant2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 250/187/150

Height: 5'4"

Hello from Ontario!!

Nice to see this thread here. I'm a single mom who works full-time, my weight loss has been through calorie counting and cardio 5x per week for 40 min. After I lose a bit more I plan to add in weight training.

I look forward to posting in the thread. Hi everybody!
carrie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:29 AM   #48  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

Hi Carrie

Rosebud you are so ahead of me on the Christmas front. It's nice to hear about other's Christmas traditions.

I went to get my tree from mom's but dad had a fall and his chemo was extra strong so I just sat with him. It's hard to see him so weak, I hope tomorrow he is stronger and mom can get some rest. Getting old is no fun when stuff like this happens.

I will go back tomorrow, hopefully get my tree and tell my dad again how much I love him.

Have a great Sunday everyone!
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:26 AM   #49  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

S/C/G: 274/ticker/174

Height: 5'10"

Hi fellow Canadians!

Didn't get much done around the house yesterday as DH was out of town, so I decided to do some shopping and relaxing. Today will be busy to make up for it. Need to get some housework done and rearrange some furniture in the basement to make room for our old couch & chair. We got new furniture this week, and the old couch has spent half the week in the kitchen!

Planning to make stuffed salmon from Costco for dinner. Yum!

We usually put up our tree about a week before Christmas. I used to get very stressed about Christmas, but now I try to downscale it. Our two sons live in Toronto now, and both will be home for Christmas, but the oldest has to be on call on Christmas Day, so he won't be flying home until late that night. We will probably drive up to Calgary after dinner and get a hotel and pick him up from the airport. He had to do the same thing last year. It is kind of a double whammy because it is also his birthday on Christmas Day.

ARlife, sorry about your Dad.
Judy Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:32 PM   #50  
Rosebud

CARRIE ~ nice to have you join us on our Canadian thread; the more the merrier, I say. What kind of cardio are you doing?

JUDY-LYNN ~ when the cat's away, the mouse will play ... Glad you got some shopping in: that's so much more fun anyways! It's nice that both your sons will be able to be home sometime during the season.

AR4LIFE ~ Will send up some prayers for your DAD for comfort and strength, and peace for all your family during this trying time. We've had a lot of cancer in our family too.

We had a lovely day; went for a nice drive in the country for the afternoon, and came home to a nice roasted chicken dinner (I cheated and let it bake while we were gone). Hope you all have a Marvellous Monday tomorrow ... Rosebud
Old 11-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #51  
Featherweight

Thankyou for the hugs

I made a lasagna with a huge salad to go with it. The kids came over for dinner, Sunday is family day

Stopped raining and it actually brightened up a bit throughout the day.
Tree is up, just with the lights. I won't decorate till Dec 1st.

I bought mom a tree complete with flowers and decorations, a topiary from costco today. She loved it and is so happy not to have to do up her own tree this year. Dad is fighting hard, he looked a bit stronger today. He's a trooper.

Have a wonderful week
Old 11-23-2009, 05:48 PM   #52  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

S/C/G: 252/Tracker/125

Default Sound the TRUMPETS

Drum roll please........I completed 30 min on the elliptical trainer just now!!!!!!!!!! for the first time.
2b125by46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:19 PM   #53  
Rosebud

2b ~ to you on doing 30 minutes on your elliptical machine. I was gonna try to give you a but the [More] wouldn't work for me so we'll see what we get with that ... (goin' on memory)

AR4LIFE ~ that sounds wonderful; family sunday dinner with the kids (my sister does that with hers too). We had a nice Sunday dinner too, but we just have one furry kid, our NIKO, and he got some too! (Leftovers, that is; we always share with him, cuz he's our boy!)

Just had a quiet day at home; doing stuff around here. Decided to put my legs up more today as I was on them a lot over the weekend. I have a sore on my right front shin but it is starting to look a lot better; we are praying that it will be totally healed real soon ...

Hope you all have a TERRIFIC TUESDAY TOMORROW!!! Rosebud
Old 11-24-2009, 10:44 AM   #54  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

Way to go 2B! You are sure doing way better than me in the exercise dept. Still debating whether to get a treadmill. I would hate to spend all that money and have it sit unused.

Just another SOSO day here at work. Going for my H1N1 shot after work today. Then have to go to my neice's dance review tonight. It doesn't start until 8:00 p.m. Hope it is only an hour.

Looking forward to going to the "So You Think You Can Dance" tour here on Sunday. One of our local girls won, so it should be fun.

Have a great day!
Old 11-24-2009, 01:03 PM   #55  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

JudyLynn I would kill for a treadmill. I love them. I have an elliptical b/c my MIL moved to a smaller place and it was hers. I don't really like it.

My suggestion is go to a gym and get a free trial week or day then use all the equipment they have test the treadmills the ellipticals the rowers the steppers. Once you have tested everything decide which piece you liked best and consider getting the same or something similar. If its going to a class you like more then maybe buying equipment is not for you.

I would trade all my equipment I have for a treadmill right now.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:27 PM   #56  
Rosebud

JUDY-LYNN ~ I know so many people that have treadmills that are being used as clothes hangers and/or livingspace ornaments. I would definitely go to a gym for a trial period and try all the equipment first, just like 2b says. That is the best way to make sure you don't waste your money like so many others have done (including myself).

2b ~ I just donated my deluxe electronic treadmill to charity; they auctioned it off and used the money for a very worthy cause. I couldn't use it -- as it was too fast for someone like me who had bad legs and knees. I also had a recumbant bike and a duel exercycle; and I donated them too. The only machine that I am able to use is my deluxe rowing machine which a friend of DH's gave me (GOD bless him).

Honestly, I am finding that the very best exercise is free and doesn't need a membership to a gym or any special equipment: and that is WALKING!!! I picked myself up a second-hand pair of ski-poles and now I do trekking from spring to fall; and ski or nordic walking in the wintertime. I go when I feel good and rest in between ...

We are starting to feel the cold here, but we still don't have any ***** though. Made a nice pot of chicken & dumpling & veggie soup for lunch today: just the right thing for DH who has a cold and for me, for good healthy eating. Hope you all have a WONDERFUL WEDNESDAY! Rosebud

Last edited by Justwant2Bhealthy; 11-24-2009 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:46 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 265.6/ticker/175

Height: 5'9

Hi ladies i am new to the site and am using Herbal Magic for weight loss.. I have tried absolutely everything else and its not working..

I will start doing exercise once i get rid of this cold.. right now walking up the 3 flights of stairs to my apt is killing me because of the congestion...

Thats probably about it right now.. just thought i would pop in.. today was a very very foggy day... but no snow.. we already had some at the beginning of Nov but nothing since..
tricia80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:05 PM   #58  
Mind-Mouth-Muscle-Motion

Here is the thing ... I have a gym membership. I am almost embarassed to admit it, but I have been paying for it forever - and not using it. Well, I should clairfy, for the first couple of years I used it religiously 5 days a week before work. But at that time I started at 9:00. Now I start at 8:00 and I just can't motivate myself to leave early enough in the morning.

I am afraid of it becoming a clothes hangar, just like our exercise bike. I just don't know what to do ...
Old 11-24-2009, 08:40 PM   #59  
Featherweight

I'm embarrassed to say I have a treadmill being used as a blanket holder

I walk the 3 dogs now, I like being outside even in the rain..............

Still wondering if I'll be getting the H1N1 shot or the reg flu shot.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #60  
LEAN, STRONG and SEXY

elaine19, I recieved your message but I haven't been able to figure out how to do the replies yet. I just wanted you to know that I am not rude and ignoring you.

All is going well.