Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 06:03 PM   #31  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Glad to hear that you are all getting rid of the sweets and stuff that you buy to ruin the childrens teeth at Halloween. We don't really celebrate it here although some people keep trying to get it going. So far the population is resisting.

Laura - Murphy the dog is not yet free. His yard is not finished because the gate did not arrive on time for that part of the build. So Murphy is contained until this weekend. My photos of the fence have just been uploaded so you will get to see my new fence soon. Good luck on the bone density test.

Happy - glad to hear the week off went well, even if the leaves were not great. Always good to take a look at how the other half lives. Sorry to hear about the poor blokes job loss. Rotten sods.

Annie - dinner sounds nice. I'd come over, but I really can't be bothered shifting myself to get on a plane. However I will think of you lot and drool at the appropriate time. A lot of work going on in your life, but it must be necessary otherwise you wouldn't do it. You can join me in being an eccentric, annoying and specifically vague old lady anytime you like.

Michelle - Nice to know there are some almost perfect men in this old world. I don't go anywhere much to find any of them and I wouldn't pick an Australian anyway. But there you go. I'm obviously fussy and not frustrated (but I would be very frustrated if I got the 'normal' Aussie male.

Morning Ceejay and Patty. Mel is off annoying the office staff and making a nuisance of herself in the maintenance department. Love it, wish I was there to join in.

Today, the kids are going to sit around and study (yeah right) and this afternoon I will take them into town and we will have a drink and nibbles at the Breakfast Creek wharf with DB2. Then they are off to the airport to fly home. It's been a pleasant week. I hope they have enjoyed themselves.

Anyway, it is time that I moved along and started some more grouting. I need to ring someone and get up them too. That should put me in a right mood for an hour or so.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #32  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

DAMNATION...THE PAGE JUST LOADED AND NOW THE DOOR REPAIRMEN RANG THE BELL. GOTTA GO
Old 11-04-2009, 08:19 AM   #33  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning/Happy Hump Day/Trash Day/and NO CVS tonight..that is tomorrow night. Yeeehaaaaaa!!<------that is hick talk for Yippity Skippity! LOL

Shad....you never know, I may just take you up on that annlying old lady thing at your place....there are no normal men, just close to it as they are not the perfect gender...we are! You will be pleased to know I did NOT buy any of that nasty teeth rotting candy for Halloween...I chose to work instead so I wouldn't be bothered with answering the door 50 times. Ba Humbug!

Happy/Ceejay....we pay both taxes ... Federal and State. We get taxed on everything EXCEPT groceries. Our state tax is 7 percent....2 percent of that goes to fund Lucas Oil Stadium (Sports Areana). Doesn't that suck. That wasn't up for vote either, it just happened to us. B*ST*RDS! Indiana has always been kind of dumb.

Chelle...the pinto beans/ham and cornbread were quite delish last night. Lots of protein. We had the salad from Sunday as well, it held up pretty good in the fridge.

Well started out the door this morning, and thought, holy crap I gotta poo. Bella ran out, had to yell/chase her so ended up sh*tting my pants. Thank God I was still at home. Went back in and started all over with cleaning/dressing for work. What a way to start the day!

Nellie brought in to work homemade cranberry/nut/orange bread to share for a breakfast start. I had a small piece and it was quite good. She is a good baker. I think I am going to get my cottage cheese with tomato as well.

Not much else going on other than sprinkles and 50 today. I am sick of rainy days, however on a bright note, IT IS NOT SNOW....yeah!

Hello to all

Love and Hugs.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:20 AM   #34  
Annie - Indiana

MELLIE...so far your week is sucking. Hugs my worldlie friend.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #35  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies -

Looks like I'm the early chick today...

So much going on this week and weekend. In fact, I think I'll be busy right up through 11/16, which is better than being bored I guess. I've got lots of cleaning to get done, freelance work (which I'm NOT complaining about), and if the weather cooperates DH wants to go fishing on Saturday...one last time before we put the boat in storage for the winter. My dog Doppler is going to the vet today after work for a follow up. Tomorrow after work, I'm going to the gym for my fave classes. And Friday evening is a meeting with a website client. I'm gonna have to learn/utilize some time management skills - an area I'm not that strong in. Can you come help me Shad? You're so good at that!!

Ceejay - I hope work is going well and that you're feeling okay.

Shad - There is nothing wrong with being fussy when it comes to men. I made the mistake of not being fussy enough the first time 'round when I was young and stupid. So glad you had a nice visit with the kids!

Mel - I hope you get a chance to relax today, free of maintenance men, office staff and azzholes.

Love and hugs to all,
Old 11-04-2009, 08:28 AM   #36  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - you're the sneaker inner today! Enjoy your night off tonight! I hope the rest of your day is less sh*tty than your morning. As you said, at least you were home. I'm hoping for a rain-free, snow-free week/weekend. We'll see what happens. The cranberry bread sounds yummy. I had a bagel and cottage cheese for brekkie.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:59 AM   #37  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I AM JUST GOING TO PRETEND THE LAST 2 DAYS AND THIS MORNING DID NOT HAPPEN. TALKING ABOUT IT JUST P*SSES ME OFF ALL THE MORE. AND I HAVE A SNEAKY SUSPICION I MIGHT HAVE HAD SOME BP PROBLEMS YESTERDAY. I JUST FELT "OFF KEY" FROM THE SHOULDERS UP. A LITTLE WHILE AGO, ONE OF THE MAINT MEN CAME IN AND I LEFT HIM WITH THE DOOR MEN. TODAY IS A REST DAY FOR SURE. I TOLD HIM I WAS SICK AND HUNG OUT THE SIGN. TOMORROW IS TRADER JOE'S.

I DID READ ALL YOUR POSTS AND WAS GLAD TO HEAR ANNIE'S MOM IS HEADING IN A GOOD DIRECTION. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT MICHELL NOT FEELING 100% AND HAPPY'S FRIEND LOSING THE JOB. TO LAURA AND SHAD AND CEEJAY. I WILL BE BACK TOMORROW AFTER SHOPPING.....AND HOPEFULLY IN A MUCH MORE IMPROVED MOOD!
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY

Last edited by MELODY525; 11-04-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Popping in to say hello-- Things are quiet at work.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #39  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I'm glad you're taking a rest day! You deserve it. Rest, relax, nap and watch good tv programs.

Ceejay - So nice when things are quiet at work! Enjoy!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #40  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

hi all,

was running behind this morning - chugged down the coffee (pumpkin spice) and ran out the door. No computer time this a.m.

Ceejay - quiet days are good and few and far between - enjoy them.

Michelle- you are the busy bee, right there with Annie and Shad. Glad to hear you got some extra web work. I guess you'd be one of those loudly booing Mr. Bret at last week's game? Hope the pup gets a clean bill of health. How's DH doing?

Annie - the cranberry bread sounds delish. I have a tricky stomach with my meds - it's no fun. I'm not sure I could handle it on a permanent basis.

Oops - boss calling - be back later...
Old 11-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #41  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy - I wasn't at last weekend's Packer game, but I was booing the traiterous diva each time he was on the TV screen. DH's fever came back with a vengeance today...but he made it to work. He said the "biohazard" sign he has on his office is keeping his co-workers away, making for much fewer interruptions and allowing him to get a lot more work done.

Annie - My niece who is coming to visit had the lap band surgery several months ago. I'm not sure how much they have tightened the band though. She's losing fairly gradually. Is there anything I should or shouldn't have on hand when she visits? I guess I could just ask her directly.
Old 11-04-2009, 03:52 PM   #42  
Annie - Indiana

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm Happy....love love love pumpkin spice coffee. Coffee Mate finally got their pumpkin spice creamer out. I bought some and brought it to work, however EVERYONE is enjoying it!!

Hi back at cha Ceejay! Quiet at work is not all bad. Enjoy it while you can.

MEL....have a peaceful day, my dear!
Old 11-04-2009, 04:18 PM   #43  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle.....some great staples for RNY patients (me) and I assume it would be good for lapbanders (your neice) is string cheese, low fat or no fat cottage cheese, SF yogurt, apple juice (100% only), broth soups like veggie, chicken/rice, even chicken noodle might be alright, believe it or not meatloaf, or very very tender pot roast. I will check it out for lapbanders and get back to you maybe tomorrow. It also depends on how restricting they have her lapband pulled.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:20 PM   #44  

Shad - Hope the drinks and nibbles at the wharf were tasty. Nice that the kids' visit went well.

Annie – Thank goodness you were at home when the sh*t incident occurred! Mmm, cranberry/nut/orange bread!! Enjoy your night off CVS.

Michelle – Sounds like you'll be ultra busy the next several days. Sorry DH's fever came back. On the bright side, he's being rather productive in spite of it!

Mel – Hope the BP is back where it's supposed to be today! Enjoy the quiet today and your Trader Joe's trip tomorrow. Love that store!

Ceejay – Quiet at work is good! I'm sure it's especially good in an environment like yours, where an alarm sounding means a problem for sure. Enjoy the quiet.

Happy – hello!

This day is just crawling by for me. Unfortunately, our company has had to make some staff cuts and today is when the employees were terminated – about 25 between 3 different offices. Sad. One of our admins is transferring to another department next month, so we didn't lose anyone through termination, but the open position won't be filled. We'll get through it. No guarantee further cuts won't be needed down the line though. Company meeting is this Friday to discuss the 2010 outlook.

Last night's dinner was crockpot roast – yum! I like meals like that.

I didn't care for the movie "The Invention of Lying". Just didn't do it for me. I thought Ricky Gervais' other recent movie, "Ghost Town" was better. He's very funny. I need to look up the schedule for cable channel BBC USA and find out when the British version of "The Office" is broadcast (he's in that). I've caught it once or twice by channel surfing, but I'd like to DVR it regularly.

Food's been alright the past few days. Scale's been showing 184 the past two days, so we'll see what it says for tomorrow's challenge weigh-in. This is TOM week, and I'm surprised I haven't had the usual couple pounds of water gain and bloating. I think cleaning up my eating a bit has definitely helped reduce my sodium intake and so I’m retaining less water.

Have a good rest of Wed/Thurs!
Old 11-04-2009, 07:55 PM   #45  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Weigh in day and I have stayed the same, or rather I haven't, because the weight shot up over the weekend and I have managed to pull it back down to where I started last Thursday. So no change for me. Just wish that I hadn't put it on to have to take it off again. Bah humbug.

The kids went home yesterday and we all gathered at the coffee bar to say goodbye. It was pleasant, however I wasn't exactly thrilled that DS1 had left me with very little petrol to get to the airport and back with deviations. He did give me petrol money however and the wee petrol light was flashing quickly when I finally managed to find a servo. That means I had less that a spoonful of fuel left. Next trick is that it starts beeping and then everything stops, usually in close proximity to each other. But I made it. Called in at the takeaway on the way home and they were the slowest people I have ever seen in a takeaway/ fast food bar and the chips ended up soggy as well. Not a good move on my part, but it hasn't affected the scales as of this morning. That's not to say it won't do it tomorrow.

No personals right now. I'm off to have a coffee and watch a tv program, then I am off to do some shopping for dinner tonight and a few vege and fruit for the week. I'm nearly out of coffee as well.

So behave. I'll be back later to see whats up with the post.
Closed Thread