Back in Kindergarten #84

You're on Page 1 of 8
Go to
  • Hello & to the Back In Kindergarten thread!

"I feel like I am back in kindergarten in many ways... personal, sometimes at work and now with the weight loss. I have done so many things wrong over the years.....emotional eating, pills for weight loss, eating the wrong things, failed diets, etc.

Now it's time to start fresh, kinda like back in kindergarten......"

You are welcome to join us in our chatter about life and our weight loss journey!

So please grab your coffee/water/diet coke etc. and pull up a chair and join us!
  • we had a great time as a family for Logan's birthday. we ended up going to Texas Roadhouse because the boys had coupons for free meals from when we did the walk-a-thon. Tommy asked the waitress what they do for birthdays, and she said that they do yeehaws.

so we set it up for Logan, and she came back with a whole bunch of waitresses, and the head waitress came over and asked Logan to stand up on his chair, and then started yelling to get every one's attention......believe it or not, that didn't embarrass him at all!!!!!
  • Hi Christina... I am AJ. Can I join your group?
  • Okay, so I think I am caught up on the posts.

MINDEE...glad you guys had a nice BD dinner, and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Logan! Also, WTG on you wii workouts! You are inspiring me to get off my lazy arse and do something!

SUE...hugs and prayers to your mom. Hope you guys get some answers soon. Great pix!

SASSY...so NOT ready for Halloween. The good thing is I get to see my little Lily again and the hubby will be home to help with the candy also...I always do it, ugh! Sorry about the way your mom is acting. I have issues with my mom but I let a lot of things go. My parents are older and I figure they don't have much time left so I am willing to do the work. I guess in my old age I have learned to pick my battles.

KATY...hugs to you and yours.

Hi KATHY, bye KATHY!

SUSAN...hoping all is well with you and the girls.

JULES...hoping you and the little guy are feeling better.

Not a lot going on with me. Had to go to the doc today. She was supposed to get a cyst off my head but apparently with all the numbing meds it kinda got lost so she didn't get it. Apparently it is the size of a pea (to me it felt more like a marble) and not so easy to get out. So I need to wait until it grows, lmao. But I left with a splitting headache, lol...and stitches to boot...still hurts. Plus she was going to shave something off my neck and instead froze it...OMG, talk about pain! Might as well put a car lighter to my neck the nine times...so that was my day. Glad I had a good one yesterday!

Tomorrow is grocery day but I think I am sleeping in. Then Friday watching the g-kids while Charlotte goes to get her hair done. Then I get to see them again Sat and Sunday...I am a happy camper! Thinking I am going to not worry about exercise until Monday. I DO plan on getting back on track with this. Anyway...

Nighty, night all
  • Hi AJ and Of course you can join...the more the merrier. If you feel like it, can you give us a little bio sort of so we know something about you? This is a GREAT bunch of gals and it's everyone's thread/group! Looking forward to getting to know you
  • Hi All

TG my work week is now over! lol. It was sllllooowww!

Cristina -- I will be ready once we get the house cleaned up! lol. My coworker MAY be bringing her little one over for trick-or-treat if so I'll get some pics! Yeah I know about picking your battles, truly I do. But I am sorry if someone, even if it is my own mother doesn't want to make ANY effort at all, then to me its not worth it. Even if they are your parents, you cannot force them to have a relationship with you. Maybe I am just a terrible rotten daughter, but that is just how I feel! lol. But I am blessed because I have WONDERFUL in-laws! I'm glad you are finding ways to have a relationship with your mom though!

Anywho, I hope you all have a Great Day!

P.S. Wanted to AJ!

• just thought I would pop in here while I have a chance......

the boys' had their school halloween party, so Tommy went to it with them. they got to sing songs, eat snacks, and parade around with their costumes on.

not sure what we are doing for dinner......but that will be the topic of choice here shortly.

I have a cold, and while I was listening to my MP3 player the other day, my left ear went deaf basically. I can hear a little bit out of it, but it feels like I have water stuck in it.

welcome to the group AJ!
  • Happy Hallows Eve!

Well not so happy here. Just heard news there are going to be more people laid off from work. I got news on Tuesday night that an account we support is going overseas on Thanksgiving. So people being laid off there. Then I just heard more are going to be let go too. Its so scary! I am very scared that our team will be next. So far we have been the only team who has been expanding but we got some emails about them looking at our work more closely so that makes me wonder if they are trying to get rid of some "baggage" They always do this right at the holidays too. That is their style. I guess so they don't have to pay those people Holiday Pay. A Supervisor I am friends with was devastated when he heard about the one account going over seas and that he is going to have to lay off some of his people.

I am lucky, I have a husband who has a very great job. But there are so many who are the Primary or only Breadwinners of their households who have children. Why? I mean I just heard on the news this morning that the Economy is quote "Stable"???!!! On what planet????!!!! I guess I just need to be sure to do my job the best of my abilities and continue looking for another job in the meanwhile and try not to freak out too much.

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well!

• AJ to the group! It is nice to have you join us.

I am just pooping in for a second, I have to dash to the store for some salad fixins before work.
    Disgusted to be right back at 154 this morning, took me a whole month to ....do.....what??? Maintain??? lol Ugh. I guess I will chnge my ticker later and make it a Thanksgiving Goal. haha

k- better get.

to everyone!!!
  • well, if it wasn't for bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all!

Tommy got pulled over while he was out and about. the cop gave him a ticket for 10 over instead of 15, for not having his license on him, and for no proof of insurance. He does have his license, but the cop claims that it shows up as being suspended in the computer in the cop car. he called Secretary of State, and they told him that his record is clear.

So, Monday he is going Secretary of State to get a copy of his driving record, then call and make his court appointment. He also has to get insurance on the van here shortly as well.
  • mindee-that's terrible--Teri had her license suspended for tickets once..luckily she hasn't one in several years so she's back to 0 points.

SuzyQ--I am "maintaining" but at a MUCH higher weight than I want to be...

sassy--they gotta say the economy is "stable" so that everyone will spend during the holidays...always scary when they talk about layoffs.. they are "looking to cut excess" at my work too.

Cristina--"OUCH"...hope the headache is better. Dominic is feeling better, hubby and I still aren't 100% but aon the way. Hubby was in bed for 3 days when it hit him. Went to the dermatologists today to get something for my rosacea and look at a few spots...one spot needs to be watched...

AJ--welcome...hope you find our little group as nice as I have...

not much going on...what can I say we are an old boring couple....
  • well, I made the cupcakes for the get together for the complex on Saturday. they are all decorated and ready to get eaten!

Jules~ the last time Tommy got a ticket was back in December of 2007 when we got into the accident on the way home from the Christmas party. And even that was put under advisement when we went to court.
  • HAPPY HALLOWEEN, ALL!

Josh and fam are supposed to come over later but I am sick, just a head cold but still...don't want the little ones to get sick. And definitely not ready for trick or treaters...glad the hubby is gonna be here.

SUSAN...maintaining is better than gaining missy, and just as hard to maintain as lose so you are doing good. You reminded me that I forgot to weigh...maybe do it Monday since that is when I will be starting again. Hope you guys have a GREAT Halloween!

JULES...what is Dominic gonna be for Halloween? Glad you guys are on the mend...takes a while to get back to normal doesn't it?

MINDEE...mmm, cupcakes! Was going to make some for dessert tomorrow but didn't get any mix...so not sure what we will have...maybe fix Josh his fav pumpkin pie. Hope the kids have a great Halloween!

SASSY...yeah, I guess it's about the same with friendship...I've ended some because I just tired of doing all the work, guess I just think when it comes to the parents it's a little different, for me anyway. I just would feel so guilty if something were to happen and I was mad at them, but then too they live 8 hours away so I don't see them as often as I would like. Anyway...maybe one day your mom will realize what she is doing and change. Hope you guys have fun trick or treating! What is your friend's child gonna be? Oh, and I hear ya about lay off's...DH is so worried about his job, they just had more this past Thursday and he is afraid he will be on the next list to go. They keep laying off thought this company is going to be a ghost company.

KATY...hope you have a nice visit with your grandma. And a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Leigh!

KATHY...hoping all is well with you and your family!

AJ...hoping all is well with you too!

SUE...any word on your mom? Hope you are able to get some rest.

Well, ladies, I think I am going to go lay down...almost time to take some more medicine...I said head cold but it's more of a sore throat thing so gonna see if I can sleep it off and feel better when I wake.

Have a GREAT weekend!
  • Mom is better today and resting. I came home to clean house and do laundry. Got everything done and will go back to the hospital for her dinner time. Now we just wait for the Drs. to get their acts together and do the procedure she needs.
    Meanwhile I am clearing out my e-mail and watering my "farm" flowers..all that real important stuff. (Prior to napping I believe.)

Just wanted to poke my head in here and say "hi" and add the Makeover pics. if I can.

• Sue--hugs to your Mom!! Mom has a spot of infection on her neck, but they don't think it's anything to worry about--will be watching it closely. The whole Home makeover thing is cool--especially David Cook!!

Sassy--now that Dad doesn't need me any more we are back to the old routine--it was kind of nice hearing from him every day.

Cristina--Dominic is Buzz Lightyear--too adorable--I will post pics later--sorry you aren't feeling well--the creepin' crud we had bit the big one

Mindee--hope your cupcakes were enjoyed!!

well gotta go--the little one is running around on a sugar high...