Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 12:21 PM   #1  
a work in progress...

Thumbs up Royal Fresh Start Express... all aboard!

Happy New Year!

Ahhh.... nothing like a the new year to fill a queen with hope and inspiration! Time to review what we did last year, see what worked, what didn't... and use that information to construct a fabulous new year for ourselves!

365 empty calendar pages lay out there before us, each day a clean slate... Why not take each precious day and treat it as though it is New Year's Day? Make every day a Fresh Start and you can never really stray too far from the wagon!

With that in mind, step right up, get your ticket stamped, and declare your intentions for the day, or the year! What do you hope to accomplish in 2009? What will you do to make your life better? What will you do for yourself, each day, to achieve the wellness and and happiness that you seek and deserve? The possibilities are endless...
Old 01-01-2009, 01:13 PM   #2  
a work in progress...

All righty then...In keeping with my new philosopy of, "Every day is the first day..." here are my resolutions for each day:

1. Make exercise a priority, I will do SOMETHING every day and track it. Revel in how good I feel each time I do.
2. Follow WW faithfully. Track every morsel eaten, always evaluating how I can 'make it better.'
3. Seek out that which makes me happy every day... and don't be afraid to put myself first if the situation calls for it.
4. Be comfortable with who I am, at every stage of this journey. My self-worth will not be determined by a number on the scale.

Who's next?

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-01-2009 at 01:23 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 03:30 PM   #3  
wsw

kat-thanks for starting this thread! it is such a reassuring notion that every day is a fresh start, and i loved being reminded of that.

i am jumping aboard the fresh start express---here is my ticket.

arabella, kaylets, janga, kat, anagram, andria, ceara, wildfire, and all who dwelleth within the palace walls, happy new year's day, and 2009!!!

i had a bad dream last night, but at the end of it, my best friend appeared, and said "i'll find you; i'll always find you." then i woke up with a smile on my face. even though it started out as a nightmare, the ending was so reassuring. it was kind of like that reassurance that each day is a fresh start. another one of my closest friends called this morning to wish me a happy new year, which made me smile again.

alright, so on to my goals for this new year:
-i will continue plugging away at my food and exercise program no matter what.
-i will work on improving my self-esteem.
-i will be more assertive.
-i will continue with daily meditation.
- i will come up with a list of some things i want to do, and do them, which will include remembering to have some fun each day.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #4  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Smile Fresh Start 2009!

Quite the winter wonderland we've got happening out there. I did my blizzard walk yesterday, wading through deep drifts. Today I shovelled for an hour and then walked another hour. I could just feel those calories a-burnin'

Around the harbour this morning was amazing, all pristine snow on evergreens to one side and shimmery sunlight on the water on the other. It really looked beautiful, and like a good omen for the year.

I'm pretty OP here, as of yesterday, but still resisting tracking... which probably means that I think my points would be over. But if so, not by much. I'm going to give myself until Sunday before I have to start tracking, ease into it. I'm not overeating and I'm not eating anything I shouldn't, though, in any case.

Kat, I'll be in Sunday to post my challenges in detail but I've got one all-encompassing one: I'm going to look after myself this year. Just like you, I'm going to have to step up and put myself first from time to time. This freakin' season just ran me ragged and I was beside myself half the time. And you know where that leads.

Thanks for posting the new thread!

WSW, what a lovely end to a bad dream. I had one the other night that I was in some kind of trouble -- had to make some kind of decision about DH and there was no good decision to make. I made up my mind and thought, well, that was a tough call. Woke up and thought, "oh, it's not true. That's good."

Hope all s be enjoying this fresh, new year!
Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 PM   #5  
Empress/Queen

Thank ye for starting the new thread, Kat! T'is great to be in the Palace, 2009 Version! Huzzah and greetin's to those who have posted this year so far and those who have not yet trooped in from 2008! Woo hoo!

My resolution for the new year is very simple, I will be taking my fitness to a new level. I want to be very fit and strong and I will implement that by doing more or less what I've been doing, except more of it and inserting some more variety and adventures.

My sub goals as regards life in general are to grow hair again and dye it blonde (the blonde will happen soon), paying my bills on time, eating a moderate calorie low glycemic diet and controlling my weight, having a more positive outlook, keep the house cleaner, buy a new air conditioner for the kitchen (soon as I live in Arizona lol and I have at best a month or so left), post on 3FC more and my other haunts online as well but not before productive work is done, try to stay employed as I am but if the industry worsens and things take a bad turn I shall do a new career search and remain unperturbed, fix plumbing in house again, raise my little fur balls, think about WALKING a half marathon as running one isn't in the cards this year.

'Bout covers the resolution and sub goals.

Film at 11.

Wsw, I had a strange dream about old friends on the night before New Year's Eve also, must be the season.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #6  

Thumbs up Okey-doke. Ready!

I didn't overeat yesterday but had some treats that I wouldn't have had and my points would have been over, for sure. Too much wine at dinner with our friends and tiramisu for dessert. I had a tiny but exquisite mince tart at neighbourhood party in the afternoon.

K, 'tis mid-aft now and I haven't tracked but have been OP and got lots of exercise. Got the tree down and out, did some other chores. Now I'm doing a reprise of turkey dinner and ... there's the day.

Fighting a cold here, doing the zinc lozenge thing. Hope it works.

Fresh start Monday coming up!
Old 01-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #7  
wsw

kat-i just love your "Every day is the first day..." motto. i can't tell you how reassuring it feels to hear this. there really is so much hope in a brand new year, isn't there?!

arabella-when you described the snow scene so beautifully, it reminded me of how beautiful minnesota snow scenes were (well, not including the brutal temps, though.)

janga-reading over your resolutions inspired me to refine my list a bit more, which i am working on. just so nice to see you back in the palace again more regularly.

---and a grand hello to ceara, kaylets, wildfire, anagram, and andria!

lost a pound (221.) have been remaining op, and keeping up with exercise plan pretty well. every ounce continues to be a fight to the finish, but i am in this to win!

yesterday afternoon, some friends, a couple, came over to visit me. she is pregnant. they had videotaped their doc visit from the previous day, which showed a sonogram of their baby. they just found out yesterday it's a girl, and they are very excited. it was so cool to see the video on my t.v. modern technology is pretty amazing. being able to see the baby moving around was pretty miraculous also. wow! talk about breaking in to a smile. i got teary when i heard the little heartbeat. they are a really sweet young couple and will make great parents.

i also got a call from someone i hadn't heard from in a long time, and it was a nice phone visit. it seems as though a new year really brings out the need for connection, or re-connection. i guess it is because of the hope that a new year brings. anyway, i'm going with that mushy notion. well, i hope everyone has a good remainder of their weekend. take care, dear royals. thinking of you all, fondly.
Old 01-04-2009, 03:21 PM   #8  
a work in progress...

Hey all... I'm on my way out to work... just for 4 hours, so's I can leave early tomorrow. Mom's having surgery, so I'll be heading down that way as soon as I can. Sounds like everyone is heading in the right direction re: fresh starts! Hoping to hear from a few missing s soon...

We are in post-Christmas flux here. I got the kids to undress the tree and take it out to the curb. Son and friend took my outside lights down and put them away. (there was a small exchange of $$$ for that...well worth it) I have neat piles of things to be boxed up and put away, but I'm off to work. It'll get done when it gets done. No stressing, therefore, no need for stress eating! Oh! And! I threw out every sweet treat that co-workers give when they don't know what to give but feel they need to give something: Almond Roca, chocolate covered peppermint sticks, chocolate covered macadamia nuts (well, not until I had quite a few more than I should have!) cappucino trifles... ALL IN THE TRASH! Very liberating to realize that that is an option! Wasteful? Yes. But I know I can't have that in the house and nobody else here feels that siren song that I do when there is chocolate around! So, victory is mine! Feels good to be in control!

Whoa, look at the time, gotta run! See you all later in the week...

Last edited by katrinabgood; 01-04-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:54 PM   #9  
Empress/Queen

Best wishes to your mom, Kat, for the surgery!

Arabella and Wsw, huzzah, sounds like we are all movin' along in the great new year that's here (that rhymes, as creative as I get these days).

Sorry this is such a fly-bye 'n a me-me postie, I'm still fighting a sinus infection and the day-before-deadline-in-Happy-Blue-Lagoon (work) blues and still grateful, though, that I am STILL employed as things aren't lookin' all that great in that respect but we soldier on.

No pound loss today but am happy enough with the Maintenance Angel who came to my Ceremony o' the Golden Scale o' Dietary Justice.

I am waiting to go blonde until I hit a certain number, though.

My little dog wants to come in out o' the Arizona rain, so later, queens.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #10  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 347/274/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm quite excited about the fresh start philosophy. I'm a returner to 3FC, and I love this website. It's nice to hear from all of you wonderful people out there, who I can relate to, and who can relate to ME! For 2009, I really just want to get back on the exercise wagon and eating healthy. I've already started the eating healthy piece, but am a little frustrated, since I have had a WICKED cold since Christmas day. The whole not being able to breathe thing has thwarted me a little, but I've still been trying to putter around the house, so as not to be totally sedentary. I am very ready though, and I feel like my head is in the game, so I just need to make sure I'm staying connected. Happy 2009, everyone!
Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #11  
wsw

kat-hope your mom's surgery goes/went well!

janga-hope sinus infection is gone a.s.a.p! and that your deadline will be met without too much wear and tear on you.

anewlife4me-welcome!

arabella-hope you were able to fight off that cold.

stayed op today, but didn't get all my exercising in. close, though, at least. 220 today. very stressful day, and for first time in a verrrry long time, had to "make myself" eat dinner. well, once i began the meal, i was able to eat just fine. had to laugh at myself about that, because believe me, the times i haven't been hungry at meal time are wildly rare. did get a lot done on some irksome paperwork i had been putting off, so pleased about that. still more to wade through, but going in the right direction. well, had a very long day, and have another one coming up tomorrow, so need to get to bed soon. take care, all.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:27 AM   #12  

Smile

Well, I've got the cold big time but it's one of those ones where I kind-of feel okay despite having awful symptoms. I'm not totally drained and am in good spirits. Yesterday I felt like heck but I often find that's the way, once symptoms really break through I don't feel so bad.

Also despite ruining the fresh start of the year with an ugly binge yesterday. But I'm back and ready to do well today. Going to remember to look after myself, which, if I'd done yesterday, probably would have kept me on the wagon. But, hey -- fresh start today!

I'm only going to eat when I'm hungry.
Only seated at table when alone.
I'm going to putter at the house -- and at work
No sugar, no wheat.
Track food.
Get 10,000 steps and do a little yoga.
LOOK AFTER MYSELF

Janga, hope you beat the sinus infection. I've had a lot of success with a home-made nasal rinse using xylitol. (1 rounded t. xylitol in a pint of saline. A drop of oil of oreganol and/or eucalyptus if you'd like.) I love xylitol as a sugar substitute, too. Tastes exactly like sugar, except cleaner.

WSW You're making great progress the last few months. I'm going to emulate!

Newlife4me, welcome to the thread! We'll make it.

K, Wimmins, I'm going to gird loins and get out for my walk. Looks beautifully out there but I know it's Let's make it a good one!

Last edited by Arabella; 01-06-2009 at 07:29 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:05 AM   #13  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

A fresh start every day! Love it! Of course the trick is to remember not to blow it at the end of everyday for me !!! That being said, today is the fresh start to the following....3rd day no wine and 8 waters, 2nd day no sugar in the form of candy, and hopefully 2nd day of going for a walk. It is a bit slickish out there and I have to get ready to meet daughter at 9. Must be going!

Welcome to ANewLife4Me! Hope to get to know you better....

Thanks to Kat for opening the Winter Palace.....I'll be back! to all!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:51 PM   #14  
a work in progress...

Hello there, Fresh Starters! Wow, this has been a busy week and it's only half over... I hear ya, ceara, on not blowing it at the end of the day! I am perfect all day long... til I (finally) get home... and then? Gotta work on that! I realize that with many things to do and places to be, I sometimes tend to let myself get too hungry, and when I do get home, it sure is easy to go overboard. Even if I'm eating "good food," I find myself eating TOO MUCH. Could explain why I stayed the same this week at weigh-in. No matter. I did NOT gain... and that is a GOOD THING.

I must say, I am aware of what I'm doing, and even in the midst of overeating, I am still choosing better than I might have in the past. All part of the process, I suppose. I'm not beating myself up over it either. Next week will show a better number, I'm sure.

Welcome, anewlife4me! Always good to see a new face in the Palace! Tell us more about yourself!

Sorry to hear there are sick lassies about... I'm hoping you're all feeling better ASAP!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Mom! She's in a lot of pain, but decided the itch from the Morphine was worse than the pain, so she stopped taking it... uh, I KNOW I'd rather deal with itch than pain, but to each his/her own! Tomorrow, she's being transferred to a rehab facility, now the REAL work begins!

My Christmas piles are STILL piled up, so I think I'm going to tackle some now. Didn't I say I wasn't going to stress about them? Okay, I take it back. I'm starting to stress. Apparently the other inhabitants of this house have no problem with navigating between boxes and piles and have nicely left them for me to deal with! I've been either to class or working late this week, so there it all sits. Eh, it's better if I do it anyway, then I know where things went when it's time to pull it all out again next year! Definitely gonna streamline though!

Well... it's not getting done with me sitting here, so I'll say 'nighty-night' to all! Here's to another fresh start in the A.M.!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:52 PM   #15  
a work in progress...

Hello there, Fresh Starters! Wow, this has been a busy week and it's only half over... I hear ya, ceara, on not blowing it at the end of the day! I am perfect all day long... til I (finally) get home... and then? Gotta work on that! I realize that with many things to do and places to be, I sometimes tend to let myself get too hungry, and when I do get home, it sure is easy to go overboard. Even if I'm eating "good food," I find myself eating TOO MUCH. Could explain why I stayed the same this week at weigh-in. No matter. I did NOT gain... and that is a GOOD THING.

I must say, I am aware of what I'm doing, and even in the midst of overeating, I am still choosing better than I might have in the past. All part of the process, I suppose. I'm not beating myself up over it either. Next week will show a better number, I'm sure.

Welcome, anewlife4me! Always good to see a new face in the Palace! Tell us more about yourself!

Sorry to hear there are sick lassies about... I'm hoping you're all feeling better ASAP!

Thanks for all the well wishes for Mom! She's in a lot of pain, but decided the itch from the Morphine was worse than the pain, so she stopped taking it... uh, I KNOW I'd rather deal with itch than pain, but to each his/her own! Tomorrow, she's being transferred to a rehab facility, now the REAL work begins!

My Christmas piles are STILL piled up, so I think I'm going to tackle some now. Didn't I say I wasn't going to stress about them? Okay, I take it back. I'm starting to stress. Apparently the other inhabitants of this house have no problem with navigating between boxes and piles and have nicely left them for me to deal with! I've been either to class or working late this week, so there it all sits. Eh, it's better if I do it anyway, then I know where things went when it's time to pull it all out again next year! Definitely gonna streamline though!

Well... it's not getting done with me sitting here, so I'll say 'nighty-night' to all! Here's to another fresh start in the A.M.!
Closed Thread