HAWT-est Biker Chicks (a.k.a. Chicks on Motorcycles)

You're on Page 2 of 35
Go to
  • Holly, you are such a saint when it comes to working with that woman! I don't know that I would hold my tongue well. I am not sure how much you should ask for in the waitressing thing at the party...... but it maybe a great place for you to pick up a few extra gigs...... and "get yourself out there". It sounds like you have excellent people skills..... and if this lady is an entertainer then her friends are likely to be entertainers as well. The holidays are coming.....this may work out well for you! I will say a lil prayer that it does !

Mandy, it is soooo gut wrenching to see that little girl's story. And, it is awesome of you all to step up and do a poker run for her family.

CC, I love the egg idea! That is funny! Girl, I hope you have a blast in Vegas.

Thanks for the scales encouragment. I have to weigh in at BC on Friday.... so I am hoping to be down by then. We will see.

I have to get busy....... oh, wait..... this is an amusing story. I just saw it on GMA this AM. Did anyone see the story on the chimps? I did not catch where it was, but a chimp died of heart failure (somewhere in captivity). The humans were going to bury her and they looked up at the fenced area and the other chimps had stopped what they were doing. It was just like a funeral. The humans said that it was obvious they were grieving their lost companion. Isn't that touching? Anyway, i thought it was a neat story.
  • Took a walk with DH and DE (That's Dear Eddie, lol) I used ankle weights to add oomph because we don't seem to walk that fast (for me) and I wanted it to count. Didn't break a sweat but I thought it was important to participate with DH on his now daily walk (yay!)

Tammy, I hadn't even thought of one gig turning into others - you are a great thinker!

that is sad about the chimps. I'm sure they were grieving.

Gonna get ready to make the trek to Goodwill (it really does seem like a trek, 100 miles round trip ) So going to look for simple tops for work; a pair or two of black slacks to rotate for work instead of jeans; more jeans if possible;& a winter coat (I'd like a classic pea coat, in black; and something like a ski jacket for when it's actively snowing)

I should really do a more intensive workout later today, maybe I will

changed my ticker because I weighed at 153 this morning. TOM maybe contributing, maybe the bites/licks/nibbles lately.
  • here is a FUNNY pic from Chillicothe rally, I had bought at a thrift shop a rather large bra, I forget the size, something like a 44 G?? and drew some logos on it, and brought it. You can see the cups were big enough for a head each to fit! (I had a white tank top on)

• Holly,
    The owner of the boot camp says on average ankle weights add 160 calories burned to every 1/2 hour of moderate use.... maybe that will help with the walk.

Have fun at the Goodwill. Hope you hit a lucky streak there.

Btw, WOW..... you are tiny and look at those arms! Girllllllll you got it going on!
  • Hey, thanks for the info on the ankle weights, Tammy! so I at least burned 160 calories with that walk. And I did 30 Day Shred this afternoon. and thank you for the comp! I have underarm fat but you can't see it there too much in that pic but I did love wearing those camo pants.

and I had good luck @ Goodwill! I tried on SO many pair of black slacks, but finally lucked out with a pair of Old Navy 8 long, they look and feel good. And a white button down shirt, and 4 or 5 long sleeved tops (I layer them with t-shirts) pair of black loafer-type shoes, 3 pair trouser socks (they were new in package) and a nice classic grey coat, like a belted pea coat, and a pair of new reading glasses (purple with polka dots, lol) for under $70. Oh and DH picked out a black t shirt for himself.

the black slacks are good to have for anything that's dressier than jeans (and I wanted them for my 'private waitressing' gig, also the shoes and the white blouse) I would have liked to start combing for jeans, but it had already been about 1 1/2 hours and DH was very patient (had been to TWO stores and back)

I felt OK about $pending because I finally got my last paycheck from the summer job (we got paid every 2 weeks) and there was the 10 1/2 hours of overtime, plus the end-of-season bonus which is a week's pay, very nice to have. And DH finally received 3 UI checks all at once. Whew.

And we bought a new vacuum cleaner here in town, oh joy truly, I am happy, because the previous one was maybe 8 or so years old, and had sucked billions and trillions of dog hairs and was not sucking anymore This new Eureka is the same model as our old one but much much improved, it moved much easier and is just better. It was so nice to do my floor exercises on a really clean, freshly vacuumed rug.

have a nice night, chicks
  • Holly, You look awesome in the camo pants! And, I am glad you had a good luck spree at GW. I hope you need the black pants a lot for this gig and more to come.
    with the dog hair. Before we got Jake in December I would not have understood about the billions and trillions of hairs.... now I do! That dog sheds more hair than most people have. But, he is a good dog and he was a good rescue (btw, the animal shelter he was at was shut down last week for many, many counts of animal cruelty). My DH is patient when I shop.... but DS are not!

Well, our CC should be almost ready to head to Vegas. I sure hope she has a safe and fun trip.

Mandy, how are things with your daughter? How are things with that girl-- do they have anyone in custody yet?

I am not going to go into all the details, but I am having teen problems again. Basically, he just does not want to follow the tiny rules I set for him (like come straight home after school, empty the garbage), etc. He picks the worst kids (or they have felons for parents) to hang out with...... I am such a loss. He is truly not a bad kid...... but he is being bullheaded.....
    Today is his doctor's appt over his arm. I am hoping that maybe I can talk to him one on one. He is struggling over being the stepson of a cop...... Which does not make my life easy!
  • good morning, and Tammy I'm sorry to hear of the strife with DS ... good luck with the doctor's appt and I hope he opens up to talk and listens to you.

We had to kill a skunk this morning he was in our garbage and had gotten his head stuck in a peanut butter jar! ( I posted about it in General Chatter with 'Please put lids back on empty jars!') and he was suffering but no way would either of us get close enough to pry the lid off..I am sad because he died because of humans.

I hope CChick has not gotten the snow I saw on the country's weather map! and right, she must be almost all ready. Hope she soaks up lots of sun and warmth!

Hello Mandy

Haven't worked out yet, will check back in after I do. Have a nice morning
  • I did something new, a Cathe dvd routine I've never done, and with good reason it was kickboxing cardio, man . I could only do half of it, but that was a good 30 minutes. Then I chose her Abs Only dvd and did a 13 or so minute Abs routine.
  • Hey girlies sorry I have not check in but been extremely busy with getting all stores good to go before I leave and then tonight we went out for wing and beer ok it is taking me a bit to write because I am having to retype to many beers if you get my drift

Holly I wish I could get deals like that at our Goodwill but usually not that lucky

Tammy sorry to hear about DS issues same goes here if you need to talk please PM me and I will be more than glad to send you my cell # to talk teenagers not sure where the heck they are coming from these days

Holly no snow yet but it is suppose to be coming but we will be on plane tomorrow and not coming back till Monday so you won't hear from me till probably Monday night- then off on Tuesday as we are opening a new store Nov 5th so we are going to be really busy next week when I get back

As for pets we did have some outside dogs and yes I say dogs because we never really had them long enough to be part of family because I always felt bad that they were outside dogs so ended up giving them to a more loving family that would make them part of their family- not saying we didn't love them and didn't take care of them but we just didn't have alot of time to put out there for them and seen that so found a more fit home - sorry if I am sounding cold here but I think at least we figured that out early on

WOW about the chimp story but you know they were grieving just the same as well do I am sure

Ok well we are taking off tomorrow morning I will try to log in before leaving but not sure I will have time but believe me if I do I sure will-

Have a Great Super Weekend talk to you next week- Again Tammy call anytime if needed
  • SAFE and FUN trip to you, CChick!
  • did 30 Day Shred, level 3. I'm getting tired of all of my vids and dvd's, then thought - which one DON'T I want to do, because it's so hard? that would be 30 Day Shred, a Cathe one, and the Gilad Hips Thighs Buns one. The 30 Day Shred is the quickest, so that's what I did.
  • CC: I hope you have a blast! Be careful.
    I understand and respect what you did for your dogs... most people would be selfish and keep them "outside" and think it is fair..... but you didn't do that. (Not that all outside dogs are bad-- some are meant to be out there). That is awesome.

DS is not going to have surgery for now. But, while I was in the doctor office with him DH got to feeling bad at work, went to the ambulance base and they checked his BP. It was sky high.... so we went to urgent care and they put him on medicine for BP (which he has never had to have before)..... I hope this is his motivator to keep losing weight and exercise. The doctor was a butt....... his message was (not in these words), but you are fat and you have high BP, take this pill-- see your regular doctor. I mean, it is true..... but do you have to be such a butt?

Holly, WTG on all the exercise. I would like to do some cardio kick boxing-- I just haven't yet.

I ate chinese yesterday (before the stuff with DH). I am paying for it today... I am bloated and I struggled through bootcamp this AM.

Mandy, hope you are doing well.

I have to get to work..... We are only here til noon today! Woo Hoo!
  • Morning ladies. Hubby is off work today and we are going to help some friends move. Things are getting kinda stressful here, my husband just found out he is getting stationed in San Diego, Ca for the next 3yrs. We have decided that the kids I will stay here in Jacksonville Fl. Unless God preforms some miracle, he leaves in March or April. I'm just dealing with a lot of emotions right now.
  • Mandy,

I am sooo sorry he is being re-stationed. I will keep you in my prayers! Maybe God will perform a miracle.

You will be dealing with the move about the time my son leaves for Kosovo. I guess we will be an emotional mess together.
  • good morning chicks

Mandy, oh gosh...I am sorry to hear about DH being stationed across the country!

Tammy, good vibes to your DH...I hope he can get on the path you are to control his BP, and yeah that doctor was a butt! too bad someone in that position doesn't have some tact and compassion and a few social skills along with a medical degree.

CChick is probably tearing up Vegas have fun, girl!

Happy Halloween I have to work, then right after, go to the Town Hall to help with the kids' party. I will just be a regular cowgirl/lady. Then afterwards, if I still have energy (like at 8:00 pm, oh geez I;m getting old ) we will dress up to go out on the town.

I had major bad eating yesterday. Just felt like I needed to confess to you girls