Old 10-09-2009, 10:20 AM   #91  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

OMG!!! I AM DOING THE HAPPY DANCE TODAY!!!
I WENT DOWN TO HELP JOHN OUT LIKE I SAID AND FOUND OUT MONDAY IS COLUMBUS DAY!! YAY!!!
I AM SOOOOO HAPPY!!! THE BOSS IS ON VACATION AND 3 DAYS OF NO OFFICE CALLS!!
THIS IS GONNA BE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:21 AM   #92  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Staff meeting is over early...YEAH!! Was very uneventful too. Thank you Jesus.

SHAD...hope your tomatos are as successful as mine were this year. I still have a bunch of green ones on the vine the size of tennis balls. I may pick them this weekend as it is supposed to frost and drop under freezing at night this week.

MEL...Robberies are up. Yuck. I saw on the news this morning that last night there was a shooting in my mom's neighborhood, killed some guy. The driver/shooter was in a black 150 Pick up truck. That is the hood I grew up in, hope it isn't anyone I know. THey have not released the name as yet.

Patty...God love you. We need to get you all feeling better and healthy. Enough is enough worldlie sister.

Happy...the hair color sounds beautious! I bet you are one HOT WOrldlie momma. Too sexy for her shorts...

Ceejay...Yeppers, the small group director is buying ZA for the entire office. It is from Donatos. One of my favorite pizza joints that delivers. He bought 158 bucks of pizza. I probably shouldn't eat it as my weight has sucked this week. Back to 157. YIKES

Laura...keep the good groove going..maybe you will rub off on me.

Hey to all

Love and Hugs
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:24 AM   #93  
Annie - Indiana

MEL....Happy dancing with you for exercise and cheers to you with Margarita in hand. Gulp Gulp..
Old 10-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #94  
Annie - Indiana

CHELLE...hope you are enjoying your day off with hubby and doggies.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #95  
Annie - Indiana

Had a bathroom incident, am now going commando the remainder of the day. D*mn.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:36 PM   #96  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Mel.............(said to the tune of Stellllll-aaaaaaaaa). How did I miss you this morning????? Catching up, grabbing the back of your chair and wheeling you around in your happy dance. May you have a quiet weekend sister.

Annie - stop giggling to yourself thinking about sitting there commando
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 02:01 PM   #97  

Hey everyone! Happy Friday!

Mel – Thanks for the Happy Dance! Enjoy the weekend – hope it's good and quiet for you.

Ceejay – My mother is out in your and your family's general area and they've certainly gotten a lot of rain this year. Don't need more, that's for sure. Drive safely!

Annie – Pizza, yum! :jeno Stick with the veggie za!! Congrats on your successful crop of tomaters. My better boy and plum tomatoes didn't flourish this year, but the cherry tomatoes did fine. I need to harvest the rest of the basil before the frost!

Happy – Hope you were able to beat the rain to work today. The haircolor sounds divine. Sounds like your hairdresser is like mine –very talented with mixing the colors. Mine does a great job with mine, but I'm too chicken to do anything too far afield from my natural color. Speaking of color – I've got my hair appt tomorrow morning.

Patty – Sorry you still have a cough hanging around, and allergies to boot. Feel better soon!

Shad – The grouting is endless!! Talk nice to those tomatoes!

Nothing much to report. I felt like I was running to the bathroom all day yesterday because I was. No thanks to the two mugs of tea in the AM (usually only drink one) and the giant diet pepsi at lunch (was trying to compensate for a wee size lunch), on top of the fact that all the water I'd been retaining during TOM decided to leave. But the scale was nice this morning, a day late for the challenge, but that's okay – just hope to hang in my groove and have a stellar Thursday next week.

This weekend is a hair appointment and a bonfire we do annually with friends, otherwise plenty of housework to do in prep for bf's mom coming to dogsit for us next week.

Have a good weekend everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM   #98  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Well weight is down again this morning. Don't know whether it went up because of the lack of calories going in while the mouth was so sore, or whether it went up because of all the adrenaline - fight or flight - syndrome which was racing through the body with the anaesthetic injections. I know my heart rate was racing and I had a definite attack of the trembles after he had done the injections and I had such a lot of injections to numb the mouth. Anyway, life is more or less back to normal. Yee haa.

Patty - sorry to hear you are still not the best. Hope that cough leaves soon.

Mel - yes I am feeling a lot better now. Almost back to normal - whatever normal might happen to be
Nice that Richie made you all a meal. Sounds delicious too. That boss of his is a bit of an idiot. Surely someone in the office could have signed since he is out of the country. Do they ever learn. Don't answer that. Sad to hear that the burglaries are up in your town. The veneer of civilisation is very thin in your world. Remember the scumbags in New Orleans after Katrina. Speaking of which, I saw a Mike Holmes program last week where he went to NO to build a house for an old lady who had taken over the care of her grandkids. This was in 2008 when the program was made. I was totally disgusted that after 3 years, people were still not back in their homes or unable to get someone to build them one. I can't believe that. Nearly all the good folk of Kingslake, Yea, and Maryville are living back in their villages only 6 months after those dreadful fires we had earlier this year. Some are in temporary accommodation provided by the Federal and State governments, but many have rebuilt and are permanently housed. What's wrong with the State of Louisiana that this can be allowed to continue for so long???? Is the 'tourist' or 'business' area still dead and gone - didn't think so! Is the rich suburbs still tumbledown or cleared land - didn't think so. So are we just looking at the poor and downtrodden AGAIN. Yep that's what a thought. What a caring lot! Sorry. Before I get into trouble with people, I'll stop my rant.

Happy - the hair do sounds nice. I think you would suit that red shade. On me it would look horrendous, but you have a paler skin tone than me. Glad to hear plan B is in place for you. I'm thinking that I might go and do some study if this work drought continues for much longer, and I might have to go down to Centrelink and sign on for some assistance for study or whatever. Don't want to do it. But there you go.

Ceejay - I can never make head nor tail of those ultrasounds. However I guess that experience makes them easier to read.

Annie - commando in the office Enjoy the pizza, but not too much now mind. $158 worth of pizza.

Laura - hope the dunny running is helping to move the weight. Do wish we could have some of the rain you guys are getting. Still they promise 3 drips and some wind tonight and storms tomorrow. Yeah right. I wait with bated breath.

Okay - time to go make a noise. The motor racing from Bathurst is on today and the DS2 wants to watch, which means that I need to be quiet (even though the telly makes a heck of a noise) while these silly people drive themselves around the mountain track and crash their expensive cars and then blame everyone except themselves for the trouble they caused and the damage they did. Enough - off the I'm off to talk to the tomatos and drown in them some horse poo that DS2 bought home last week. I just hope it is old enough to be thoroughly composted since horses only have one stomach and seeds pass straight through. Last time I put fresh horse poo on the garden I got a great crop of oats. Lucky me.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 07:56 AM   #99  
Happy September

YESTERDAY'S COUNT BY 8PM WAS 5 FALSE MEDICAL ALARMS, ONE BROKEN MEDICAL ALARM AND A SMOKE ALARM. NO ONE WENT TO THE HOSPITAL (THANK GOD)AND I HAD THEM PUT THE BROKEN ONE ON TEST UNTIL TUESDAY. I TOLD SOME TENANTS THAT THEY USED UP THEIR QUOTA FOR THE ENTIRE WEEKEND IN ONE NIGHT! THEY WERE CRACKING UP. THIS MORNING I GOT DRESSED EARLIER THAN USUAL JUST INCASE THAT WAS THE PRELUDE TO THE WEEKEND! I AM TAKING NO CHANCES.
AS FOR RICHIE AND HIS BOSS: WHEN THE NYC UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE CALLED HIS BOSS THE GIRL TOLD THEM THAT HE WAS GONE SO THERE WAS NO WAY TO COVER IT UP. BUT I THINK HIS BOSS DID IT ON PURPOSE AND HAD ANYONE DARED TO SIGN FOR HIM I BET HE WOULD HAVE PRESSED CHARGES. THIS IS NO DOLT...HE'S CUNNING AND SHREWD. THE ONLY GOOD THING IS THAT RICHIE AND THE GANG GET THE EXTRA 2 WEEKS AT THE END. THEY DON'T LOSE THE "TIME" ...JUST THE PAY. TOLD THEM THEY GOTTA LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE. AND THANK GOD I HAD MY WHEELCHAIR FUND. THE REPAIR SHOP IS STILL TRYING TO GET ME SOME FUNDING WHILE I SAVE FOR THE OLD CHAIR. EVEN WITH THE CUT BACKS IN THE GOVT, I STILL FEEL BLESSED THIS YEAR. WE'VE BEEN VERY HEALTHY, MONEY KEPT COMING IN WHEN WE NEEDED IT, WE'RE NOT OUT ON THE STREETS LIKE SOME WHEN THEY LOST THEIR HOUSES AND JOBS. WE ARE CERTAINLY NOT STARVING AND WE'RE STILL ALL TOGETHER HERE EVEN WITH RICHIE'S FAMILY DRAMA. I CONSIDER ALL THIS TO BE GOOD THINGS
LOOKING FORWARD TO SOME MOVIE TIME THIS WEEKEND AND REST THE EYES A BIT.
HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND AND DO SOMETHING NICE FOR YOURSELF

HAPPY~ I CRIED ALL DAY CAUSE YOU LOST ME SO GLAD YOU FOUND ME! WHEN I READ YOUR POST...I WAS GONNA ASK WHAT AM I, CHOPPED CHICKEN LIVER?
THE FALL COLORS SHOULD BE OUT ANY DAY NOW IF THE TREES HERE HAVE ANY LEAVES LEFT AFTER ALL THIS WIND AND RAIN. WHEN YOU GO ON THE TRIP, HOPE YOU GET TO SEE SOME GLORIOUS COLOR! SPEAKING OF WHICH...THE HAIR COLOR SOUNDS GORGEOUS. ENJOY FEELING GOOD AND LOOKING EVEN BETTER!

JEANETTE...GLAD EVERYONE IS SO HAPPY WITH THE ULTRASOUND. VERY EXCITING FOR SURE. RAIN AND MORE RAIN HERE TOO. WE'LL ALL BE UNDER WATER SOON

ANNIE~ I AM ROLLING ON THE FLOOR OVER HERE WITH THE COMMANDO!! SOMETIMES I DO THAT WHEN I AM TOO TIRED TO FIGHT WITH UNDIES AND PANTS IN THE MORNING OMG I AM CRACKING UP HERE! WE MAKE SOME PAIR OF SISTERS
SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE OLD HOOD AND MOM'S LIVING THERE THESE ROBBERIES ARE WITH GUNS NOW AND THEY CAUGHT ONE OF THE 3. PRAYING THEY DON'T DECIDE TO COME TO THE SENIOR BLDG WHERE THEY ARE SO VULNERABLE.

LAURA~ HAIR AND A BONFIRE! SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD WEEKEND TO ME. ENJOY THE FRIEND'S COMPANY. I HAVE ANOTHER FRIEND THAT DOES THAT EACH YEAR. GREAT TRADITION. HAVE FUN.

SHAD~ THE POOR WHITE AND BLACK ARE THE PEOPLE SUFFERING NOW SINCE KATRINA STILL!!! PLACES DOWN SOUTH THAT GOT CONDEMNED ARE GOING TO BE TURNED INTO BLOCKS OF RICH CONDOS...WATCH. THIS MESS IN THE USA IS A DISGRACE WHEN PEOPLE LIKE HOLMES, BRAD PITT, HARRY CONNICK JR ETC HAVE TO GO DOWN THERE AND BEGIN PROGR5AMS OIF THEIR OWN TO HELP MTHESE PEOPLE GET IT TOGETHER. BUT NOT ENOUGH IS BEING DONE. WE CAN HAVE CONCERTS FOR BANGLADESH BUT NOT FOR KATRINA??? GOD...DON'T LET ME GET STARTED!! WAS IT A MOLAR TOOTH TOWARDS THE BACK? THOSE INJECTIONS CAN BE A GREAT SHOCK TO THE BODY...ESPECIALLY AS WE GET OLDER...NOT THAT YOU'RE OLD.,...BUT YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN. IT'S LIKE TRAUMA AND THE BODY REACTS WITH SHAKES AND SWELLING. IT HAPPENED TO ME A FEW YEARS AGO. GLAD YOU ARE FEELING BETTER AND HOPE BACK TO NORMAL SOON KNOW THAT JEN AND I WERE THINKING OF YOU.

Last edited by MELODY525; 10-10-2009 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #100  

Morning Mel.....glad you are going to have a good weekend...... LOng weekend!
Roseblush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 AM   #101  
Happy September

MORNING MISS NAE!! HOPE YOUR WEEKEND WILL BE A GREAT ONE TOO. WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING UP SO EARLY!! SHOULD BE SLEEPING IN ON THE WEEKEND !!
Old 10-10-2009, 10:04 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning every one.
I had a nice 8 hours sleep but I'm still not raring to go but I will. Wishing it was next week end. I have a lot of house work yet to do.

Mel
I hear you on the Katrina victims. I'd be afraid to go back myself. Oh my what were the seniors thinking! Are they playing pranks?

Happy
I've done some checking and that morning star was Venus. I want to say that the other one was Saturn or maybe Jupiter but I can't remember all of the article that I read about it.

Nae
You are up early this morning.

Laura
Where is you parents location?

Michelle
Are you enjoying your long week end?

Annie
I've thought about the ideas of using Commando's. I try to keep extra in my locker at work.

I've sat down last night to figure up what I'm to do to finally get this weight off my body. I've been watching fit tv and this has motivated me. I still like to watch the Biggest Loser but the trainers are getting more and more aggressive. I don't like this.

It's still dark and dreary out this morning and looking like rain. I haven't checked the radar today

Last edited by ceejay52; 10-10-2009 at 10:06 AM.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:25 PM   #103  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

An overcast and very cool Saturday here. Mr. Feral showed up in his bed when I locked up at midnight, was still snoozing at 9am. Boo went out for a little bit, came home and is cuddled on her blanket inside too. DH got up early as usual but said he is ready to go back for a nap - it's that kind of day This is our first bout of cool weather - should make the tree colors pop quite nicely. Supposed to rain this week, glad we changed our vacation.

As far as New Orleans goes, it's a highly charged subject down here. Interestingly enough people you think who would be sympathetic are not - they get very adamant (finger wagging and all) about how, 3 years later people are still sitting in government supplied trailers waiting for someone to come and rescue them. Haven't they figured out no one is coming they say - get off your lazy duff and get on with your life. I was quite surprised to see that reaction from a certain group I did not expect it from. We also have many people from the area who moved up here for work long before the hurricane hit. While they love their hometowns, they too are of the opinion that people should be helping themselves. As for me, there are many towns along the Gulf shore that were equally devistated. People rallied without any government help and as Shad said, quietly rebuilt and are up and running again. I was of the opinion that any help the government gave, should be to the very elderly who did not have the means to rip apart and rebuild. Also there is such rampant toxic mold down there that it should probably be declared a biohazard. Wouldn't catch me any where near there, even if you gave the land for free. I wouldn't even live in the French Quarter that didn't get flooded because those mold spores are in the air everywhere.

Shad - I hope some work comes your way soon. It's probably a very good idea to look into some training. Even a change of pace would be nice. Sometimes circumstances give us a nudge to stray from the comfortable path to a different route we might not have otherwise considered. Glad the weight is down - stress - even from a bad tooth can cause bloat. I myself am not into car racing but it is VERY popular in this country.

Mel - I know that Ritchie didn't get cheated and his 2 weeks will get tacked on to the end, BUT better to have it in hand NOW when you need it. You certainly chalked up a busy day at the office. You are most right to count blessings instead of curses. We too easily get dragged down in a funk - not good on so many levels. I am trying to follow your lead too. How often do you replace your chairs?

Annie - that's scary about Mom's area. I think that's very common for our families - mine too - hanging in the house she's been in for 50 years, the neighborhood is sinking, she keeps saying "it's not so bad" - well Mom it is. I think she doesn't talk about it much because she doesn't want to give us fuel for the time to get out of there Mom speech. And we worry so much about them...

Laura - the bonfire sounds wonderful. Perfect time of year for it. Hope you decided to throw caution to the wind and do a little something with your hair color. It's only hair and it will fade / blend over time

Ceejay - I agree with you on Biggest Loser. Watched the first episode this season. Hated HATED the way they screamed at people. I don't find it motivating at all. And the way they are pushing those morbidly obese people from the get go, I think is downright dangerous. No wonder some of them are in the hospital! Thanks NBC TV for helping me not watch another tv show I can assure you that you did not see Saturn and Jupiter out there with Venus. Although Venus most of the year is a morning star, during part it is an evening star but is morning right now. Jupiter is out in the night sky around 8pm right now. 2 weeks ago it was at 5 o'clock to the moon - centered perfectly 2 fingers width from the moon in the lower right side. Moon has moved off and Jupiter will be the brightest star in the night sky right now. Saturn preceeds Jupiter to the right of Jupiter, a much more faint star, but they are perfectly in line with each other. You are probably seeing some other constellation along with Venus. If I ever get the urge to get up in the pre-dawn skies, I will look for you and report back

Michelle - hope you are enjoying the long weekend. Are you out in the boat freezing? I heard you might get snow flurries up your way soon. Brrrrrrrrrr.

I need to get off the computer and get something done here, particularly if I want to take a nap later on. Enjoy your weekend...
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #104  
Choose your hard

We still have a couple of hummingbirds hanging around the house although we think they should be long gone. DH snapped this shot this morning. It looks fuzzy because he is shooting it through the window screen. Just to give you some perspective on how much they plump up, during the summer, this gal (it's a female) would only be as big as just the green part of the feathers. They look like balloons now. Makes you wonder how they can fly and once they hit the Gulf of Mexico, they fly non-stop without rest until they get to the other side. Nature is amazing...

Old 10-10-2009, 11:26 PM   #105  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Afternoon all,
Having a slightly lazy day today. I've cleaned some of the bathroom, and hung out and brought in some washing and now it is raining fairly hard. Good for the garden tho'. The plants will all be looking up and saying 'what dat stuff bro?' I spread some fertiliser around yesterday so they will be having a feast day out there today.

Weight is down again this morning. Thank heavens it is starting to co-operate again or I might have missed out on Annies challenge. As it is, it will be touch and go to get to the goal set.

Mel - life is always so exciting around your way. I don't know how you keep up with them. Another 'generous' boss Don't know where you breed them over there, but it might be time for extermination procedures!
However, as you say, you need to count those blessings and look forward to a better future.
It's more than likely that some of the areas will be classed as unlivable until the next regime gets elected and they think that natural parkland is a waste and then up will go the condos. Developers here are pretty ruthless as well.
I take Happy's point that some of those people will be sitting back and waiting for 'someone' (other than them) to do 'something'. The ubiquitious 'they', however many will have been underinsured, unable to meet new rates, no jobs left etc.etc. When we had 'Black Saturday' here, and the houses got burnt and the farms devastated and the wildlife and pets lost, someone had the bright idea of raising money for the victims. The total got past $26 million since all sorts of businesses and people got behind it. The Red Cross was delegated the task of managing the funds. People had to apply for sums to do whatever. Since we have disasters here on a regular basis, insurance companies which were initially very tardy in paying out on claims have been harassed by public and government into fast turnarounds. They have become very good and not much noise was made about the speed with which they assessed and paid out. However, it took the Red Cross at least 6 months to set up their benefits scheme. It wasn't there to pay for the people who had failed to insure themselves and their properties. It was for those who had insured but that didn't cover all the necessities. Anyway to cut a long story short, the people who applied and got ignored for so long decided to get ratty about it. They marched on parliament, police stations, red cross headquarters, got into the tv shows like Today tonight and A current affair and told it as it was. You should have seen the Red Cross scrambling to dish out the money then. It's bad news, but it seems you have to get on tv to get something done. The politicians and police in Victoria can not afford anymore bad publicity. Things get done. The Red Cross has dished out a lot of dosh now. Some of it went to replace childrens pets and the Wildlife people have been able to relocate some of the local flora and fauna. It's all good.

Nae - hello are you just getting home or just going out?

Happy - it's a little cool here today. Miss puss is trying to get one of us to sit still so she can warm up on a lap. I'm surprised at how big these hummingbirds get. Crikey they are greedy aren't they. Good picture too.

Well the rain is still falling, so it is back to the bathroom again. Need to get the floor clean for the last bit of grout on it. Should have done it years ago!!! It's getting there. DS1 and partner will be here for a week or so at the end of October. I need to get a room ready for them as well. Never ending this work grist mill. Round and round we go. Maybe a short siesta first. It seems that DS2 is having his siesta (along with the cat) in front of the telly.

Aaah well. See you.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote