Old 09-22-2009, 06:29 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I sometimes feel like a "stuck-at-homer," hubby and I are on disability for pain and mobility issues. We don't have kids, just a really crabby, demanding fat, old cat. My husband and I both have good days and bad days because of our health problems (his issues worse and are more consistent while my issues tend to fluctuate more. My really bad days are worse than his, but I have more good days) - and it does seem that our best days rarely coincide. So on a day I feel up to and interested in going out and doing something active - hubby isn't and vice versa. When we do have a day that both of us are feeling good - sometimes we overdo the activity or end up doing something celebratory (and not necessarily diet-friendly).

Without the demands of taking care of children, you'd think weight loss really would be easier, and in some ways it is. It just takes a lot more planning, and a lot more diligence against boredome eating, because the food is always so close.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:34 PM   #17  
Bonnie

S/C/G: 307.5/237.5/160

Quote:
Butterfly, Butterfly, Butterfly!: What can I say to you? I am so happy you are here and your posts are such an encouragement to me. You are one of the strongest people I know, when the fight comes, you fight back! I'm so proud of you!

Ryanne I am so touched. Thank You. This is the only place I can come to that understands what Its like to Gain and then loose and Keep going back and forth. I am not one of my sisters who is a Skinny Minnie and none of them understand what I am going threw. So it is nice that I can come here and not get looked at like Iam crazy or From Outer Space. Like I get from Some of my family. You are Sweet.
Butterfly50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:06 PM   #18  

I stay at home about 80% of the time - do I still count?

When my husband and I moved from Arizona back to Georgia, I ended up staying at home. I wasn't able to find a full time job, but picked up some freelance writing and online esol tutoring that I do from home, as well as a babysitting gig that keeps me out of the house that 20% of the time.

I definitely think staying home has it's own sets of challenges. Even with more time technically than while I worked full time, I feel constantly busy. I think it's the variety of different things that are juggled at once, versus having one main task.
emilydreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:22 PM   #19  
Believe!

S/C/G: 231/201/131

Height: 5'2"

Smile Of course you count!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilydreaming View Post
I stay at home about 80% of the time - do I still count?

When my husband and I moved from Arizona back to Georgia, I ended up staying at home. I wasn't able to find a full time job, but picked up some freelance writing and online esol tutoring that I do from home, as well as a babysitting gig that keeps me out of the house that 20% of the time.

I definitely think staying home has it's own sets of challenges. Even with more time technically than while I worked full time, I feel constantly busy. I think it's the variety of different things that are juggled at once, versus having one main task.
And welcome! Nice to have so many people for this support group. Staying at home definitely has it's own set of challenges, you are absolutely right.
As for the constantly busy, I think that seems to be the feeling that we all have.

And for all the rest of you, welcome! So glad to have you all here!

Last edited by Ryanne; 09-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.
Ryanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:33 AM   #20  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Good Morning Ladies.

Things here are finally quiet after getting the troops out the door with jackets and snacks and lunches and oh yeah, it's blue and orange day at school today--so dressed in the right colors.

I made buckwheat waffles for breakfast. There was enough batter to make myself 1/2 of one so I just finished. Now having coffee. I am also cooking Chicken Vindaloo in the crockpot today. It's an indian recipe. I am looking forward to the smells!

Hope everything is a-okay today and come back to check in. The thread has such great potential!
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:39 AM   #21  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoXMama View Post
Hi everyone! I am also a SAHM! I am 35, happily married, and raising my 6yo ds, and 4yo b/g twins! I am pretty busy, but a typical SAHM... I LOVE staying home to raise my kids and take care of my house and my husband! But I too have "let myself go". Completely. I am at a place in my life now, where I don't truly even remember what it was like to have energy, and to feel healthy. I hope and pray to return to that.
I have been thrilled to find this site, and even more so to find this thread for stay-at-homers!

I was so there too. I had COMPLETELY let myself go in many respects. I have vastly reclaimed my identity the last few months though. As far as feeling healthy--I had forgotten how it felt to get things done and still have energy enough for kids and hubby. I am glad you have found us. We can identify with your feelings and know the path well. Find what works for you--physically and mentally and GO WITH IT! You can do this. We are here to help. (Sounds trite but I don't mean it to be!!!)
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:59 AM   #22  
Believe!

Smile It finally stopped raining!

And what a gorgeous morning for a walk!!! I went while husband was showering to get ready for work and little one was still sleeping. Gosh it was soooo cool out and beautiful!
Husband is off to work and he already fed little one this morning, so little one is laying down with a pillow and blanket watching Diego.
Today is going to be a little different, as husband took off an afternoon sick the other day, and has to work a couple hours here and there today. Work a little, home a little, he has an appt. this afternoon, then home, then back to work, then home, then we have Church tonight and grocery shopping after...then we are home and he actually gets to be home tomorrow! If it is this nice, I hope to get to the zoo.
Anyway, I will be here today so will check in from time to time. I am hoping that we all can stick to our eating and exercise plans today, whatever they may be.
Have a good day, all!
Old 09-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #23  
Believe!

Smile Checking in:

Today life really crept in to change "MY" plans, that is definitely for sure.
I still got out walking first thing this morning, but definitely want to get a walk again tonight, just to destress a little.
I didn't over eat or anything, but have been relying on God. The reasons for me wanting to lose weight are: Health, I want to take care of God's Temple, and I want to be around for my kids and grandkids.
I want a long, healthy and satisfying life.
The 25th of this month, I will be four months into this journey. It seems fast and slow all at the same time. I now know that four months doesn't seem so long when you take it one day at a time, step by step, but it sure can seem long while you are taking the steps. Looking forward looks like a long journey, looking back, not so much. LOL... Just like life, when I was a kid, I thought forty was "OLD"... Now that I am in my forties, Not so much...I don't want to "feel" old, either.
Well, enough rambling about me, just wanted to say that this has definitely been a "different" kind of a day, and I am making it through just fine...thanks to God! Whew.
Old 09-23-2009, 07:44 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

Well today was a challenge day for me.My husband stayed home so we could go for lunch.Yesterday was our 20th Anniversary and with 3 kids getting anytime alone is impossible.So while the 2 older kids were in school my sister took the youngest and we went to lunch.I ordered a salad but I also ordered a huge drink.I never drink so this was a treat.We then came home and treated ourselves to a kid free nap.So no exercise today.

I'm trying to get back on track after a Summer of food and fun.I had lost 17 pounds before then but gained almost all of it back.Now that I am almost 40 it is so hard to take it off.So much slower to than when I was 20 or 30.But this is not about doing it fast.I want to do it the right way and do it for my health.I have high blood pressure and asthma.My family has had very bad luck with their health in the past,Mom died at 57,Dad at 41,Grandmother 49,Cousin 35,Uncle 32,Uncle 50,Uncle 58.So I would like to change that for myself.I don't want to die before it's really my time.I know I am the only one who can change that and I plan on doing it.I just need to find what works and stick with it.Sorry to be rambling on.And thank you guys for being there to help me along my journey.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:23 PM   #25  
Believe!

Smile I'm sorry I wasn't able to get on today:

I have been so extremely busy alllllll day! I did good with eating today and got in a couple of walks, so I'm happy about that. I hope you all are doing well. LuvMy3, I also have similar things in my family and I deal with hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and high triglycerides, and am on medication for anxiety disorder.
I completely understand about wanting to be healthy. I wish you the best. Well, all, I just wanted to pop in and say I didn't forget about you all, I have just had a hectic day.
Take care. I hope to be on tomorrow.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:42 PM   #26  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
So on a day I feel up to and interested in going out and doing something active - hubby isn't and vice versa.
Hi Everyone
My DH and I are "stay at home people". We moved from Alaska in 2005 to be closer to my Mom who just turned 88. DH has a TBI(Traumatic Brain Injury). In Alaska he had his own business (because I was always nearby), but isn't able to have the same opportunity down here.

I do alot of volunteer work, and am on call at all times with my Mom. I'd go out more, but DH isn't so social, so I end up being at home lots. I don't have kids, but keep track of everything with his. I do all the shopping,cooking, bills, taxes, etc. There are lots of things in my life that I have done on my own for years that other couples would "share" responsibility for.

Our leaving our home of 30 years and starting over has been a real challenge and I definitely took it out on myself.
I really enjoy the friendships here. It's made it much easier to stay on track.

Thanks for starting this thread. What is really great is I'm learning more about all of you.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:00 AM   #27  
Believe!

Smile Good to see we have more people joining the thread!

A big warm hello to all the new people.
This morning I got up before the sun did and just couldn't get back to sleep so I went for my walk. It was really chilly, and I was able to watch the day start. What a beautiful experience.
I came home and ate breakfast and I eventually laid back down. My husband is doing errands and even told me "HE" is doing the laundry for me today!!! What a blessing that is!
I am planning to straighten up the house and when he gets home, maybe we can go out and do something, just the two of us. He has to work tonight, and I promised my daughter a mom and daughter evening then I will take her to her dad's and then pick up my husband from work.
Seems like today will be a nice relaxing day, I hope, and I hope all of you do well with your plans, whatever they may be.
I will check in from time to time today, as am planning to have a day of rest today.
Take care all.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:00 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 280/265.2/150

Height: 5'5

Hello all.Yesterday was pretty good for me.I walked my daughter to cheerleading and then walked home.I figured I can try to walk where I need to go to get moving in some way.Since I'm just embarking on this journey I'm not too sure of which way to go with this.I thought maybe WW since I will have to get weighed in regardless of what the scale says.

Lexxiss welcome to you.Having your mom of 88 still with you is a blessing.I'm sure your husband understands your need to be closer to her.

Today I'm feeling a cold coming on so I'm a little run down.Have to put my 5 hours of work in tonight but getting out might be good.Hope everyone enjoys their day.
luvmy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:57 PM   #29  
Believe!

Smile You are doing good.

LuvMy3, you are doing well, ya, if it's not too hot I try to walk. If it's less than a mile and I can carry whatever, then I walk. We have a Walmart Super Center close and it is a convenient walk.
I love to walk. It just feels so good.
Well, I am going out to dinner with daughter and then will take her to her dad's for the weekend. So, I may be on later, I don't know. But if not, have a good night all.
OH, btw....I have eaten within my plan again today.
Old 09-25-2009, 07:12 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I am going to a memorial Service. I am taking cookies, I baked 3 batches of cookies, today.I only ate two, i had to check and see if they were any good.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote