Old 09-25-2009, 07:54 AM   #16  

Good morning to you all! I am keeping my fingers crossed that it isn't going to rain today and we will have sunny weather for once.

CAO: Welcome, but can you explain what your posting line is about? We old ladies get confused easily!

Jean: I don't wear my rings unless I am going out somewhere. When I was young I thought it was some sort of premonition to doomed marriage to take them off, but then I took them off because the prong on the wedding band broke, we had to travel to my mil's funeral and our car caught fire and burned everything to bits, one of which was my wedding set. Here I am almost 37 years later and we are happier than ever so I think we survived the rings being off my finger! My fingers seem to swell now too off and on and I find that my current ring can scratch me while sleeping so I quit wearing them all the time. Unfortunately, my current ring just lost a stone, a large sapphire so I can't wear it until I get it replaced. Bummer!

Susan: Va turns your car inside out for inspection. Our inspection here is emissions, brakes, parking brake, lights, horn and windshield wipers. I was looking yesterday at knitting tshirts sayings and saw some cute quilting ones.
I want to buy a funny tshirt to wear with jeans.

Monday is my birthday and I got some great cologne and hand cream called Endless. It is soooo yummy smelling and I just love it. Jack likes it too, which is a bonus

I guess I better get my day going. I hear that the washer is finished so everything needs transferred to the dryer. Have a grand weekend everyone.
Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:01 AM   #17  

Good Morning, Flowers! We got up to rain this morning, but it looks like the street is drying. It is Homecoming tonight so I hope it doesn't rain. We made the front page of the Sioux City paper today -- not once but twice. The fine arts teachers are trying to raise money to build a new auditorium and one eccentric local is donating over 1000 Spam items to auction off on Sunday. That was the good news; the other news was a 7 month drug investigation netted 20 arrests with more to come.

"Gma" -- May the sunshine find you today! I remember the same superstition about taking your rings off when we got engaged. I hope you can have your missing stone replaced. I do feel "naked" if I go somewhere w/o my watch, rings, and earrings. I have several chains with one pendant but none of the bigger ones that are popular right now. Are you and Jack doing anything special to celebrate your birthday? I have trouble finding a fragrance that stays with me more than a couple hours.

I have to vacuum and dust -- the spiders are making webs faster than I can take them down. At least if the sun isn't shining they don't show as easily. Have a fantastic Friday!

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:01 PM   #18  

Good afternoon, ladies! Rain since last night but we need it.

Passed the state inspection, got my oil changed, a new battery and windshield wipers. Didn't do the detailing because it is raining but I hope to do it next week.

I stopped at Rose's to see if they had any real bargains. Got 4 pair of Lee Rider Jeans with the tummy panel for $6 (regularly $22 at Walmart), 5 shirts for $4 each. I was really happy to find the Lee Jeans because they fit me perfectly every time.

I never heard the superstition about not taking your rings off, or if I did, I'd forgotten it.

Faye, I hope you have a very happy birthday. I have to be very careful of fragrances because they set off my asthma. I have several cute quilting t- and sweat shirts. I'm always on the lookout for more.

Jean, I hope it doesn't rain for homecoming. I seem to be having more spiders than usual. I chase them down!

My blood pressure must be dropping again. For some reason, I'm feeling really dizzy. Guess I better lay down for a bit.

Hi, Maggie!

Have a good evening!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:12 PM   #19  

Susan -- I'm glad your car passed inspection w/o any problems. I like LEE jeans too. Somewhere I found some that has a little stretch to them; haven't been able to find any since. So far no rain in sight, but the clouds are hanging around. I hope laying down helps the dizziness. That's not good!
Old 09-26-2009, 04:54 PM   #20  

My goodness, no one has posted today? I looked to a new thread but didn't see one.

Did laundry, grocery shopping and housework today. I've a big pot of chili on for supper. Made it with ground turkey breast so that lowered the points to 5 if I divide it into 5 servings or 4 if I go for 6.

Jean, I think the Lee jeans you want are what is called relaxed fit. They have just a little stretch, 5% I think. The one's I bought yesterday have 5% stretch.

Faye, hope everything is good with you.

Hi, Maggie!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #21  

Hi Susan! I goofed and posted on #46 -- not sure how I did that! The China luncheon was fun -- lots of different table settings which reminded me of Sandra Lee on the Food Channel. The salads were delicious and the program was on decorating put on by the same gal I heard right after school got out at another shindig. She has added clothes and jewelry to her store which is in a remodeled barn on the edge of town. I've never been in there and should go have a look. Bob just left for the farm and they hope to get a good start before the beans get too tough after dark. We are in a wind advisory for tomorrow so that should prove interesting for them. Chili sounds good except it is almost 80 degrees outside right now. It cools down fast after the sun goes down. I have tried the relaxed fit jeans and they are too big in the butt and legs for me. Mine are straight leg and low waist, with a little stretch but not much; because I'm short waisted they fit just right. I've tried on so many jeans over the years that if I ever find another pair that fits like I like them to, I will buy all the store has!

The mail just came so guess I will go and see what there is besides ads and the local newspapers. Have a nice evening!

Jean -- from Iowa!