Old 09-15-2009, 11:12 AM   #136  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Ok Scooby Doo's........I made it back here at least.

I think my headaches are stress related. Finances and lack of sleep. I wonder if my subconscience mind is stressing about everything and not telling me, therefore I cannot sleep, cause I really am not thinking about anything when I cannot sleep other than the fact I cannot sleep.

I learned how to shut down the photo area last night at CVS. Now they need to write it all down as a procedure cause there is no way I am going to remember all that in this clogged up head.

Well to make matters worse for T. They are stepping up production at his work and starting a third shift 10 pm to 7 am. THey do not have a maintenance supervisor for that shift so he has to go to 3rds. Heck we will never see each other. My two jobs and him on 3rds. Yikes. He may have to work mandatory OT on Saturday and will therefore miss the wedding in St. Louis with me. I am a bit upset about that.

Chelle...wtg on the 12,000 steps, I have to bust my arse to get to 7,000 steps a day. You really poured it on. You can add me to your nephew's sinners list cause I am not planning on getting married anytime soon and danged if I am living without sex. Thanks for the website on stretches, I will check it out here shortly.

Shad...so sorry you didn't get the job. But you know the ole saying, when God closes doors he opens windows or something like that. Reasons for everything. Blah blah blah. Anyway, we all know a better position will come your way.

Happy...way too much work and not enough play for you sista. I those dreaded cursed projects that keep haunting us are miserable.

Laura...the massage chair/pad sounds wonderful, however I have to be home to use it and I am rarely there.

MEL...when you get your flu shot, get it in your hip/arse, it takes better there. Hope the eyes get better for good. That is crazy...

Sad about Patrick Swayze, yes, I heard it at CVS last night. I just loved him and the movie Ghost is one of my favs. He will certainly be missed by me.

Eyelids keep wanting to close, wish I could give into them.

Have a terrific Tuesday all.

Love and hugs,

Think I am going to treat this tortured body and aching head to a grilled chicken ceasar salad from McDonalds today.
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:21 AM   #137  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Annie - With your walking stride, I'll bet that 7,000 steps a day takes you a lot farther than my 12,000 steps! Sorry to hear about your stress-related headaches, and that you're so tired your eyelids want to close. Don't go fallin' asleep at work, okay? Bummer that T's work hours are changing. That sucks. As for my nephew's sinners list...he also believes that according to the Bible people should only have sex for the purpose of procreation. So, with that logic, since DH and I don't want kids...we should never have sex. He's one crazy kid that really has no clue. I'll bet if he talked to the folks at his church...he'd find out they may not have had premarital sex, but I'm sure they have sex more than just for procreation. The boy's just not right.

Last edited by diyana; 09-15-2009 at 11:22 AM.
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:19 PM   #138  
Annie - Indiana

Chelle...My SIL says my brother only had sex for procreation, as it hasn't happened since the kids were born. LOL They have been married for 33 years and their youngest is 27. ba hahaha.

This is blow your mind...my boss just gave me a 100.00 gift certificate for Woodhouse Spa. I have already scheduled a head, neck, shoulder and back massage for this Friday at noon. I am on vacation Thurs & Fri from Humana and work Thur night at CVS and off til Monday night.

Check out the spa place

www.woodhousespas.com
Old 09-15-2009, 01:20 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
You've talked me into getting another pedometer again. As much going up and down the stairs as I do, you'd think I'd be in excellent shape and I have a short stride.

Annie
Absense (sp) makes the heart grow fonder. That will be true with T. How are you holding up working two jobs? I feel for you just take care of yourself.

Happy
Cute story about the little frog.

More later. Time sp[ent on the computer at work comes to an end.

How is ever one doing with their challenge?
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:31 PM   #140  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Too funny about your bro and SIL! How nice of your boss to give you a spa gift cert!! That spa looks wonderful! I'm sure your neck and shoulders must be relaxing at the very thought. Sounds like you have a fabulous weekend planned! Good for you, girlfriend! You more than deserve it!

Ceejay - I'm really glad I have this pedometer. I just got back from my lunch time walk and I've logged about 7200 steps today. A few more trips for water and to the loo, and a walk or gym trip after work, and I'll be all set! As for my weight loss challenge...that's going slower than I'd like. I'm hoping to see some lower numbers on the scale at weigh in this Thursday. How are you doing?
Old 09-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #141  

Just a quick drive by for now. Off to the movies tonight - we're seeing The Time Traveler's Wife, now that we're done reading it and have had our book club discussion.

Off I go!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:40 AM   #142  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Better get on with this instead of procrastinating as I have been doing all day. Feeling somewhat antsy today, don't know why. Just need to get my mojo together and go do something. Since it is too hot to do things outside, inside will be necessary.

Laura - I heard about this movie. I might go and see it myself. Trouble is when I go to the movies, I tend to go to sleep when the lights go out.

Happy - gotta love the determination of the frog. Never ever give up. Sure he is not a cat in disguise (2 of the nine lives down). Hope the project either picks up or gets finished. So tired of hearing about bad projects.

Mel - it seems that when the elevators or escalators decide to go wrong, there is little to do to fix them. It just seems to go on and on and on. Then all of a sudden something goes right. Murphy's law is alive and well in every mechanical gadget I know of.

Michelle - Well done on the stepping. That's a lot of steps. You go girl. As for the wonderful (NOT) nephew, you can't help those that don't want to be helped. Next time he starts his ranting and raving, you might like to tell him that the hate headache will probably disappear when he gets laid. Maybe a quick marriage to someone blind, deaf and oversexed might do something for him. If I was the step-grandmother, there would be no more cheques or pressies until he could show some respect. Okay - off the
Yes I did get the jellyfish in Monterey CA. Carla, who used to be on this thread, took me down through the Big Sur and we went as far as Monterey and it's Aquarium - loved the aquarium. I think Carla go one of the jellyfish too. Mines a sort of sea green/ aquamarine shade and will go quite well I think. We went to Carmel, but I sort of thought it was a bit artificial somehow. Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the village. Just a bit staged.

Annie - so pleased to here about the pamper voucher. You sure do deserve that one. Does your boss know about your moonlighting job. Hope you can find some time around the big T's new job posting. I'm sure you will come up with something novel. How does this work with his family?

Ceejay - I thought I might have a good loss to come up with this week, but I generally to blow it during the weekend and early week. Hopefully there will be a loss. My Thursday is tomorrow - one more sleep.

Okay - I feel a bit more relaxed now. I'd best be off and about my business.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #143  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Laura - I hope you had a great time at the movie. Please tell us how it was...without giving anything away of course.

Shad - I understand the antsy and annoyed feeling. I get that from time to time, especially while on Prednisone, but at other times too. Walking or other form of exercise (even cleaning) helps me to work those feelings out. Yes, I remember Carla. Big Sur and Monterey are beautiful. And you're right...Carmel is a bit staged. A nice village and lovely scenery, but a bit hoity-toity (uppercrust) for my taste. I do miss the California coastline, and my DH and I went to the Monterey aquarium a few times before we moved. The jellyfish picture does sound lovely. I nearly fell out of my chair when you mentioned the cure for my nephew's hate headache! That's a good one! And yes, my nephew will NOT be receiving anything more from his step-grandmother, not until he can show some respect. In fact, he told her not to call him, because he'd hang up on her. She said, you don't have to worry about that because THAT's not going to happen. All this because she's in a relationship with someone who makes her very happy and with whom she enjoys life! My nephew is such a rude, disrespectful, closed minded jackass!

I guess I'm the first one from the States here today...so I'll have to wait and see what's new with all y'all.

Here's to a wonderful day for all of us.

Love and hugs,
Old 09-16-2009, 08:39 AM   #144  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

I'm off to the dentist this morning. I forgot about it so I'm rushing to get ready. Just popped in while I was sucking down a fast coffee.

Will try and get back on at lunch for proper hellos. Till then hold the fort down please.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:47 AM   #145  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

MICHELLE~ SORRY YOU HAVING A TOUGH TIME WITH THE "KID". ONE DAY HE'LL NEED MORE MONEY AND BE FRIENDLY IF HE IS SO MORAL...REMIND HIM THAT "HE WHO IS WOTHOUT SIN SHALL CAST THE FIRST STONE" ....OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT. CONGRATS ON THE CHALLENGE OF THE STEPS AND ALL YOUR STEPPING!!! WAY TO GO GIRL!!

ANNIE~ SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE WEDDING DATE AND THE 3RDS. WHAT A YEAR THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE HOPE YOU GET SOME SLEEP AND REST UP!! THEY DON'T GOIVE BUTT SHOTS HERE ENJOY THE SPA!!!

WAVING HELLO TO JEANETTE WHO RAN OUT OF COMPUTER TIME

LAURA.....HOPE YOU ENJOYED THE BOOK AND THE MOVIE...I'LL EXPECT A REVIEW BY THE END OF THE WEEK

SHAD~ SORRY TO HEAR YOU ARE ANTSY!!! I CAN FIND YOU LOTS TO DO HERE INSIDE WITH THE A/C TO KEEP YOU COOL!!! I JUST FOUND THIS IN MY E-MAIL:
Sunday 4 October 2009.

A celebration of togetherness and abundance, the Mooncake Festival features Asian street food, handicraft, an extensive entertainment program, cooking demonstrations and activities for the kids!

Entry is free! This is one event for the WHOLE family!

Mooncake Festival at Queen Victoria Market

MJAYBE YOU CAN GO THERE AND TELL US ALL ABOUT THE MOON CAKE FESTIVAL. A WOMAN I KNOW FROM ANOTHER WEBSITE IS LIVING IN CHINA. THIS IS ONE FESTIVAL SHE REALLY LIKES....OR MAYBE IT'S JUST THE MOONCAKES!!!

HAPPY~ WE'RE SAVING YOUR SEAT UNTIL YOU RETURN FROM THE DENTIST!!

WELL....BOTH ELEVATORS BROKE DOWN AT THE SAME TIME WITH THE SAME PROBLEMS. TOO LONG A STORY TO TELL..BUT SOMEHOW ONE ELEVATOR CAME TO ME AND I WENT DOWNSTAIRS. LOADED THE SENIORS ON AND SENT THEM UPSTAIRS IN 2 TRIPS. THEN I GOT MY OWN BUTT BACK UPSTAIRS AND WAITED FOR THE REPAIRMAN. THIS GUY WAS NOT ONLY A HUNK...AND I DO MEAN HUMK...BUT HE ALSO LKNEW HIS STUFF WITH THE ELEVATORS. HE FOUND ONE PROBLEM EVEN BEFORE HE GOT STARTED WHILE WE WERE STILL TALKING. THANK GOD THIS GUY WAS ON CALL AND I GAVE HIS BOSS AN EAR FULL OF KUDOS THIS MORNING. ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL LAST NIGHT ENDED ABOUT 10 PM AND I JUST FINISHED DOWNSTAIRS TODAY. LET US HOPE THEY STAY FIXED THIS TIME ROUND.
GONNA GET ME SOMETHING TO EAT AND MAYBE EVEN WARM JAMMIES. IT'S THAT KIND OF COLD DREARY DARK DAY.
HAPPY WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #146  
Annie - Indiana

SHeesh what a day. Can only tell which end is up by the smell. lol

Got the danged headache again today. Throbbing kind. Don't feel much like working.

Laura...let me know if the movie is any good, when I get a spare minute, haha, I might go.

Chelle...I only made it to 5600 steps yesterday. Just wasn't with the program. The nights I work at CVS, I rack up the steps real easy.

Ceejay...Hidee ho

MEL...you are supposed to take pix of hunks and post them here so we can enjoy also. Should of told him you had an elavator problem up in your apartment. haha

Shad...hmmmmm, antsy...probably should just go outside and run around your house a few times.

It is lookin like I need a nap under my desk today. Head aching, eyes tired, Yikes I look scarey too! Probably won't be back on til Monday as I will be on vacation Th-Sun. St. Louis bound and wedding time.

Much love and hugs,
Old 09-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #147  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - I haven't been able to do as much stepping today...but I'm still hoping to get the 10,000 in. What a pain that BOTH elevators broke down at the same time! Good thing they have you to take care of all the seniors! You really should've taken a photo of the hunky repairman. Nice that he was not only eye candy, but knowledgeable too!

Annie - Sorry to hear you're having that kind of day, and have a throbbing headache to boot! Do you have to work tonight? I hope not for your sake. We'll miss you while you're in St. Louis, but wishing you safe travels and hope you have a wonderful long weekend!
Old 09-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #148  

Annie – Ooh, a spa certificate – absolutely what you need right now! How awful about T going to night shift. You're really going to have to work hard to fit your schedules together. Enjoy the wedding this weekend - you deserve some fun and relaxation!

Ceejay – I'm having an awful week with the challenge and expect to be up two pounds. Sigh. I'm disgusted with being so weak-willed and stubborn as far as eating the right things.

Happy – Very cute about the frog. Hope your week is going well.

Mel – good to hear those elevators are always inspected. A newspaper in our town reported that a shortage of inspectors resulted in a backlog of necessary inspections. Scary. I'm thankful to work in a good building where they keep everything in excellent repair. Sounds like with those kudos you're angling to get the same hunky elevator guy back the inevitable next time, LOL! Have the camera ready!

Michelle – Good job with all the steps! I need to dig out my pedometer and get an idea of how many steps I average in a day. Sorry your nephew has such a narrow-mind. He will hopefully discover that those kinds of views will be very isolating for him and become more tolerant. Your poor step-mom.

Patty -

Shad – I totally get the lights out, fall asleep syndrome. But generally not when I'm sitting upright. But as soon as I recline our sofa (one recliner at each end), forget it – I'm out.

The movie Time Traveler's Wife was okay, entertaining enough. Eric Bana is the male lead, but for some reason he doesn't do much for me. Looks okay without his clothes though! I don't think it's giving to much away to say that when the guy time travels, his clothes get left behind and when he arrives at his destination he's buck nekked! In comparisons of a movie and the book, the movie rarely wins. But the movie was okay, although I might have been confused if I hadn't read the book first. It was sad at the end and many of my book club buddies were sniffling at that point.

I'm doing poorly with my goals this week. I did, however, get a call from my health insurance company and I'm now on a lifestyle management program for weight loss and I'll have a "coach" contacting me at regular intervals. Right now my goals are to exercise 3x/week, 30 min. each time. I also need to make my annual gyn & mammo appts. Good goals to start with. Tonight I will either take a dog walk or go to the gym.

Boss is out the rest of the week and I don't have anything urgent at the moment. Nice and quiet, but too easy to slack off a bit. Instead I need to get my desk cleared. I went to colleague's cube today about a software matter and I was amazed at how spacious his cube was. Same size as mine, but not packed with files! Good motivator to see how nice it could be!

Bye for now!

Last edited by Laura705; 09-16-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM   #149  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,

Going to get this posted before I get down to work today. It's another beautiful day down here in the great south-east. Didn't get a lot done yesterday but there you go, another day wasted.

Weigh in this morning and I am down to 80.6 - loss of .5kg or about a 1lb. I'll take it. So my challenge is still moving along. Only got - how many weeks now to whenever Annies challenge finishes. I guess I should change the ticker.

Happy - much fun at the dentist today as you can manage. I don't envy you that one. My dentist was asking how my teeth felt and I told him that the back bottom right one was causing me some grief - as in it hurt from time to time and he asked if I knew why this was. I muttered about old age. He just laughed. It's not funny!

Mel - The mooncake festival was on last time I was in Singapore on my way home from Jakarta. I tried one of the mooncakes, but I'm really not into Asian sweet stuff. It's enough to set my teeth on edge.
Ummm the elevator guy -MMMMMMMMnnnnnnmmmmmm. Sounds like you found the sort of eye candy that I saw on my daily run some time back. Doesn't it do the old heart good. Bet you got a 'lift' out of that.

Michelle - hope you got the required steps in today. Family is always family. We might disagree, argue, fight, sulk, make up and get over it. But there is always one that does not fit.

Laura - okay, so I have to read the book before I go to see the movie. Another thing to put on my list.

Annie - are you out enjoying the spa?? Oh no she is asleep under the desk. Hope it is only a power nap!

Right - I am off to see what I have to do today. Time to finish the coffee, annoy the cat and just get on with it. I have the energy today to get on with it, so I will. See ya
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:29 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

The boss has been in one of his bad moods today and guess who gets the brink of it. His mood has rubbed off on me. He's been nit picking at me all day. I was so ready for 4 p.m. today to have some peace and quiet. Ugh. Thank the Lord I don't have to work tomorrow. He's not like this the whole time. I couldn't work here if he were. He apologized this afternoon, but that didn't calm my nerves. I'm taking a whole xanax tonight. I'm really wishing for a punching bag.

Annie
I'm jealous of your spa day. If I lived closer I'd go with you. Have a safe trip.

Mel
Is keeping that hunk for herself. Glad the elevators are fixed and you can get some rest.

Happy
Are you having your teeth cleaned? That's not to bad for me. My dentist has a good hygenist. Have you rented a row boat yet? Looks like Memphis has been getting bombarded with rain.

Shad
Congrat's on the weight loss. I'd take any thing this week and to top that I've eaten take out food that has a lot of sodium. Not good for a weigh in. The gym has also been closed due to renovations. I'm hoping they get some new equipment.

Laura,
That's great that your health insurance would provide help with getting healthy. I need to look into this with my insurance. At one time it would pay for visit's to Weight Watchers.

Michelle
I'm going tomorrow to get my new pedometer. You and Annie are doing great.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote