Old 08-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #106  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I Am On The Fly Right Now. Will Have To Come Back Later To Read. Doing Wash And The Bldg Seems To Have A Full Moon Firght Inside It Today!!! We Lost Another Tenant And The Wife Is Taking It Very Badly. After 21 Years, I Am Running Out Of Things To Say. Sigh.
Other Than That....the Day Is Going Well But Busy. See Ya Later.
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #107  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MEL...generic...they are in God's hands now...
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:18 PM   #108  
Happy September

AMONGST ALL THE BS GOING ON TODAY I DID GET 2 LOADS OF WASH DONE AND THE SHEETS CHANGED. LOOKING FORWARD TO MY SHOWER AND JAMMIES. SO NOW I AM GOING TO WORK HARD AT DOING NOTHING FOR THE REST OF THE DAY. HAVE A GREAT NIGHT

ANNIE~ POOR SWEET TONY!! HE PROBABLY IS SPOILED! YOUR BROTHER IS RIGHT ABOUT THE PERUMED LADIES...THE MAINT BOSSMAN SAYS THE SAME THING HOPE THE TOOTSIES GET A GOOD REST AT THE OTHER JOB! HOPE YOUR TRIP WITH T AND THE PARTY GOD WELL. HAVE FUN. LIFE IS TOO SHORT NOT TO!
PS.....I HATE THE DENTIST!!

MICHELLE~ THE FAIR SOUNDED GREAT. WE SAW THE CLYDESDALES IN ST LOUIS AND FELL IN LOVE WITH THEM MANY YEARS AGO. GLAD YOU GOT YOUR GOAL FILLED OF WALKING THE FAIR W/O BACK PAIN!!!!!! GOOD GOING KIDDO!! YOU HAVE CERTAINLY COME A LONG WAY ! CONGRATS! YOU ARE JUST THE LITTLE EXERCISE QUEEN AREN'T YOU?

HAPPY~ IF YOU DO GET ON I HOPE YOU AND DH HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AND ENJOY EVERY MINUTE OF THE TIME AWAY FROM WORK AND HOME. HAVE FUN

JEANETTE~ YOU SOUND SOOOO MUCH BETTER EVEN HERE ON 3FC. SOMETIMES IT'S SO GREAT WHEN EVERYTHING SEEMS TO FALL INTO PLACE HUH? I AM GLAD YOU ARE ENJOYING BEING AT PEACE. EVEN HAPPIER UNCLE GAVE YOU THE ADVICE TOO. YOU ARE ON A ROLL ALREADY THIS MONTH WITH HEALTHY LIVING. GOOD FOR YOU AND HOPE NTHE GUY GIVES YOU A GOOD PRICE. WHATEVER NIT IS...IT'S WORTH IT!! HOPE THE 10 WORK DAYS GO EASY FOR YOU TOO.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #109  
Happy September

MICHELLE....I JUST WENT TO GE MY ALEVE AND REMEMBERED I FORGOT TO SAY I HOPE YOUR HEAD FEELS BETTER TODAY. I HEAR YA ON THE BAROMETER. THAT'S MINE TODAY

ALSO WANTED TO WAVE A HAND AT SHADDIE I DON'T HINK I SAW A POST FROM YOU WHEN I READ. HOPE YOU ARE HAVING SOME FUN AND RELAXING TIME IN BETWEEN THE TILING ETC!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-11-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #110  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Almost time for me to head home, quick change of clothes and off to the gym. Then back home to eat, do website work, watch some TV and relax.

Mel - I hope you have a nice, relaxing and quiet evening with no more full moon madness.

Annie - I hope your day is going well. Are you working at CVS tonight or spending the evening with T ?

Love and hugs,
diyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:05 PM   #111  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

MEL...You crack me up...poor sweet Tony..my fat a**. I am with you tonight, when I get home from work it is a shower, jammies, and bed. Like 7:30 or so, I am hitting it. T comes over tomorrow night, I am fixing him ham fried rice...the poor little abused thang. Haha
annie175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:21 PM   #112  
Creating a Healthier Me

Annie - Why the heck does EVERYTHING you talk about fixing for dinner (or whenever) make me ? Sheesh, lady, I wish I could hire you as a live in cook or something. How do you make your fried rice? Recipe please. Okay? I'm just gonna have to look for some low-fat, high fiber EASY yummy recipes on the internet and actually cook.

BTW, my tomatoes are just starting to ripen! Fresh tomatoes from the garden! Yummm!

Last edited by diyana; 08-11-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:01 PM   #113  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Mel - looking for me on the thread yesterday was a waste of your time. I wasn't there. I took a look early in the morning and then went over to the challenges and then thought maybe I just need some time for inspiration and from there the day got away on me. Explanations later.
Sorry to hear about the neighbour. Still it has to be expected in a building like yours. Keep chipper my friend.

Michelle - Glad to hear that the fair went well and that there was no back pain and you went to the gym. Exercise queen - you are.

Annie - you must be feeling a bit worn out. Hope you have a quiet week at work and a nice time went the boy comes over - at least you will be off your feet!

Ceejay - that's a long shift you have pulled for the next 12 days or so. You need to be kind to yourself and look after the body now.

Happy - have a wonderful time away. Vacation time is too precious to not enjoy it. Hope the weather is good and you see the meteors or showers or whatever. Don't forget the telescope!!

The worst of the tiling is now out of the way. I have a short on the knees session today while I do the last corner and from then on it is all about standing and using the brain. It should be finished - even at my slow pace - by the end of this week. Then on to the next project and finish up a couple of other outstanding ones.
My wee lettuces are nearly big enough to eat now. I've picked some of the mint and parsley and I had strawberries, grapes and chocolate mint along with yoghurt for breakfast yesterday. And then onto the day.

First I had a couple of words with the recruiter man. Okay so we are reasonable work buddies, but that doesn't mean he can do whatever and get away with it. I might not want to work, but I HAVE to work and it will serve him right if I find work from a different source.
Then I went for a hearing test. It seems my hearing is much worse than I thought and it will necessitate a couple of hearing aids. Since I am not on a pension, I don't qualify for government help and to get something to do the job will be costing me around 6K. It has to be done, and the money is there but I didn't really want to spend it just yet. Apparently I was supposed to break down in tears and beat the breast and say I am not old enough for this and why me and all the other denials things - but that is not my style. I am old enough, I've never been a fashion plate (long story that one, but you can now get the wee things that fit behind the ear to match up with your glasses or your eyes or your hair colour etc.) But at 6K a pop, you'd need to be sure your glasses were going to stand the test of time I would have thought. Anyway, I could see that I surprised the audiologist because the only thing that upset me was the way that I could not pick up words in the softer and higher registers - and that means I haven't been listening to my girlfriends properly. Aaargh. Although I have to admit, I don't have a problem on the phone.
After that I took my nephews computer down to my friendly guru and had a chat with him about the state of it. His recommendation is to chuck it out and buy a new one. We couldn't get the internet up, there is no disc space left, none of the recent microsoft updates have been done and there is no room to install the necessary There is also no active anti-virus - it probably got turned off because of space and because it interfered with games etc. Rob said that to fix it up, add more disc space and replace the internet card plus labour would cost nearly as much as buying a new desktop and the latest windows XP. So he gave me a quote for a couple of different options - the most expensive of which was less than $600 and I returned the box and quote back to the nephew. WHO DID NOT EVEN SAY THANKS FOR YOUR TROUBLE. It was all he could do to say hello before he got on his phone to his mates. I had a cuddle with the niecelet and went home steaming at the ears.

So today will be a bit of shopping, so gardening - watering and fertilising. It's cheap petrol day and half price car wash, so we will go down and do that. Then back to the tiling. It's a public holiday in Brisbane today for Peoples Day at the Ekka (State Fair) and DS2 has the day off. Don't know what he is up to, but I guess I should go find out. Don't want him starting some other project I need to finish off.

So I'd better go get some breakfast and get on with my day. Hope you enjoy yours. Don't forget to get some exercise during this day - no matter what form it takes.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Shad
I told the boss that I was taking it easy these next few days. I've been there done that and he was nice about it and said I expect you too. I'm my own worse enemy at times. I have a hearing problem also but not yet enough for hearing aides. I had trouble talking to my sister Sunday while I was shopping. The back ground noise was bad. I told her why I kept saying "what did you say?"

Mel and Annie
I will probably join you in the pajama party tonight. I'm trying very hard to get to bed by 9 p.m. but it's really hard when the sun is still shining. I've put black hsades on the windows. It does help.

I'm curious about why the ambulance was down the street this morning. There is usually a traffic cop sitting there so I try to avoid that route. Hope it wasn't the annoying neighbors. I don't wish any sickness on any one.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #115  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Michelle
I know what you mean by those barametric pressure headaches. I get them too.
Happy
have a fun and relzing vacation. Will see you when you get back.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:42 AM   #116  
Creating a Healthier Me

Happy Wednesday (aka Hump Day and Annie's Trash Day) -

I had a hectic day at work yesterday...but was able to get to the gym after work to release stress and recharge with endorphins! I did the elliptical instead of the recumbent stepper and it worked my quads in ways I'm not use to. I had a little twinge in my back driving home...but it didn't last long and I'm fine now. After the gym, I came home and was starving....so I popped in a Lean Cuisine and supplemented with LOTS of fresh veggies. Spent a little time on the computer and then relaxed and watched tv with DH. Today, I'm planning on walking with a friend during lunchtime, and after work, I'll either go to the gym or walk the doggies.

Shad - I'm glad the tiling is nearly done. Enjoy your lettuces...I picked the last of mine a few days ago and am still enjoying them. So sorry that the recruiter man is giving you trouble. Bummer about having to spend so much for hearing aids, but at least you'll hear better. Funny you mention getting your hearing tested. I've often thought about having mine tested, as I have trouble filtering out background noises when someone is speaking. It was so nice of you to take your nephew's computer to your guru. Sounds like your niecelet has much better manners than your nephew - even when she is spitting up on ya'. You have "cheap petrol day"? Awesome!

Ceejay - I hope you had a relaxing evening. I was at the pj party too...in my jammies and relaxing by 7:45 last night. Have a good day at work...don't work too hard!

A big to Mel and Annie both of whom I'm sure will be checking in soon, and to Patty, Ruth, Laura and everyone else!

Love and hugs,
Old 08-12-2009, 08:01 AM   #117  
Creating a Healthier Me

Default For when you are feeling like giving up

Great Poem I stole from someone in the 100 lb club who stole from someone else. Don't know who the original author is.

When you've eaten too much and you can't write it down,
And you feel like the biggest failure in town.
When you want to give up just because you gave in,
and forget all about being healthy and thin.
So What! You went over your calories a bit,
It's your next move that counts...So don't you quit!
It's a moment of truth, it's an attitude change.
It's learning the skills to get back in your range.
It's telling yourself, "You've done great up till now.
You can take on this challenge and beat it somehow."
It's part of your journey toward reaching your goal.
You're still gonna make it, just stay in control.
To stumble and fall is not a disgrace,
If you summon the will to get back in the race.
But, often the struggle's, when loosing the grip,
Just throw in the towel and continue to slip.
And learn too late when the damage is done,
that the race wasn't over...they still could have won.
Lifestyle change can be awkward and slow,
but facing each challenge will help you grow.
Success is failure turned inside out,
the silver tint in a cloud of doubt.
When you're pushing to the brink, just refuse to submit,
If you bite it, you write it....But don't you quit!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:15 AM   #118  
Happy September

ANNIE ~ I AM SO GLAD THAT POOR SWEET THAN AIN'T GONNA STARVE TODAY. HAM FRIED RICE OUR FAV USED TO BE SPANISH RICE WITH DICED HAM. YUM!

MICHELLE~ STOP DROOLING. THINK OF THE SCALE. WATI WAS JUST READING ABOUT HEALTHY CHOICE COMING OUT WITH SOME NEW DINNERS. THEY'RE PROBABLY TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH LEAN CUISINE. I LIKE LEAN'S CHOICES TOO. YOU JUST REMINDED ME I AM OUT OF THEM! WATCH THAT BACK!!! IT WAS TALKING TO YOU ON THE WAY HOME LAST NIGHT.

SHAD~ DAYS HAVE A HABIT OF GETTING AWAY FROM ME TOO. I AM SO SURPRISED AT THE NEED FOR HEARING AIDS. YOU NEVER MISSED A BEAT ON THE PHONE BUT THEN EVERY OTHER WORD FROM ME IS FOOK.... THE NEPHEW NEEDED HIS EARS BOXED HOPE YOU HAD A HAPPY PEOPLE'S DAY. DO THE MAJORITY OF THE AUSSIES SPEND IT IN THE LOO LIKE YOU DID??? JUST WONDERING ;rofl:

JEANETTE~ TAKE CARE OVER ALL THE WORK DAYS. I HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BACKGROUND NOISE TOO. GLAD YOU JOINED THE PAJAMA PARTY!!

A LOVELY SUNNY DAY IS BEGINNING. I AM DETERMINED THIS MONTH TO GET A GRIP ON THE WASH. CURTAINS AND QUILTS NEED SOME WASHING. WHEN THE PEOPLE MOVE INTO THE NEW BUILDIONG BEHIND ME, I WILL NEED TO GET THICKER CURTAINS FOR THE BEDROOM. GETTING UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT TO ANSWER ALARMS IN THE NUDE MIGHT FRIGHTEN SOME OF THEM. NOTHING NEW HERE. JUST LAUNDRY. SO I WILL BID YOU A GREAT DAY
Old 08-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #119  
Happy September

michelle....great poem. you snuck that in while i was typing!
Old 08-12-2009, 08:38 AM   #120  
Creating a Healthier Me

Mel - You are so right. I need to quit drooling and think of the scale. My back was gently reminding me that even though there's no pain...I still shouldn't do anything stupid. At least it wasn't yelling at me like it used to. I do like the new entrees by Smart Ones (the artisan pizzas and flatbreads are AWESOME) and Lean Cuisine (the quesadillas are phenomenol). I just bought a Healthy Choice Roasted Tomato chicken dinner but haven't tried it yet. Have fun doing laundry!