Old 08-08-2009, 10:10 AM   #76  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

I FORGOT TO SAY SOMETHING:
I WAS PART OF A SMALL TEAM (WE WERE ONLY 4) ON ANOTHER WEBSITE. THEY WERE ORIGINALLY FROM 3FC. NOW THAT I AM CUTTING BACK ON COMPUTER TIME AND NOT POSTING ON WEEKENDS(EXCEPT THIS ONE...LOL) I INVITED THEM TO BACK HERE WITH ME. WE WILL SEE IF ANYONE COMES
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:12 AM   #77  

Annie - Glad you're enjoying the work at CVS. Maybe the weather this weekend will be icky and you won't mind being inside..

Ceejay - I'd definitely be of a mind to find another mowing service. The nerve of asking for pay in advance. Must be some big drainage ditch to have a clubhouse!

Happy - Finally checked out the Stone Wind site. That looks like a wonderful setting! Enjoy yourself and take lots of photos!!

Mel - So nice you have Willie to help you out when you're out and about. Re Trader Joe's - I like the garlic naan. Mmmm. Hope the tearing is gone.

Michelle - Congrats on the weight loss. And I'm glad you're enjoying the healthy food. I definitely start to feel deprived w/o my sweets and junky snacks. I try to keep it out of the house.

Shad - Yeh, contortions are needed to reach the elusive spot behind the toilet. You're an experienced DIYer, but for me, the bright part of that hidden spot is that I might not be able to easily see any of my goof-ups!

Sorry I didn't report sooner - the x-ray was clear, and I haven't been thinking about my lungs or breathing all week - feeling completely better. I'll bring this up to the allergist regardless when I have my annual later this year.

No more dog walks, but I'll shoot for a couple this weekend. I got a short strength workout at the gym on Thursday. I told bf I was going to the gym, but first I stopped off to buy his b-day gift and then headed to the gym afterwards. Only did 25 min at the gym, but it was better than nothing.
Yesterday was bf's b-day and we went to dinner. More rain today, and icky humidity as well. I'm feeling lazy, but I should go do a workout in the basement. Having a few friends over tonight for bf's bday. Maybe tomorrow we'll get over to bf's sister's pool. I'm taking Monday off work - I just need a day off!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!
Laura705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:27 AM   #78  

Hello Ladies,

Mel - Thank you. Remember i'm a contractor and the job is being brought back inhouse, so i have been doing it for a while. Now just a little more stability (i hope)... Have a good weekend.

Laura - Hello to you. I've been MIA for about a week. I'm from Texas...My fur baby is my kid. Single/home owner... Welcome to our group...

Shad - hope your not sore tomorrow.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:08 PM   #79  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Good morning ladies,

Just popping my head in here taking a break from list making. Sometimes taking a vacation is a LOT of work. So far things are in control - looks like the best night for the peak of the meteor shower will be rainy but it will be dry the rest of the week so perhaps we'll get lucky Wednesday. I am really looking forward to this.

Patty - I'm so glad you got the job! I'll bet that's a big relief off of your mind. Especially when you're the only one you can count on.

Laura - HB to the BF. Hope you have a nice long weekend. Doesn't it just make you feel soooo good to have a day off of work Enjoy. Glad to hear your lungs/chest have cleared up. Every once in a while my chest hurts/feels heavy - I think there is schmutz in the air because it comes and goes almost without notice.

Mel - hope your friends try us out. We don't bite Did you enjoy your morning out? I love it when the mornings are refreshing - not too hot or cool - it's a bit sad because it's a reminder that fall is around the corner. But you can really enjoy them - especially if it's early and nice and quiet too. Jen's analogy about babies to oldies is pretty funny - especially because it's true. You forgot the part about stubborn and tempermental! I hope Ritchie and Jen can enjoy their week together with the family. Now go rest your eyes.

Shad - loved your half twist pike description Don't forget the boob squish and you lean into the seat top and contort yourself. I feel the same way about cleaning back there So DS2 is the land baron? I guess if you time it right, it can be a good investment. Many people down here and I mean MANY have summer homes or rentals. When I talked about cilantro being hard to grow, I meant just as you were describing - I planted the stuff and 2 weeks later it was starting to go to seed already. What the heck with that? How did you stop it from going to seed? It wasn't worth planting in my opinion. Bad enough the dill goes fast. And if it reseeds itself, I guess we'll be having dill and coriander growing in DH's flower garden next season

Michelle - thanks for the tip on the Oroweat rounds - I like their breads and have to check those out. That's the 3rd time I've heard about them in as many days - must be an omen! I agree with you about the foods. I still THINK I want certain things but if I do eat them, they are never as good as I thought and I'm starting to pay more attention to the fact that they either make me feel sick or I feel so tired from the blood sugar drop. With all these things in your face, WHY do we fight so very hard to stay on plan? Looks like by your signature you are making great progress on "de-pantsing yourself WTGG!!!

Annie - glad to hear you are having fun at CVS. If you have to work a second job (or even a first) it's better if you can have some fun at it! Bummer on the pants fitting - you can never find them when you need them. Now if you had only 59 cents to your name until next month, you know you would find a slew in your size at bargain prices. I don't know if it's just me, but it seems that I have to try every single pair of pants on because they all fit differently - like shoes. What's with that?

Ceejay - that's sort of sad that there's no trees around to make a clubhouse and the boys had to resort to a ditch. At least they are good for tornado season - ok, so that was a BAD joke. I think you need to find them a refrigerator shipping box and relocate them

Ok, I have a ton of things to do so I'd better get off this computer and get busy.

Anyone use a portable GPS for maps and stuff? If so, which and how do you like it?
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM   #80  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Mel - hope your friends try us out. We don't bite

Not sure about this statement at all. Sometimes we give people a 'gentle' roasting and then nibble around the edges to see if the point got thru. You and I have both done that Happy. More than once.
Anyway, have a wonderful time away. Maybe I should just pop on over and ensure the weather stays fine and mild for your heavenly viewing.

Patty - great work on getting the job. You will be feeling great relief now. I'll pop in and take a look at the computer on my way through to see Happy's meteor shower. I might need a glass of wine by then. The nephews computer appears to have had some sort of a hiccup. It may be that the network card is no longer working according to my guru. In fact he thinks that is more likely than the age and space and the fact that the internet disappeared without warning. So I need to report back to the family soon. I may get Robbie to go look at it and give it a going over. Only thing is that I will get embarrassed if it turns out to be full of dust like mine was! :blush:

Annie - I hope you got some rest between jobs. You will be very tired if you don't. What will the 'boy' be doing without his home cooked dinners - I ask.

Michelle - hope you have a good time at the fair. We used to enjoy them as kids. The Queensland Ekka is on at the moment. It's more or less the State Fair - Ekka is Australian for exhibition - I haven't been for years. But I'm not good at side show alley, and I get very tired of the crowds, however I do like the dog shows and the horses (along with the other animals) and the baking and craft. Some very talented people out there.

Laura - what makes you think that some of my goof ups are not on show there as well? I can make some great goof ups. Mind you if you make them down the back wall of the loo room, then you don't get to see them all the time when you are 'visiting' and anyway a good grout takes care of a lot of problems - as long as the grout is the same or a similar colour to the tiles. I can't imagine how bad it would look with white tiles and black grout. The walls in there are not straight and it takes a fair amount of jiggling to get some of the tiles even remotely fitting and aligned.

Ceejay - what the heck? Payment up front? Give it a rest. Can't blame you for changing the mower people.

Okay - time to get out there and enjoy the day. I'm off for a walk/jog and then back to the loo although today will see the end of this part of the tiling. There is still more to do, but true to form I can't find the trim I wanted at a reasonable price. Heck the one I had set my heart on had a price tag dearer than the complete cost of all the other wall tiles. I'm sooooooo good at picking the very best and most expensive.

After cleaning that lot up, I'm about to start on the painting and trim. Then start on the grout. A couple of hours in the garden should soothe the savaged muscles and knees and a friend of mine from Melbourne has come to town for a couple of days so I need to touch base and see where she wants to go or do. She tells me she has come off the project from ****. I laughed.

Then of course there is always the family - and I need to get in touch with some friends. I guess tomorrow I will have to get serious about job hunting but that is tomorrow and the longer I put it off the better I will feel about it.

Have a great day/ night.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #81  
Happy September

MORE CHICKEN RECIPES

http://www.purelyallnatural.com/whol...pes/index.html

I JUST HAD 1/2 OF A TRADER JOE'S CHICKEN PARMESAN BREAST. 1/2 CUP OF PASTA. 1 CUP OF MIXED STEAMED VEGGIES AND I AM STUFFED!
THEN I TOOK ALL THE REST AND MADE MY OWN TV DINNERS IN SOME DIVIDER CONTAINERS I FOUND IN THE SUPERMARKET. DINNER IS GOOD TO GO FOR ANOTHER 3 MEALS :yum: I AM LOVING THESE CONTAINERS.

LAURA~ WOW I AM SO GLAD THE XRAY WAS CLEAR. THAT IS GREAT NEWS. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BF AND HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME TONITE.

PATTY~ STABILITY IS A GOOD THING THEN YOU CAN FEEL SECURE AND CONCENTRATE ON YOU

HAPPY~ THE KIDS ALWAYS TEASE ME THAT I NEED A GPS INCASE I GET LOST HOPE IT WORKS FOR YOU TWO. I AM GETTING EXCITED FOR YOUR VACATION...YOU'D THINK I WAS GOING TO TAG ALONG!! I HOPE THE FRIENDS POST TOO. I WILL MISS THEM IF THEY DON'T. I AM CONSIDERING HANDCUFFS!!

SHAD~ I AM NOT SURE I CAN THINK OF ANYTHING I FORGOT TO SAY LAST NIGHT! GET THE EXPENSIVE TILE TRIM AND YOU WILL BE IN HEAVEN ALL THE DAYS OF RETIREMENT!! HAVE FUN WITH FRIENDS AND FAMILY...YOU DESERVE SOME PAMPERING. YOU AND THE FRIEND CAN HAVE A CONTEST ABOUT THE BIGGEST JOB FROM H E L L....BUT I BET YOU WILL WIN!!!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-08-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #82  
Choose your hard

Mel - you should be happy. DH for some unknown reason is trying to learn Silent Night on the guitar. And yes, I know the song was created for a guitar. It's 92 degrees out. And he keeps repeating the same 6 notes as he tries to learn it.

Now I know how Shad feels when you post your Christmas ticker.
Old 08-08-2009, 10:57 PM   #83  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh gawd. I had to stop her from talking about Christmas on the phone too. I'm not coming over with that in the air. Doesn't that song only have about 6 notes in it?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:20 AM   #84  
Choose your hard

Duck Shad, I see her light on and she's about to the both of us!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:21 AM   #85  
Happy September

ALL I CAN SAY IS.................

It's the most wonderful time of the year
With the kids jingle belling
And everyone telling you "Be of good cheer"
It's the hap-happiest season of all
With those holiday greetings and gay happy meetings
When friends come to call
It's the hap- happiest season of all

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago

There'll be much mistltoeing
And hearts will be glowing
When love ones are near

There'll be parties for hosting
Marshmallows for toasting
And caroling out in the snow
There'll be scary ghost stories
And tales of the glories of
Christmases long, long ago

There'll be much mistltoeing
And hearts will be glowing
When love ones are near
It's the most wonderful time
Yes, It's the most wonderful time
Oh, It's the most wonderful time

137 sleeps, 15 hours, 31 minutes & 34 seconds
Old 08-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #86  
Happy September

HELLO MY JINGLE BELL SOUTHERN SISTER I LOVE YOUR HUBBY!!!! STRUM AWAY MR. HAPPY!!!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:32 AM   #87  
Choose your hard

I guess it's pretty quiet here on the weekends. I spent ALL day in front of the computer yesterday - mostly doing lots and lots of sifting through the internet to find things to see or do while on vacation. I'm not really a hiker. There was one spot that was supposed to be very picturesque (sp?) for sunsets. Except I read that you have to hike this narrow rim with a straight drop down the bluffs to get there. There is even a warning sign - 6 people have fallen to their death. Do you even THINK for a MOMENT that I would even consider this. The answer is a resounding and I will get literally paralyzed with fear. Don't like up high out in the wide open. DH on the other hand, not afraid to stand at the edge of the slippery observation point at the Grand Canyon, though this would be a GREAT place to check out. So he jumped on the computer and found that you can drive up to an observation point. We shall see.

I spent an inordinate amount of time to get very little info. 90 percent of what I found was either out of date, not something we'd be interested in or nothing much to see. We are going to 2 parks but will not be doing any spelunking (caving). There was a nice 3 hour train tour but it only runs on the weekend and we'll be out of there by then. I still haven't found much to do on the second leg of our trip but maybe we'll just drive around the lake and the river and take it easy.

I have my other lists complete and now it's just a matter of tackling the to-dos, getting some groceries and packing it all up.

Hope you are all having a good Sunday - stay cool, I think we got another burst of summer heat (finally) and I have no time to enjoy the pool.

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-09-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:36 AM   #88  
Choose your hard

Mel

One of my favorite commercials is for an office supply store where the dad is dancing down the aisles to that song, smiling and putting things in his basket / buggy. He is trailed by 2 very pouty looking kids. It's a classic! He is singing It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year (because it's time for them to go back to school). One of the few things a parent gets to nyah nyah their kids about

Last edited by happy2bme; 08-09-2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #89  
Happy September

SORRY....WE HAD A FLASE MEDICAL ALARM AND THE COPS WERE SENT HERE. POOR GUY.

THE AD ON TV WOULD CRACK ME UP! I LOVE THAT OLD ANDY WILLIAN'S SONG ANYWAY AND WHEN I READ YOUR POST ABOUT THE HUBBY...I BEGAN SINGING THAT SONG IN MY HEAD!
SOME DRIVING AROUND BY THE LAKE AND MAYBE A PICNIC?? SOUNDS GOOD TO ME.,.....HUBBY CAN PRACTICE SILENT NIGHT WITH MOTHER NATURE SURROUNDING HIM. MAYBE ALL THE CHIPMUNKS, SQUIRRELS AND BIRDS WILL ALL COME TO LISTEN!

OK WORLDLIES...I AM OFF TO HAVE BREAKFAST AND GET THIS DAY BEGUN!

Last edited by MELODY525; 08-09-2009 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 PM   #90  

Hello Ladies,

We'll I"m like Mel... I just love the holiday songs...I probably have one or two in my vehicle and I still have my Happy Holidays Banner on my side walll at work.

Happy - where are you headed for vacation?

oops... someone is knocking at door... need to run
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote